Best Kung-Fu Movie of All Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
I'd have to say Enter the Dragon coz Bruce Lee was kick-ass in that flick!

Skywa|ker
mmmm....

I'm torn between Jet Li's "Fist of Legend", Jackie Chan's "Legend of Drunken Master", and Yuen Woo-ping's "Iron Monkey". Love all three...

Type0
yes all those are awesome movies. id say fist of fury was a better bruce lee movie, personaly. My favourite kung fu movie was once upon a time in china with jet li, drunken master is also an absolute classic. Btw can anyone tell me this kung fu movie, where this guy shows off his skills by pushing 2 people(one either side) away, jumping up n landing on the shulders pulling a split, and at the same time pulling out to fans?

regex_1
Matrix Trilogy

Neo_Version 7
I don't really consider the Matrix Kung-Fu movies. Considering how sloooooow they really move.

badkittykitty
crouching tiger,hidden dragon is one of my all time favorite movies.I love Iron monkey too.

Neo_Version 7
Yup!! I totally agree Felicia!!

badkittykitty
Felicia! lol have seen that in a long time! laughing out loud

Neo_Version 7
Go 2 my party at the OTF. Its my birthday!!!! I'll see you guys there!!

badkittykitty
your party? Ill lookie smile

el barto
Once Upon A Time In China and Enter The Dragon

ladygrim
Kung pow enter the fist ... not really kung foo movie but is based round them and very funny

WindDancer
There are a lot of classics out there. Enter the Dragon is mostly famous because it was done by WB. Unfortunally other great classics don't get breaks like Enter the Dragon got. Is hard for me to choose just one. So I'll just say MOTFG.

Stormy Day
KUNGPOW!!!

jeffer_wrote
The Once Upon A Time in China series of films (with Jet Li)
Zhang Yimou's HERO
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon...

and hey...who has seen the three Shaolin Kids films? hmmm?

el barto
Not me big grin

Stormy Day
The Matrix

WindDancer
The Matrix uses martial arts but to say is Kung fu movie? I'm not sure about that. confused

Stormy Day
Ok than KUNG POw!

xemir
5 deadly venoms, Llama vs Shaolin, Drunken Master. Also Hero looks promising http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/hero/

Stormy Day
That brucle lee movie like enter the fist or something was pretty cool

jeffer_wrote
Enter the Dragon?

Stormy Day
Is enter the dragon the one about his life or the one with the real bruce lee?

Gemini no Saga
1)Once Upon A Time In China
2)Saga "dr Wong"
2)Fist of Fury and his remak Fist of Legend
3)Ong Bak
4)Tai-Chi master
5)Blade of fury
6)Duel to the Death
7)Claws of Steel

(Kung Fu / Fantasy)
8)Casshern
9)Volcan High
10)The Stormriders
11)Legend of ZU
12)ZU(Zu - Les guerriers de la montagne magique) , old but funny^^

(Kung fu funny laughing out loud )
13)Movies of Jacky Chan(Drunken master , City Hunter , Twin Dragons , Armour of god2...)
14)Kung Pow

feral cat
The Blade ... Tsui Harks One armed swordsman remake

Fanboy
The greatest Kunf-Fu movie of all time is obviously Iron Monkey.

Fanboy
Oh and according to the Hong Kong film makers alot may agree.

davidsun
I'm from China and I like local KONGFU movies

Eraserhead
Wow, no real Kung-Fu fans in here? Sad sad

Master of the Flying Guillotine
The Buddhist Fist
The Thundering Mantis
Invincible Armor
Shaolin Master Killer
Last Hurrah for Chivalry
Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms

Just to name a few.

Fanboy
Did anyone read my Best Choreographers Forum?

Whirlysplatt
No retreat No Surrender or The Last Dragon funny as fukc

Impediment
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Drunken Master

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Impediment

I was going to just blind buy that. Is it gory, per the title's suggestion?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Stormy Day
That brucle lee movie like enter the fist or something was pretty cool

Wow. Storm really was an idiot. I miss the little bugger.

goldendartkilla
my favorites of all time...

