Havoc's Gun Club

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HavocHound
Discuss threats to liberty all around the world and ways to combat tyranny! Talk about your favorite types of guns! Talk about history! And definately talk about the similarities between Star Wars and real life!

~~~~~

Taliban = Empire
Northern Alliance = Rebel Alliance

Uncanny? Yes! Reminiscent of the Contras in the '80s. I love that prefix CONTRA. It echoes with the thoes of rebellion. I also love the game 'Contra' - a classic - one my childhood favorites.

I'm a child of the '80s. In fact, I was born in 1980. I was raised on movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones, video games like Contra and Gradius, and cartoons like G.I. Joe and other such reflections of anti-totalitarian ideology. In the '90s I became jaded from the lack of heroism in the world and the overall submissive mentality of the majority during the dark years of the Clinton-Gore-Reno Empire. The attack of September 11 and the response of the firefighters, police, soldiers, and citizens reminded me that there are still heroes in the world who are ready to risk it all simply because it's the right thing to do.

finti
Well at least USA had economic growt during the Clinton-Gore administration. That jerk of a president you got now makes me laugh.
Dont you think the firefighters, police, soldiers, and citizens would be just as much heroes if the attack had occured during the last Precidency???

Reminiscent of the Contras in the '80s yeah made by CIA what a great move

King Jedi
I honestly can't beleive what I'm reading.

Texas
Ah, hell might as well. I'm in Texas, every one here has a gun. I dont have one yet, but my dad is an avid gun collector. I dont know much about them, but our entire game room is filled with gun displays. He's got shot guns, and rifles and those little hand guns, and old guns from like all the wars and he has guns with big barrels and guns made out of solid gold and guns with jewels and all that other stuff. He's really proud of them. I want to get a regular hand gun to shoot at the firing range, my mom does and she says it's a great stress reliever. It's funny, my mom's this conservative businesswoman at ExxonMobile embarrasment

yerssot
Exxon????
they make plastic-stuff right?

finti
Who are you aiming at KJ??

ToMacco
Exxon is an oil company.

finti
Called Esso in Europe

ToMacco
I think Jing Jedi is refering to HH

finti
oh Jing Jedi he`s been degraded then laughing out loud

yerssot
Texas... if I'm not mistaken my father and your mother are work-related. My father works with Engelhard, if she knows that...

queeq
I'd hate the idea of having a gun and my child playing with it. Therefore no guns for me, thanks.

Texas
Engelhard? Is that part of ExxonMobile confused ? She's in the research department.

mah
this thread is strange confused

Texas
yes. It could use a picture of bjork big grin

mah
you use any excuse to talk about bjork, huh? big grin

Texas
Just this week, it's Bjork appreciation week big grin DOnt worry, you wont hear a peep out of me about Bjork next week big grin

yerssot
I don't know exactly OR they are concurrents OR Exxon has a contract with Engelhard...

Ushgarak
Blimey! It's a sad day for George Lucas's carefully constructed moral structure if there is ANYONE who can even vaguely compare the Northern Alliance and the Rebel Alliance!I hope you are aware that the Norhtern Alliance loathes the US as well. They just loathe the Taliban (and the Russians) more.

The other comparision is flawed as well. The Empire is based upon an athestic state. The Taliban is religious fundamentalism.

Ratcat
Yeah! What Ush said... confused

Ushgarak
But I already said that...

Gundark
Well I think this topic has run its course....

finti
*dawn is upon this thread soon it will rest, yes forever sleep*
Some time ago since those lines, eh queeq?

mechmoggy
This thread frightens me nearly as much as having a gun in my house would. Not scared of them, but I am a clumsy asre and would probably shoot myself whilst pissing about in a druken stupor. Reason enough not to have one methinks. rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Okay..little "all for gun control" Dimmy's closing this thread.. If you need to ask why then PM me..

Sorry guys..but I was asleep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.