What do we want to know?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi212guy
Do we want to know the whole Epi. II story before we see the movie? I just need enough to get me excited. I don't want to be able to predict events from scene to scene. What about you all? For example, would you like to know if Count Dooka (is that his name?) dies in this movie or would you prefer it to be a surprise?

Ushgarak
It's Dooku, apparently... and you know,I really don't know if I want to know or not? Odd.

queeq
Neither do I. But I do know I read any info I can get my hands on. No principles on spoilers here.

finti
I`m kind of thorn there I want to know all right now, but I dont wnat the film to be spoiled for any surprises.
Tricky.

queeq
I am beyond that. Usually whe I know more I get more curious on HOW they'd do it or get me to believe it.

jedi212guy
I would like to know WHO fights each other, but not who dies in the fights nor the ending of the movie. I too read any spoilers I can get my hands on, because they won't say something like, "OB1 cuts the head of Count Dooku off."

Gundark
There are so many elements to the film that I have no problem reading spoilers. Of course I don't want to know the ending, but I'll take any information I can get. evil face

jedi212guy
That's what this message board is all about; sharing information and opinions about the future films.

DarthBorgie
Nothing too revealing, yet, something that will make everyone happy

Spoiler:
Jar Jar dies

jedi212guy
I hope and pray that you are correct DarthBorgie!

Ushgarak
Was that the plan from the start?

jedi212guy
No, but if JarJar dies, I think everyone will be happy.

DarthBorgie
You know, Jar Jar could have been a good character if he wasn't a disney clone.

queeq
Okay, here's one: Mace cuts Jango's head off.

funk to funky
JahJah does NOT die.

Dooku {do you really want to know these?}

finti
Disney clone of what? Goofy?

jedi212guy
I think I would have liked Goofy in TPM better than JarJar.

DJ Velocity
I heard Snoop Doggy Dogg was in EpIII playing a representative for the Long Beach Insane Crips in the Imperial Senate. Jar Jar makes the mistake of wearing a red waistcoat (the colour of the Crips rival gang the Bloods). Snoop then pulls out a Mac 10 and starts shooting the Motherf***in' Senate hall up in a scene which will be directed by John Woo. Chow Yun Fat will apparently play a small part in this scene.

Look out for a cameo from Eminem.

Anyone else heard this rumour?

Ushgarak
Doubtful

jedi212guy
Yehhhh... That's what I heard.... (confused look)

DJ Velocity
Yeah its true. Its gonna rivel the government lobby scene in The Matrix. It all boils down to Palpatine/Sidious who bought Jar Jar the waistcoat, knowing that it would truly upset Snoop and start an all out turf war. This is what Tarkin refers to in ANH when he says the remnants of the senate have been disolved. They are in the middle of an underground war.

Darth Pants
I hope that the fight between Jango and Obi Wan surpasses the Matrix lobby shootout scene. I reckon it will, and reading the leaked storyboards only made me want to see the fights more, an example of leaked info not necessarily being a bad thing. Shame about the whole Jango-Mace-lightsabre-neck revalation though, could have done without that.

Ushgarak
Star Wars individual choreography in the form of Nick Gillard's sabre fights still only has two rivals- Matrix and Crouching Tiger Bidden Dragon. Many of us here may well feel that the sabre fight in TPM has the edge.

HOWEVER, Star Wars has still not been able to do a truly classic shoot-out, with the fight in the Death Star detention block being the best. People expect a bit more from their gunfights these days- though I';d like to see the really big Star Wars batles have a Saving Privatre Ryan feel about them (minus the blood, of course...)

So if this shoot-out, if real, really IS great, that would be quite a coup for them.

Dim
Well, we could have an alien picking up his shot-off arm and looking at it...that would be very Saving Private Ryan...hehehe..sorry, you're comment just reminded me of that..

Good points Ush! big grin

Ushgarak
Cheers... though you're only trying to make me feel better about the hacking nonsense, I feel...

Dim
Not at all...you make good points when it comes to the films/weapons/fighting...nice paralells..smile

Ushgarak
Yeah, well... I mean, take the Place Gunfight at Naboo. Now, this was perfectly good enjoyment. But no-one was watching it and thinkinh 'Wow...' like you would with the Matrix.

Of course, everyone watching it was probably thinking 'get back to the sabre fight! Grr!'

And the field battle in TPM was good- certainly a technical triumph- but it all felt a little impersonal. A SPR apporahc could get you really 'in there', and not need to be actually any more violent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.