Who is Your Favorite Character from a book you have Read?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
Who is Your Favorite Character from a book you have Read?

Being a person who is lost without a good book to read, certain characters just seem to stay with me even years after discovering and getting to know them from a book that I have read.
My favorite character is the vampire lestat .The evolution of his character from start to finish was amazing, I loved his book the most giving insight into his back ground and bewilderment of becoming a vampire and how strong he became afterward.
Who is your favorite?

crazy_c
That is a really hard question I'll tell you tommorow after thinking about it blink

FallingBlue
Sabriel of Garth Nix's Sabriel, she's easily my favorite out of her trilogoy, but all togeth Raistlin of DragonLance Chronicle and the War of the Twins is my favorite character, so evil...

Lord Soth
LORD SOTH!

fungrl515
obsessive lord soth. well, i don't know. it's too hard. so many good characters. i'll get back to you on that.

Lord Soth
But he's so awesome

Fire
well this is pretty easy Eomer, Elrond and Jack Ryan, I know quite prodictable

wicker_man
Aslan the Lion from the Narnia series, he is one of those characters that is deep down good but he is not your typical good guy, more of Narnia version of Yoda or LotR's Gandalf in that he is wise and not to be underestimated yet still maintians that level of warm humanity.

Lord Soth
Lord Soth is flawed, but deep down he's a good guy

hotsauce6548
Harry Potter

Falling-Forever
Definatly Risika from In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. No contest.

hotsauce6548
also Bobby Pendragon from the Pendragon Series

BOPRecruit 16
sodapop, two-bit - the outsiders
aragorn, gandalf - lord of the rings
sirius black, lupin - harry potter
hazel (forgot alot of the rabbit's names) - watership down

Corlindel
Ayesha - She, from H. Ridder Haggard
Galadriel - Silmarillion, from JRR Tolkien

SilverFighter
Harry Haller - SteppenWolf
Virgil - The Inferno

Paola
badkittykitty: have you read all the books Lestat has been in?
and can you name them pleaseeeeeeeee big grin big grin big grin
thanx!!!

He's my fav too... but there was just one little thing I didn't like about him... so that's why I'm asking big grin
thanx again

badkittykitty
okay I've read 5 and have 2 others that I havent read(from the vampire chronicles)...lets see if I can put 'em in order.
1-Interview with a Vampire~louis's story of events with lestat

2-The Vampire Lestat~Lestats story throught the ages

3-The queen of the Damned~Lestat with akasha

4-The Tale of the Body thief~Lestat and a serial killer and a vampire hunter( this one is really good,I think)

5-Memnoch~ Lestat having to choose between god and the devil(searching for a woman called Dora(Ionly read half of this one)

the next 2 in the series i have but never read(so I dont know if lestat is really in them...maybe in passing) are..

6-The Vampire Armand~armands story from slavery to paris(which is where lestats from so he might be in it like I said)

7-Merrick~ The Mayfair witchs meet the vampires...kind of...(merrick is a disendent and david talbot (talamasca) recounts story)

here are the other books to the series...

8-Blood and Gold~Marius(protector of akasha from queen of the damned) story

9-Blackwood Farm~ okay more of mayfair witches and vampires...a man named quinn is haunted by a doppelganger and he seeks out lestat after he becomes a vampire.

10-Blood Canticle~ starts where last book leaves off.Lestats quest for redemption and love of rowan mayfair.

badkittykitty
there is 2 books also in 'New Tales of Vampires' by Anne Rice
1-pandora(david talbot)
2-vittorio(no one i know from the other books)

hope my info helps big grin
~bkk

Paola
yes bkk!!! thanx a lot!!
I've read Vittorio he gets his family killed and turned into a vampire by Ursula, a very sexy vampire

thanx again bkk, 'cause I've never heard Blackwood Farm & Blood Canticle big grin

badkittykitty
no problem paola.actually those 2 seems really interesting to me also...if you get to read them please let me know how they are big grin

RonyLeBeau
Henry Berry Lowrey from the book "Nowhere else on earth."

reading

Ikobe
Marla Singer from Fight Club, Mr Tumnus from the Narnia Chronicles, one or more of the Two Bad Mice by Beatrix Potter, or Ruth from The Lovely Bones just because she sounds like a cool person to know.

