What book are you reading now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_c
Im reading two. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Sabriel by Garth Nix.

Fire
no book, gonna buy meself a new one tomorrow prolly lost tales part1 or silimarillon (sp)

yerssot
-Force Heretic II, hope to finish this one soon, having lots of opportunity tomorrow
-Giles of Rome on Ecclesiastical Power

fun fun fun huh?

badkittykitty
the screwtape letters by c.s. lewis
very enlightening

lil bitchiness
'The Binding chair' byt Kathryn Harrison...bit depressing i can tell ya that...but tis really good...

LindsIsTightK
Let me Call you Sweetheart by Mary Higgins Clark

Once I'm done with that I'm gonna read the Harry Potter series all over again happy

Complicated
A Will to Power - Friedrich Nietzsche
The Republic - Plato

burlyman
ive been reading 'Altered Carbon' by Richard Morgan for a couple of years, nearly half way through smile i only have time to read in the summer hols really erm

nazgulinthedark
The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien

finti
Area 7 - Matthew Reilly

wicker_man
Kurt Cobain ~ Journals (Non-fiction)
Ghosts (Non-fiction)
The Godfather ~ Mario Puzo (Fiction)

DrunkenTurtle
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

Corlindel
Metaphisical of Love - Schoppenauer
Futurologic Congress - Stanislaw Lem

Neo_Version 7
The Catcher In The Rye
Sleepers

h0ck3yh0rr0r
great thread. right now im rereading Crime and Punishment by Fydor Dostoevsky. true classic

h0ck3yh0rr0r
very nice Complicated. my aunt has that at her house but I never read it. did a few projects on Plato. great philosopher.

thorncrawler
im reading loads at the moment, it by steohen king, two towers by JRR Tolkin, matrix thology the list goes on

duffy
fear and loathing ...... again

Friend44
(What book are you reading at the moment?)

How do you expect me to write this and read at the same moment?

SilverFighter
Capital Vol II by Marx

CaptainClaire
Erm... I've been start/stop reading The Shrine for a while now. Horror. Good, but I get ditracted. By shiny stuffsmile

Phoenix
Owlknight by Mercedes Lackey

Complicated
Thanks. smile It's proving to be an... interesting book, and rather amusing, actually. I'm pre-law, and dread the Socratic Method, and it only takes 11 pages here for Thrasymachus to burst out in outrage over it! laughing out loud 2300 years later we still haven't gotten rid of it...

stormsgreat
I'm readin holes, i'm still a kid so i can read all the kids book i like and don't have to read for school yet! smile

Lord Soth
Sacred Fire, the conclusion of the Kingpriest Trilogy by Chris Pierson (DragonLance Book)

BingaBonga
Tangerine... very good....

dave123
most books suck, films are the bset!

The Force
eek! nothing stick out tongue actually i'm reading a book that has to do with the facts of Creation

N.Tonks
I'm reading Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix for the fourth time blink

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol

h0ck3yh0rr0r
read it once thought it was ok
read it second time i didn't like it sad

vvvrulz
A calculus text book. My finals are on now. sad

h0ck3yh0rr0r
good luck

Lord Soth
If any of you like Lord of the Rings, you should try the DragonLance Saga. It's great (my member name is actually a character name). It's a long-running series spanning over 100 books by about 15 different authors. I started reading them 3 years ago, and I still haven't read all of them (and I read fast)

vvvrulz
Cheers Hockeyhorror.

RonyLeBeau
The Wolf Hunt -by- Gillian Bradshaw, and Moll Flanders

Phoenix
Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte

SpikeSpiegel
Stephen King : The Dark Tower : Book 2 :The Drawing of the Three

sandman
piers anthony: "On a Pale horse." again

burlyman
also, I started reading 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Spy' by Len Deigthon afew years ago... but i never finished it erm

im such a bad reader happy

Phoenix
I am now reading "Northanger Abbey" by jane Austen

h0ck3yh0rr0r
anyone ever read Victor Hugo's Les Miserables?

Lord Soth
I just finished Sacred Fire. That was brilliant.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
thats good ^

DBZFan
The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien

Lord Soth
I'm reading The Kingpriest Trilogy (DragonLance), by Chris Pierson again. They're absolute genius

Paola
my cousin lend me "the Unbearable Lightness of Being".... but haven't read it embarrasment.... I know I suck...... sad

The_Khan
I just finished reading Robert Silverberg's Lord Valentine's Castle smile

fungrl515
no, but my friend did in eigth grade. and, now, we keep having to read short passages from it.

fungrl515
Oh, forgot to say, but I'm reading the Caine Mutiny.

BOPRecruit 16
i finished reading lxg recently and now reading holes then i want to get to reading x2.

badkittykitty
you'll like x2 it was very good/let us know about holes my friend adores the movie and i havent seen it and didnt even know there was a book. smile

BOPRecruit 16
i so want to see the movie of holes! i'm re-reading the book now! yesterday, i managed to read volume 12 of the manga dbz in little less than 3 hours.

badkittykitty
manga dbz? what is that?

