The overall most powerfull character ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ruby
What in your opinion is the most powerfull character (marvel), not just in strength but in speed , intellegence etc. ?

Metroplex
Glactus is definetly the strongest one on that list. But he's already dead. Anyway he can literally eat each and everyone of the people on the list.

Lord Soth
Apocalypse has near-limitless power, he gets my vote

BOPRecruit 16
although i haven't heard of all of these, i'd have to go with wolverine for he can heal/age slowly and has sharper senses.

Spawnie
Well wolverine is one of my favorites, but he is a little bit low on the food chain compared to some above him in the list.

Darth Vicious
None of the above, i believe the most powerful characters are the Celestials which are nearly omnipotent and is believed they created the Marvel Universe!

godfather
Galactucus is cosmic, non of there other are so is a very unfair fight- Galactucus can eat whole planets ummmmmm not really a question.

ruby
who is Celestials? i might add him/her/the/them next time Happy Dance

ruby
i think its thanos on that list

ill add onslought next time

MaverickIce
Ehhh...........Not even the Celestials Darth, its the Living Tribunal. He's like frickin' God. Whatever he thinks goes. He'll make Apocalspse and Professer X think that their 8 year old girls.

O yeah, the living tribunal serves The One From Above or something like that....

Wolfie
Apocalypse by far is the most powerful. I remember reading in a magazine this question...

Why is it that Apocalypse is so powerful and he can't seem to win?

T'Challa
well I think its thanos!

T'Challa
Ah-ha yes but Thanos, being invinceable AND a god, can smash out of galactus's stomach after hes eaten the planet.
yes, i know im right. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Maelstrom
The answer would be one who makes what is theirs others.
"And a child shall lead them..." Children know this at a young age, but they eventually conform to the pressure. Soon a mutant child shall emerge, the Leader( The Leader is someone who draws without knowledge to the proper Ones)
Akin to God, it will be someone who lets their family go. Healthy familys know that our lives are not eachothers. So it's def. not Reed-the smartest man.
The whole mutant idea is if you shun away others cause it doesn't look right in anothers eyes you are on the wrong track.
My name is Maelstrom- I am absolute- Do I believe I am real, oh, it's not just me.
Why does God have it all. Cause there is enough for each and everyone of us individually.
So who's it gonna be?
Currently I think it would be Captian Marvel. The black lady who possess the power of light. A fantastic storyline in Avengers when Cap. tells the children, who are in a cave in, "follow Captian Marvel, her light will lead the way." A bit turned around but still inspiring.

Daywalker
Well I voted Apocolypse for most powerful but if you want to include intelligence.....................................

BATMAN all the way

Daywalker
I dunno, I know that he and Apocolypse are way up there in power but I think Apocolypse is alittle more unlimited

T'Challa
nope, its thanos!

Lord Soth
Apocalyse is a genius, he's lived for 5000 years

Hegemon875
I have to disagree with you there, Galactus is older than our universe!

Daywalker
All those years and he still hasn't figured out how to rule the world? big grin I think i'll stick with the Bat on the intelligence part

Daywalker
Ok, that's fine but when I think of Apocolypse, I think of him nearly destroying the X-MEN but when I see Galactus, I think of those old cartoons where the Fan 4 whip his butt daily laughing

Blue-demon
You all are wrong Spider-man is the strongest.

T'Challa
so what, galactus was here since the big bang. Thanos has lived longer than apocalypse, too.

T'Challa
you idiot! SPIDERMAN???? it took all the heroes to defeat thanos, galactus and apocalypse! if it was spiderman VS galactus, galactus would step on spiderman. end comment.

T'Challa
incorrect. your lack of marvel knoledge scares me. it took all the marvel heroes to take down galactus! but same with apocalypse, and thanos. evil face evil face evil face Happy Dance evil face evil face evil face

ruby
ok when i made this thing

i put thor, wolverine, iron man etc

but i think we all agree that on that list its either apocolypse, thanos or galactus

the others were just to fill the spaces (well maybe not thor) wink wink wink wink

so errr ive got to agree with t'challa , i mean what the hell are you talking spiderman!

ok lets think about these guys backgrounds

thanos is a god
apocalypse is a mutant war lord
galactus is one of the oldest beings in the universe and he eats planets
oh and finnally spider man..

spider mans a journolest laughing

end trnsmission...

ruby
go on please check the new pole for this subject!

Hegemon875
I think we're all forgetting Darkseid here, I mean he is a god and does rule his own planet, that has to account for something.

