Kurt Cobains death...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_rock_chic

crazy_c
i donno its confusingness i never knew that stuff

smittenkitten
I would have to see legit sources for the above information before making a decision....a 'New York newspaper' is rather vague.

-Smitten Kitten-

Bhang
I think he is not really dead, he is living with Jim Morrison, and Elvis laughing out loud

el_barto
wow those are some realy good points

loserib
nobody will ever really know

Killer
hmmm.....

boxofdeath
Kurt Cobain died?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Killer
haha

Evil Dead
Don't forget the fact that Kurt shot himself in the head with a shotgun. To do this at the angle the gun held, Kurt would have had to pull the trigger with his big toe. Kurt was found dead......wearing tennis shoes. How the hell did he pull the trigger?

Watch the documentary Kurt and Courtney..........it has most of everything mentioned above, with sources given. It even has the interview with El Duce where he stated that Courtney had offered to pay him to kill Kurt..........and ofcourse two weeks later he was dead.

grymlock
huh

cheers!!

mook
why was Kurt Cobain always getting in arguments?

cos he was always shooting his mouth off!

Bad Boy
Here we go again!

HE'S DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Dead
NOBODY SAID HE WASN"T!!!!!!

ofcourse he's dead.........it's hard to live with half of your head blown off now isn't it.

crazy_rock_chic
We know Kurt is dead! no1 sed he wasnt

smittenkitten
Yeah, I think you guys missed the point...I will spell it out for you:

HE'S DEAD = GET OVER IT.

Sure, it was a tragedy, but obviously his death will not be investigated, so why don't you just stop beating a dead horse (or, in this case, a dead rock star) and move on? I'm sure it would be better for your mental health, anyway.

-Smitten Kitten-

diegocala
He is dead?

Evil Dead
exactly the point..........his death never will be investigated, and it should be.

He's dead........nothing can change that. This however does not mean that the millions of fans of a rock icon can not discuss the events surrounding his death. This in not beating a dead horse..........it is merely discussion on a subject with so many loose ends it breeds discussion. If you do not wish to read it........hit the "back" button on your browser window.

mental health? OH KAY..............so people must have mental health problems to discuss the mysterious surroundings of a rock icon's death? It's not like Tupac or somebody who just plain got shot up by an assailant..................

crazy_rock_chic
^Evil Dead is right,just coz he's dead it dusnt mean we cant discuss his death

smittenkitten
I was merely clarifying what BadBoy was trying to say.

'mental health? OH KAY..............so people must have mental health problems to discuss the mysterious surroundings of a rock icon's death? It's not like Tupac or somebody who just plain got shot up by an assailant..................'

Are you implying that *not* moving on eventually from the death of someone is good for mental health?

I think you're putting words in my posts that aren't there and reading things between the lines that aren't there. I never said most of what you claim I said. In short, I think you're very, very confused.

-Smitten Kitten-

Evil Dead
exactly how is discussing the circumstances surrounding a celebrities death "not moving on".........nobody is in here crying "blah blah, we miss Kurt, blah blah, he was so loved, blah blah"...........I believe you are the one confused.

Let's see.......you posted about "beating a dead horse"......you posted about "would be better for your mental health"......yep, it's all there. I wasn't confused a bit. You said everything I posted you said.

smittenkitten

Evil Dead
If you did not think they were greiving, why did you post that they need to "move on" to better their mental health? If you in any way thought you were being facetious or condescending......you wern't. I see you took the time to look up the definitions of the words.........now see if you can learn how they are applied in the English language. You did not post one condescending or facetious remark. You simply made the argument that people who post about the events surrounding Kurt's death are beating a dead horse and need to move on with their lives to better their mental health. Perhaps you need to go back to your dictionary and look up different words to adequately define the intentions of your posts.

smittenkitten
If you did not catch the condescension or facetiousness, it certainly isn't my problem. I can't be held accountable for your lack of ability to comprehend. Just don't try to tell me what inflections are or are not present in my posts; I hardly think you have the authority to determine that (because, of course, you are not me).

