Elrond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Izz
Isn't Hugo Weaving too old to play the role of Elrond? Elves are suppossed to remain young forever (young looking), but Hugo looks rather old (for an elf).

Verity
Well.....in the book Elrond is described as old but with an air of youth, or vice versa...Young but with an air of aged wisdom...I think Hugo meets that requirement.

eldarion

BingaBonga
hey, hey, don't diss Hugo Weaving, i think that he's cool, and i don't think that he looks that old...

nazgulinthedark
i wouldn't give the part of elrond to any one else! big grin

Aurora
Hugo Weaving is Elrond! I honestly can't imagine anyone else playing Elrond. The movie would not have been the same without him.

Izz
Yes, yes, yes, he's very good as Elrond! But I still think he is too old: Eldarion does say (by the way thanks for all the cool info) : 'The Elves were sufficiently longeval to be called by Man 'immortal' But they were not unageing or unwearying'.
But Galadriel is so much older than Elrond, and she still looks young.

BingaBonga
Galadriel looks older than Elrond to be. The only reason why Elrond looks old to anyone is because he's so wise and he's seen many many years.

LegolasIsMyMan
No One Else Could Play Elrond, He Plays The Part So Well, I Wouldn't Want Any One Else Playing Him. It Just Wouldn't Be The Same, He Is So Hot As Elrond, And The Reason Why I Think He Looks Old , Is because He Has Been Through So Much, and Seen So Much, That It Has Taken A Toll On Him. He Is Also Wise Beyond His Years. I Absolutely Love Him Playing Elrond. love

BingaBonga
big grin Hugo Weaving is the best person who could play Elrond to me...

LegolasIsMyMan
Exactly, He is an amazing Elrond.

BingaBonga
i really don't think that he looks that old anyway...

LegolasIsMyMan
I kinda think he is cute, how bout you guys? wink

BingaBonga
Hugo Weaving? Uh... no thanks, but idk..

LegolasIsMyMan
Aww come on, as an elf, he is cute, i don't know why, but he just is a cutie, lol

nazgulinthedark
he could be cute...yeah..but i'll stick to my ringwraith friends here big grin

sauron
you do all know that if anyone else had played elrond youd be saying the same thing about him,

its just you cant imagine anyone else playing him,

nazgulinthedark
yeah thats true too big grin but it doesn't matter if different people play the ringwraiths, they'll always be my favorites! big grin

LegolasIsMyMan
Orli is my fav, hands down

BingaBonga
i don't know... sauron... that's why i don't think that he's too attractive, but its not like he's butt ugly *cough cough peter jackson cough cough*

nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud

nazgulinthedark
ringwraiths all the way

LegolasIsMyMan
He was a great pic though. Who else could you picture playin Elrond????

Aurora
I think the eyebrows are SEXY! wink I mean who in their right mind could resist them?

LegolasIsMyMan
Aurora are you talking about hugo, or the ringwraiths. LOLOLOLOL

Aurora
Who has the SEXY eyebrows? Elrond!

nazgulinthedark
nooooooooo, i'd have to say the ringwraiths wink

LegolasIsMyMan
Umm, may i ask ,,, how do you find them sexy, they really don't look like ne thing, cause in FOTR all they show is a ghostly white smokish figure of them???

BingaBonga
sexy eyebrows, well, i could recognize them from anywhere, but sexy? I don't know, i'll just leave it as attractive... could someone post a pic of him, so i could think of something else nice to say.... angel

LegolasIsMyMan
I tried to post one, dang it, but it won't let me, *sobs***

BingaBonga
just a sec...

BingaBonga
just a few more secs

LegolasIsMyMan
Are they that hard to find for you cause they were for me!!!

BingaBonga
here we are, he's younger, and sweaty, no too attractive to me still, but there you go for elrond lovers...big grin

http://hugo_weaving.tripod.com/screen2.jpg

Ariadne
I think that although elves should look a little young, after seeing and experiencing everything that they have you have to show your age a little I would think.

LegolasIsMyMan
Umm there isn't a picture of him, sorry

BingaBonga
wha? that's the picture... you don't see it? huh

LegolasIsMyMan
All it says is image hosted by tripod, and it don't show a pix

BingaBonga
oh, well maybe your computer is messed up?

LegolasIsMyMan
OH more than likely, lol

BingaBonga
aol is so messed up so it's probably that instead...

LegolasIsMyMan
Yeah, i have 9.0 it's supossed to be really good , but i get kicked off more now than ever
confused

BingaBonga
it's weird, because i have everything loaded, i had to get off the internet you know, and then there was some random reason why i can't get it... stupid computer!

LegolasIsMyMan
Humm, lol.

LegolasIsMyMan
Here we go, yayay!!!

LegolasIsMyMan
yayay it showed up yayay

BingaBonga
woot! big grin

LegolasIsMyMan
We share the same name, Beka, is how i spell it, just thought i would share, lol!

El Toro De Brah
Here's a good pic of Elrond

El Toro De Brah
k

LegolasIsMyMan
That is a really good picture, is it from FOTR< or TT???

El Toro De Brah
FOTR

Exa
FoTR, yes, but not seen in the final movie.

I think Elrond is ok.
I didnt like him at first, but now I think he's perfect.

I think you can best see that when he remembers what happened on the slopes of Orodruin - like described in the book, you can practically see all the long years he had lived though he still doesnt look old.

The only problem I have is that I always have to think of Agent Smith in a pink dress when I see him roll eyes (sarcastic)

LegolasIsMyMan
He's quite awsome, isn't he?

Exa
Yes he is

LegolasIsMyMan
he's hot~!!!!!~~~

LegolasIsMyMan
Do you guys still post on here?

Agent Phillips
Elrond is definatly my favourite character from the series, and as anyone who knows me knows, I think Hugo is absolutely gorgeous.love The only other person I could picture as Elrond (going entirely on looks here) would be David Bowie. Does anyone else see that or is it just me?

HannaBananabal
There is no other like Hugo, like you all were saying, I too could not imagine anyone else playing Elrond... wait... uhh maybe... NOPE. No one else.

And yes, Gorgeous is the word.

HannaBananabal
LMAO! I found some good pictures and captions at this site! (I have to give credit to them!)

Here's one: I decided to make it easier for you to see by adding the captions to the pictures themselves... You might be able to see and read them before even clicking on them!

HannaBananabal

HannaBananabal

HannaBananabal
LOL!

ilvorlandobloom
lol laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.