T'Challa
oh yeah! darkseid is D.C but he has a good chance VSing thanos or galactus but he would beat apocalypse maybe. unless apocalypse stepped on him! but you have a point. big grin

Daywalker
I'll admit that i'm not the authority on those characters(more of a DC guy) but I remember the cartoons I grew up with. Maybe some more current comics turned him into less of a wuss but I just remember him sending the Silver Surfer down to inform everyone that he was about to snack on the planet and by the time he hooked up his eating utensils, the Fan 4 would come up with some cheesy scheme to run Galactus off.

Maybe he's alot more hardcore now but he used to have the biggest problems with the simplest of people from what I remembered.

But despite what you may tell me, Apocolypse (power)and Batman(intelligence) still have my votes

T'Challa
hmm.... o.k fair enough!

ruby
come on vote on the knew poll that i made its like this but better

it called "the knew most powerfull character ever" or something like that big grin big grin big grin

Linkalicious
Thanos isn't invincible and he's not a god. He's a titan and not like the titans from Clash of the Titans. Galacticus (if he was combative) would be the strongest on the list. Without the infinity gauntlet, Thanos used to battle the Silver Surfer in a somewhat even match up. Galacticus created the Silver Surfer by bestowing him with "the power cosmic." So there's my basis for my belief. And i think between Apoc and Thanos it would be a really tough call. I would go with Thanos because his energy projection would probably obliterate Apoc on first sight. And i base that on the fact that Cyclops put a huge hole in Apoc's chest during a battle and Cyclops optic blast is like a spit wad compared to the energy projecting abilities of Thanos.

Eidolon
I'm with Maverickice the Living Tribunal is the most powerful entity (as far as I've seen) in the Marvel univers. Nobody on the poll list even comes close in power. If they really wanted a close competition the poll list should have just Marvel's Cosmic Beens listed.

ruby
hello

1. thanos hes a god. hes not born as one true. but he makes self one using this thing.

2.he is un killible as hes a god

Linkalicious
this thing?! what is this thing? do you have anything to back your statements are you just going to repeat what you previously wrote. And he is a Titan because that's the name of the planet that he is from. And there is a difference between being immortal and a God. and i can't comment on #2 because it's based off a factless claim in #1

Linkalicious
God - (from the dictionary)
-A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
-The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
-A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.

and Thanos does not rule the universe, he does not control nature, and he's from perfect because he's evil.

and i'm a bit fuzzy here, but what race of people Worship him?

Eidolon
Who here knows a lot about the Cosmic Beens in the Marvel Universe the only one I know is the Living Tribune off hand but there are many more. Galactus I think is the only one on the poll list who is a Cosmic Been (and one of the weaker ones). I do know that one of Galactus' worse enemies is a living Planet which is very powerful too. And what about "Stranger", "Warlock", and "Eternity" they're all cosmic Beens as I reacall and more powerful than Galactus.

Vegeta13
well i thought the hulk, because he is the most strongest but on the down side he lacks intelligence...

Linkalicious
Warlock is not a cosmic being he's like Thanos. The cosmic beings are like

-Ego the living planet
-Lord Chaos
-Master Order
-Dormammu
-The Inbetweener
-Eternity
-The Stranger
-The Living Tribunal
-The Celestials

and a couple more but i can't remember

Eidolon
Yeah thanks, I think it'd be among them as to who's the most powerful Marvel character.

ruby
is it cosmic.... beens

i like the cosmic mushrooms

ha eek! cool

bamboo
goku n vageeta r the strongest hands down done that was to easy

bamboo
Goku n Vageeta r the strongest super heroes ever hands down done who dont know that not to b rude ha ha ha ha

Linkalicious
Gohan would whoop his dad's butt by the time Gohan is like 18. And Trunks would probably rape Vegita except Veggy is the ultimate hard ass

ruby
you no that galactus could just eat earth and kill anybody on it

+ the living tribunal would just think it and their all dead and the dragon balls are gon

bamboo
goku n da sayains can search thoughts n know what tribunal is goin to think before he does n wipe him out n ANY SUPER HERO because the sayains r better than what u throw at them because they take it n get stronger so if u take 4 example a million ton or should i say an infinity ton rock n drop it on goku he'll take it n become stronger fathom that one n if u cant i didnt expect those who like paper hero s to understand cause dats just the level ur at -10 an its not ur fault u just dont know man though use missin out if u come over to da sayains u could power up to +10 oh an as 4 galactus he cant eat these guys come on really