Lord Soth
Lord Soth, of course, and Justice Wargrave from And Then There Were None

Vampiree
-Azazello or Behemot of Master and Margaret
-The Cheshire Cat of Alice in Wonderland
-Death of Discworld
-Lestat love or Marius love of Vampire Chronicles
-Lady Macbeth (everyone knows where she's from big grin)

Darth Revan
-Tagg from the book Taggerung
-Russano the Wise from several Redwall books
-Lord Brocktree from Lord Brocktree
-Plugg Firetail from Triss
-If KotOR was a book, Zaalbar would be my favorite character
-Grand Admiral Thrawn from Heir to the Empire
-Sirius Black from the HP series (god damn you Rowling!!!!)

Lord Soth
I liked Feragho the Assassin, from Salamandastrom

zinh

JackSparrowLuvr
Larka-The Sight
Shea-The Sword of Shannara
Smaug-The Hobbit
Lirael, Prince Sameth, Touchstone-Lirael

airangel429
Sirius, Snape, Dumbledore & Lupin-Harry Potter
Aragorn, Gandolf, Gollum(i like how JRR Tolkien has him slythering his words)-Lord of the Rings

Laviera_j
Lireal, Sabriel, Touchstone, Prince Sameth, Mogget - - - SABRIEL & LIREAL

Sirius, HP, Lupin, Dumbledore, Sanpe - - - HARRY POTTER'S

Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo, Samwise, Eowynn, Legolas, Gimli - - - LOTR

Kiarda, Bevin, Lord Adan, Tynan, Maddock, and cat-of-all-magical-knowlege - - - Spirit Fox

Ash - - - ASH A SECRET HISTORY

Emma Dickson - - - HIDING FROM THE LIGHT

Catherine Earnshaw/Linton, Heathcliff - - - WUTHERING HEIGHTS

RonzMyBoy
Samwise and Aragon - Lord Of The Rings
The Dwarf Band (except for Thorin)- The Hobbit
Ron and Neville - Harry Potter (I know I'm weird)
Vix - Summer Sisters

cermiestar
Scarlett O'hara from gone with the wind

BellaButterfly
holden from The CAtcher in the Rye

Wind
Ged from the first earthsea trilogy

Therru from the second

Vampiree
oh! and i forgot!

if i HAD to choose one from harry potter even though it's crap i would choose Lupin love

and from lotr: elrond, legolas and haldir love three major hotties big grin

Hegemon875
My favorite is Peter Wiggin from the Ender series, I don't know why exactly I just felt more interested in him than anyone else.

Writer86
Hannibal Lecter, Clarice Starling - The Silence of the Lambs

Lucius Malfoy, Snape - Harry Potter series

Nancy Jaax (actual person) - The Hot Zone

dreamwriter
it's a hard to choose between Sabriel from Sabriel and Saphira from Eragon, hummmmmm really hard choice

Sc0rchy
macbeth from macbeth

kiyana_ayame
Artemis - Artemis Fowl. Nothing beats an evil super genious 12 year old.
Julian - Forbidden Game. You'd had to read it to understand he just sounds amazing.
Hermione - Harry Potter

bLooMiLiCioUs
Lestat de Lioncourt frm The Vampire Cronicles by Anne Ricelovelovelove

Laviera_j
maddock from Spirit Fox, oh and Lord Ada too. Same book

Laviera_j
Sorry, Lord ADAN, not ADA! Doi!

Naraku
Lord Brom from Tales form the Dark Tower. Also from that book I like The dark queen Mara.

Darth Revan
Either Tagg/Deyna from "Taggerung"... I'm obsessed with Redwall... Or Ender from Ender's game... obviously...

