read between the lines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

neo_dragon
i was just thinking about all the negative press that revolutions received, it seems to me that some of them just didn't get it. i was thinking of the final battle between smith and neo as armageddon, then the end is just Revelations chapter 21 (the new creation, "It is DONE", alpha and omega, etc.) then some other things came to memory, especially the line in the first movie when morpheus tells neo "you'll be more powerful than they can ever be" or something to that effect, in reference to the agents. what i'd say to the critics (and i have to people i work with that didn't get the ending) is that the ending was always hinted at. even though many references to other religions and religious concepts, the matrix is basically a christ allegory. anyway, these are just my thoughts on it.

Sifer
There is far more allegory than can be explained in one post smile

JKozzy
Here here! yes

mailedbypostman
Agreed. big grin

The Omega

mook
i think alot of people who didnt like M2+M3 probably didnt want to look deeper and think about it- they wanted 2 hollywood sequels and a nice, definite, easy ending. instead they got a lot of references to various things (myths/religions etc) and ambiguity.

Sifer
mook - you hit the nail on the ****ing head. That has ALWAYS been the purpose for people not liking these movies from the beginning to the end.

JediHDM
Omega, and everyone else>The end of the Matrix was a blend of stories and religious beliefs...there is the Death of Arthur from legend, there is the allusion to the "Second coming of Christ" from revelations, and there is the buddhist, "everyman reaching divinity" in the form of the lotus blossom...i will agree that there are allusions to Christianity, but the whole thing is NOT a Christian Allegory; it is more of a concatenation of religious stories and beliefs in one man...

Sifer
Read "Tao of Jeet Kune Do" by Bruce Lee. One of many sources of inspiration for the Matrix movies - I guarantee it.

A famous line from Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon is also relevant:

"Don't look at the finger, or you will miss aaall the heavenly glory."

mook
Sifer>mook - you hit the nail on the ****ing head.
smile

JediHDM>The end of the Matrix was a blend of stories and religious beliefs...there is the Death of Arthur from legend, there is the allusion to the "Second coming of Christ" from revelations, and there is the buddhist, "everyman reaching divinity" in the form of the lotus blossom...i will agree that there are allusions to Christianity, but the whole thing is NOT a Christian Allegory; it is more of a concatenation of religious stories and beliefs in one man...

jediHDM, you hit the nail on the head!

Sifer
There is more to the end of the Matrix than what Jedi has put. It is NOT just references to religious stories and beliefs, it is a blend of MUCH more than religion. Religion is just the easiest to pick up on because it is drilled into our minds when we are younger.

The Omega

Verity
What's funny is...even though it got bad reviews, they still can't stop talking about it.....I still hear many ppl babbling on about what it meant! roll eyes (sarcastic)

mailedbypostman
big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.