Master killer
fists of the white lotus
return to the 36 chambers of shaolin
invincible iron armor
born invincible
7 grand masters
holy robe of the shaolin temple
shaolin vs lama
magnificent butcher
warriors two
prodigal son

goldendartkilla
Originally posted by Eraserhead
Wow, no real Kung-Fu fans in here? Sad sad

The Buddhist Fist
The Thundering Mantis
Invincible Armor
Shaolin Master Killer
Last Hurrah for Chivalry
Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms

Just to name a few.

good list I've never seen thundering mantis though.

JacopeX
Big trouble in little china

Ong Bak: The thai warrior

Kung Fu Hustle stick out tongue

Enter The Dragon

Fist of Fury

Brawl in the Bronx

Rush Hour 1 and 2

Mr nice Guy

((all Jackie chan movie))

Kiss of the Dragon

unleashed

Impediment
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I was going to just blind buy that. Is it gory, per the title's suggestion?

Well, not ULTRA gory, but violent nonetheless. It is, however, one of the most highly acclaimed martial arts flicks of all time. And the starring weapon, the flying guillotine, is classic!

Impediment
Kung Pow is a hilarious flick, but I wouldn't call it "kung-fu" or even "martial arts". I say more along the lines of spoof.

JacopeX
Yeai ll put Kung Pow in my list of favorite kung fu movies.

Impediment
Kung Pow isn't a kung-fu flick, G. It's far too silly to be.

JacopeX
dosent matter!

Inspectah Deck
Drunken Master and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Neo_Version 7
been a while.

I just watched "Kung-Fu Hustle" a couple days ago. It was kinda corny but the fight scenes were superb.

Fanboy
Ya know I was wondering why everyone stopped posting in the Iron Monkey and the Martial Arts films forum was it because I supposedly know alot about martail arts films more then the others in there?

choicecutz
when i read the comments on this forum it makes me realize that, alot of people have not even mentioned some of the greatest kung fu titles of all time. no one hardly mentions the shaw brothers movies. well, here are some of my favs. after you see these movies then you will know what good kung fu moveis are, after reading the posts, i felt compelled to genreate this list so as to educate people on what good kung fu movies are

1) death chamber
2) shaolin vs wu tang
3) tai chi master
4) iron monkey
5) storm riders
6) shaolin vs ninja
7) enter the dragon
8) legend of the liquid swords
9) once upon a time in china
10) 5 deadly venoms

choicecutz
there are also many great movies, master killer, hero, i went back and read all the posts, most people on here have no clue that is pretty sad, that guy eraserhead knows what's up, when it comes to kung fu movies, anyone who refernces kung pow as a good movie is a idiot, if you think kung pow is a good kung fu movie, please watch the entire list i generated, and eraserheads list then you will know whats up.

DarkC
-Once Upon A Time in China series (the good ones are 1, 2, and last hero)
-The New Legend of Shaolin

Both by Jet Li.

Fanboy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Fei_Hung proof Mortal Kombat stole No Shadow kick from Wong Fei Hung. Wong Fei Hung is not a made up character.

radioboy121
Martial Arts
-------------
Once Upon a Time in China 2 or 3
Fok Sai Yuk series
Drunken Master (original)
Chinese Connection
King of Beggars
My Lucky Stars

Swordplay/Martial Arts
--------------------------
One Armed Swordsman
New One Armed Swordsman
Come Drink With Me
Have Sword Will Travel
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

goldendartkilla
great list radio! I just saw Blade of fury again I'd add that one to greatest Swordplay/MA too.

radioboy121
Originally posted by goldendartkilla
great list radio! I just saw Blade of fury again I'd add that one to greatest Swordplay/MA too.

Thanks! I never heard of Blade of Fury. What is that about?

There is some other Shaw Brothers movies in particular that I like, but I just can't remember their names.