Trang
Mine would be Gao Shun from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, written by: Luo, Guanzhong.

kohl
scout from to kill a mockingbird, montag from fahrenheit 451.

Corran
Difficult to choose but probably Death from the Terry Pratchett Disc world novels.

Lord Soth
I also like Robert Langdon from Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons

MasterWizard
My favourite character from a book is Perrin Aybara, from Wheel of Time. He's awesome, with his wolf eyes and senses, not to mention he's the Lord of Two Rivers, aka Manethren(sp?)

coolboarder98
Coolest character in a book would have to be either Cara the Mord-Sith in the Sword of Truth series or Richard Rahl(Cypher).

boxofdeath
That one dude, who was always performing all those miracles and stuff...umm......Jesus

'chelle
Jack Sawyer from The Tailsman and Black House
Jake Chambers from The Dark Tower series

Z4˘|<
My favorite charaacter is Mat from the wheel of time.

shaber
Yes I liked Lestat too, and that book was the best of the numerous Anne Rice novels! cool

MCElite
Holly and butler from artemis fowl, iorik byornsen (not sure how to spell his mane sorry) from the dark arts materials, bridget jones and talkie the toaster from the red dwarf novels

amity75
My favourite character? Atticus Finch.

Maikahyandowen
Gandalf of LOTR, Aslan of the Chronicles of Narnia, Frodo Baggins of LOTR, Merry Brandybuck LOTR, Pippin Took LOTR, Sabriel of Sabriel, or Mogget from Sabriel.

big gay kirk
Sam Vimes from Terry Pratchett's Discworld books... Schmendrick the Magician and Molly Grue from the Last Unicorn... Niggle from Leaf by Niggle (JRR Tolkien)... Hester Shaw from Philip Reeves "Mortal Engines..." Lord Azriel from Philip Pulman's "His Dark Materials.."

drunk_nazgul
Nita from "A Wizard Abroad" by Diana Duane.
Menolly from the Harperhall trilogy of Anne McCaffrey.
Legolas, Eomer, Aragorn, and Boromir from LotR.
Elyn and Thork from Dennis L. McKiernan's "Dragondoom."
Ashley Carter and Ben Brust from "Subterranean" byJames Rollins.

I recommend those last 2 books.

Baylin
One of my all time fav book character is Jakkin from the Pit Dragon trilogy by Jane Yolen.
I read those books when I was about I dunno about 7 I would think and that character has always stuck in my mind.

Z4˘|<
My favorite character is Mat Cauthon from the Wheel of Time.

Crash Overload
Van Helsing - Dracula

Kaleanae
Legolas - Lord of the Rings, He was always singing
Lancelot - Le Morte D' Arthur
Van Helsing - Dracula
Gandalf - the Hobbit

Dario Argento
Patrick Bateman - American psycho

cermiestar
most relate to - esther in "the bell jar"

LegolasIsMyMan
Francie and Neely Nolan : A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
Joe Bonnam : Johnny Got His Gun
Jay Gatsby and Jordan Baker : The Great Gatsby
Holden Caulfield and Phoebe Caulfield : The Catcher In The Rye
All The Characters In Hiroshema
Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Doby : Harry Potter (all)
Romeo And Juliet: Romeo and Juliet
Antony : Julius Caesar
Sam Archer : The Maltise Falcon
Anna : Peeling the Onion
Jamie and Landon: A walk to Remember
Zibby and Lauren: Please Don't Go
All characters : To Kill a Mocking bird
All Characters: LOTR Trillogy
many more,not enough time

Predator 89
I'd have to say Special Agent pendergrass from Relic By Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child. He's just so charismatic and a modernday Sherlock Homes.

ElectricBugaloo
I like Perrin better, he's probably my favorite. or maybe Ender Wiggin.

LaLaLaGirl21
my favorite charater would have to be Loor from the Pendragon series. Those books are awsome!!! Aja Killian, Courtney, and of course Bobby are awsome too. Gotta luv the Pendragon series!!!!!!!!

