Dementors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
What are they? Lupin said that "they infest the darkest, filthiest places..." Rowling said that they are "depression personified," are they the work of rotten sorcery or the inevitable accumulation ill feeling? evil face

Do they have any connection with Lethifolds? We know that lethifolds are the only other things which must be repelled by the Patronus charm. Perhaps the Dementors are related to Lethifolds in some way?

nazgulinthedark
i think they are a demented race of human that are corrupted

shaber
It is difficult to discern how long the Dementors have been around, since Rowling is deliberately ambiguous on that point hitherto.

The Dementors may well have been around since before Voldemort was prominent. James told Lily about them when they were still at school. The Ministry had "long" been allied to them when Voldemort fell.

nazgulinthedark
i like the dementors, they're kinda like evil ringwraiths with out horses

DracotheDragon
Dementors are the worst form of creature i could think of (including the kind that could possess u)

nazgulinthedark
nah, they're too much like ringwraiths to be hated by me big grin

jennyanderson
If you ask me what a Demetor is, I'd say they are the evolved form of Nazguls.

Oh, and Dracothedragon, those 2 Charmanders are really cute!

nazgulinthedark
yes! they evolved from nazguls!! evil face

shaber
I found Dementors to be disgusting, filthy, contaminating. The Nazgul are not, they are clean somehow. The Dementors are more like the dead marshes.

shaber
J. K. Rowling has the history of the Dementors mapped out, but did not reveal ANY of it in the first five books. I suppose all the more incentives to get hold of the sixth and seventh...

LegolasIsMyMan
I think the dementors are followers of voldermort, that have sold or given up their soul somehow, and they linger around and torment harry.

burlyman
im demented sad they pick on me at school

can i have a hug please?

silver_tears
*hugs real tight* big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
*joins in the hug*

Darth Revan
*also joins in the hug*

dementors are a bunch of evil skeletons wearing black cloaks. You could also ask stuff like "what is magic" or "what is a Sauron" or "what is the Matrix" but you will never find out cuz the fact is, none of them really exist and maybe even their creators don't know.

BOPRecruit 16
i don't get what the first choice means/is, so i think the last two are reasonable. esp. with all those dark wizards.

bLooMiLiCioUs
big grinbig grinbig grinhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/hug.gif

shaber
Rowling knows why the Dementors are around, but hasn't given any information yet. They have no hampering physical presence, though they can grab things, so they can only be combated on a spiritual level. A lethifold might well have a small physical presence, but they can only be combated on a spiritual level, because they have too little physical presence to be struck by stunners etc.

shaber
The Dementors seem to be indifferent to the wizarding wars, only wishing to leech off as much happiness as possible and kiss anyone when they think they can get away with it.

So they seem to be chaotic, neutral, rather than allied fully to either Voldemort or the Ministry.

burlyman
yeh.

shaber
Sauron is an evil angel Darth Revan.

burlyman
uhuh.

sauron
sauron was a lesser mai (sp.) gone evil as he was turned to that path by morgoth a valar and the root of all evil oin the world

sauron
and its not what is A sauron

it is what was sauron

or who is sauron

there is only one neamed sauron (meaning lord of abomination)

burlyman
yeah

shaber
And you had better not put up any more ugly pictures Burlyman! I'm a synesthete! I need to be surrounded by beauty!

burlyman
uhuh

bLooMiLiCioUs
monosyllabic whistle

Linkalicious
monosyllabic = having only one syllable.

synesthete = A person who experiences synesthesia, as by having a secondary sensation of sound as color or of color as sound

What the hell are you two talking about?! Or are u just using big words to make yourselves seem more intelligent? (bloom, i already know that u r intelligent)

Linkalicious
Do you think JK will tell us more about the origins of the dementors in the next books or do you think she's done explaining them?

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing nah just wanted to provide a contrast to burly's answers as well as prove a point that he's monosyllabicwink
oooo she says she knows i'm intelligent!!woohoo!!Happy Dance

anyway.dementors.ugh.they're unclean like sum1 said....just...dirty*shiver*

Linkalicious
you sons of bi*ches i'm a freakin guy.

bLooMiLiCioUs
OH NO!!ooops embarrasment embarrasment im soo sorry!!!!!!!
*cowers with embarassment*

Linkalicious
no harm no foul. How can i hate you bloom u argue with everyone so elegantly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing now THAT'S a 1stwink

Linkalicious
hopefully not the last smile

bLooMiLiCioUs
big grin
ive been given a compliment!!!
i hopeblink

Linkalicious
Probably not your first....
and i'm sure it's not your last confused embarrasment

shaber
I still have a bone to pick with Burlyman if he ever comes back.

Rowling still has to tell us aboiut the Dementors' history, for she has not yet divulged ANY of it.

The Dementors destroyed the innocence of the Harry Potter world and made it warped and sordid. Their presence has to be wiped from the time line altogether. They are the REAL enemy. That was obvious from PoA chpt 12

bLooMiLiCioUs
*feels appreciated* happy

sauron
heres the story of how they came to be

one day sauron went to a jewelers and got a nice pretty ring, he decided to hold big party to show off ring, but men and elves got jealous and decided they wanted it, party got real ugly real fast, so sauron got his ring took from him, so then some time later about 2000 years, sauron heard his ring had been seen, so he sent out his nazguls, as they were searching for the ring they found gollum who told them the ring was in the shire (sauron originally thought this was a catalouge of some sort) so the nazgul set out again, and on the way they went to bree for a pint as beer is banned from mordor since it turned the party bad, they got very drunk and decided to have party on weathertop, and they were in luck for the hobbits happened to be there, so they tried to take the ring, but hairy human appeared and fought them off, they got separated and nazgul number 8 got extremely lonely, went to middle earth brothel where he found gollum, they had an *encounter* nine months later the first dementor was born

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughinglaughinglaughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.