Spiderman,Ultimet Spiderman whats the difference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vagelis
Happy Dance laughing Whats the defference between spiderman and ultimet spiderman

Zephonim
Ultimate Spider-Man is an updated version of the original story. A few artists redid it around 2000.

juggernaut26
not to mention the girls in it are hotter and the action is better and the drawing is alot more telling

Eidolon
I'd have to say the Ulit Spidy is a bit more of a wuss then the old Spidy (mentaly as in spazing a bit to much over things, crying + moping after MJ broke up with him)

Zephonim
That is awesome though. The story also takes place in a different period of his life. In the original Peter was in college, in the new one he is just in High School. I think they capture him as a character much better.

Jade_Eyes
I dissagree with Zeph.

I dislike the way they are "recreating" these charactors. Its a cheap attempt to curry favor with this generation of kids. They might as well delete everything from before 2000 and start over.

The they use the all purpose explanation "This takes place in an ALTERNATE universe". Oh really, well thats different then.

metalruskie07
have they redone Elektro yet his history in amazing spiderman was terrific I hope they don't mess with it. itsn't the ultimate series just diff from the normal 616 universe?

Shorty2Forty
i like the original spidey better......not the old originals,the new ones like "amazing spiderman"

max
Amazing Spider-Man is good but i also like Peter parker Spider-Man.

Shorty2Forty
i do too i have comics from evry spiderman series

venomfan
well i dont know. i dont read ultimate spidey but i hear when carnage shows up he dies in the same series...lame

Hypester
Carnage doesn't show up yet and Venom doesn't actually die, he just appears to, but everyone with half a brain (unfortunately, Peter, being a teenager isn't one of them) knows he's still alive...

Electro has been done in Ultimate Spider-Man, he's almost like an electricity elemental, kinda like he was on MTV Spider-Man, but beastlier...

I like Ultimate Spider-Man because it's a consistently good quality comic book, it's a lot more realistic, and the main character, 15-year-old peter reminds me of a normal kid, he's smart, but no super-genious and when crazy stuff goes down, when his family is threatened by the Green Goblin he doesn't just say "ah yes, this is my responsibility" he flips out like a normal kid would... The series focuses on the people consistently and is just all around cooler...

In order not to like the series you have to not like recreation of origins, you have to not like change and you have to like the mainstream Spidey (reinvented in the early ninties) and see this third origin of spider-man (not counting non-comics storylines) as a threat to the 'original.' I for one, say if it's better, rock it, and Ultimate Spider-Man consistently delivers good dialogue, consistent art and real emotion, something that have been missing from many of my comics for a long time...

end rant...

venomfan
well what i mean is when carnage arives in Ult spider man he might die in the same serie's, and eddie brock is alive in all the spiderman serie's...he didnt die in venom: finale the sysmbiote just left

X-Menfan2003
Ultimate Spider-Man is the best series around. The only bad point about it is the fact that some of the villians have changed so much, they don't feel the same anymore. For example, the glider that the Green Goblin rides made me like him even more, but without it, he's some some low-grade thug with horns. The same goes from Venom. I like the idea that Peter and Eddie's father made him, but the story surrounding it was really boring. Peter only had the black suit for one issue, then he got rid of it and Eddie got it. Plus, the final battle between Peter and Venom would have been better if Peter had become Spider-Man and if Venom lived to see another day.

I am looking forward to future issues, excpecially when Black Cat makes an appearance, as well as the return of the Kingpin and Dr. Oct. I only hope that The Lizard or Hydro-Men show up soon. Also, I think it would be cool if Peter got his black costume back.

Domination
I believe the question was: What is the diffference -- not which comic is better.

The difference between the Ultimate Spider-Man and the original Spider-Man has got to be the setting in which his orgin takes place.He is no longer bitten by a spider that is accidentally created.The spider was an experiment.The story no longer leaves off where Peter fully learns his powers;it takes place with him being a rookie/novice in his early super hero career.But,to make it simple,all of the previous origins to everyone has been changed and the plot takes place more when he ws a teenager.

Lord Shadow Z
The difference is, Ultimate Spiderman is really really gay

juggernaut26
well as for me i liked how they redid everything they made him look smaller and leaner but packing extra strength and him being the star of the sports team i loved i was always disapointed that they never had spidey play sports in the old ones

Hypester
The Difference is Ultimate Spider-Man is soooo much cooler...

Venom2003
I WISH TO SAY THAT VENOM IS IN ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN BUT WITH ONE MAJOR DIFFERENCE: HE WAS CREATED BY AN EXPERIMENT INSTEAD OF LANDING ON EARTH FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE GALAXY.

Zephonim
I am really enjoying the Ultimate Spider-Man. I like how they put Parker in high school rather than college. It makes his life much more difficult because of the fact that it is harder for him to go out and fight becase of the classes he'll miss. They seem to try and make the stories more complex than in the original.

mordamor22
i love ult spidey and in the venom saga,peter looks up eddie brock and meets with him at eddie's colledge(eddie isnt doing journalism)and eddie shows the cancer suit to peter that their dads were creating together,spidey tries to finish his dads work for the cancer suit,or the "symboite" and gets some on his and and it engulfs his body.he gets sweet newfound powers with the costume and saves a lot of people,takes a bullet,(he already got shot once before by the police),and wen someone gets shot and killed in a bank robbery,spidey goes nuts with the costume and almost kills the robber.eddie then finds out parker is spidey wen parker is getting the rest or the suit from eddie to destroy it.eddie walks up and sees peter grabbin the suit and also sees footprints going down the wall from a pillar that leads to a window on the ceiling so he lets parker go because he know parker is much stronger and they go way back with their friendship.little does spidey know,right after he leaves eddie takes out his secret stash of the suit and,now knowing its powers,puts it on.(the suit has a mind of its own and makes eddie kill)so the first person he is after is spidey because he is mad at spidey for tampering with the suit and because its all he has left from his dad....he stands about 50 yrds. away from peters school window and when peter sees him he askes the teacher if he can be excused and wen he is,he goes outside (with no costume)and fights venom.eddie brock cant seem to separate from the suit so wen parker and venom fight it seems parker has destroyed eddie and the suit entirely.peter then becomes a wreck because he thinks he just killed one of his best friends...........venom is M.I.A. and peter finally recovers.venom being gone primes u for the carnage sage because I think venom will come back then

shado blak
NO,NO.NO, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THE NEW VENOM STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT CREATES A CRAPPY REASON THE SUIT AND EDDIE HATE PETER PARKER/SPIDERMAN! IT ALSO TAMPERS WITH CARNAGE! KASSIDY'S SUIT IS SUPOSED TO BE A SPAWN OF EDDIES! VENOM TELLS SPIDERMAN(AFTER VENOM BECOMES "GOOD"*HE ONLY KILLS CRIMINALS*) THAT HE FEELS RESPONSIBLE FOR CARNAGE'S CREATION AND THAT HE THINKS OF CARNAGE AS AN EVIL HIM. SPIDERMAN SAYS HE FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT VENOM. THE NEW STORY IS NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpyCspider
Well in the original, Peter started out in high school as well......Midtown High.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.