The_Khan
I saw the movie Holes with my family, it was a very good movie, you'll definitely enjoy it smile

Lord Soth
Holes the movie is crap, and the book is better, but not by much

badkittykitty
but Lord Soth Ive heard wonderful things about it...why do you feel that way?

bLooMiLiCioUs
I'm reading "memnoch the devil" by anne rice frm the vampire chronicles

Scrappy Doo
I was part way through "Magic's Pawn" but it had to go back to the library, and I cant find another copy. Im not currently reading anything, but I may start "Interview with the Vampire" in a little while.

Lord Soth
I don't really know, but I got this 'crap' vibe. I always pay attention to my vibes big grin

badkittykitty
L laughing out loud L

Lord Soth
big grin That's right, I'm psycho!.............I mean psychic!

hotsauce6548
I was just wondering what books people are in the middle of reading now?

Right now, I am reading a book call Pendragon-The Lost City of Faar by D.J.MacHale.

nazgulinthedark
there's alredy been a thread like this but, i'm reading the return of the king, i hope to finish it before i go and see the movie

yerssot
Force Heretic III (yayy! I'm getting there!)
De ecclesiastica potesta

Storm
Do encyclopedia count?

mechmoggy
Moving...

Corlindel
..this thread stick out tongue

badkittykitty
(my first merging neat! )any one else reading some cool books right now?

Lord Soth
Return of the King, must finish b4 the movie comes out!!! ~read read read read~

hotsauce6548
sry bout dat... didnt no there was alredy a thread like this

badkittykitty
thats all right,just gave me some practice on my new mod abilities. stick out tongue
Lord soth after your last post about rotk I looked every where for my book..thought Id reread it and get ready..but I cant find it!! *Eeek!*

Lord Soth
Hahaha, I'm inspiring ppl!

Falling-Forever
Right now I'm reading The Vampire Lestat, the second book in the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.

badkittykitty
sweet one of my all time favorites!

Falling-Forever
Yeah, it's really good so far. I wish I had more time to read it though.

Corlindel
Love letters of Pablo Neruda

Corlindel
...and at this moment the newspaper stick out tongue

Schizo_n_me
Thats not a book stick out tongue

badkittykitty
alot of stories in the paper seem to turn into books now a days...I read the paper every day,its nuts!

Corlindel
...A

Corlindel
....And always the same bad news sad

el_barto
around the moon by jules vern

BOPRecruit 16
i want to get around to reading x-men 2 book and when britt gets me the last samurai book for x-mas.

mors823
The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. It's the story of the Battle of Gettysburg and it's awsome. For our more lazy people, there's a movie on it simply called "Gettysburg"

Trinity_Matrix
For school I'm right now reading Carrie, and for fun I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha...for the 7th time ^^;;; I love to read.

Lord Soth
I just finished Return of the King....damn, I had forgotten how good that was

Dario Argento
Nils Lyhne by J. P. Jacobsen.

VallejoKid707
im reading the x2 novelization

Bubble
I'm reading 2 books, Emma by Jane Austin and Interview with a vampire by Anne Rice. has any1 seen Interview with the Vampire the movie, it's GREAT. i wonder if the book will be as good? bunny

Pegasus
I am reading "Life Strategies for TEENS" by Jay McGraw
It's speaking my language! LoL

Oh can someone give me any book recommendations a book i can read in 2 weeks?

Lord Soth
I can give you coupld suggestions, based on how fast you read

Corlindel
The captive - Marcel Proust

stinkfist462
The Tower ... not the lotr books...

Vampiree
short stories by edgar allan poe

and

clockwork orange by anthony burgess

BOPRecruit 16
i stopped re-reading holes and switched to x2. very good book!

Vampiree
x2 the book? huh what? were? how!!! and why don't i know about it!!! damn... i hate being confused...

Lord_Andres
I just started reading The Silmarilionsmile

BingaBonga
hey, me too! very good book, I left in my locker at school... I got to chapter of Vanqueta, or however you spell it...

kohl
brief history of decay by emile cioran.

Corlindel
Taras Bulba - N. Gogol

cermiestar
a suitable boy

BOPRecruit 16
reading x2 still. reading merchant of venice in lit.

Vampiree
the tale of the body thief big grin thanks pao, luv!

Julie
Wednesday's Child
( just finished Tuesday's Child....book about WWII and a ballet dancer)

DBZFan
A Wind In The Door.

