how could you not love Jar Jar?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HavocHound
Come on all you Anti-Jars. Through me a bone here.

King Jedi
Nooooooo!!!!!!! Not again HH do you realize what you've done? eek!

mah
ugh.. another jarJar-topic, get over it all ready, jar jar is an unimportant character, not worthwile talking about him all the time.

Ratcat
JAr JAr will make some pivotal actions in Episode-II, even though his screen time is limited...

Texas
I hope one of his pivital actions involves his death

Ratcat
NO, but he does propose the creation of the Clone Army following a big senatorial meeting where Palpatine talks the senators into it. It's not a stupid action either, but a well crafted and throught out one.

Forget what you know about Jar-Jar, he's had 10 years to grow up... big grin

King Jedi
I'm still fed up hearing about him, even though I like him. He's probably the most talked about character ever.

Texas
Watching the DVD, I laugh at GL big expectations for Jar Jar. He thought he was going to be the most hillarious SW character ever and he was just the most annoying roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Jedi
In your opinion. I think 3po is much more annoying.

Texas
He's has class and charm! Very sophisticared considering that he was born on that dump Tattoine! C3PO is da man smokin'

King Jedi
Did you know that he is made out of solid gold?

finti
Reminds me of Goofy in Disney cartoons

HavocHound
If you think this is bad, you oughtta check out the Jedi Council forums on TheForce.Net! There's almost always a Jar Jar topic on front page at that place and about half of them are started by me. I always respond to threads about Jar Jar.

P.S.: I agree with George about Jar Jar. I don't give a flying razor monkey what anyone else thinks. Jar Jar is the essence of Star Wars. He's the Luke of the PT! Deny it all you want. It won't change the facts.

Ratcat
The JC at TFN has gone Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy downhill in the last few months.

Texas
I dont know why anyone frequents that dump roll eyes (sarcastic)

HavocHound
I'm going to talks about Jar Jar til yous all pound me to death!

JAR JAR!
JAR JAR!!
JAR JAR!!!

stick out tongue smile big grin

Ushgarak
Or until someone closes the thread because it becomes pointless. Let's keep this one a dsicussion, please...

Texas
What kind of a name is Jar Jar anyways?
That's so dumb roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
why has this thread gotten two pages of answers, thats what i am asking myself. i guess i am to blame too for answering, but i sincerely truly am sick and tired of discussing jar jar. we've done it sooo many times, almost every day since TPM.

so, please HH, can't you just stop making jar jar threads. if you love the freakin' fruitcake that much,can't you make an internet-site about him and promote it in the appropriate forum.pleeeeease

Texas
I dont know whose more annoying, Jar Jar or Ahmed Best roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Jar Jar Binks.

GL, what the hell were you thinkin'? confused

HavocHound
The people where I used to work thought I was annoying. Then I got fired and they all (read: most) went back to being stiffs. That's probably why I got fired. I'm not a stiff. You have to be a stiff to hold down a job, it seems.

If this is in the wrong forum, just move it. I really don't mind. If you have to power to close and delete threads, then you also have the power to move them. I thought this would be the right forum. People always give me a hard time about forums. I think I'm starting a thread relevant to the forum (example: an XYZ topic posted in general discussion) then find out nobody wants it there.

JUST MOVE MY THREAD if I put it in the wrong place. It's no problem.

HavocHound
People like or don't like Jar Jar for the same reason people like or don't like me...too much personality. An excessive personality tends to annoy people who either don't have personalities or who don't have enough personality.

HavocHound
"What kind of a name is Jar Jar anyways?
That's so dumb"

Hold on now! That's not nice! The name 'Jar Jar' comes from George's son Jett, if I'm anti-mistaken. While yore at it, you might as well ask "what kind of names are Plo Koon or Orn Free-Tah or Ki-Adi Mundi or Jerjerrod or Ozzel or Tarkin?" Why do you single out Jar Jar?

Ratcat
I beginning to like this guy... big grin

HavocHound
awwwwwh... smile

Come on, give me a hug. Give yore Houndy a hug.

*Doctor Evil impersonation* hug...hug...hug...hug *lumbers around like an oaf with a lazy eye*

Ratcat
Now you're just scaring me...

Texas
Jar Jar is a horrible name, stupid character, should of never been created, and 98% of the total population agrees with me stick out tongue

mah
i'm not saying this is in the wrong forum, i'm just saying that i'm sick and tired of discussing mr.binks over and over again.

Ratcat
That's a BS statistic if ever I heard one...

King Jedi
Yes it's complete nonsense. Why do all the Jar Jar haters always try and convince the rest of us that he's terrible and no one likes him? If you don't like him then deal with it. You'll never change my mind.

Ushgarak
HH, this thread isn't in the wrong place. It will just be closed if it bcomes pointless, is all, like any other thread.

Ratcat
KJ is so right.

ToMacco
Jar Jar was important. He brought the Jedi to the Gungans, and he brought everyone together at the end.

But he is annoying as hell. He'll be better in II.

finti
Goofey in space

Texas
Well excuse me pointdexter. It's 98.47567% roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

HavocHound
You see?! Only 2% of the universe actually likes Jar Jar! I have every right to form an underground resistance movement!!

Ushgarak
Actually, I think the JJ haters are beginning to become the minority around here.

HavocHound
The tables are turning! Outcasts of the world...ARISE!! Our mascot needs us!

ToMacco
roll eyes (sarcastic) . . . whatever.

finti
Goofy in space the sequal

HavocHound
Jar Jar's Big Adventure! big grin

King Jedi
Jar Jar, Jar Jar, Jar Jar it's all we ever talk about. sad

Texas
That's true, let's talk about Bjork instead big grin

ToMacco
Oh, no. Here we go. sad

Ratcat
1 more day to get back on topic or this one goes night-night...

finti
Goofy in space Return of the topic big grin

Ratcat
That isn't very helpfull Mr. JC Moderator type guy...

finti
ok... Jar Jar irritates me all he does through out the entire movie is irritating and he sounds like Roger Rabbit at times I hoped he would be blown up during the movie. Slain by Maul or some droid

yerssot
he will never be killed, I'm afraid

King Jedi
Cue the Jar Jar fans to tell everybody to stop taking him so seriously. How many times do we have to go through this? roll eyes (sarcastic) sad

Ratcat
Jar-Jar was never meant to be deep or anything... He's supposed to be comic relief.

Then all of a sudden all the fanboys start jumpin' up and down and complaining beacuse they got 16 years old and Star Wars didn't grow up with them.

I wish they would just get over it! