Are the Jedi Council arrogant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
When Qui Gon tells them about Darth Maul, it seems that they almost don't believe him or at least can not believe it may be a Sith.

Does anyone think this points to an attitude or arrogance anbd supremacy from the Jedi Council?

Mos Fin jedi
I agree, I don't think the council showed any of the respect to Qui Gonn as he deserves being a Jedi master. Mace Windu came off as arrogant and condescending the entire time. You would think the council would have placed a little higher value on such an important account given by a Jedi master.

queeq
I agree wholeheartedly with MFJ. I think Mace should be killed in one of the upcoming episodes for that nasty behaviour. Also talking about Anakin that way with him in the room, very condescending. Hopefully Anakin slices him up in thin slices when he turns bad.

queeq out

Ratcat
Perhaps that constitutes part of Anakins fall? The deep seated resentment of the Council for how they treated him originally.

Welcome MFJ, I hope we see you post again.

queeq
I hope, I hope, I hope. I'd love it.

queeq out

Ratcat
Why do I feel that you just wanna see Mace get his. smile

Dim
He seems to doesn't he...talking about slicing Mace into itty bitties..

queeq
I hated, I say HATED, Mace in TPM. If the storyboards are true he's got a very cool fight scene coming up, but he was a true arse in that Council. So, yes, slices are fine with me.

queeq out

Mos Fin jedi
I agree strongly with queeq. I would love nothing more for Mace to come to an end in episode two. As much as I love Samuel L. Jackson as an actor I must say I don't like this character in the least. I justr don't thik a member of the Jedi council would act like that. They should be more reverent and have more respect for their own Jedi master's. And besides I'm sure it would make for a great fight scene. and as much as I hate him I would love to see him in action.

Ratcat
True, and even Yoda ws the same. But then Yoda was like that on Dagobah to.

"Our own council we shall keep" = "Keep you nose out Qui Gon"

queeq
Yes, but Yoda will learn his lesson too. 20 years in a swamp is severe punishment for the little critter. Mace is just an a$$hole. And... Yoda was wiser. he saw the danger in Anakin's training.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Anyone notice Anakin's eyes when Mace breifs Qui-Gon and says, "Now is not the time for this." Anakin almost scowls at Windu, hinting a possible future hatred for him.

queeq
I know. If looks could kill... lightsabres sure can. Hehehehe evil face

queeq out

Darth Heinous
Mace Windu is severely overated. Just because he's a senior Jedi Master DOES NOT make great! I think he's a stupid fool not to believe Master Qui-Gon Jinn that the Sith have returned. Master Jinn IS significantly older which means he's seen more of the galaxy and practiced his lightsaber skills longer (which would make him better). Mace would have died even faster against Darth Maul (who should've impaled Mace at his crotch). I hope Darth Tyrannus cuts of Mace's arms, then his legs, and finally decapitates him, then spits on his corpse! One other thing Ki-Adi-Mundi sucks! He sucks! I hope Darth Sidious electrocutes him with Force Lightning or Jango Fett (or Boba Fett) blows his banana head off with a blaster.

Ratcat
I see that SLJ is now saying in interviews that his skills are second only to those of Yoda.

queeq
Which makes him the perfect pray for the ultimate bad Jedi in the universe. Mace-carpaccio, anyone?

queeq out

Ratcat
Dunno what that is but I suspect that I don't want to either.....

queeq
*sigh*

Carpaccio is an Italian dish with very thin slices of beef, salmon or anything that'd work. I know it spoils the joke, but somehow I felt I might help your educationa bit. It's very tasty.

queeq out

Dim
hellloooooooooo..we only allow low-brow humor here...JEESH!stick out tongue

queeq
As I said: I'm trying to educate you people a little bit. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. evil face

queeq out

Ratcat
Yes, because we're all such pond life aren't we queeq....

queeq
Pond life??????

I didn't say that. I wuv you guys, otherwise I wouldn't even make the effort laughing out loud

queeq out

Dim
Awwwwwwwwe.....He wuvs us! Okay teacher...what else?

queeq
Say after me: Mace must be cut up and served as carpaccio.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Mace must be liquidised and served as cappuccino.

queeq
Close. I'll give you a B-. Keep trying, Daft.

queeq out

Gundark
(Gundark uses her best Elmer Fudd voice) Aw, qweeq, we all knew you weally wuved us...huhuhuhuhuhu) Now you can go back to hunting for that wascally wabbit.

To comment on topic, I'll have to see Mace actually in action with his saber before I'll judge his abilities or technique.

Gundark
Sorry to post twice in a row here, but further comment on the ORIGINAL TOPIC (sorry, RC), I agree that the Jedi council was arrogant, aloof and distant. They treated Qui-Gon's report like the buzzing of a fly. They were not at all what I thought they would be.

queeq
If the leaked storyboards are the real thing, his scene does look absolutely spectacular. But his behaviour in the Council in TPM still makes him deserve to be carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

queeq out

Ratcat
Yes, but behavior can be misjudged or misunderstood very easily queeq. We can amke assumptions about someones motives without really knowing them and in doing so be so far off of the mark.

queeq
True. But so far that's hwo I feel about him. And I think that may be just like Anakin feels about him. I also think Anakin will kill him in Ep2. He must at least kill one of the best Jedi fighters and we know Yoda escapes.

queeq out

Ratcat
Can't see that. If Anakin kills Mace then he's path to the darkside would be complete. Unless he kills him by accident and I don't believe that would satisfy your bloodlust!

queeq
Hehehehe laughing out loud .

Well, you are right. His journey to the Dark Side is complete then. And Anakin's fall to the Dark Side will take place in Ep3. See, it all fits.

queeq out

Ratcat
How can it fit? I'd hate to do a jigsaw with you!

You say you want him to kill MAce in 2 but fall in 3.

The completion would be when he embraced the darkside and if he killed mace then that would be in 2...

wouldn't it?

queeq
Oh I see, I wrote that down wrong. You're right. I think Anakin kills him in Ep3, in which film he also fall to the Dark Side. Typo or plain mistake, forgive me. But yes, that's the scenario I had in mind. Sorry for the confusing.

queeq out

Gundark
queeq, you're getting Daft !! Hehehe laughing out loud

queeq
I'm transforming!! I'm tranforming!!!

queeq out

Gundark
why, queeq isn't a queeq at all.. he's...he's...a TRANSFORMER !!! Run for your lives, he's loose !!! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! rolling on floor laughing

queeq
I will get you all!!! *demonic laughter as queeq takes off propelled by his jet engines*

queeq out

Gundark
spit, sputter...(queeq's jet engines die) looks like you forgot to fuel up !

queeq
*queeq crashes down but lands on Gundark*

Soft landing. Thanks Gundy-dear.

*queeq brushes off the dust as Gundark gags ans spit up blood*

Need a handkerchief to wipe that crap off your face?

queeq out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.