X-Menfan2003
How could you miss out Onslaught, Doomsday or Bane from your list. Onslaught wiped out every marvel on Earth apart from the X-Men, Bane broke Batman and Doomsday killed Superman. But, If I had to chose from the list, Apocalypse would get my vote.

ruby
check my new pole it has onslought

Bishop777
First off Doomsday was on overhyped punk; did you catch the rematch? Superman beat his monkey@$$!!! Second, you all just went on these tirades between A-Pac, Galactus, and Thanos when neither of the three were even close. Apocalypse was killed, yes killed by Cyclops in the gathering of the Twelve. Thanos is nothing without the Infinity Gauntlet and Galactus is no longer a factor, he was punked to the point of never bothering Earth again. The most powerful title is only between a select few. Only those that are alive can be considered.

Captain Marvel- He recently killed off all of existence (Eternity) to have it be reborn again by Eternity's son. As of now, the Skrull, Titan, Kree, and Shiar are teaming up because they fear him so much. He has already wiped out entire alien races.

JeanGrey/Phoenix-I know, isn't the Phoenix Force buried in the sun. Uhhh...no. Recently, as in two issues ago, the Phoenix Force rebonded to Jean as Wolverine mercifully killed her before they were about to hit the face of the sun. Remember, no one could destroy the Phoenix, she left of her own accord.

Finally, the six year old son of Reed and Susan Richards; Franklin. The reason I haven't discounted the Celestials yet is to say this. They were afraid of him!!! Immediately after Onslaught was defeated by all of Earth's non-mutant heroes, he created another world to save them all that rotated on the opposite side of the sun. An entire world with 6 billion people, and he wasn't even aware that he did it! And in future alternate universe, he became Galactus. All others just seem like punks after stunts like that.

ruby
can i just make somthing clear.

this is about marvel characters ONLY!

Daywalker
You're right, it says so right there in the title of the topic ................................... roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin cool

Daywalker
Whoa! Onslaught, now there was a good character. He pretty much shut down all of the marvel heroes in his sleep didn't he? Definitely a powerful force worth mentioning.

Bishop777
I think from here on out, those who have fought and lived to tell the tale should be mentioned. I mean if you are dead from the hands of others in this universe, how tough (even if only by comparison) can they be?

ruby
nope

living or dead

its my thread and im not changing

Bishop777
Fine then, dead or alive. I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue against any of the ones that I have mentioned so far, and I have two more.
1-David Haller/Legion- the son of Israeli ambassador Gabrielle Haller and Professor X. For the vast majority of his life, he was a schizophrenic where everyone of his twelve or so of his personalities had a different power. One day, he woke up from a coma, and his mind had fully healed. He possessed all the powers combined of his personalities and they were all stronger due to his mind being whole (Telepathy, telekinetic, pyrokinetic, time-traveller to name a few). Bishop went back in time to take him out because otherwise he would accidently kill his father and create the Age of Apocalypse.
2-Kevin MacTaggert/Proteus-son of scientist Moira MacTaggert who could possess and control (powers included) any mutant or human there was. Was crazy, and eventually killed before any more harm could be done.
Did you check the ones on the previous thread Ruby?

ruby
make your own thread

but...

well both run it...

we'll talk on that private message thing to work out who well put on the pole

Bishop777
Just cut/pasted the info from the other thread

Captain Marvel- He recently killed off all of existence (Eternity) to have it be reborn again by Eternity's son. As of now, the Skrull, Titan, Kree, and Shiar are teaming up because they fear him so much. He has already wiped out entire alien races.

JeanGrey/Phoenix-I know, isn't the Phoenix Force buried in the sun. Uhhh...no. Recently, as in two issues ago, the Phoenix Force rebonded to Jean as Wolverine mercifully killed her before they were about to hit the face of the sun. Remember, no one could destroy the Phoenix, she left of her own accord.

Finally, the six year old son of Reed and Susan Richards; Franklin. The reason I haven't discounted the Celestials yet is to say this. They were afraid of him!!! Immediately after Onslaught was defeated by all of Earth's non-mutant heroes, he created another world to save them all that rotated on the opposite side of the sun. An entire world with 6 billion people, and he wasn't even aware that he did it! And in future alternate universe, he became Galactus. All others just seem like punks after stunts like that.

kaiju_oh
All i have to say is...THOR. He IS a true god.

ruby
true he is

but most of the people we have been talking about would woop him

venomfan
this guy cosmic carnage

T'Challa
its onslaught.

