Have you met any authors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
I havent had the pleasure of meeting one or go to book signing,would love to meet someone like anne rice or stephen king.

I wonder have any of you meet any, who is it?

If you wish to meet the authors, who will be ??

fungrl515
oh, hold on. this seems kind of stupid, but i forget her name. she has a son in my class, and i've talked to her before. i think she's kinda famous, cuz i've seen her books at various book stores, such as barnes and noble. i'll check with my friends. they'll remember the name. anita shreve? forget spelling.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i met Fydor DOstoevsky in my dream once. this is what happened...

i was playin ice hockey when all of a sudden he starts callin me out. i come out of the rink im like sup man i like ur books. then he takes out a shotgun and starts shooting randomly. i jump, take out my skates (in slow motion) then he starts shooting when all of a sudden he gets back up from his teammates (Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo, Agatha Christie etc etc) i was outnumbered by these classical authors. But then Hannibal Lecter came...i thought he would help me but NO he attacked me. (i made this all up lol) sorry im bored. smile

badkittykitty
is this her? Anita Shreve

badkittykitty
that would be on h*ll of a dream!! LMAO!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yes it would lol

fungrl515
yeah!

EOWYN3
Gwendolyn Brooks

BOPRecruit 16
when i was little, i met a couple of authors for children's books but i can't remember who. who i'd like to meet, tolkien when he was alive; s.e. hinton...hm...

badkittykitty
I think I would have liked to have meet edward gorey when he was alive also. sad

JKozzy
I met Tommy DePaula when I was in third grade! big grin I have a picture of me with him somewhere....

Lord Soth
Sharon M. Draper, author of Tears of a Tiger

mechmoggy
Mrs.MM went to a Terry Pratchett book signing last Xmas, she said he was very nice.

Vim
Well, maybe you all will get to meet me one day, I'm a published author, but don't get too excited yet, my book isn't out, and it will probably be awhile before it actually is out, but i still trying to get the buzz out about it, and its really cool that there is a book discussion!

shanie623
I wish I'd meet JKR and Anne Rice. embarrasment

Phoenix
I love terry pratchett! was that the book signing in Forbidden Planet off Oxford Street in London?

Phoenix
I wanted to go to the Michael Moore thing in Cambridge, but by the time I'd heard about it they ere sold out... *sulks*

slashwristbarbi
I met Robert Rankin once. He was doin a book signing in a bookshop near where i live, but I didnt know who he was at the time. I wasn't watching where I was goin and walked into him, and he glared at me. A few days later I bought the book he was signing (Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocolypse - dead funny, buy it!) and found out who he was.

JackSparrowLuvr
shelly herdlitshka....................oh and once i met Jarkko Ruutu of the Vancouver Canucks wink big grin stick out tongue shifty

Lord Soth
The author I most want to meet is Margaret Weis, co-author of The DragonLance Saga and the foster mother of Raistlin

Corlindel
Mario Vargas Llosa, Naomi Klein, Brian Aldiss (sci-fi), Hugo Pratt (comics) and some portuguese authors.

Lord Shadow Z
He's not famous but I've met Terry Deary who did the 'Horrible Histories' books

big gay kirk
Oh god... its name dropping time... I used to run a writer's group in Coalville a while back, and during my sojourn there I met Willy Russell (Educating Rita, Blood Brothers) and Terry Pratchett (twice) who told me I have a rare collectors item... a copy of "Mort" which he hasn't signed !!! Met Philip Pulman a long while back... before "His Dark Materials..." and took part in a phone in programme on the radio with Timothy Good, the UFO author... and got a letter from Chris Carter (X-Files) about how he liked one of my X-Files short stories...

drunk_nazgul
I've met myself, somehow. And Shadowskill. We are authors. It counts, because we will publish our book.

Darth Revan
I met this lady who wrote a book called "Damned Women" whose daughter is in my sister's class. The woman was a real b!tch. yes yes yes

And my aunt is a writer but I dunno if she's gotten anything published

And oh yeah my grandpa was the CEO of Harrah's club in Reno and he wrote a book called "Playing the Cards That Are Dealt" which is basically just an autobiography but it's really interesting you should check it out yes

Crash Overload
Every Year Mcgill hosts the "Young Authors Conference" and All sorts of authors come ine. I went twice, meet 6 authors, I can only remeber 3 ONe of them was MArie somehting, or Something Marie she wrote this childrens book about a kid who has his birthday on the same day as christmas, and all he got one year was an orange... Then there was the author of "Invisible Day" and the other one wrote a book I think the title was something along the lines of "Midnight Ghost" I was about 2 girls who go back in time, one of them is jumped into her grandmothers boy, another is just this erant "ghost" because she does not have a body... and also the captain of a tanker they where on was jumped into the great grand father... To get back to there time they have to break a crystal necklace with loons inside it, because they can not change the past, it was only broken ounce, not twice...

I am giving 5$ to anyone who reads all that....

amity75
I met Clive Barker at a book signing once. He was a really nice guy and reminded me of Neil Tennant from The Pet Shop Boys. It was hard to believe that so much horror could come from such a decent bloke.

big gay kirk
Met JT Edson, the western writer a few times too... he used to live just a few miles away, and he was always in our local library... he never dressed like a cowboy though...

big gay kirk
You could actually find him in our local phone book... JT Edson, Western Writer...

Fire
I met a few belgian ones

Hypernova
I travelled to Sydney for the Sydney Writers's Festival - I met a few Aus writers. Sci-fi/Fantasy writers: Kate Forsyth, Traci Harding, etc and others who are regulars to the NSW Writers Centre festivals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.