Others I can think of putting up there are:

Fist of Legends
Swordsman II

Avenger2.0
I'm a big bruce lee fan and reckon that all 4 of his movies are champion
(Enter The Dragon, Way of the Dragon, The Big Boss and Fist Of Fury)
But im also a big Fan of Jet Li like his movie Kiss Of The Dragon.
The Returner is Also a pretty good movie though it more gun fighting

MysteryRidah
I'm a big jackie chan fan, so jackie chan gets my vote and then bruce lee.

newwinds
Originally posted by Avenger2.0
I'm a big bruce lee fan and reckon that all 4 of his movies are champion
(Enter The Dragon, Way of the Dragon, The Big Boss and Fist Of Fury)
But im also a big Fan of Jet Li like his movie Kiss Of The Dragon.
The Returner is Also a pretty good movie though it more gun fighting
I'm a fan of bruce lee too, kung fu in his films is more real but there are some funy in the film of jackie chan

JacopeX
the most violent kung fu movie of all time

The Story of Ricky

Yes this movie was so bloody and goary, i threw up once and im not much of a person to get grossed out. Yes homes, you gotta see this joint! This was made in hong Kong and rated NC-17 for its violence. Its rated R in the us because the fuggin dumbasses here edit shit. Stupid american censorship!

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by xemir
5 deadly venoms,

YES! Another Venoms fan. big grin

The Shaw Brothers "Venoms" films were many, as the main actors who portrayed the Venoms also starred in almost 20 other films sometimes alongside each other and other times as adversaries. The most well known is Kuo Chui (Lizard venom) who was also Mad Dog in Chow Yun Fat's "Hard Boiled". Mad Dog was the killer with the eye patch in the hospital.

Anyhow, while the Venoms films are mostly nonsense, the choreography was right on the mark. For serious film, Enter The Dragon was the big one. Bruce was at the top of his game and sadly died shortly after, but heleft us one HELL of a movie!

xkalybr
Drunken Master 2 with Jackie Chan is an amazing martial arts film. Tremendous fight scenes and skills!!! rock

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a close second.

T.M
Enter the Dragon is by a far way better than any other martial arts movie IMO.

BobbyD
I'm kind of partial to Kiss of the Dragon w/ Jet Li, and Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon.

Ethereal
my lucky stars
chambers of shaolin
hero
a man called hero
the defender ( cant remember chinese name)
the one armed swordsman
three kingdoms

a shitload more..

newwinds
Hero with the participate of JetLi

jrodslam
Legeng of Drunken Master
Dragons Forever
Meals on Wheels
Fist of Legend
Gorgeous

Deano
young master
shaolin master killer
prodigal son
fists of fury
drunken master
dragons forever
eastern condors
miracles

T.M
Ong Bak was a good martial arts movie to IMO

Deano
ah yes, that is also excellent.

also i reccomend

knockabout
the victim
magnificent butcher
legend of the drunken master
five deadly venoms
encounters of the spooky kind

Killua-Yu
Talking of kungfu movie ,I should say ,as a chinese girl, I have seen a lot of pure kungfu movies since I was eight . Jet Li and Jackie Chan may be the most famous kungfu stars in the world . I really like them and their movies~~~

princegoku
enter the dragon for me, that is one of my 5 favourite films and i think it is the best martial arts film.

DarkWizard
Enter The Dragon

Impediment
Enter the Dragon is pure gold.

I have questions about two kung-fu/fighting flicks I have yet to see: Ong-Bak and Pit Fighter. Has anyone seen them and are they worth a damn? I'd kinda like to see them.

MildPossession
Ong Bak is worth seeing for the action, forget about the rest of the film, also there is a second film with Tony Ja in called Tom Yum Goong.

Have yet to see Pit Fighter, apparently the fight scenes are very brutal and excellent to watch.