Hypernova
Right now:-

Sam from Lord of the Rings
Arcadia Darell from Asimov's Foundation books
Takeo from Across the Nightingale Floor
Sara Pezzini from Witchblade

shaber
It's been a while since I read Redwall alot (used to really love rodent stories) but the character from the later books I really identified with was Vilu Daskar eek!

Mr Parker
Ponytail from THE OUTSIDERS.

Julie
Hmmm...that's a hard question....there are so many....off hand I'd say Nancy Drew

Line
Oh yes!! Behemoth and the Cheshire cat!

Winddance - why Virgil???

To add someone: Crowley and Aziraphale from Good Omens.

Malice Mizer
Any of the male Vampires from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

Super-Man-Lives
John Coffey, Anne Wilks, Paul Sheldon, Andy Dufresn, mostly all of Stephen Kings characthers, they have deep characters, i love the way everyone in his books are humanized.

Line
Especially all the machines tend to be just a bit too human.

mailedbypostman
Repairman jack from f. Paul wilson's repairman jack series. He's awesome.

HockeyHorror
my fav character would have to be Raskolnik from Crime and Punishment. i love how they describe the way he kills the old lady with the axe.

laughing out loud

mlblover15
ok since i have like many loves in books here are my majors

covert one series by robert ludlum - john smith

dale brown books (just started my third one) patrick mcallahan

any char of any regular ludlum or clancy novel

and for those of you that go as far back as this...

craig thomas... sir kenneth aubrey

pinsleepe
rincewind - 'discworld' by pratchett
behemot - 'master and margaret' by bulchakow
jaskier - 'wiedzmin' by sapkowskilove love love
frannie mccabe - 'the wooden sea' by carroll
greebo - 'discworld' by pratchett

Exabyte

Predator 89
Even though the Da vinci code was a complete waste of my time Robert Langdon was atleast a amusing character non the less.

Mr Zero
I admit i was deeply cynical about this thread when I saw the title: I expected (and lets face it more-or-less got) lots of "OH! if Pirates of the Caribbean was a book then Jack Sparrow would be my favorite La La La!"

In fact the only post to give me pause in a 5 page sea of predictable poop was your choice of Jordan Baker. Jay is an obvious choice (obvious in the sense of being the most fascinating character in (possibly) the best written book in the English language.) but why do you choose Jordan as a second choice from TGG rather than, say, Nick Carraway or Daisy?

Arachnoidfreak
Dracula, from...Dracula lol. Dr. Helsing is a close second, and Mina Harker is up there too. Oh oh! and Lucy, after she was transformed by Dracula, into the Bertha Lady(err, i think that's what the children called her, I have to read it again)

VENOMfan
Vincent from the watcher's, that guy was uber nut's

silver_tears
Emma Corrigan from Can You Keep a Secret
Aurora from A Little Fate
Georgia from Confessions of Georgia Nicolson

devampire
Lestat from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

Melkórë

chilled monkey
Snow, from Kelley Eskridge's 'Solitaire'

Maxine from Otto Coontz's The 'Nightwalkers'

MakubeX
hmm...let's see...
harry potter-hermione granger
city of beasts-nadia
artemis fowl- artemis fowl or juliet butler
theif lord-prosper or bo or scipio
i'll think about the rest later, hehehe, i have a lot of books (and i mean a lot)

BlackHatDefect
*blushes*Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter or Kazuo Kiriyama from BattleRoyale

fuct_up_kid
lord asriel from his dark materials
malachy mccourt from angela's ashes, even though it's non fiction

RaventheOnly
Thats really hard.....

-Hamlet
-Paul Artredies
-Cyrano

BloomBabyGirl
ryan from ALT ED
Butler from ARTEMIS FOWL (dunno why)
and Gollum from LOTR
and Siruis Blakc from HP

SlickRick69
Mine is Rick King, from The Trouble With Being Me, which you can read here:

The Trouble With Being Me

jeffer_wrote
Gollum from JRR Tolkien's LOTR
Lestat de Lioncourt from Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles
Robert Langdon from Dan Brown's Angels & Demons and Da Vinci Code
Stefan Krieger from Dean Koontz' Lightning
The Marauders: Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs from JK Rowling's Harry Potter books...

