The Mothman Prophesies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
Has anyone seen the Mothman Prophesies? I can't seem to find a copy. Is it very unsettling? I loathe moths, and the idea of a huge moth is truly horrifying! I have heard of the real life accounts of Mothman.

zombieman
Its quite interesting in parts but you sort of slowly lose interest towards the end. Noot really that unsettling or scary, kinda plays on your mind a little bit tho. All in all an average movie, one to rent rather than buy.

shaber
Thankyou.

HockeyFace
It was great... if you like or understand cryptozoology.

Evil Dead
I own it on dvd........never thought it was too hard to find. You can purchase a copy at walmart where I live.

Striel
I have the movie too... I ave seen it at many places such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Target.

The movie creeps me out because I live in a rural area and it reminds me of the woods around here.

HockeyFace
WHAT! A dump like Pittsburgh reminds you of a rural area!

Striel
I am talking about the wooded areas... the scenes that are supposed to be in West Virginia.

HockeyFace
Yeah West Virginia... IT WAS FILMED IN PITTSBURGH!

Striel
Your point being? Have you been to Virginia or West Virginia? It looked a lot like it. THAT is MY point.

HockeyFace
Yes, I have been to West Virginia. In fact I drove across the bridge that broke.

Evil Dead
well, why don't we just argue about the filming locations of movies not looking like the actual cities they are meant to portray.

My opinion.......they did a great job depicting the small town look of a west virginia city, no matter where they filmed it.

HockeyFace
Oh yes, I know... I just needed to get some shots in on this dump I live in.

SaTsuJiN
LoLz its not a mawth... but I do recommend the movie.. its one of those suspense/chiller movies. I totally agree about the creep factor striel stick out tongue

mechmoggy
I didn't think much of it to be honest.

Maybe I was expecting too much because of all the hype it got.

shaber
It was a tiny bit unsettling, I suppose through being so confusing. I presume that it kept shifting to the Mothman's perspective? confused

Punker69
I couldnt getv scared becuz I didnt have anything to get scared about.I mean what is this stupid thing?Is he an alien and monster a spirit?I dont know!!!Its the worst horror movie ever!!!!

samhain
I think that Kubrick did a good job making the London docklands look like Vietnam in Full Metal Jacket.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.