Deano
eastern condors is class. mixes gun action with martial arts

breakz360
Some goodies.-
Any Yuen Woo Ping film. -
Secret Master
Wing Chun
ten commandments of kung fu, mystery of chessboxing, silver fox rivals, invincible armor, the cool hot and vicious, shaolin vs. wu tang, sixty second assassin, zatoichi, shaolin mantis, the victim, jade claw, drunken tai chi, shaolin soccer, iron monkey, buddha assassinator, shaolin vs. ninja, shaolin vs. lama, fist of legend, once upon a time in china series, 5 deadly venoms, master of flying guillotine, abbot of shaolin or slice of death, fist of white lotus, tai chi master, instructors of kung fu, any shaw brothers film, monkey kung fu or old school iron monkey, flying meteors, 36 deadly styles, 7 grandmasters, born invincible, crippled masters, snake in eagles shadow, dreadnaught, magnificent butcher, miracle fighters, hellz windstaff, hero among heroes, buddhist fist is off the hook.
theres so freakin many i know i forgot alot of them but thats off the top of my head. but i think the one ive watched the most in my collection is Secret Master with leung kar yan or however u spell it. its got a cameo by yuen woo ping who directed i think. its off the hook.
theres so many more but you got to start somewhere

breakz360
where my manners?
i forgot to add
kid with the golden arm
enter the dragon
master killer
drunken master
thundering mantis
dance of the drunken mantis
and thats all i can rack right now
kick a**

waseembecool
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I'd have to say Enter the Dragon coz Bruce Lee was kick-ass in that flick!

lordofwar
Fist of Legend
Iron Monkey
Tai Chi Master
Fong Sai Yuk 1 2
Drunken Master II
Once Upon A Time In China 1 2
Last Hero in China
Kung Fu Cult Master

StephenS
well (in order) id have to say

1 - Shaolin vs Lama

2 - Tom Yum Goong - (didnt liek ong-bak as much as most people did, but i saw it ages ago before it hit america so dont really know the complete story.. only got it on vcd a fe wyears ago, this is tony jaa's next movie, and it kicks ass(itll b in america soon, or liek me you could have/ can order it for when it came/online now)

3 - master of the flying gilatine (cant spell it but o well, i own it and dont wonna go get it out of my room so c how lol )

4 - iron monkey

5 - blood heat

(these are my top 5. i own all the bruce lee movies and more martial arts movies than n e stores around me (i live in dallas texas) and i actily compete in Kali, shaolin FK, and JKD( style bruce made). id say if your liek me and your actily a martial artist, u shoudl (hopefully) own all of these.

lordofwar
Fearless- Jet Li's best and last martial arts film.

Blue nocturne
Once upon a time series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLihWL4Rxic&search=huang%20fei

Nite_Mayor
Legend of a Fighter - The story about the early life of the character that was Bruce Lee's dead teacher in Chinese Connection (and Jet Li's in Fist of Legend).

replies in kind
I myself think the greatest Kung-Fu movies has to be Red Dragon staring Bruce Lee. And another film called Once Upon A Time In China, Another great movie starring Jet Li.

Big Sexy
5 deadly venoms
return of the five deadly venoms/ mortal Combat/ the crippled avengers
Shaolin vs llama
Ninja checkmate
7 grand masters
flying guillotine
Kid with the golden arms
unbeatable dragon
executioners from shaolin
Fist of the white lotus
ten tigers from kwangtung
master killer
8 diagram pole fighter

heebie
hi am new to this however searching for a title of a movie. about a sword and there is an awesome fight scene on top of the statue of liberty. maybe hero could be in the title or something????

replies in kind
Flying Guillotine was just H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by replies in kind
Flying Guillotine was just H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. I liked it. The weapon that could remove a head with no effort. It kinda doesn't really count as kung fu though.

RogerRamjet
oh gosh..there were so many

of course Bruce Lee's "Enter The Dragon" redefined the whole genre and maybe "Drunken Master" 1 and 2 which were excellent movies as far as i'm concerned...
i love "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Hero" as well as the "A Chinese Ghost Story" Trilogy because they were something completley new back then.
One of the newer releases i kinda liked was Kung-Fu Hustle.
But there were some many classics...it's hard to pick out one and say that was the best of all...

lordofwar
Once Upon a Time in China 1 2 and Last Hero in China
Tai Chi Master
Swordsman 2
Fong Sai Yuk 1 2
Fist of Legend
Kung Fu Cult Master
New Legend of Shaolin
Iron Monkey
Wing Chun
Drunken Master 1 2
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
Young Master
Project A
Prodigal Son
Eastern Condors
Police Story 1 2
Dragons Forever
The Victim
Warrior Two
Magnificent Butcher

Recommendation:
Butterfly and Sword
New Dragon Inn
Fire Dragon
Moon Warriors
All Men are Brothers
Blade of Fury
Swordsman 3: The East is Red

Silverstein
Originally posted by MildPossession
Ong Bak is worth seeing for the action, forget about the rest of the film, also there is a second film with Tony Ja in called Tom Yum Goong.

cool 'Tom Yum Goong' is SOO good, i find the first part of the film to be a bit cheesy, but as soon as i got past the elephant = man's best friend (in thailand) it was all cool.

The sound fx were better in Ong Bak than in this one. but amazing fights, seemed almost to be non stop. Is there a north american release?

Motoko Sama
I don't know about being the absolute "Best of All Time", but Sha Po Lang is an amazing movie, though the ending made me cry. Donnie Yen had an excellent part. I'd say it's probably the best of the 2000's so far!

As for "Best of All Time", The Chinese Connection and Enter the Dragon are clearly at the top. Fist of Legend is another good movie as every knows.

Scarecrow756
Iron Monkey and Kung Fu Hustle.

phluid
tom yum goong hands down. featuring martial arts sensation tony jaa

NINJ4_BL4D3
Iron Monkey..................."No Shadow Kick"

Enter the Dragon.............."Board don't hit back"

Chinese Connection................."Dragon Whips it's tail"

Lyna303
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Iron Monkey and Kung Fu Hustle.
Kung fu hustle...i love this movie

HI2GA
One thing I have found in watching a number of old school to modern martial art movies is that often it's hard to find a GOOD martial art film with a good story. Favorites I would recommend to anyone who likes amazing fight scenes coupled with a good or amusing story: (not in any particular order...I love all these movies)

Iron Monkey...I can watch this one over and over...(Donnie Yen is just too cool)

Wing Chun...Michelle Yeoh needs to do another one! She outshines Donnie Yen in this one.

Seven Swords...Very cool!

House of Flying Daggers...Beautiful love story. I LOVED this movie, although most guys may not.

then, of course, there are Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and HERO.

Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle is HILARIOUS and cool for laughs...Shaolin Soccer is ok.

I am always looking for other recommendations for classics or modern greats...so far most of the ones mentioned I have seen. smile

Ultraman Baltan
INFRAMAN!

HI2GA
Oh, thanks LordofWar for recommendations....Seen alot of your recommendations, but I'll check out some of the ones I haven't. smile

litbitd
return of the 5 deadly venoms

Face
Wutang and Shaoloin , Wutang vs Ninjas and Seven swords was quite good

Madacapa
THE 36 CHAMBERS!!!!

Madacapa
THE 36 CHAMBERS!!!!

Ethereal
FIST OF LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trolt
Yeah Fists of Legend has an absurd amount of fight scenes that are ALL good to see, from the class-room defence to the show-down with the general.

OUATIC II is one of the best, not only because of the action but there is also philosophy in there too. But then again, some people get it just to get an adrenaline -high smile

Nikac
I would have to say that the best kung fu movie i've ever whatched is Snake In The Eagle's Shadow. KICKS ASS

G-Mafia
Cantonen Iron Kung Fu & The Victim with Leung Kar Yan. Also, a bunch I watched on Samurai Sunday.

Ajc_214
kung fu movie, where this guy shows off his skills by pushing 2 people(one either side) away, jumping up n landing on the shulders pulling a split, and at the same time pulling out to fans?...

It Is Shaolin Vs Wu Tang

bladelord
Best three of all time in order:
1. Legend of Drunken Master
2. Once upon a time in China II
3. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by bladelord
Best three of all time in order:
1. Legend of Drunken Master
2. Once upon a time in China II
3. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

I loved Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I also loved the Four Assassins. The 36th Chamber or as it was known in america The Master Killer. Bloody Avenger was very good. Most definitely Master of the Flying Guilotine.

Kazenji
I did'nt like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon just don't like that fantasy bullshit kung-fu.

moonknight11
Does anybody remember this movie were the villain sends loads of kung-fu masters to assassinate the protagonist(I think it was bruce lee) but they all lose. I remember he foght this old guy/young guy duo and beat them. Also at the end the villain "let's" him get away then shoots him. Please I need to know.

moonknight11
I think I was talking about way of the dragon though I'm not sure. Oh Fearless was very good.

2D_MASTER

Bat Dude
Fist of Legend
Enter the Dragon
Twin Warriors (Tai Chi Master)
Fist of Fury
Hero

All are awesome...
But I HATE House of Flying Daggers...

Fanboy
What does do you guys think of this movie?

Fanboy
Originally posted by Fanboy
What does do you guys think of this movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT8ikWUcxQU

Quiero Mota
Game of Death

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Four Assassins. Enter the Dragon.. Avenging Eagle...Masked Avenger..Ten Tigers from Kwantung.

kodak
Shi xiong shi di zhai chu ma (1979)
For those who dont know it, Its better known as "Incredible Kung-Fu Mission" or as "Kung-Fu Commandos"

SuppMan
Fist of Legend has awsome fighting scenes by jet li.

Fearless was pretty sweet as well. I love pure kung fu fighting stuff.

KUNG FU HUSTLE!!! this movie was the shit. haha. funny and wicked cool!

Drunken Master with jackie chan.. a classic too..

2D_MASTER
Ummmm what about Duel to the Death ? Probably the best swordfight ever, IMHO.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Game of Death

That was kinda crap not to mention bruce lee was hardly in it.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Kazenji

I am glad that somebody here realizes that...

SuppMan
Hasn't anybody seen Kung Fu hustle and SHoalin soccer??

ThirdEyE
So many 2 name

TOP 10
Mystery of chess boxing
Chinese super ninja
7 grand masters
fist of the white lotus
master killer
master of the flying guillotine
unbeaten 28
born invincible
iron monkey (the original)
Buddhist fist

HONORABLE MENTION
The victim
5 super fighters
the crane fighter
Buddhist fist & chess boxing (1 movie)
snake in the monkeys shadow
snake and crane secrets of shaolin
prodigal son
knockabout
eagles claw
kung fu genius
the hells wind staff
killer army
mask avengers
avenging eagle
mad monkey kung fu
the revenger
18 strikes of the wildcat
killer B
legendary weapons of china
18 bronze men
challenge of death
filthy guy
dirty ho
sleeping fist
dragon claws
60 second assassin
fatal needles vs fatal fist
wu tang vs ninja
the 36 deadly styles
duel to the death
challenge of the ninja
ten tigers from kwangtung
magnificent ruffians
kid with the golden arms
five deadly venoms
return of the five deadly venoms
spiritual kung fu
the master of death

I HAVE OVER 350 OLD SCHOOL KUNG FU MOVIES (like i said so many 2 name big grin )

KingTech
I am fond of king fu movies and love to watch them.My all time best movie is the Legend of drunken Master.The hero of the film is Jackie Chan.

alik83
Please tell me the name of this kung fu movie, which is my great childhood memory! The story and highlights:
There's a main guy character and his brother, he practices kicking big stones into the target in the beginning of the movie, and they armrestle together, than I beleive his brother is killed by one of bad bosses. He also has a sister that will be kidnapped later and an old teacher/master who threw small metal balls against his enemies.
There are 2 bad bosses (i beleive karate and aikido?), who also kidnap his sister, and in the end the hero fights them both after being trapped in the martial arts school. They use some extending stripes of metal against him, but he gets them between his feet, rolls on the ground and those stripes break. At the end he kicks one of them out the window and kills the other one with his finger, sticking it into his body, and there's blood.
Also a lot of fighting in the middle of the movie is in the autumn forest.
That's all I could remember, any clues?