Drac39
Geogre Milton from Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men
Gandalf the Grey/White Tolkien's LOTR

crisomtears
Scarlett from Gone With the Wind
Rose from 'The Little House' series...i was an avad fan

Laviera_j
Sabriel - Sabriel
Sorcha - Daughter of the Forest
Red - Daughter of the Forest
Bran - Son of the Shadows
Yrael (mogget) - Abhorsen & Lirael & Abhorsen
Touchstone (Torrigan) - Sabriel & Abhorsen
Maddock - Spirit Fox
Adan - Spirit Fox
Bevin - Spirit Fox

BlackC@t
I have a lot of favourite characters, too many to name. But my favourites are those I can relate to, people that have problems like me or similiar personalitys, characters that I feel for and know just what there going through. Loyal, friendly, and nice characters too.

Rad_1
Harry Potter!

Mariusderomanus
My favorite character of the vampire chronicles is Marius. He's just full of beauty, knowledge, wisdom and kindness. He feed only upon the evil doer and he's a good vampire. The only thing I don't like is...in the book he look like 40 years old and in the movie he look like 20-25 years old. I like him younger. Plus, in the book he has long ash blond hairs and I prefer him with black short hairs just like in the movie. Now, whenever I read a novel with Marius in it I picture Vincent Perez and his gentle voice.

theReject
Charlie Gordon. He's so sweet. He's a mentally disabled, middle-aged man who undergoes surgery to gain a high IQ.

Laskharis
Rincewind and the Bursar from the Discworld series, Doul and the Weaver from Mieville's books, and Cthulhu, the surprisingly cute squid-god who transcends all human understanding.

ragesRemorse
Gatsby, defaintly Gatsby

Dreampanther
Are you MAD asking me this question? Don't you realise that I have work to do? Do you have any idea how long this is going to take me? Aaaaargh!

Okay, here goes, in no particular order:

* Rincewind from Discworld. Death is cool too.
* Richard from Sword of Truth, but let me emphasise this, ONLY the first three books. The rest of the series SUCK! Although the sixth one is almost bearable, but way too predictable and boring.
* Thomas Covenant, White Gold Wielder and Unbeliever. This is one of the strongest characters I have ever had the privilege to meet. He suffers from leprosy, which means he has to constantly watch himself, since any wound he gets can become infected, as he doesn't feel it when he gets hurt. This requires iron discipline and constant vigilance.
Then one day he gets transported to a different world, where suddenly all feeling is restored to him. Believing himself to be dreaming, and drunk on the rush of feeling, he rapes a young girl. Time flows differently in this world, so the next time he gets transported there, he has to deal with her father, who believes Covenant is the only one with the power to save their world, since he is the White Gold Wielder, which gives him incredible power. The girl has gone insane, meanwhile.
The books are incredible. Once you've read them, you will finally realise that while Tolkien was good, he had some serious competition from great authors whose worlds are just as big, if not bigger.. The movies gave him a lot of publicity. Personally, I preferred Stephen Donaldson's Covenant stories to Tolkien's LOTR, but obviously it is just a personal preference. But I haven't even told you about the other characters in the Unbeliever books, once I get started I won't be able to stop: The Bloodguard, supreme unarmed combatants, loyal to the death and even willing to fight off death to honour a vow, The Giants, who defeat evil with a song in their hearts and a laugh on their lips....
* Druss and Waylander from Gemmell. Both these guys kick ass. If I could have anybody on my side in a fight, I pick these two: Bring on your army!
* Killkenny and the Sacketts by Louis L'Amour
* Captain Wolf Larson from Jack London's Sea Wolf. Possibly the best demonstration of Nietczhe's arguments I have read.
* Merle, Lord of Chaos, and his dad, Corwin, Prince of Amber, by Roger Zelazny. What, you haven't read it yet? What's wrong with you!? Go and get it now! Now, you fool, don't sit there and read the rest of this message, go get these books!
* Tarzan. Need I say more?
* Can't remember their names now, for some reason, but the lord and in the second book, his son, from Georgette Heyer's "These old shades" and "The devil's cub." Wickedly funny books, both these characters are supremely arrogant, supercilious, snobbish and overbearing, yet hilarious as hell, and they have hidden soft sides. Very well hidden!
* Creasy, by A.J. Quinnell. This guy is actually scary, he is so lethal. Note, the character from the books, NOT the movie. Man on fire the movie SUCKED!
* Sparhawk from David Eddings. Nobody messes with his princess!
* Monte Walsh by Jack Schaeffer. Probably the best cowboy stories ever written, funny and very moving.
* Jock of the Bushveld, by sir Percy Fitzpatrick. I cried my heart out at the end.
* The Spenser stories, by Robert B. Parker. These books come with a warning, though: They are impossible to put down and they are highly addictive!