Furthermore, how could I possibly just pull those words out of my ass were I not already well versed in their meanings? I merely used the definitions from webster.com to support my argument.

Let me post this again, because apparently you did not see it, or if you did, you didn't address it. Truly, this is the pith of my last message:

Did you seriously think I thought several of the geniuses on this board were actually grieving over the death of Kurt Cobain? It's okay if you don't like me, but to imply I'm that much of an idiot? Heh, sure thing.

Okay, it has been fun. Now you can continue flaming me if you want, in pathetic attempts to tell me what I was saying, and I'm sure you'll think you'll be winning because I don't respond, but sleep easy knowing that you've just bored me into leaving this thread in all it's pitiable inanity.

Ta ta, darling. Do take care.

-Smitten Kitten-

diegocala
bla, bla, bla

claidisa_felton
i definately now believe she killed him. i thought it before but now im dead set.

loserib
**** it she if she did she got away with it and thats all that matters now

sauron

el_barto
we also have to take into acount the people who reported these things were FREAKS so not all of this can be true

Darth Jello
first of all, anyone who believes a word of what Allen Wrench or El Duce says have a problem with gullibility. second, it was a .45 pistol, not a shotgun (they called courtney in to identify a body, not a headless mess). third, her life is in tatters right now anyway, who cares

Darth Jello
and for the curious, nirvana officially broke up on 3/30/94

diegocala
And Kurt did the same on April 5, 1994

diegocala
Wrong! Contact perforating shotgun wound to the head

loserib
she is about to release her solo cd and from what i have heard off it its not that bad

TrAnCeDuO
lets not forget that some of this stuff might be from the national star...

Darth Jello
OK, do any of you know who the mentors are?!? if you did, you would know that believing a word of what el duce or allen wrench say is very ill advised

Darth Jello
according to the official police report, el duce got drunk and fell asleep on the railroad tracks THIS IS TYPICAL OF HIM!!!

slashwristbarbi
I havent read all this thread, but I have read most of it, and has no-one mentioned the Rome suicide attempt which occured not long before Kurt succeeded in killing himself? There were also a number of times he came close to death, mainly through heroin overdose, but was ressucitated (sic), most of the time by Courtney herself. And its quite well known many of Kurts family had commited suicide in the past. I know suicide is not heriditary, but some cases of mental health are, and the Kurt was extremly depressed I dont think any of us can deny. Basically, I think Kurt killed himself, had been planning it for a long time, and it was probably unavoidable. Hell yeah, its sad that he died. We lost a great artist and inspirational figure. But in my poinion ( and this is only my opinion) many people simply cant believe that such a great man would kill himself, and want some one to blame. But I think that if the case was going to be investigated, it wud have happened by now. The best thing to do would be to remember Kurt for his fantasitic music, and not the darker, sadder part of his life, or death.

sauron
did anyone say how he was wearing trainers

how do you shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun when wearing trainers

Doohass
The Gun he used is a Remington m-11, 20 Gauge Semi-Automatic Shotgun. Here's the site with more information then you may want.
http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/crime_scene.shtml

amity75
He's dead, he's not coming back, it was suicide and it was what he wanted. People tried to help him before it and he rejected that help. It was his choice and a very selfish one at that considering he had a young child who he knew was going to be left alone with that arsehole Courtney. How long is it before we read the headlines "Francis Bean Cobain: My drink and drugs hell"?

Barf Heaven
That could easily be a load of bull, you know. There are always people who will do just about anything to get attention.

Anyways, like amity said, he's dead now and there's nothing to do about it. One thing that really irritates me is when people make a huge deal over stuff like this just because it was a celebrity that it happened to. If the guy down the street shot himself, nobody'd think twice about it. People just don't want to believe that a guy who was famous for creating great music was suicidal.

Darth Jello
anyone who thinks el duce or any one of the mentors (other than rozz rezabek) is credible must be high. nick broomfield isn't exactly respectable film maker either

Doohass
Yeah, on the PI's website, he says there's no credibility in his statements. He said it just to promote his band.

SAtown_punk
Regardless of that, the fact still remains that there is a lot of controversy regarding Kurt's "suicide." I think a full investigation needs to be opened back up, if for nothing else, for closure for Kurt's family.

mook
true but Courtney is family and probably doesnt want an inquest and the rest of his family probably wants to avoid the media circus that would ensue.

i still have my doubts about if it was suicide but everyone likes a conspiracy.

Doohass
If the case would be reopened I think it would be from a federal level. SPD would never reopen it because it would make them look bad.

Evil Dead
" If the guy down the street shot himself, nobody'd think twice about it. People just don't want to believe that a guy who was famous for creating great music was suicidal."

I disagree...........if the guy down the street somehow used his toe to pull the trigger of a shotgun to commit suicide, while wearing tennis shoes.......I would be very intrigued. I believe I would think more than twice about it.

KMC
There's always controversy surrounding suicides esp. the ones of icons. I personally think Courtney Love is an idiot and to me it does seem suspicious but what do i know? I'm not going to obsess over it for the rest of my life, i'll listen to their records and enjoy them, nothing more nothing less.
Dont argue about how he died, just realise that he made a mark, No!- more like a bloody big indent on the music industry that i very much doubt will be forgotten.

'Nuff said.

Kate xx

SAtown_punk
Courtney Love's father thinks she killed Kurt!

amity75
I don't think Courtney had the brains to organise to get Kurt killed and deny all involvement afterwards.

Jeff_Atello
Sure she does. It doesn't take much brains to hire a hitman and deny, deny, deny.

slashwristbarbi
Courtney Love's father allegedly gave her LSD at the age of three. He was also a pothead who tried to use his 'connections' with the Gratefull Dead to get him what he wanted. Not exactly a credable source. There was a long history of suicide in Kurt's family, his own depression is well documented, and lets not forget his suicide attempt in Rome prior to his death. Did Courtney force-feed him rhyphonal? (sic?) Yes, its incredably sad that Kurt is gone, and many people simply find it quite hard to believe. But he was depressed and he took the final step in killing himself. Instead of obsessing over his death we should focus on his life, and the things that truelly made him great. RIP, Kurt.

Evil Dead
Kurt's overdose wasn't a suicide attempt............

big news for you here.......HE WAS A DRUG ADDICT....he took too much, he overdosed. Only after he was dead did some people wonder "could this have been a previous suicide attempt?"........I've been a die hard Nirvana fan for 13 years, I remember both instances very clearly as any Nirvana fan at the time does. Stop going back and trying to create a revisionist's history......nobody ever mentioned the words suicide attempt until after he was dead (and few did even then as everybody close to Kurt who had talked to him as well as the news media said it was an accidental overdose)...............I'm sure since you're so up on the subject that you can remember it very clearly, stop making crap up.

talk about what you know.......don't try to make up facts to support your opinion.

loserib
just cuese someone is a pothead doese not meen they are any less credibal

incuhead1024
kurt did overdose, there was so much heroin in his system that police say he couldn't even blink an eye.. let alone shoot a gun. there were no fingerprints on the gun, and the police say that the way his feet were positioned and especially no fingerprints on the gun, it's ridiculous that it was supposedly suicide, he was basically dead from ODing.

amity75
He chose to die. He had the money and the means to sort himself out, get off heroin and even disappear and go and live in Tibet or something if he so wished but he chose not to. I know heroin addicts who would love to get off it but can't because they can't afford the world class clinics that superstars can and because they have nothing else in their lives - no home, no family etc. Kurt had lots of options and yet he chose the most selfish, stupid one and people should remember that.

samhain
Also, Divine Brown's pimp was the one who introduced Nick Broomfield to El Duce. Do you think he used his 'Hollywood' connections to get news of El Duce's willingness to talk back to Courtney?

