SABRE DUEL- yerssot vs. queeq

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
THE SET-UP: Jedi Knight Yerssot, trying to find his lost friends on the remote, pirate infested world of Jaglon Beta, has become wounded in a fight with the pirates, and has tried to find refuge in Jaglon's one settlement.

However, evil agents in that city are trying to eliminate the resident Jedi, that Yerssot has been unable to find. The new arrival is just as hunted as the ones already there. Dark Warrior Quam (queeq), at the behest of his Master Kuylen, is trying to find Jedi who are on their own, so they an be eliminated. When he discovers there is a wounded, isolated Jedi in the settlement, he wastes no time trying to find him...

Yerssot is cornered in a room in a small hotel. He cuts his way through a window to leap onto the roof, but at the same time he leaps Quam leaps from the alleyway below onto the roof as well! Their sabres clash in mid-air before they meet on the roof. Battle follows almost immediately.

HOW THIS WORKS: Same way as last time; go check the last thread for the full rules. Each player takes it in turns to attack and defend; the player who does best (a combination of random factor, quality of post and skill of the character) scores a point; first to five points wins so long as you win by two clear points; margin by which you win is how badly you hurt your opponent. Either player may try to flee at any time.

ANALYSIS: An experienced dark warrior vs. a fully-trained Jedi Knight. An even battle in most circumstances, but Yerssot's wound may count against him at a critical moment.

Quam is the attacker and makes the first move. After yerssot makes his defence and points are scored, yerssot becomes the attacker, and so on and so forth.

Score: Quam- 0 Yerssot- 0. Quam to attack

queeq
With a short violent blow with his purple lightsabre Quam drives the young Jedi two steps back, before he steps back himself, studying the wound.

"Quite an entrance...I think stealth is a concept unknown to you."

Slowly Quam takes out his second lightsabre and ignites the blacklight glow.

Ushgarak
(NOTE: This is pre-fight posturing. Scoring has not started yet. Nor will it until Quam strokes with intent to kill.

Yerssot, please feel free to posture back.

yerssot
got 5minutes before I leave:

"Stealth? I felt your presence when I arrived at this planet. Now, fall back before you get yourself hurt..."

When Quam gets his second lightsabre Yerssot sights
"Not again! Don't you guys have anything better to do?"

queeq
"Allright.", Quam replies with a vile smile as he switches off his purple sabre and slides it back into place underneath his left arm.
With both hands on the blacklight sabre, Quam begins to circle his prey like a black panther.

"Nog even en je stapt over naar mijn kant, de kant van het duister, een paar slagen heen en weer om de spelmeester tevreden te stellen, maar dan is het zover", Quam spoke in a strange language, clearly amused by the situation.

yerssot
"Don't speak like that! You won't hypnothise me with it!"
Yerssot speaks as he is looking into Quams eyes...
He starts to move more nervously around...

queeq
"It's already happening..."
Quam jumps up into the air, lashing out at yersott. As he lands behind him he swirls and kicks at yersott's back.

yerssot
Yerssot falls down but with a quick jump he lands on his two feet again. After that he takes a few steps away from Quam... concentrating so that it will not happen again

queeq
"I have been waiting for you, young yersott. I think it's time to complete the training I started. Embrace the dark side and join me. There's much work to be done."

yerssot
It came all back to him, the training when he was very young by someone he couldn't remember that well... so... his name was Quam; his best friend those days...

"I will never join the Dark Side!"
Yerssot shouts out, he is now moving around very nervously...

Ushgarak
(I hoped you talked that over with queeq! Because he can invalidate it if he wished. I guess this makes you pretty young as well, yerssot, because Quam isn't THAT old)

queeq
(Very young in the Force that is. wink )

Quam jumps towards yerssot and slams his lightsabre on his opponnent's, forcing him down to the ground. With his one hand he poked in yersott's wound, causing incruciating pains.
"I feel your anger, I see blood on your hands. It is your destiny...."

yerssot
Yerssot could easily block the lightsabre; but he screams it out when Quam is poking in his wound.

"There is no anger there is peace..."
Yerssot said, while trying to calm his mind...
He rolled away from Quam but almost fell down on his left knee, cause the pain in his side was getting bigger and bigger.

queeq
"Peace gives you no real power. Trust me. I know." Quam hissed at the young Jedi. Force speed brought him alongside to yersott.

"Give in your anger. I will give you strength", Quam pointed his lightsabre at yersott's neck.

yerssot
Yerssot roles away, away from the lightsabre....

"There is no emotion, there is the Force..."

He lets his lightsabre stand in the guard-position...

queeq
"You still don't get it, do you. But you will.."Quam force pushes yersotts violently backward, dropping him down dangerously near the edge of the roof.

yerssot
Yerssot jumps back on his feet, when he did that he grabs his lightsabre using the Force to do that.

"Is that all you can do?"
A big grin on his face

queeq
"Oh nooo, my young apprentice..... that is just an excercise to warm up."

yerssot
"I was hoping you would say that... old man."
Yerssot said, getting very nervously about the strange behavior of Quam.

Yerssot makes a quick arm movement, so the light of the sabre displayed a long circle

Ushgarak
Very entertaining!

However, you'd best make a genuine blow now, queeq. This fight is meant to be contemporary with Gundy's duel against Kuylen, which is already in its fourth round.

FAIR WARNING TO BOTH PARTIES: This fight and all others being fought at this point) is time-limited. The duels now being fought are desinged to give everyone a taste of genuine sabre battle without a big loss of actually being killed before the story reaches its climax.

It also gives a good opportunity for grudges to be created...

And sorry, guys, but I'll be busy for a couple of days (so I guess you can play around a LITTLE longer...).

queeq
"So be it... Jedi". Quam ignites his second sabre and starts hammering into yersott's sabre one by one, driving the wounded Jedi closer to the edge of the roof.

yerssot
Terrified by the attacks, Yerssot takes a few steps back... suddenly he slips and falls. He has just the time to grab the roof.
Yerssot looks towards Quam, fear and hate flames in his eyes.
With a magnificent jump he jumps over Quam and he begins to slash with pure power on Quam who can deflect the attacks.

Yerssot rolls, jumps and slashes... hate comes flowing through him

Ushgarak
Just quickly nipping back- from here that sounds a fair depcitiob of what happens. Quam wins the first round and yerssot has already described his attack for round two.

Score: Quam- 1. Yerssot- 0. Quam to defend against yerssot's attack.

yerssot
Yerssot Force-pushes Quam a few metres away... quickly after that he slides towards Quam and he slashes with his sabre from Quams left knee to his right shoulder...
He has more hate and anger in him than he had ever before. He hates this person, he hates the Sith and the Dark Jedi. All the memories came back, memories he wished to forgot. The plane that started it all, the crash... there was something dark about that, and then on Hoth he had his training, learning good and evil, Jedi and Sith... he blamed the Sith for the crash. And now he was fighting one,... Yerssot will have his revange on the Sith, sooner or later...

queeq
"Good.... very good. Feel that? Feel that hate, that is what gave you power to push me back. Now release it and you shall become more powerful than you can ever imagine."

Like lightning Quam draws his tommy blaster, fires it near yersott who is blinded by the intense light. The force from the blast is huge. Within a blink of and eye, Quam is at his side kicking him at his wound and starting to hammer away with his sabres. The sabres are like a Malastarian clockwork: perfectly synchronised. And still every variation is taken into account, any defensive or offensive move by his opponent.

Ushgarak
As far as I can tell, score is:

Quam: 2, Yerssot: 0

Quam has just attacked; your post now to defend, yerssot.

yerssot
Screaming of pain Yerssots Force-pushes Quam backwards...
"I will kill you! I shall kill everyone!" He screams outraged.
Yerssot tightens his grip and releases pure anger on Quam.
"You shall suffer!"
A series of hard blows towards Quam, even he has trouble now keeping up the pace...

queeq
Quam then parries yersott's blow with his purple sabre and Force jumps high over yersott, landing on the next roof. A big smile on Quam's face shows his content.

"Excellent! Now do you see what you can do! That is strength, boy. THAT is power! And there's much more...."

EDITED- Sorry, queeq, no lightning! The Mysteries of the Sith are not yours to know...

yerssot
EDITED- reply no longer relevant.

