Dvd 4, 5, 6?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Are they ever going to make Star Wars A New Hope, Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, and Star wars Return of the Jedi DVD's?

Ushgarak
'Do you want it now, or do you want it RIGHT' is what they said when aksed where the heck they are.

Well, I want them at some point before I die, that's all I can say.

King Jedi
Sometime after 2005, probably. sad

yerssot
all I know is that tf.n said something about the archieval editions in 2006...
can't remember it but Ush said it was a wrong interpretiation of me

ToMacco
This all goes back to my theory that GL is greedy, and will try to milk every penny out of his creation as possible.

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
Why not? He practically devoted a 1/3 of his life to it.

yerssot
He made SW; so whitout it, this forum was only about movies... SO DON'T COMPLAIN

ToMacco
I'm only here for the movies.

He's dedicated 1/3 of his life to it? That's less than most of his fans! cool

yerssot
but his 1/3 is important

Ratcat
Or half his adult life and he is over twice as old as most of his fans.

And I don't think anyone devotes the majority of their life to Star Wars, if they do then they need to find a life. They are only movies after all...

King Jedi
And again, if you don't like it and think Lucas is greedy then don't buy any Star Wars stuff!

queeq
Sounds like a simple enough solution to me.

yerssot
And if it's easy enough for queeq...

mah
why does this make GL greedy? i want the dvd's now too, but if all GL wants to do is make money, he could release them now, then re-release them many times.

queeq
He wants to make them as nice as the TPM DVD. That takes time.

Ratcat
I agree with queeq, if you don't like it then don't buy it.

But don't lap it all up and then complain about it afterwards, that's just hypocritical... roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
If he waits to release them for a long time, it creates an enourmous demand once it is released.

Do you really think it takes 6 to 8 years to make a quality DVD? Give me a break.

yerssot
let me think...

making EpII, making DVD of EpII, making EpII, making DVD of EpIII.....

... nope; I say 7 years... (minimum)

ToMacco
He's got thousands of people on his staff. He doesn't do it himself. He may oversee SOME of it.

It's a marketing scheme. And he's damn good at it. You guys can't beleive everything GL says. Use your heads, here.

yerssot
He writes scripts; he directs them, he works at it with the editors; John Williams, all the movie stuff 'till 2005... hmmm... you're right! He DOES have time roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
I have no doubt he works hard on the movies. But the DVD? What's so damn special about that? Because they put some new footage on it?

How come movies that just came out (Traffic, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, . . . well, ANYTHING new). How come those are all out on DVD?

yerssot
Are they making a sequel of those movies now? NO
Remember that they are still working on EPII!!!!
After that they IMMEDIATLY start working on EpIII, there is NO time for doing something else!

Ushgarak
The TPM DVD was the most expansive and expensive ever made. It well justifies the production time and expense (though the delay was also caused by GL originally wanting to wait until he had more time to conecntrate on it (and possibly do all 3 at once after 2005), but minds got changed).

Texas
I can wait. It's someting to look forward too. ToMacco you dont even have a DVD player, so you should just *Dr. Evil voice*Zip it!!*slaps ToMacco* j/k big grin

King Jedi
Yes and it was us that changed his mind. There was a huge demand from fans for, first the VHS then the DVD. Tomacco if you don't like it DON'T BUY IT!

And no one can argue that what Lucas liscensing puts out isn't quality. Whether it's books, games, toys, or dvd's it's always a very high standard.

Ushgarak
Except for some of the recent games. Their 'endless classic' days are behind them.

King Jedi
Which ones? The last SW game I bought was thr TPM one wich I thought was great.

Ushgarak
Hmm. Very shallow indeed; fun enough but I wouldn't want to waste money on it.

Racer was good but too short and easy. Starfighter was competent, and they should release more like that, but still nto quite as good as their classic days. Force Commander was unplayable in the final analysis. Obi-Wan's productuion schedule got messed around unitl it has now become an odd X-box arcade game. BAttle for Naboo was mostly dull abd again, rather shallow.

None of them are actually bad games. But when you compare this to the days when they released, in a row, ga,mes like X-Wing, TIE Fighter and Dark Forces II, when every magazine praised their greatness instread of, as they do now, complaining about how rybbish they are, when they mad ethier own games instead of having to contract out to others... they heyday is done.

Coming next year are games that will, with any luck, be classics., like Outcast and Knights of the Old Republic. But LA is only publishing; again, these games are being written out of house.

No, sadly Lucasarets does nkt make great Star Wars games any more.

mah
what,what,what?
this will be a great StarWars-game:
Star Wars Rogue Leader

ToMacco
I always play "The Phantom Menace" for Playstation. They have it for PC too. You should all check it out. It follows the script of the movie almost exsactly.

yerssot
accept the mission where you play Panaka (stupid mission because you don't have a sabre)

Ushgarak
There was always something depressing about a Jedi using a personal proton torpeo launcher as well...

yerssot
you played it with weapons?
I played it with only the lightsabre!

ToMacco
I only use the sabre, also.

I turn the sabre off when I'm not using it, so I can quickly ignite it when trouble is near. What a great game!

And yes, the Pinaka level sucks ass. "Will you take these electrobinaculars for the tour tickets?" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Of course I only used the sabre! It's the principle of the thing, though! He should sneer at other weapons!

ToMacco
I guess I use the thermal detonators, too.

Texas
I think I played that game once. I got stuck on the sub-terian Coruscant level, coundn't find the red key and those bums kept asking for food and sucking my brains or something roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
I'm gonna smack whoever came up with that level.

The funnest part of the game is the end where you fight as Obi-wan against Maul, and Qui-Gon fights at the same time

yerssot
just push and walk back

amidala985
In total agreeance, I think that they will without a doubt be released on DVD...

lol oops...i quoted the wrong thing...what i meant to quote was about GL being greedy....sorry (im a dumbass)

justinday15
I think they will come out will episodes I through VI in a trilogy set,
sometime after episode III comes out on DVD. If they do I'm getting it.

rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.