T-1000
they are in your cornflakes

Never
LoL, Doomsday cannot be defeated the same way. Superman = overrated.

Onslaught is not nearly as powerful as Galactus, and neither is Apocalypse.

Franklin Richards shunted his own considerable burgeoning powers.

Thor is not stronger than The Hulk AND Hulk has mopped the floor with Thor several times already.

Out of the list it should be Galactus - and if "other" is chosen, it would be The Living Tribunal.

Linkalicious
i beg to differ on the tribunal because he is non-combative. He has the ability to do ANYTHING, but that doesn't mean he would "fight" anyone. And i remember a time that Thor went damn near feral and whooped on any and everything that got in his path...if Hulk was in his way he woulda been whooped too. But normal Thor with his level head is just going to start an epic battle that he would ultimately lose.

Never
Perchance you should consider brushing up on your Living Tribunal facts, sir. From Marveldirectory.com (arrows for emphasis are mine) :

">>>>The Tribunal is willing to obliterate an entire inhabited planet to safeguard an entire universe or the multiverse itself, and is fully capable of doing so by an exercise of his own power.<<<< One of the most powerful beings in the multiverse, the Tribunal can turn a star into a supernova with a single force bolt."

Could and most definitely would act in the event an entity/source of power mounts a sufficient offensive.

If Hulk "would" have been in his way? LoL @ that - checked out Submariner #35 wherein Hulk hit Thor so hard he dropped his hammer? Or how about Thor #385 wherein Thor made the mistake of flinging away Mjolnir while Hulk lands six unanswered blows - before Mjolnir returns? There is another Asgardian that has tested Hulk's mettle. In Hulk-Hercules Unleashed, Hulk beats Hercules within one inch of his life and Zeus himself had to intervene.

Not much to say about Thor vs. Hulk. You posted what might have happened; I cited actual instances where Hulk stomped a mudhole in Thor.

"Feral" - you are referencing Thor's "Warrior Madness." Mindless Hulk would crush Thor.

venomfan
dosent hulk have his own bersrk mode anyway somthin like rage hulk..

Never
Mindless Hulk.

venomfan
i never really got into the super powerfull god type characters i think galactus was enuf and onslaught was alright but all this living tribunal stuff seams a little unessasary. so was mindless the one that lifted the 150 billion tons right?

Never
No, and that is what I point out to people when they try to cap Hulk's strength.

Mindless Hulk first appeared in Hulk #299. Basic animal instinct and animal level intelligence, does not transform, and his strength level starts at in excess of 100 tons.

I do believe the incarnation in Secret Wars was Savage Hulk, the incarnation that most are familiar with. Child-level intellect, reverts to Bruce Banner when calm.

Marvel has nothing on DC as regards to "unnecessarily powerful characters." Korvac, The Spectre, Lucifer, Michael, supposedly indestructible characters such as The Shaggy Man, Superman Prime, Azrael, Parallax, Orion - that many characters with reality-warping powers in one universe is just sick

SuperNova
The all time coolest character is The new Super symbiote venom guy. AND GHOST RIDER... Flamin head... hehehayaaaaaaaaaa

venomfan
if your talking about venom from run it is good to see him acting like old school venom. and DC is messed up beyond repair the only super powered hero is superman(i know they have others,they just aint in his leauge){that wasnt a pun} and all these unbeatable villians. this is why i dont like dbz people that powerfull dont make a good story

Darth Jello
eternity is the most powerful

Linkalicious
Like i said.....Living Tribunal is non-combative. He snaps his fingers and does what he wants. He'll never "throw" a bunch and he does not need to send energy projections out, though he CAN do so. In fact I don't think he even moves from his little throne.

And i never said anything about mindless Hulk because his strength is just unbelievable..which is cool. I have the Secret Wars series and i think you're right, that's like the first time he goes Mindless. Isn't that when he lifts the mountain to save all the other heroes? Sorry my collection is tucked away nicely in the garage and has been since i was 13...not i'm 21.

Never
If he is "willing to obliterate" an object then it is safe to say that he will send forth an energy bolt if he needs to. IIRC he has destroyed a planet and created a supernova in response to an emerging threat. Do recall that his three faces are Equity, Revenge, and Necessity.

Not sure why you are intimating that he is non-combative - he is the entity that snuffed out the power of The Infinity Gauntlet after deeming Adam Warlock as unfit to yield it (and if any individual dared use it against TLB, he would have simply snapped his fingers).