Ushgarak
Quam is clearly proving the superior in this fight; yerssot is hampered by his wound, and the agonising confusion of emotions he has felt since the failure of his mission to protect Derin. QUam has easily avoided yerssot's clumsy attack and can take the initiative again.

Socre: Quam- 3, yerssot- 0. Quam to attack.

queeq
EDITED- Blanked at queeq's request.

queeq
(Sorry little misunderstanding)

A quick blast from the tommy blaster caused a lot of light and smoke in front of yerssot. More than enough time for Quam to jump back to yerssot, kick him in the side and slam his blacklight sabre powerfully against yersott's in an attempt to strike it from the Jedi's hands.

yerssot

Ushgarak
By the Force, Quam, this Jedi CAN fight after all! The blow is more surprising than painful, and you are ready to meet whatever the Jedi throws at you next0 which could well be his last effort...

Score: Quam- 3, yerssot- 1. yerssot to attack.

Meanwhile, pirate security guards are climbing onto the rooftops in large numbers!

phinney6
EDITED: Sorry, Phinney, but you ar not actually in a position to enter the fight (much as yerssot needs the help)

Right now, you are trying to get on board a ship leaving the planet... the Light Side threasd is the right place to keep playing.

queeq
Quam recovers from the blow quickly. "Excellent! Now you feel what your hate can do."
With two sabres ignited, Quam slashes his purple sabre from right to left against yersott's sabre, as he stabs his blacklight sabre at yersott's chest underneath the lightbolt coming forth from the clashing sabres.

yerssot
Yerssot Force-jumps over Quam, and he kicks him away... then he rolls towards the evil Jedi and while getting up he slams the sabre from underneath-right to upper-left using all his strenght... after that he quickly stabs towards Quams stomach...

Ushgarak
The blow is lightning-fast and well co-ordinated, but as you stretch your body upeards for the stroke, your wound tears open! The grimace gives Quam plenty of warning of your blow, which he easily didges beforte pressing home his advantage...

Score: Quam 4, yerssot 1. Quam to attack for match point!

Yerssot, I highly recommend you attempt to flee now. Aside from anything else it will soon be impossible. Post now if you wish to run.

yerssot
Yerssot flees!

He quickly force-pushes Quam away, very very quickly after that he uses the Force-speed to run of the roof. With the Force as his ally he runs and jumps over the roofs...

Ushgarak
Ok! Yerssot has declared he wishes to flee. To remind people how this works:

Scores are no reset to zero.

First to two wins

If Queeq reaches two, yerssot is toast
If yerssot reaches two, he has escaped.

I'll warn you both now, there is no time to reach either, so it's more a matter of yerssot getting back pride or queeq rubbing it in now.

Score: Quam: 0, yerssot, 0. Yerssot is fleeing! Quam to attack.

Meanwhile, the rooftops are now packed with security guards- yerssot, they are led by the same man wit the repeater rifle as earlier, which Quam again recognises as Pelloran's personal killer...

queeq
With a powerful combination of Force Jump and Force Speed Quam easily catches up with the wounded Jedi. With both sabres slashing simultaneously at him, one low from the left and one higher from the right, Quam charges yerssot.
"Give your self to the Dark Side. I will then save you from these guards..."

yerssot
Yerssot sees the danger and concentrates himself. When Quam comes close he lets himself fall down into a quick footsweep but not before he had slashed the lowest sabre away.
After that he rolls to Quams side and he kicks him in the back; after that he slashes to his waist...

queeq
EDITED- Bad timing as queeq and myself posted at the same time. Queeq has pretty much proven his point anyway...

Ushgarak
You batter the sabre away and kick queeq, but with his momentum the blow is not that great, and he easily parries your blow with his other sabre. And this isn't helping you escape...

Score: Quam- 1, Yerssot- 0. Yerssot is fleeing!

However...

Guards now surround you both in all directions. And Arashan, Pelloran's assassin, stands in front of them all. He watches the last few blows of the fight with interest, before receviing a message from Hade, the security chief upstairs.

"Kill them both," he says, levelling his gun and firing, an action repeated by all the others.

This bring the fight to a premature end, as predicted! I will now make seperate posts in Light and Dark side areas via which you two can re-join your main threads...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.