The Sensei
Ah my misguided kung fu fans, let The Sensei hit you with some good ones that you have either never seen or heard of. And keep in mind that I only own the good shyte. That guy that said he owns over 350, some of those movies were complete trash.

3 Evil Masters
2 Champions of Death (Shaolin)
Brave Archer 2
Bichunmoo
The Challenger
Disciples of the 36th Chamber
Dragon Tiger Gate
Dragon Inn
Eternal Conflict (aka Odd Couple)
Fatal Contact
Fearless Dragons (aka Two on The Road)
Daggers 8
The Loot (aka Bloody Tattoo)
Incredible Kung Fu Master
Return of the 36th Chamber
Lion vs Lion
My Young Auntie
Moon Warriors
Shaolin & Wu Tang
Twin Missions
Tai Chi Boxer
The Restless
The Young Master
Ode To Gallantry
Stroke of Death (aka Monkey Kung Fu)
Iron Lion
Clan Feuds
Shaolin Mantis
Invincible Shaolin
Peacock King
Saga of The Phoenix
Flash Point
Dragon From Russia
Two Toothless Tigers
Holy Flame of The Martial World
Treasure Hunters
Once A Thief
Instructors of Death (aka Martial Club)
Mad Monkey Kung Fu

I even have tv series

New Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Fist of Fury
Wind and Cloud: The Stormriders
Master Swordsman
Master Swordsman Returns
Iron Fist
Book and Sword

If you would like a full list of my library just hit me up. This list I just gave is from movies in my library as well and are some awesome and widely over looked movies that are just better than anything Bruce Lee could ever do. Yea I said it they are I repeat THEY ARE BETTER THAN ANYTHING BRUCE LEE COULD EVER DO. So if you find at least one of these movies man please hold on two it.

endrict
Prodigal Son needs to be here some place.

High Priest
there to many good kung fu films but i lilke

SHAOLIN CHALLENGES NINJA
DRUNKEN MASTER
KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM
TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN
SECRET RIVALS 3
13 POLES OF SHAOLIN
DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS ( one off my all time classic i love this one the bad guy in this film gives me a buzz.)

kunglu
Originally posted by Skywa|ker
mmmm....

I'm torn between Jet Li's "Fist of Legend", Jackie Chan's "Legend of Drunken Master", and Yuen Woo-ping's "Iron Monkey". Love all three...
OH YEAH! These are my three picks exact!

suprmanvsbatman
Kung Pow ;p happy

kunglu
All you Kung Pow fans should check out Gymkata! an unintentional funny movie. Look it up on you tube. (I tried to put a link but still too new here, sorry)

Shieldbou
For those of you mad enough to know of it, a friend and I discovered one of the freakiest, goriest and generally ill-minded Kung Fu films of all time. Rikky-Oh. Watch it all on youtube, it is absolutely kick-ass amazing. I'll give you a little hint at how bad it is. In the final fight scene, the amount of fake blood used stained Rikky's body for 8 days. D:

Combat_Guru
the Protector and The Bourne Identity (Krav Maga mother******s)

Bella718
Hey guys by any chance do any of you guys remember a kung fu movie that has 3 main guys and each of them have a power I think the powers are wind water and fire or something like that. They have to fight some bad guys and I think 2 of them die and 1 of them gets hurt bad but heels and then kicks ass I think lol. I saw it like 4 years ago but it anybody remembers that movie PLEASE let me know the name of it please its been killing me. thanks guys

BuddasPalm
Iron Mokey is kick ass, Drunken Master is kick ass, Bruce Lee and Jet Li movies are kick ass, oh and i know its not kung fu but 7 Samurai has to go in the kick ass catagorie and Sonny Chiba.