Mindless Hulk first appeared in Hulk #299...he was not in Secret Wars. Far too reckless and unmanageable.

LoL @ Eternity being the most powerful...The Infinity Gauntlet wiped out Eternity, Lord Chaos and Master Order. The Living Tribunal snapped his finger and snuffed its power.

He is above all other forces.

venomfan
well i still want to read Kingdom come very bad, and i checked out the xmen site(i know this a little off topic) but i guess there was a son of the juggernaut who was like him. i still dont understand why DC fans say doomsday is so powerfull, cant be killed the same way? im pretty sure superman didnt laserate him to death. i say Carnage can take him.

Linkalicious
Snuffed out...you mean snapped his fingers. No punches or kicks were thrown. That's what i mean by non-combative. I'm not trying to argue with you because i have yet but to see someone prove you wrong. Just saying...i just read the Infinity Gauntlet because of this post...and NO he doesn't throw a punch, kick. or energy projection in the direction of Warlock...

Never
No, I am pretty certain that both Doomsday and Shaggy Man cannot be defeated twice in the same manner. Doomsday has a host of other abilities as well - including but not limited to: regenerating from a near-deathlike state; strength on par with and perhaps surpassing Superman's; and speed that rival's Wonder Woman's.

He would...utterly destroy Carnage sad

When you said "non-combative" I interpreted that as meaning "above combat," not simply physically engaging in combat (punches, kicks, grapples). My mistake.

venomfan
damn, well Carnage might not be able to take him but i do wanna see him fight hulk

Jade_Eyes
Why did Doomsday stomp the ever living crap outta supes a few years ago then?

How did Superman eventually beat him?

You are right about DC they have no realy limits set on themselves its like every other charactor in immortal and indestructable.
Like all there charactor creators are 12 years old.

Never
Doomsday stomped the "ever living crap" out of Superman? I am not sure I would phrase it in quite that manner...and I have not read that issue in so many years so I cannot recall exactly how it ended sad

Superman did eventually defeat Doomsday, but died in the process.

LeAtHerRFace
Wolverine an Apacolypes

Ryan10000000000
speed: quicksilver. able to clock speeds of over 175 mph = 300 km
strength: hulk. limitless power which increases with rage
intelligence: forge. mutant ability to creat mechanical devices

Darth Jello
look seriously, its not gonna be any of the mainstream guys, I already said several times, the most powerful beings are the people that dr. strange and dr. fate hang out with

Darth Jello
add to that access, mutant alpha, ego, galactus, and the phoenix, and if amalgam is included then add dr. strangefate/xavier to that too

Never
Most powerful beings?

Rachel with Phoenix Force, Living Tribunal, Eternity, Thanos, Beyonder, Galactus, et al, in no particular order.

And those questioning Rachel clearly must have forgotten that the Phoenix Force multiplies its host's abilities to infinite levels.

Xavier does not belong; Cassandra Nova neutralized him. Dr. Strange does not belong; you have equally powerful sorcerers (Dormammu, Mephisto - and their powers are DWARFED by Eternity's and Living Tribunal's).

venomfan
i would say you can name a few vary powerfull versions of spidey, he once had the power cosmic and the phoenix power, but they didnt last

Darth Jello
right, captain universe, forgot

guyverjay
Living tribunal

Drizzle
how in the name of Saint Judes ass did Spidey get the pheonix force? Was that some sort of what if? comic?

venomfan
i dont remember i saw the shot of the pic nd it ranted about some what if' purpose

Linkalicious
lol he looks like ant man

venomfan
yeah i saw all these random versions of spidey were he had odd powers for about a day but this is ridiculus

its ben rielly wearing the venom symbiote, why it didnt just change into the black costume blows my mind

Ryan10000000000
pyro is the most powerful character in marvel universe he could scorch anybodys ass

Ryan10000000000
seriously i would have to say apocalypse

Darth Jello
eternity holds the entirity of the universe within him. the living tribunal has the ability to destroy eternity. therefore the answer is the tribunal

LordRevan
well is'nt Apocolypse immortal.and i agree batman is intelligent and superman also has intelligence he is also marvel.

punkyhermy
batman.it has to be batman.

Blade Cutter
from this poll I would say (Captain Universe Spider-man).But the most powerfull been in marvel is the Beyonder he took Gatactucus and put him on a planet to fight the hero's fore his own entertainment.he is able to controle time space and life.He is the bye for the most powerfull character ever in the marvel universe.

