Who is starting to Impress ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ddave_73
Firstly i would like to say hello to anyone who may read this ..

I am a super noob to this forum .. Anyhoo

I like manny others respect the deniro`s and brondo`s of this world but as alot of our most favourite male actors of teh last 20 or so years ago are now becoming old and almost certainly not filling the kind of roles we used to see them in (e.g) brondo wont be doin any more apocolypse now type movies and deniro proberbly wont be doin any more movies where he plays the kind of role he did in raging bull or Cape fear ..

I have noticed some very good actors over the last few years who have impressed me in a simmilar way that the actors mentioned above did in the past ..

The actors I personaly Rate Very Highly at present are Eric Bana - for his role as Mark Chopper Reid in the movie "Chopper" Daniel Day Lewis - For most recently His role in "Gangs of New York"
Also I have seen some very good performances from Ewin Mcgregger - most notebly for his role as a Junkie in "Trainspotting" his roles in star wars make him a God in my book anyway but as I am A HUGE star wars fan This may be an unfair advantagfe if I was ranking My fave actors hehe

Soooo these are a few of my thaughts and Views .

any comments are welcomed and if anyone woudl liek to recomend any other actors who you may think coudl fill the gap that i see apearing as some of our old favourites get a little too old , That woudl be great

sooo to those who have not yet falen asleap whilst reading my post what do ya think of my personal Top Actor Recomendations ??

Evil Dead
I'd have to say the new Hollywood elite (in terms of acting ability) would have to include:

Edward Norton
Russel Crowe
Brad Pitt

ofcourse there will always be roles for the best actors of yester year like Deniro, Pacino, and Dreyfus........

lil bitchiness
I always thought Leonardo Di caprio was a great actor...and i still think so. Brad Pitt is also good...he was in past few films, he impressed me a lot!thumb up
Edward Norton, im gonna totaly agree with Evil Dead since he is amazing (American History X)
There are more....well Johnny Depp was always good at what he did, so
Toby MCguire(sp) is also an amzazing young actor......

Evil Dead
ooooh........I forgot Depp...........

Depp is indeed a tremendous actor. He impresses me so much with his range.......from Ed Wood to From Hell......to the Ninth Gate......to Sleepy Hollow.......this man has range.

Also, I was thinking of American History X when I typed Ed Norton.........he does such an amazing job in that flick. He is also notable in several others.

Brad Pitt has so much acting ability that it actually bugs me a bit when girls only talk about him on here as being sexy. 12 Monkeys, Se7en, Kalifornia, Snatch.........this man can play just about any role, comedic or dramatic.

Dicaprio would probably be thought of more fondly by me if he chose better roles. He can act......but chooses the wrong movies. Man in the Iron Mask? WTF was he thinking.........The Beach? Oh my god that was awful.............

Catch Me if you Can is probably his only film which I can watch and enjoy........well only film recently........I love This Boy's Life which he co-starred in with Deniro.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...i agree.. Man in the Iron mask sucked, and the Beach was no better....terrible! Titanic..What the f**k?

I was more thinking of his earlier films like ''Basketball Diaries'' and ''Whats Eating Gilbert Grape'' and indeed ''Catch me if you can'' he did do a god job there!

Ddave_73
well i feel perfectly at home now hehe

I think I may like this Community =)

You guys certainly have good taste ..

I agree 100% with the comments on edward nortan and brad pitt

these guys are certainly in the elite actors ohhh yeahhh

johhny depp also impresses me .. very convincing in most roles and is very versitile ..

Sugar Kane
Brondo? Brando, you mean...? big grin He is my all time favourite, as as far as I am concerned, there will never be any actor who can impress me more than the first time I saw him in A Streetcar Named Desire, it just floored me. And now, I find myself comparing every actor to Brando, and I have to say that IMHO, nobody touches him.