Anyway, I need some help, Im trying to remember the name of a movie I seen when I was a kid, Now the star of the movie was Bruce Lee but not the real Bruce Lee, There was a guy with an eye patch and he carried daggers and I think a couple of other guys but they had teamed up with fake Bruce Lee to fight some master. When they fight the master he is really strong and they can't beat him because he snorts something from what looks like one of those mist bottles you shove in your nose. Eventually they beat him and the guy with the eye patch gets killed. This movie was an old one and its been in my mind lately and I have to know what the hell its called if anyone knows whats its called please post it up.

MightyCelestial

Juk3n
Project A - act right playas

ecoree
Hi I was wondering about a movie I saw maybe 10 years ago. The story is something about this guy who get totally beaten up while protecting some girl and then he falls down this gigantic cliff but survives. I think he loses his one arm and attaches a giant jagged sword( which is broken in half) to his arm. And then there is this character who is a woman who flies around in a big pink lotus flower or maybe it was a lantern.
Does this ring any bells? if so please would you be nice and say the title of the movie! thanks m8s

croakerbc
Hi guys,
I just started this small blog where I post some of my favorite kung-fu fights from movies. You can download them as good quality, standalone-compatible avi files.
It's all free, of course, no scam. I am just a big lover of movies in general and of the martial arts genre in particular. Just want to share with you my favorite scenes.
Used to be I had a big collection but then I lost them all in a hdd crash so now I am starting all over again sad

bestofkungfufighting.blogspot.com

Have fun smile

Co-contributors are welcome!!

I hope this post doesn't break any rule.

croakerbc
Originally posted by Kazenji
The whole movie was shit. Luckily they filmed the final showdown before Bruce Lee died, so we have that at least. And it was an awesome finale, don't you agree?

P.s.: talking about Game of Death

leonheartmm
ONG BAK !

Kazenji
Originally posted by croakerbc
The whole movie was shit. Luckily they filmed the final showdown before Bruce Lee died, so we have that at least. And it was an awesome finale, don't you agree?

P.s.: talking about Game of Death

Yea that finale was good its included on the 2-disc Enter The Dragon dvd that whole scene.

Big_Daddy2
For me it's hard to say...

The only thing I can think of when it comes down to story, dramatics via acting, and choreography are from Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

A New Police Story and Fearless captivated me more out of everything else i've seen. And these were versions from china before they were edited/distributed to north america.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ONG BAK ! not kung-fu, muay boran/capoeira jaa uses, and it was set in thailand.

Juk3n
Still Project A cool

leevan15
wheels on meals to me is the best

Kung_fu_fan
Guys can you please help me find one movie I was looking for so many years now, I saw it only when I was a little kid, but only here is what stuck in my mind from it. The movie starts with one guy walking near the forrest, or rather just on some sand, and sudenly he is attact by two killers, who came right from the underneath the sand with knifes I believe, one after another, and they both were ordered to kill him, and they did, so then starts the real movie, and those assasins are shown maybe few more times durint the movie, but the main actor later kills them.
Now it's tough for me to find that movie cose I don't know who the main actor was, I don't know how the movie goes after that first scene, but I do know it's definitely not bruce lee, nor it is a jackie chan movie...

Talking about best kung-fu movies of all times, I will say Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagles Shadow by Jackie, I can watch those two movies forever
P.S. I really hope someone can help me with the movie I'm looking I would really appreciate that.

maximilian
does anyone here know of any kung fu movies that have the cool synth sounds like the ones used in kill bill ,also blod of the dragon is an old one i can think of that has the same synth sounds .I love that stuff .Let me know if you guys can think of any older kung fu flick that have the same kind of sounds . Thanks email me directly if you like [email protected]

NonSensi-Klown
Kung-Fu Panda. haermm

ceknox38
I just can't beleive that nobody has bothered to mention The Avenging Warriors of Shoalin. How can you not love that movie? Even the villain were cool. The fight scene at the in with the four heroes vs the four villians with each of them specialized in their own exotic weapon. To me this is the best kung fu movie of all time.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>