>>>Mistake?... or Hint?<<<

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

uber123
Do you guys know where Hermione says something like that electrics cannot work at Hogwarts because of some enchanment in Book 4 or 5?

Well if that's so sure in the Hogwarts History Book...

In book 2...

Or the movie...

Colin Creevy brings camera and photoshoots Harry...

Does it work? Yes...

Is this a mistake or is there something suspcious? smokin'

Tired Hiker
His camera was not electric. He had the kind that you have to wind. The flash bulbs were not electric either.

starlitegrl
lol

uber123
then how does it work

cupkake
when you hold down the button on an old camera like that...it opens the shutter to exspose the film...thats how the phot is taken...and the camera has a flash bulb...also not electric....and we know lights work in the school

Tired Hiker
pictures are captured by light entering the camera's gate and hitting the emulsion of the film in the camera. It does not need to be electric. Digital cameras are a whole different story, but Colin Creevy did not have a digital camera.

crazy_c
Cameras use batterys not electricity confused

Antaraka
lol crazy c, well umm batteries kinda make electricity babe. so yeah

DracotheDragon
Cameras aren't considered an electronic by the spell, so no, cameras should work.

Luna150
It isn't a spell that make eleticity not work its cuz there is too much magic around.

azyne
Yeah, Herm said the electronics would go haywire. But something as simple as a camera probably wouldn't.

firenze
i will tell u a mistake how does dobby apperate into hogwarts in the chamber of secrets movie cause hermione says u can't apperate in hogwarts????????? miffed

crazy_rock_chic
isnt it just wizards hu cant apparate?

crazy_c
Its probably that crazy house elf magic and batteries are chemical not electric

hotsauce6548
plus, in book 4 the photographer had a camera also

Luna150
dobby uses his own powerful elf magic

andyb44
I often wondered about that, Dobby Apperating inside Hogwarts even though Hermione keeps insisting that it can't be done, no matter what!

Linkalicious
it's an old camera. It's mechanical not digital, so electronics aren't involved. The flash is from a battery probably, but doesn't harry use a flashlight to read under the cover or something... or is that just at home?

unibrow
yeah but what about harrys and rons watches? if harrys watch stopped working bcuz of the water it would have to be electronic plus he also has his alarm clock! explain that!

burlyman
ive got an electronic watch - it says it was waterproof, but i took it down 10m in my pool and it broke miffed

bLooMiLiCioUs
probably ur big weight acted upon itstick out tongue
their watches stopped working in the water??when??

Tired Hiker
Okay, there is nothing electric about Colin Creevy's camera. You wind the camera and the flash bulb is ignited by gun powder or something. That's why the flash is a 'burst' not just a battery powered light. Camera's were invented before batteries. Some one mentioned an alarm clock, also an item that is 'wound' like a camera, not electric.

envision
er couldnt an animagus apparate then since he/she isnt a human/wizrad at the time????

sum1 will prolly flame me 4 this but just a suggestion

burlyman
wats a animagus apparate and a prolly flame and a suggestion blink ?

envision
burly burly burly....have u read the books? i mean u shuld no wot apparate means if u have and u shuld no wot an animagus is

prolly = probably
suggestion = thought etc

burlyman
right oh

bLooMiLiCioUs
what prompted THAT question??but i don't think that cld be possible i mean u can't apparate into or outta hogwarts..

DanZeke25
wait wen did dobby apparate in hogwarts?..i forget

Luna150
dont think an animagus could do any magic while there a animal and obby appeard int he hospital wing in 2nd book then disapeared

bLooMiLiCioUs
but isn't that WITHIN hogwarts??i mean you can't aparrate frm OUTSIDE hogwarts to INSIDE hogwarts but you can apparate WITHIN those walls right?
and no1 knows exactly where dobby apparated TO...so for all we know he cldve gone to the next room then run outta the sch grdswink

unibrow
no u cant either apparate from one room to the next bcuz in the third book when sirius was trapped in flitwicks office he couldve just apparated to another room

bLooMiLiCioUs
can he apparate?

bLooMiLiCioUs
or maybe he just didn't want to?how'd we know?!

lizeard009
cameras r sooo not electric

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing laughing laughing

tomisfit
Did anyone else notice that Hermonie constinly say "u can't apperate or desapperate in(or at can't remember) Hogwarts" If u cant den wha da hell is Doddy doin' in book/film 2?

bLooMiLiCioUs
*sigh* scroll up it's been mentioned.my 3rd post i think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.