Which sequel should never have been made??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
Dunno if theres already been a thread on this but ill go for any of the Nighmare on Elm Street's. wot u all think?

girneto^_^
Nah. NoES's were good. <.< Im thinking the Jason Flicks. It has been going to far. <.< Jason X w.t.f.

samhain
I disagree with you both to an extent. The Nightmare franchise was good up until parts 4 and onwards (New Nightmare was ok), and the Friday saga were all good with the notable exception of part 5, which, aside from being a carbon copy of part 3, did not even feature Jason, although the twist at the end was good(I mean the one where you find out that the killer is the paramedic, not when Tommy Jarvis puts on the mask).

My chioces for lame sequels are as follows:

Leprechaun 2
Bride of Chucky
The Un-namable returns
Hellraiser 2, 3, 4(& Hellraiser 1 if it counts) rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

shaber
What about the Fly 2, that was a disgrace!

Evil Dead
A Nightmare on Elm Street should have not had any sequels.

Yes, most of the sequels are entertaining....but not as horror movies. They are more comedy. This takes horror credibility away from the original movie, which was nothing like the sequels. There was a person on this very board who once said, "A Nightmare on Elm St. was funny"......I have no doubt in my mind that he must have been confusing the original movie with one of it's sequels as there is ZERO comedy in the original movie. It is a very dark horror film. It does not get the recognition it deserves because of it's watered down comedy sequels. Once Freddy Krueger became a one-liner spitting stand up comedian, most people forgot who the original Freddy Krueger was in the first movie........an evil, merciless, cold blooded killer.

A sequel may be entertaining......but should never be made if it takes away from the magic that was the original movie.

Other sequels that should not have been made:

Jaws 3,4
Halloween 3,4,5,6,7,8
Friday the 13th 2-Jason X
Phantasm 4
Scream 2,3
Carrie 2
Army of Darkness (same reason as NOES)
Return of the Living Dead 3
Hanibal
Amityville Horror 3,4
The Omen 4
Wishmaster 2,3,4
Candyman 2,3

shaber
Nightmare on Elm street Part 3 was like an intensified version of the original. After seeing part three, the original was comparitively light! Only four fatalities too! And the nuthutch setting in part three is nasty, blehhhh... At least the original was in a nice urban setting!

I thought that in the original Krugar was much weaker. The first victim was obviously a real struggle to overcome.

Evil Dead
oh lord......

You now rate movies on how many deaths are in them? I gues Jaws just sucks then because there are only 4 deaths in it aswell.

Part 3 is a farse of a movie. Fredy is a snake? He tries to eat Kristen....how gay. Freddy is a beautiful nurse who lures Joey away? how gay. This has nothing to do with the original concept of a merciless killer who stalks people in their dreams. Freddy is no longer a mysterious killer draped in shadow.........he has now become a comedian with a spotlight cast upon him.

"The first victim was obviously a real struggle to overcome."

I don't understaned that please elaborate. Freddy killed her in the most violent way possible. Slicing her up.....dragging her around the room and on the ceiling.....tossing her around like a ragdoll while killing her......then just dropping her lifeless body onto the bed with blood splattering everywhere. That is an excellent scene. It introduces us to what Freddy is........a violent psychopathic killer. He didn't take time to crack a joke.........or turn into a snake.....nothing.......just plain out mauled Tina.

Voorhees
from dusk till dawn 2 and 3 should never have been made

shaber
Freddy had to pounce on Tina and obviously exhaust himself in overcoming her. It took her a very long time to succumb.

The nurse thing was a bit obvious (who could fancy Joey?), but it was outlandish nonetheless. Freddy dealt with all the Dream Warriors in one stroke.

Part 2 though stuck out like a sore thumb. However did it fit in?

shaber
Yes, the Candyman 2 did take away the point really. The Candyman's descendants should have been WIPED OUT!!! Didn't the villagers realise it? The kids who the last one taught should have smashed her up!

Striel
The Amityville Horror 3, 4...etc
Carrie 2
American Psycho 2
Jason X
Hellraiser 5
Halloween 4,5

Evil Dead
Hellraiser 5 is excellent. It is far superior to any other sequel in the series.......including Hellbound which simply continued the original Hellraiser.

Inferno (Hellraiser 5) is more like the original movie than any other in the series. The entire movie is about a man full of lust and greed who searches for all the pleasure he can.........and opens Lemerchands Lament Configuration in search of more pleasure.......unwittingly opening the gates to hell, where he lives in torment the entire movie.