But I do have to admit that I have been impressed in the last few years in particular, by Johnny Depp; he has made some really brave and interesting choices as an actor. Because he never sold out artistically, he has some major credibility-- and when he does do a blockbuster, he never plays a conventional hero- i.e. Edward Scissorhands and Capt. Jack Sparrow. The man is fearless. He is a truly great actor, and he is completely unpredictable. Look at Ed Wood for example, or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...Johnny will become a legend, I know it.

Kes
Well Edward Norton is excelente.
Also Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson are very good actors.
Johnny Depp is good in the goofy characters.

bLooMiLiCioUs
johnny depp - he add humor even if there isn't,and he doesn't overdo it when it shldn't be,he knows how his role shld be and did u know he ad libbed quite alot for POTC?and he came up with the whole pirate's costumea for himself too...genius.and yeah,his range....best actor ive ever seen....

cgtuna21
Orlando Bloom is definitely starting to improve.

cgtuna21
Also Hayden Christensen

bLooMiLiCioUs
yup!!both of them. love

Evil Dead
Hayden Christensen and Orlando Bloom while being good actors and notable for their roles in huge blockbuster movies.......don't even need to be mentioned in this thread.

Doing a good job in a couple of movies....and being skyrocketed to stardom by winning roles in blockbuster movies does not make you a member of the Hollywood elite. This in no way means you should be mentioned in a thread searching for the next Robert Deniro, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, etc.

It takes years and years of steadily great performances in a variety of roles to showcase an actor's true ability.............Do either of them have 5-10 years or more of critically acclaimed acting performances? No......they are simply good actors in the spotlight today for their contributions to blockbuster films. This in no way indicates they will be the Deniro, Brando or Nicholson of tomorrow.

This thread is about the great actors (Deniro, Nicholson, Brando, Heston, Pacino,etc.) of tomorrow........not the Johnny Depps, Keanu Reeves of tomorrow.

To mention two rookies along side great performers like Russel Crowe, Ed Norton, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, etc. is just insulting to them. They have spent years and years perfecting their craft.....taking challenging roles and excelling......no need to bring them down by somehow throwing two rookies who have shown little range or longevity in their acting roles into the same category as them.

Hayden and Orlando may very well be the Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Ed Norton or Russel Crowe of tomorrow..........but not the next Deniro or Brando. It will take another 10 years filled with varying performances to make that kind of assesment of their acting abilities. Nobody would have watched Johnny Depp in A Nightmare on Elm Street or Edward Scissorhands and say "that's the next Marlon Brando".......it took time and dedication to the perfection of his craft to recieve such endorsement from us fans........

bLooMiLiCioUs
the thread says "STARTING to impress".......

Evil Dead
"I like manny others respect the deniro`s and brondo`s of this world but as alot of our most favourite male actors of teh last 20 or so years ago are now becoming old and almost certainly not filling the kind of roles we used to see them in (e.g) brondo wont be doin any more apocolypse now type movies and deniro proberbly wont be doin any more movies where he plays the kind of role he did in raging bull or Cape fear ..

I have noticed some very good actors over the last few years who have impressed me in a simmilar way that the actors mentioned above did in the past .."

That is the very first post which outlined the thread topic........so you think Orlando Bloom is already impressing you in a similar way as the actors mentioned above did in the past?

BackFire
I think Jared Leto could go places.

bLooMiLiCioUs
yah he is -i cld go on forevertho.and i didn' mention only orlando bloom i also mentioned johnny depp.

Evil Dead
Whenever I think of Jared Leto I think of his character on "My So Called Life"............

Kes
Evil > Ed Norton is a great actor and he has played different characters.

Evil Dead
I know, I've said that twice in this thread so far. He can portray just about any role. He, along with Russel Crowe, are probably my favorite two actors going today.

liz123
vannesa paredee

H.M.Servant
I think Cristian Bale is a great actor

silver_tears
I agree even more so now thumb up

Sybil
Chester Bennington.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.