Linkalicious
pfft....refer to Living Tribunal when it comes to the Most Powert Character ever in the Marvel Universe.

Magee
I would say deffinatley Thanos in marvel. But if we go to DC Krona would maybe stand a chance, as ive seen him knock the shit outa galactus stick out tongue

eleveninches
Either:

Living Tribunal
Eternity
Galactus
Entropy
Epiphany
Genis-Vell
Death

monaroCountry
Ive got "Heroes reborn" it never said that franklin created 6 billion people (could only be 4 million), also the pocket world was never on the opposite side of the sun. Franklin carried it with him and was HIS little blue ball.Nathaniel Richards (grand father of franklin) wore a psionic armour which protects him and enables him to"siphon" franklins as well as hyperstorms (franklin and rachiel summers' son) powers. This armour however was useless against onslaught, with just a wave of his hand he tore it apart (shown in ONSLAUGHT "comrades in arms"wink.

onslaught can create a star with a single thought.

Magee
LMAO how the hell is Onslaught suppose to create a star? The one above all?? God basicaly. Im not familiar with him so i dont know how powerful he is. But yea The Living Tribunal is the most powerful being in the universe/multiverse.

Never
And Franklin Richards created an entire universe with a single thought.

By the way, Onslaught possessed the combined mutant abilities of Professor X and Magneto, neither of which could "create stars."

Where did you happen upon this bit of misinformation?

monaroCountry
No misinformation, read ONSLAUGHT (all marvel comics in 1996 should have a huge part dedicated to the fight against onslaught). Why am I right? Because ive still got the comics. BTW franklin only created a "pocket universe" i.e. not complete and not full size (the small blue ball he carried around with him, read heroes reborn). Also Onslaught was more than just the combination of x and mag. Onslaught was a "new being", "you are a crucible of conflicting emotions and untapped powers that birth me...but as you can see I HAVE GROWN FAR BEYOND THAT". True mags and x cant create suns, however onslaught can and did create a second sun (final battle between the heroes and onslught).

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
onslaught creating the sun was not of his own power. but franklin richards. his abilities were onslaught and magneto's plus some others we have no idea how he got. his immense strength ability to negate mysticism. but the whole sun ordeal was compliments of franklin richards.

JuggernautFan
also, for all future reference. Whoever Controls the heart of the universe is the most powerful being in marvel. it has been stated several times in several threads. he is even more powerful than LT, eternity, and infinity. whom are all equals. they are all above the infinity gauntlet.

Never
Your point? I have the comics as well.

Pocket universe or otherwise, it was a universe that contained the heroes shrunk to the size of the blue ball.

He was not, his powers were a combination of Xavier's and Magneto's only. He "absorbed" a few others and tapped into their powers. And that is exactly why he was a being of pure psionic energy after his armor was cracked open by the Hulk.

Re: His strength, probably Magneto.

And that being said, Franklin Richards still possesses reality warping abilities, which Onslaught does not.

JuggernautFan
magneto would never be strong enough to slug it out with hulk. not now, not ever. so where did his immense strength come from??

norrin radd

Never
Let me show you something (partial listing):

Strength Levels
CLASS 100

Gladiator
Forgotten One
Iron Man I (enhanced by armor and sufficiently powerful energy sorce)
Mephisto
Silver Surfer
War Machine (enhanced by armor and sufficiently powerful energy sorce)
Magus
Apocalypse
Atlas
Ymir
Magneto <-------------------------------
Utgard-Loki
Thanos
Joseph

Hmm, see a familiar name? The one next to the nice little arrow? Okay, let me show you something else:

"Strength Level: Magneto can use his magnetic powers to increase his physical strength up through Class 100 (the ability to lift over 100 tons)."

Hence my saying he probably got it from Magneto. Clear?

Raventheonly
well the hulk is basically invincible because he regenerates... he has no metal on him that Magneto can take advantage of otherthen that of which in his body (iron) the only way he could probably defeat him is through making him iron deficient lol... The hulk at a certain points levels skin is inpenetrable by anything and anger only makes him stronger.... The hulk has very little mental capacity so controlling his mind would be simple or rather interesting if there is anything to actually control.... Physically the hulk is invincible to anything magneto can throw at him.
Magneto is my favorite villian but i don't see how he could actually hurt the hulk... 100 tons is less then a battleship... the hulk can toss those around easy.... at a certain level.
Mentally powerful characters are my favs but they are different then living armor basically... Thats why Magneto could probably win through cunning rather then trying to beat the hulk down.