Lord Soth
Started reading Lord of the Rings again, from the beginning. And now I have a mind's eye visual of everything, it's great big grin

Corlindel
Una Vita Violenta - Pasolini

JackSparrowLuvr
I'm reading Lireal the second one in the Sabriel series and it's awsome! I'm also reading Jesus Freaks then I'm moving on to The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

Mafia Girl
Takedown:Fall of the Last Mafia Empire

oh yeah i have to start reading a book for school to i forgot the name.

mailedbypostman
Cirque du freak:The vampires assistant by darren shawn. (The whole series great.)
Also: The dragon reborn by robert jordan (Another great one.)

shanie623
*Emabarrassed to say that I am not reading any books right now* embarrasment In fact, I am SO craving for new books to read, and I hate borrowing books from the library because I get too lazy to return them stick out tongue So I'm saving up money to buy LOTS of new books that MUST interest me as soon as I hear about them or see them in the shelves of Barnes & Nobles smile

I just finished reading Blackwood Farm 2 days ago... FINALLY!!! I bought that book like 2 long months ago, and have never had the chance to read it until this Christmas break. (busy, busy...) I usually finish up 800-pages book in 2 days but school and sleeping takes most of my time these days.

kohl
big sur (jack kerouac)

dreamwriter
The Realm of the Gods and Eragon at the same time

slashwristbarbi
I just got The Catcher in the Rye 2day & so far it's great!

MsFit
I finished catcher in the rye a few weeks back. I quite liked it as well.

At the mo I am reading Stephen King's 'It' which is going great; and 'Les Liasons Dangereuses' by Choderlos De Laclos. rolling on floor laughing

slashwristbarbi
I read IT over a year ago and i still feel scared of that bloody clown today! Great book, though.

shanie623
The Catcher And The Rye... I remember finding it in my late aunt's old room when I was nine and I read it. I never really understood it because I was quite young embarrasment But last year (11th grade) my English teacher assigned us to read it and I finally understood it. I couldn't believe it was the same book I read when I was 9 eek! It was good, humurous, and fun smile

Trinity_Matrix
Right now I'm reading Nerilka's Story by Anne McCaffrey.

Pegasus
I am currently reading the third book in a seris called 'Protector of the Small' by Tamora Pierce. Entitled 'Squire'. Its really good like all of the other books in the series.

dystopia
The Plague by Albert Camus

airangel429
The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien big grin

RonzMyBoy
The Hobbit (I hope you people know who that's by)

Trinity_Matrix
I finished my book and once again find myself with nothing new to read...I need to go back to the bookstore (even though I was just there on Sunday). But at the moment I'm rereading Dune.

Laviera_j
I am reading several! Take over; Charmed Circle; Ash a secret History; and I am re-reading Harry Potter 5, also Wuthering Heights for school!

BingaBonga
I'm STILL reading The Silmarillion... oh well, it's wonderful

Gotwa
The Crossroads of Twilight By Robert Jordan. Wheel of Time series, Book 10.

shanie623
I just finished reading the first part of the Queer As Folk novels, "Every Nine Second" yesterday. Bought it yesterday too with the Harry Potter Scholastic books boxset (Quidditch Through The Ages, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them), and the second Queer As Folk novel, "Never Tear Us Apart"

As of right now, I just started reading "Never Tear Us Apart" (QAF 2nd Novel), and I'm currently in the middle of chapter 4. =)

Striel
Right now I am reading The Drawing of the Three, by Stephen King.

Writer86
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
1984 by George Orwell
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The first one I just bought, the second I've been reading off and on for serveral months, and the last two are for school. Lots of reading to do.

airangel429
The Two Towers. I read it many years ago and I wanted to re-read it...to see what was different in the movies etc. big grin

Paola
Sorry bout my ignorance but..... how old are the Lord of the Rings books???? embarrasment

Vampiree
i'm now reading lotr 1 embarrasment for the first time embarrasment please don't kill me embarrasment

Writer86
Paola: LotR was published 1954-1955.

BOPRecruit 16
when i'm not reading x2, i'm checking out the first volume of shonen jump's "rurouni kenshin".

Sc0rchy
brothers karamazov

Predator 89
I'm reading Dune:The Machine crusade

Lord Soth
Tanis, the Shadow Years by Barbara and Scott Siegel

metal face
fast food nation, then

lullaby-Chuck Palahniuk

chuck is a wicked author

maybe not for all, but theyre funny as hell and are all very interesting

alright, fight club was a book before it was a movie he wrote the book

have fun doggies, peace

Vampiree
czornyj mag by michail bulhakow big grin

BingaBonga
Only 9 pages left to read... I must savor them... reading

kohl
wondrous book. as for me, to have and have not (ernest hemingway)

Lord Soth
The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown. I just started today, and i'm hooked. The book's just mind-boggling!!

Corlindel
Who killed Palomino Molero - Mario Vargas Llosa

kiyana_ayame
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Clofer. Abolutely amazing and i advise every one to read it, you'll love it.

Lord Soth
Just started Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. It's pretty god so far, I like how they keep so many secrets, it's a secret mind-hook

Trang
I'm currently reading this book called: Romance of the Three Kingdoms by: Luo, Guanzhong. It's a fiction book.

badkittykitty
Is the video game based on that?..Im addicted to that game.

boxofdeath
the bible.

Lord Soth
Night of Blood by Richard A. Knaak

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>