Favorite Board Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
What're your favorite Board Games?

Mine are:
Risk (nobody can beat me, seriously)
Monopoly (fun, but it takes a loooong time)
Clue
Stratego (nobody can beat me at this either)
And trivia games

Michael Myers 1
The Game of Life (i always end up getting alot of kids)
Scrabble
Guess Who
Sorry!
War ( card game)
Poker

i can only think of those

Scrappy Doo
Its been a long time since I've played any of these, but from memory

Lowenburg
HeroQuest (Havent found a set of advanced yet)
Titanic
Stratego Legends
Capsule Monster Chess (I made my own set ^_^)
13 Dead End Drive

I bought Dune and it looks great, but I havent played it yet.

Lord Soth
Oh! card games included, I love poker, euchre, and egyptian war

silver_tears
I like Monopoly
Clue
Trivia Games and such big grin

VallejoKid707
Guess Who! i love that game.

LanceWindu
Beyond Balderdash

Storm
Monopoly
Trivial Pursuit
checkers
card games

BOPRecruit 16
moncala, mastermind; i don't play much board games anymore, mostly cards. does dominoes count? when i was little, i like sorry, 13 dead end drive, chess, checkers, monopoly,...

saucybird007
mastermind shifty
snakes and ladders laughing out loud
can i include twister?? Anyone ever got drunk and played naked twister? laughing out loud

Fire
Risk
Axis and Allies (all 3 versions, world is the best tho)
Stratego
Chess
Checkers
Trivial
Monopoly

nazgulinthedark
monopoly
chess
checkers
-all i could think of-

Fire
Well Soth actualy risk isn't that hard and it is, like most board games very unrealistic

yerssot
ist mogelijk om da is mee teneme op ne vrijdag ofzo? toch tijd genoeg

Fire
which one?

yerssot
a&a ... one of them

Fire
those are pretty big but I might be able to bring it over on a thursday and play with you on friday, tho it aint gonna be finished on 3 hours

Storm
How is a&a like?
*wonders*

Lord Soth
I know Risk isn't very hard, but I enjoy it so much, I pride myself on how good I am

Lord Soth
New ones: Balderdash, Cranium, Trival Pursuit, Beyond Balderdash, Imaginiff..., Mad Gab, LotR Risk (just got this...love it!)

Fire
soth is it anything special in rules than normal risk?

Storm AnA is a turned base war game, you have 5 countries: rusia, UK, US, Japan and Nazi Germany. who are devided into "Axis and Allies"
and they make war. the world is devided into territories like risk. Tho here you get money for each territory you conquer, not just continents (would take too long)
with that money you can build new troops

you have different kind of troops: soldiers, armour, fighter planes, bombers, submarines, transport ships, aircraft carriers and battleships. it each has its own defence and attack number. and then you do battle.

Militairy objective of the Allies is to conquer Berlin and Tokio, Militairy objective of the Axis is to conquer either Moscow and/or London or/and Washington.

it is a bit more complicated but very cool, tho pretty hard and it takes a long time

Lord Soth
Same rules, basically, it's just set in Middle-Earth. But there's some other stuff added, that I can't remember right now.....

Fire
okei I'll find a review

yerssot
hey, it's me, you'll win in two moves wink

Fire
well it involves some luck (with the dice as well) but I am quite capable I can indeed own your ass pretty fast

yerssot
you would love that stick out tongue

Storm
laughing out loud

yerssot
you too wink

Storm
actually... yes laughing

yerssot
hey, can't blame you, it's a nice one wink

Fire
lol

Storm
Who made you think that yerss? stick out tongue

to get back on topic again, I like Cluedo too

yerssot
you... I've seen you looking at my ass wink

Fire
nah Cluedo is too much guess work

Storm
eek! I' m shocked! How can you possibly think that?

No it' s not. Asking the right questions leads to the right person. It' s fun smile

Lord Soth
Risk is the most fun. I love Stratego too

Fire
hmm personaly I don't like cluedo but that's me

cermiestar
Cluedo! It rocks!!!

Fire
hmm not my game big grin

cermiestar
but but but!

wicker_man
Monopoly
Cluedo
and Battleships

Storm
see, Cluedo has 3 votes already happy big grin

Lord Soth
What is Cluedo? I know what Clue is, but maybe that's just a cute name for Clue, I don't know

Storm
Dr. Black was found dead on Saturday evening at approximately 8.45pm. The body was found at the foot of the stairs leading to the cellars, on a spot marked "X". Miss Scarlett found the body.

At the beginning of the game, a character, weapon and room card will be placed secretly into a murder envelope.

To solve the mystery you must find out:
- who committed the crime (Col. Mustard, Prof. Plum, Rev. Green, Mrs. Peacock, Miss Scarlett or Mrs. White)
- what was the weapon used (dagger, candlestick, revolver, rope, lead pining or spanner)
- in which room the crime was committed (lounge, dining room, study, ballroom, conservatory or kitchen)

(The three cards in the envelope will reveal the answers.)

You will be dealt some card. You can immediately eliminate these characters, rooms and weapons from your investigation.

During the game, you have to move from room to room to make your enquiries. Once inside a room, you have to make a "suggestion" on your turn by calling a character and a weapon into the room. You can then question your fellow players as, one by one, you ask them to reveal if they have a card that matches the room you're in or the character and weapon you' ve named in your suggestion. Your turn ends when one of these is matched by another player's card. Keep note of your findings and carry on playing.

By clever deduction, you'll eventually be ready to make an accusation. Your goal is to be the first to reveal the answer to the mystery. So the object of the game is to collect enough clues to solve the mystery.

Lord Soth
Okay, so you mean Clue when you say Cluedo. Got it

yerssot
Storm,... you typed it from the box I hope stick out tongue

Lord Soth
I might have been able to type that from memory, just b/c I remember useless stuff like that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.