Pretty much the basis of the original movie.........Frank's greed as he searches to attain all the pleasure he can untill he gets ahold of the box.

tabby999
i think as soon as Quentin stopped writting the Dusk Till Dawn movies they should have stopped. end of story, thank you, see you later

and i must say after NOES 2 it all went downhill in a weak sad little fisseling flop that made the first 2 suffer as a result.
jaws on the other hand, was good, jaws 2 was ok, once again, after two, flopsville baby. and the Friday movies only got good bout ohhh 5 anyway

wicker_man
American Werewolf in Paris
The Amityville Horror 2 onwards
Children of the Living Dead
Halloween 2 onwards minus H20
Friday the 13th part 3 onwards
The Rage : Carrie 2
The Fly 2
Wishmaster 2, 3 & 4
Psycho 2 onwards (and the remake whilst on the subject)
Jaws 3 & 4
Aliens 3 & Resurrection
Exorcist 2 & 3
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 & TNG
Los Muretos : Vampires
Mimic 2

Evil Dead
I liked TCM: The Next Generation...............

sumunabeech
I'd have to go with Jason X, although the scene where he bangs the sleeping bags together had me rolling on teh floor.

xblanex
The ring 1

tabby999
i'm pretty sure the first movie cant be a sequel

samhain
How can you say that Psycho 2 is rubbish? Watch it again.
Exorcist 3, rubbish? Watch it again.
Halloween 2 onwards? With the exception of H20? I think you should watch them all again (and turn the sound up and open your eyes). rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

wicker_man
Exorcist 3, Psycho 2 both of which are merly to cash in on there sucessful predecessors nothing more and both are quite frankly uneccesary, i was happy with the ending of psycho as it left you wondering as for H20 , although again no where near as good as the original the ending of the first and the non - existence of chapters 2 - 5 would have been a great fitting for the intro of H20.

Evil Dead
This post was not meant for fanboys...........

The purpose of the thread is to discuss which sequels shouldn't have been made. They are correct........there was no reason to have any Halloween sequel past part 2. Part 2 finished the story from the first movie. That's it.........story's over. Michael Myers is dead. They never planned on doing another movie about him because his story was over with. This is why part 3 (Season of the Witch) is about the masks.....they wanted to use the Halloween name and branch it off into an anthology series like Tales From the Crypt.

The only reason why more Halloween movies were made about Michael Myers is because Halloween 3 bombed.......both at the box office and with horror fans.........not because there was more story to tell. This was evident from part 3 and their plans for the anthology series.

Meyer's story was over at the end of part 2..........they rehashed the concept for part 4-8 soly to make money........not to add to the story. This means that the sequels were not necissary. They actually take away from the effect of the first two movies, turning Meyers into the cliche, sequel loving horror slasher. Therefore they shouldn't have been made.

now open your eyes ..............and start viewing films for the plot and story presented.........not because your a fan boy of the series and just want to see another installment because you like them. Just because you watch a movie and are entertained does not mean the story is relevant or needed.

wicker_man
Most of us here know how the orignal Halloween ended, before seeing the sequel and after seeing the original i was happy to wonder what happend Micheal, not to go and get it spelt out in a follow up sequel, i merley stated H20 would have been an ideal follow up to the orignal.

HockeyFace
Actually I honestly believe H6 added to the story. I mean WE found out the motives of Michael Meyers and why he tried to kill Laurie.

Evil Dead
What's wrong with just plain ol' crazy? He was in a mental institution.......that's where he escaped from. Clearly the audience already knew he was crazy. No further motive necissary.

Laurie......at the end of part 2 she has survived her ordeal. She has beaten Meyers (with Dr. Loomis' help).........why do we need to know what happens to her 20 years later? Everything relevant to the original story had already been told. Crazy man escapes from mental hospital......kills people. Crazy man dies. End of story.

I swear to christ if they make another Nightmare on Elm St. movie about Jessie twenty years later I will burn my NOES dvds, all of them. He survived Freddy. Freddy possessed him.......with Lisa's help, he overcame Freddy. Okay........his story is ended. We don't need to know what happens to Jessie later........

samhain
I agree with you when you say that they should have stopped making Halloween films after part 2, but wickerman said that they should not have made part 2. I'll open my eyes when you learn how to read, and who said I was a fanboy? I didn't, but i don't automatically slag off a sequel just because it's cool to do so. rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed mad laughing out loud

Evil Dead
"Halloween 2 onwards? With the exception of H20? I think you should watch them all again (and turn the sound up and open your eyes). "

perhaps you should read your own post before hitting the "submit reply" button. You just told me you thought the other sequels were unnecissary.........yet in the quote above you were stating that they were all necissary and he needed to watch them again (with his eyes open) so he could understand why they were necissary.

