Encyclopędia Questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

Chapel
I would think that the Matrix was less rebooted but upgraded to a newer version.
A Matrix version 4.0 (or maybe 3.1) where humans who want to be freed have the option to etc.
this could also explain why the "clock" of the Matrix is not rewound so to speak, the humans are now probably free not only to leave the matrix but to evolve inside it so the machines may have let time continue on from the point it reached at the end of the films.
If this is caused by the Ones code being uploaded ( Neo did make a different choice to all the Ones before him so wouldnt the code he carried be diferent?) if Neo ascended to some higher level/plane that allowed him to redesign the Matrix (to me definatly implied by the whole "glowing like a lotus" thing and maybe what happens to the One when his/her code is uploaded anyway?) or the architect/machines redesigning the Matrix I dont know.

Osiris
omega u should make this thread official

Mistique
I think it was reloaded. I was under the impression that when it was reloaded, the only 'repair' was that humans were able to be freed if they rejected the matrix. I don't believe there were any other changes or upgrades...

Mordecai
I think the black cat is evidence enough that The Matrix was not reloaded, how can you not refer it to the de ja vu black cat in M1?

All they did was change something (just like in M1) which was all the wreckage in the street, why would they leave the damage there?

The black cat is there to tell us it wasn't reloaded.

If its not, explain why it is there while The Matrix is being reloaded.

Mistique
You have a point there, but I think the cat was there to show they changed the rejection thing and reloaded the matrix as th 7th version. I see the rejection thing as an upgrade and therefore, needs to be reloaded...

Mordecai
How does the black cat show they changed the rejection thing??

If thats the case it could've been anything, why would they put in a black cat simalar to the one used in M1, ofcourse people are gonna think of the first film after seeing the black cat doing the exact same thing twice in reference to de ja vu?? (at least thats what it seems like)

But ofcourse it happened alot quicker at the end of Revolutions, but i don't think that makes much difference.

Mistique
I honestly don't know much on this topic, they ended the movie pretty quickly, but the dialoge between the oracle and the architect made me think it was reloaded. I just assumed because in m1 the cat showed 'a glitch; change' so if there was a change, it would be that people were able to be freed. And yes, when I saw that, I instantly thought of the first film. I may be repeating myself, and my evidence insn't very convincing but thats what I think, I just think of it in the most simplist form I can smile

Mordecai
The Oracle and The Architect spoke about the change and people being freed, nothing was really mentioned about upgrade/reload.

Zion remains which also gives the idea that The Matrix was not reloaded, and you basically proved my point, it was simply a change to make it possible to be freed, which i think is more of a decision then a whole change to the system.

*shrugs*

Mistique
As I said, i don't know much on the topic, and I'm going to continue to believe my theory:

Neo dies, but the One then returns to the source, allowing the temporary dissemination of the code he carries as mentioned by the Architect in Reloaded. This allows the matrix to be reloaded, only this time with a substantial difference: anyone who wants to leave the matrix can do, and this time Zion will not be destroyed and they can live in the 'real' world in peace.

When Sati says 'Will we see Neo again?" She is referring to what will happen if the peace does not last and the equation is unbalanced. They will need to bring the One back, although, Neo is dead, therefore meaning someone else must become the One.

Mistique
It's either that or a theory I read by godfather:

You said that there where five previous versions of the matrix (this point confuses a lot of people), there are not five previous versions of the matrix but five previous versions of the anomaly (the one), the Architect had made two versions of the matrix (perfect worlds the human did not accept) prior to the current one so there are three versions of the matrix and five versions the anomaly. As I say not a disagreement but more a change in the wording.

Daedalus
Interesting theory Mistique. raver

Mistique
OK, I changed my mind (sorry for scrolling!), I agree with you, i've read heaps of theories and I was wrong.

I'm gonna shut up now...

Daedalus
That last post was kinda confusing. What the f**k?

Daedalus
I actually thought what The Architect said about the previous versions of The One and The Matrix were lies, it was his way of making Neo think he didn't have a choice and that is was all pre-calculated so Neo would goto the source have his code "disseminated" (I reckon it was a method of getting Neo to lose his code that he carries in The Matrix to give him his powers) so therefore making it almost a certain victory by the machines because there would no longer be an anomaly interferring in The Matrix and making it mathematically perfect.

Mistique
Ok. the Run down. I agree with my second theory, as pointed out by the godfather. Mordecai was right, there were 5 prior 'ones' and 3 'reloads' of the matrix

1. The perfect world which was rejected by humans
2. The other perfect world humans rejected
3. and the one we have now

Sorry for the confusion smile

Daedalus
I still like my theory. wink

Mordecai
Everyone likes there own theory. yes

mook
yeah the black cat is there for a reason - it means they changed something not reloaded the whole thing.

Mordecai
yes

The Omega

Mordecai
Precisely.

Oli
HI, what are talking about when saying "glowing like a lotus" thing?

Where is that? Thank you.

Oli

thereisnospoon2
jsut to quickly add my thoughts.... the matrix was never "shut down" so i dunno why u guys need to argue if it was "reloaded" or not. Agent SMith jsut took over everyone in the matrix, close to almost destroying it, i suppose. Then Neo does goes in there, destroys the agents and "dies" (im not so sure on that yet, but everyone is arguing that he did indeed "blow up"wink but the matrix itself wasnt destroyed. Just Agent Smith. So everyone else inside went back to normal like the Oracle. All the programs 'n all. Just my thoughts....
Gnothi Seauton,
--Munch

Lag
Oli> When Neo is taken away by the machines at the end of Revolutions he is glowing orangish and it looks like a lotus.

The Unknown
After being "destroyed" like that in the Matrix, his mind might be in a vegetable-like state, even though his body's still alive.

mors823
Does anyone have any solid connections to the orgins of the ships names? I placed a few in the Ency, but I'm still missing a few.

The Unknown
Osiris, Egyptian god of the underworld and vegetation.
Nebuchadnezzar, Babylonian king who had dreams of the future.
Icarus, boy in Greek mythology that flew to close to the sun and fell to his death.
Mjolnir, Thor's hammer

mors823
The Osiris was destroyed, so it's name matches its real life counterpart. The Mjolnir is big and powerful, like Thor's Hammer. We all know that King Neb and the greek god Morhpeus are similar and therefor go together. We never saw the other ships that were destroyed and I'm not too familar w/the crew/captains of the ships. It would be nice to see if the ships' names and thier captain's go togeher. I already know who Ronald (sp?) is and he seems to fit the pattern.

sum1butno1
When the Matrix was reloaded the first 5 times and the clock was reset, what would the people still in the Matrix experience? Would the machines wipe their memory or something? Any thoughts appreciated.

Mordecai
I'm pretty sure their memories are wiped.

Rufo

The Unknown
Even though programs know about the numerous anomalies, it doesn't mean that they know that the anomaly is what resets the Matrix.

The Keymaker is meant for deletion because he's an exile, meaning he was supposed to be deleted a very long time ago, but chose to stay in the Matrix.

First of all, Cain and Abel are lycanthropes/dobermen, not vampires. Wooden stakes disrupt the coding of vamps. Silver disrupts the coding of a lycanthrope/doberman. Not all programs are hard to kill. The Merv could possibly be very weak.

Rufo

The Unknown
I said that they DID know about the anomaly. Even though the Merv does know about the anomalies, it doesn't mean that he knows of The One's importance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.