I am going to stop here for now, because I actually have a lot of work to do. You will probably note most of my characters are tough and funny guys. That's because I believe this world needs more honest, tough guys, who stand up for what they believe in and will fight for what is right, instead of walking by and pretending they see nothing. And i also believe more people need a sense of humour.

MornGlory
I like Annie Wilks - from Misery

star22
Lets see...

1. Dune Series: Paul, Irulan, Leto I, Leto II, Jessica, Ghanima, Baron Harkonnen, Dunkin Idaho

2. Star Wars Novels (none of the main movie characters counted): Thrawn, Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, Anakin Solo, Jag Fell, Zek, Ysanna Isard, Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celcu, Coran Horn, Booster Terrik, Mirax Terrik, Gillead Pellaeon

3. Cheney Duval, MD books: Cheney, Shiloh, Richard Duval

4. Harry Potter: Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Voldemort, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, McGonagall Ginny, Neville, James, Lucius, Macnair, Hagrid, Luna

5. LOTR: Aragorn, Eowyn, Gimli, Sam, Pipin, Merry, Eomer, Theoden, Sauramon, Gandalf, Galadriel

6. A Little Princess: Sara, Becky, Lottie, Ermontgaurd

7. Narnia: Peter, Edmond, Eustice, Aslan, White Witch, Caspian

Yes, I have lots. I love good characters. I am a huge vilain fan, as long as they are good villains.

Reborn Again
Leon S Kennedy from RE2: City of the Dead. I think he's a bad ass!

Lord Soth
Okay, I have an updated list here:

Lord Soth, Knight of the Black Rose, Master of the Undead, etc, etc.- DragonLance Saga (of course)
Raistlin Majere- DragonLance Saga
Robert Langdon- Da Vinci Code
Justice Wargrave- And Then There Were None
Mina Harker- Dracula
Dorian Grey- The Portrait of Dorian Grey
Lan, Last Lord of the Seven Towers- Wheel of Time Series

d'wittymudblood
Hermione....
Harry Potter book series..

EOWYN3
Ayla from the Earth's Children series...she's awesome!

Shaolin Monk
Sirius Black from Harry Potter
Aragorn from LOTR
Pat from The Biggest Klutz in 5th Grade
The Hardy Boys
Robbie Belmont from Gary Carter's Iron Mask Series

AMN Inc
Ford Prefect from the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

baracustastic
White Fang

slashwristbarbi
Rowena Vincent - The Madolescents
Rebecca - Rebbeca's tale

(as in Rebecca from Daphne Du Maurier's 1930's book 'Rebecca' - however she doesnt really feature much in that book (being dead and all))

rolandbishop
Faust from the book.. Faust. hehehe. Loved the drama he would cause with his magic and occultism

Because I can
Jasmine from Deltora Quest (Emily Rodda)
Daniel from Magenta Orange (Echo Freer)
Mia from Blue moon (Julia Green)
Mandy from No fat chicks and Hooking up (Margaret Clark)

Because I can
Isn't that also a movie??? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.