Jeff_Atello
Kurt was going to get out and divorce Courtney Love, and many people have speculated that Kurt's suicide note was really a note explaining why he was leaving Nirvava. The last part, about him killing himself, is in different handwriting.

Explain to me this...If Kurt had 4 times the normal amount of Heroin is his system, how the hell could he put all his utensils back up nice and neat and still live to pull the trigger? And how could he pull the trigger with his foot when he had tennis shoes on? Too many things don't add up here, and there is no mistaking that.

loserib
this just in

LONDON (Reuters) - In the months before he shot himself, American rock legend Kurt Cobain was considering quitting his band Nirvana to work with his wife, singer Courtney Love (news), according to a previously unpublished interview.

Nirvana's tragic frontman said he had a stronger musical affinity with Love's own band, Hole, than he had found with any other musicians, according to Britain's "Uncut" magazine, which will publish the interview next Monday ahead of the 10th anniversary of his death.

"I'd like to (collaborate with Love)," he said in the interview eight months before his suicide. "But to tell you the truth, I would rather just quit my band and join Hole.

"When I have played music with them, there's a level of connection that's a little bit higher than with anyone else I ever played with," he added.

Nirvana's surviving founders, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic (news), have had a turbulent relationship with Cobain's widow, clashing with her in court over the band's musical legacy.

Cobain, 27, killed himself with a shotgun in April 1994 in his Seattle home, where he was recovering from a drug and alcohol overdose.

With punk-influenced music and angst-ridden lyrics, Nirvana led the grunge movement that emerged from Seattle to become one of the most powerful forces in 1990s rock.

Cobain said in the interview, originally intended for French television, that he was thinking of moving away from his grunge roots toward acoustic music.

"It might be nice to start playing acoustic guitar and be thought of as a singer and a songwriter, rather than a grunge rocker," he said. "I could sit down on a chair and play acoustic guitar like Johnny Cash (news) or something, and it won't be a big joke."

does not sound like he ahd anyplans of divorcing love since he was planing on joining hole

Jeff_Atello
That waqs 7 months before. A lot can change in 7 months. He supposedly told dave and Krist that he was planning on divorcing her, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that there are too many holes in his "suicide" to rule out homicide.

Evil Dead
It doesn't matter. Kurt's dead now. Did he kill himself? Probably not.....doesn't matter, he's equally as dead.

If he didn't commit suicide, he sure didn't act in any manner that would lead people to believe that he couldn't possibly have committed suicide. He was openly depressed about his fame, openly depressed about his health (stomach), openly depressed about being a drug addict. Hell....he even wrote and recorded the song "I hate myself and want to die".............

To tell the truth........he probably did want to die. I'm a huge Nirvana fan and I can admit it. Even if he didn't kill himself (which I think he didn't....I believe he lacked the scrotum to do such), nobody was doing him a huge dis-service by killing him. He was clearly not happy and went so far as to write a song about not being happy and wanting to die...........perhaps somebody thought they were doing him a favor.

As I said......none is important now. If he had lived, he would not have continued to make the music we all love. We would only have the Nirvana work that he had already recorded..........basically the exact same music we have now in his death. It is still great......and us fans still miss him. The situation would be the same if he had retired and lived on a ranch in Montana. The only person who really has a right to be upset by this is Francis............she is the only one who really lost something. For the rest of us, nothing is different in his death than it would have been if he were still alive.

amity75
I'd have hated to see him alive but losing his creativeness and drive and producing sub standard material and being thoroughly unhappy. Maybe he went at the best time, for him and us.

Jeff_Atello
I thought there was no song called "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" and it was actually "You Know You're Right."

Evil Dead
wrong.........

I have the song........it's the second song on my Pennyroyal tea single. The song was called "I hate myself and want to die".........

The single was released just when Kurt died. It was quickly recalled because of the song. That is why the single is so rare.

Jeff_Atello
Ok. Thank's for clearing that up for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.