JuggernautFan
i know that already. you are stating nothing new. but magnet's strength couldn't ever rival hulks. only under the direst of circumstances could he reach a 100 ton level. using his own body. he couldn't hit with 100 ton's of force, nor could he take a hulk level blow. he simply cannot roll with the hulk by using physical force.

norrin radd

Darth Jello
alright alright, let's make a list of beings of incomprehensible power: The living Tribunal, Franklin Richards, Eternity, Infinity, Lord Chaos, Master Order, Access. above them is the Universal brother, the embodiment of the marvel multiverse that exists in a field of nothingness beside his brother, the DC universe. below all of these are ego, thanos, galactus, the phoenix force, Onslaught, Magneto, Mephisto, Belasco, dr. strange, dormamu, the silver surfer, si'm n'astirh, magik, and both goblin queens (maddy prior and temporarily typhoid mary). I put magneto on the list simply because he managed to kill phoenix. well, those are the most powerful but not necesarily infallible. even mephisto got his ass handed to him by daredevil

JuggernautFan
let's disregard dc/marvel crossovers. with the brothers. they suck, they make no sense. they were decided by fan polls. atleast some of them were. not all. in the MARVEL universe whoever controlls the HEART OF THE UNIVERSE is the most powerful being there is. atleast the most powerful being that has been shown thus far. i have no idea bout dcu, that's open for debate. but for marvel, it should be disclosed because i already told you that.

Never
Um...what?

"Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once lifted a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. Moreover, Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously."

100 ton? Heh, 300 times that. Already pointed out that it has been said his power is, for all intents and purposes, "limitless."

And again:

Strength Level: Magneto can use his magnetic powers to increase his physical strength up through Class 100 (the ability to lift over 100 tons).

It says Magneto can use his magnetic powers to increase HIS PHYSICAL STRENGTH up THROUGH Class 100. Not sure about you, but "HIS PHYSICAL STRENGTH" reads as "using his body" to me.

As far as him hitting as hard as the Hulk, nobody in the entire Marvel Universe can. Well, no earth-based hero at least.

JuggernautFan
well that is exactly what i meant when i said that magneto cannot lift what hulk can. nor could he punch it out with hulk. with magnetics he can lift 30,000 tons, but put his body underneath that and let his physical form try to support it. what happens. splat. magneto would have to use another form of his power to defeat hulk. this isnt even the point of this thread.

JuggernautFan
thor can hit as hard as hulk, especially wit mjolnir in hand. juggernaut can hit as hard as hulk. so earth based characters can hit as hard as hulk. it could even be theorized that iron man with a sufficient power source could hit as hard as hulk. even hercules could stand toe-to-toe with him.

Never
You stated that "only under the direst of circumstances could he reach a 100 ton level." That is very incorrect.

Oh? Then why is it that he, with Mjolnir, combined with the might of all of earth's other participating heroes, could only doink Onslaught? And Hulk, with one climactic blow, cracked it wide open?

I think Thor should be able to, but he has not thus far...has he?

Proof?

Dunno, hitting is not solely about "power." Perhaps.

I distinctly recall Hulk beating Hercules' ass within an inch of his life until Odin intervened.

Drifter101
Apocalypse is by far one w/ great power and he says hes invinsible so hes the strongest

RSSR
Just wanted to point something out to you all. Being able to lock onto the iron in the Hulk's body is one thing when in reality Magneto can use his magnetic field lines against all the carbon atoms in the Hulk's body. Metals and iron aren't the only things effected by a strong magnetic field. Carbon has a wierd tendency to occasionally line up against an implied magnetic field, which I believe is called beta spin when it does this. You produce a strong enough field, and more and more carbon atoms will begin to oppose the implied magnetic field. The result is Magneto and other carbon based materials could fly in real life physical laws and Magneto can impose this on the Hulk. So, producing and controlling a strong enough field is more profound then just using it to look onto the iron in one's body. This is what all makes NMR and MRI possible, certain technologies we happen to enjoy.

norrin radd
thanks, good post. so you agree with me that magnus can beat the hulk.
one more thing about apocalypse being the most powerful, magneto in age of apocalypse killed him.

JuggernautFan
i didn't follow the age of apocalypse much, could i get some more details of magneto killing apocalypse????

norrin radd

Bishop777
monaroCountry,

You are partially right about the Heroes Reborn thing. It was a pocket universe he created at the time, but in his encounter with the Celestials, the planet was placed on the complete opposite of the sun. I don't think it was really explained in Heroes Reborn, but in the latter issues of Thunderbolts when they were bi-weekly, Zemo's team escaped from CounterEarth as it was called, after saving it. And it was on the opposite side of the sun. I think they also said the population was smaller than on normal Earth, but it was a lot closer to 6 billion than to 2 million.

