Smith is ALIVE!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
This is gonna sound v. weird - but bear with me.

CONSIDER: We know that the Smith Neo fought at the end of Revo was Oracle-Smith, and not THE Smith {the big cheese from M1} that we assume was also seen during the burly brawl and hallway fight from M2, and appartment invasion from M3.

After the oracle sequence, THE Smith was not seen again. So where did he go? Did he stay and watch Neo get pounded on during the burly brawl, and then get blown up along with the other Smiths? I THINK NOT!

Think about it - surely if you have a mortal enemy {face it, THE Smith is the true nemesis of neo, more so than the clones as they have been through less} then you'll want to have a climactic battle with him yourself, instead of getting one of your minions to do it. After all, THE Smith instigated all the battles in M2.

So PERHAPS - our good friend smiddy somehow managed to hide himself away. Dare I say it, could he even have managed to jack himself out ala bane? Does he live to fight another day for M4 {even if it never happens}? And most importantly - AM I A SAD LOSER WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS?

Opinions welcome

The Unknown
I see what you're saying, but he was connected to all the other Smiths, so Smith is gone...

Ahnold
Ah but if he'd escaped to the real world, or found a way to disconnect himself from the other Smiths, then maybe, just maybe...

JKozzy
But maybe he didn't....

Ahnold
BUT HE MIGHT HAVE!!!

Galaxian
I'm confused.. did he die, and did Neo die?

Mistique
When smith took over Neo, the equasion was unbalanced, that's Smith's purpose, to equal/balance out Neo. So when Neo no longer 'existed in flesh' the Smith element could not survive, and that meant all the smiths as unknown said, they're all connected. The "Main" Smith (at the time, the Oracle-Smith) is the virus, the rest are copies of that virus, so if one dies and all of them are connected, the rest would be terminated aswell.

He had found a way to get to the real world. He took over the Trainman and the Merovingian in the end (the peope that control a link from the matrix to THE REAL WORLD) and that was what Neo was refering too - "Soon he will spread through this city just like he spread through the matrix. You cannot stop him, but I can" But before Smith could do that he had to furfill his purpose, to kill Neo. It's his obsession and before he can't do anything else, he must do things that will lead to killing Neo, killing the machines wont kill Neo. "We've been here before, you and I, you don't remember? I do, I think of nothing else"

Neo dies, but the One then returns to the source, allowing the temporary dissemination of the code he carries as mentioned by the Architect in Reloaded. This allows the matrix to be reloaded, only this time with a substantial difference: anyone who wants to leave the matrix can do, and this time Zion will not be destroyed and they can live in the 'real' world in peace.

He said he 'saw' the end, but he didn't see his own fall as a result of not seeing past his choice to kill Neo.

sith_darth_jay

Mistique
it's nice when people agree with you smile

sith_darth_jay
yeah it's great big grin

Ahnold
All good points, people. I guess THE Smith couldn't have jacked out, and there really isn't a way he could have disconnected himself from the other smiths. I'm just a bit annoyed that there was no closure for THE Smith

mors823
It could be possible that some idiot would create another Smith program and therefor would still be alive

sith_darth_jay
it's that possible?

neo_dragon
THE Smith as you call him was seemingly destroyed at the end of the first movie. neo is 1, smith is negative one, 1-1=0 meaning both ceased to exist. go back and watch the movies more carefully before you come up with crackhead theories like that.

Ahnold
Crackhead theories? That's a bit OTT. And I don't think Smith was destroyed at the end of M1 - he exploded, sure, but did not return to the source, thus was not deleted. Read through my post again - there is some logic to it...

The Omega

The Unknown
Mistique, the Matrix WAS NOT reloaded. It was repaired.

JKozzy
Gahhh then why did they call it Reloaded.... I know why but it just can confuse people too much. They could have called it "Neo vs. Smith" or something corny like that stick out tongue

Ahnold
I know, I was just entertaining a theory big grin

Gee I wish there had been SOME closure for THE Smith - but I guess not. Damn you Revo!

The One Himself
I was wondering...If Neo is someway merged with the Matrix or something, where is Smith? Destroyed at the end of Superbrawl? Maybe.....Or Not?

Ahnold
EXACTLY!

The Omega

The One Himself
But if the machines are carrying Neo's body to use his code in someway, can they reinsert his prime program, Reloading the Matrix?

The Omega

The One Himself
You are assuming that he is alive... embarrasment big grin

The Omega
Since Neo's body glows when seen through "source"-eyes, and the only thing glowing with that vision IS connected to the Source -> Neo is connected to the Source. Since the only thing he has that could be connected is The Anomaly, the anomaly is still in Neo's body.

WOULD be pretty useless in a dead body, no? big grin

The One Himself
not exactly... big grin Where was Neo when his body was dead at the end of the first Matrix? Ok, you may answer: He was not actually dead...But I say that he was somehow dead..Remember when the Oracle told Neo he was not the one and he seemed to be waiting for something..maybe, another life? At that point he was not THE ONE..He became the one after his death (through Smith). That is the same situation in RVL..The body is dead but the mind is not... hard to explain in few words...

Lag
Neo might actually be dead in all forms and showing his glowing dead body still holding the anomaly would signify that the Matrix will not be reloaded and Neo did what he chose to do which was free humanity from slavery and end the war. The lotus shape would show him finally taking his seat in heaven.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.