It's now cool to "slag off a sequel"........sorry didn't know that. I'm out of the loop. Is that a new craze amongst kids today? Back when I was a kid we loved sequels. It was never "cool" to just write them off as unnecissary. Sorry, I don't keep up with the changing trends.

samhain
I never said that I liked part 3,4,5,6,7,8, I merely suggested that if wickerman didn't like part 2 that he should watch them all again as his judgement could be clouded. READ BETWEEN THE LINES YOU NERD.Bye now! rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed laughing out loud laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
TCM2..
havent seen it, but i KNOW it shouldnt have been made...

HockeyFace
Umm... I yes he kills people evil Dead... you said because he is crazy... well yes to a certain extent... but why does he focus on killing family the most? That is what I meant.

samhain
they explained that in part 6. A cult had put him up to it or something, I don't think they gave a reason why or if they did I don't remember. rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

wicker_man
In one of the deleted scenes of Halloween : Resurrection (on the DVD) theres a bit where the films main characters are looking through a photo album of Micheals early years i.e. when he was an infant, and it show Micheal already has some evil streak.

samhain
That could be why the cult chose him. rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

wicker_man
True although the directors comment stated that the scene was cut because it gave Micheal that human face but there was that scene in Halloween 5 where Micheal was having second thoughts about killing his niece.

DemonicGambit
Too many sequals to name no

ragesRemorse
Bordello of blood. Ruined a possibly good movie franchise

Alien- 3-4 destroyed a great movie franchise

Evil Dead
Bordello of Blood doesn't count as a sequel............it's part of an anthology series, every movie released under the "Tales from the Crypt" marquee are completely seperate movies in no way tied to the others..........just as the television show was, or Creepshow. That said.......it would not have hurt my feelings at all if Bordello of Blood had never been made. I think it was completely wrong to be released as Tales from the Crypt movie. Too much humor..........

agree 100% about Alien..............part 3 and 4 was just useless.

"Umm... I yes he kills people evil Dead... you said because he is crazy... well yes to a certain extent... but why does he focus on killing family the most? That is what I meant"

I know what you mean Hockeyface..........my point is that this story was not part of the original Halloween. In the original, all we know is that Michael Myers had killed his sister as a youngster and has lived his life in a mental institution.......now he has escaped and is killing people again. If memory serves.....we don't even find out that Laurie is his sister untill part 2.......there was no family connection in the first movie. She was just some random girl in no way connected to him.

The formula for the original movie was:
Insane killer escapes institution and stalks teenager in suburbia.

There was no family.........there was no story/mythology to the character.........he was just plain crazy.

samhain
correct. but they do take place on the same night(1&2) so it could be seen as part of the overall story. although I don't really think so. rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

ragesRemorse
I dont know man i think bordello of blood has to count for a sequal. It is another installment to the franchise. It also ruined any further intrest in the franchise. even though it isnt technically a sequal.

I think halloween 2 was decent sequal. It was a horror movie that actually elaborated on the original. It wasnt just another situation horror. Now 3,4,5,6 they are all useless sequals, but then if they are useless so are the nightmare's and friday's. So i guess the only useless sequal in that saga is number 3. Seeing how it had nothing to do with the movies.

eggmayo
ANOES 3,the Halloweens apart from 1+2,and all the exorcists

Vader
Superman 5 shitty, Rocky 5 shitty and so on, when a movie reaches part five you know is shitty

HockeyFace
How can anyone say Wishmaster 2 shouldn't have been made? The ending of the first leaves the whole thing so open to a sequal!

Lord Shadow Z
I despised 'From dusk till Dawn 2' because it's just more like a vampire comedy than the first one which was a gorefest and brilliant!

nightgirl76
hey i liked jason x. ok it wasn't scarry but it was pretty darn funny. maybe the next movie should be jason vs the terminator.

samhain
I still know what you did last summer,
psycho 3&4,
Leprechaun in space(I think it's part 4)

Punker69
How can they make movies so dum.Like Jason X.Lep 4.Its like they just want to make these incredibly stupid movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.