Also, another being has been added into the mix. Hyperion from Marvel MAX's Supreme Power. He is a Superman-type being without Superman-type weaknesses.

Bishop777
On another note, why wouldn't Magneto be able to beat Hulk? Everyone said that they read the Onslaught crossover; well in the first Cable issue Onslaught sent Hulk after Cable and Storm got in-between the two (actually, it was her lightning). Guess what happened next? She killed the Hulk by stopping his heart. Of course she revived him, but the point is, if she can do that, surely Magneto can do something.

Also, Thor would have no problem in taking Hulk or Onslaught now seeing as how he now is imbued with the Odin force and is the ruler of Asgard. The Pantheon of Gods are afraid to make any moves against him, including Zeus.

And Apocalypse is an ill-defined, all-powerful, but always gets his ass kicked, and now deceased *****. He was supposed to be so powerful, but no one could really explain what it was he did! I'm so glad he's gone. I am going to miss Magneto though (don't know how you come back from an on-the-panel decapitation).

Alan2099
As far as the Marvel Universe goes, I'd have to say the most powerful characters don't reside on earth. Silver Surfer, Terrax, Morg, Galactus, Tyrant, Gladiator, Thanos, Galactus, Walker, the list goes on and on. Still the number one Power I'd have to say goes to either the Living Tribunal or the Beyonder.

The Beyonder has created life out of nothing and killed Death itself by thinking about it. He took down legions of cosmic beings without breaking a sweat.

The Living Tribunal watches over all the realities in the Marvel Universe. he shut down the Infinity gauntlet. An artifact that supposedely controlls all reality and can ben it to the users will. The LT decided that ti shouldn't be used anymore and then just shut it down completley. That takes power.

Never
You have the Beyonder much too high, and Gladiator, Tyrant, Morg, Silver Surfer, Terrax are not in the upper echelon.

JuggernautFan
WHOEVER CONTROLS THE F***ING HEART IS THE MOST POWERFUL MARVELITE THAT HAS BEEN SHOWN IN COMIC'S TO DATE.

Magee
lol, ok ok wink

Rasta
Lol, exactly. Thanos for example is comparable to Lucifer Morningstar when he possesses the heart of the universe. Don't make me run through his achievements. This subject really isn't up for debate anymore, it's been stated many times who is the most powerful being in Marvel is.

Darth Jello
Norrin, Magneto really concentrated and managed to tear apocalypse apart in xmen: Omega. I guess I also need to correct myself since Magneto combined with Sublime killed Phoenix.

SuperDarryl
If it were to be someone on the list then it would be Galactus, he is so freaking awesome he devours entire planets with all his power! If I were to pick my own most powerful Character it would be The Living Tribunal, he can obliterate a Universe with one blink! Well thats who I chose!

JuggernautFan
if i had to pick of the list, my top 3 would be galactus, with thanos in a distant second (at normal power levels), and apocalypse in a close 3rd to thanos.

jamond1
apocalypse has unlimited strength

Magee
i dont think his strength is unlimited as par say lol. Just incalculable but even so that doesnt make him anythng special and to be honest i hate the guy lol.

norrin radd

DarkCrawler
Wow. That was the most idiotic statement I have ever read.

eleveninches
laughing out loud
It was quite idiotic

laughing out loud

DarkCrawler

DarkCrawler
Oh, Living Tribunal would destroy Goku in matter of milliseconds.

Linkalicious
There are many Cosmic Beings with power that is equal to or greater than Galacticus. He does possess great powers, but when has anyone actually seen him use them? He's regularly defeated by the Fantastic Four.

I really wish people would stop putting him on their lists, and if he warrants a spot on someone's list....it most definitly shouldn't be #!, #2, #3.

Lord Ryugen
Doesn't matter, a sayia-jin's body is still mortal and since Goku can't lift forty tons without transforming into a super sayia-jin he would be crushed quite easily

Lord Ryugen
Doesn't the Living Tribunal serve someone? If he does I'll go for him as the most powerful. If not then I'll go with LT

DarkCrawler
He serves an entity called The One Above All if I am right.

DarkCrawler
Thats what I am saying also...

eleveninches
I thought that the 'One above All' was a celestial??

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>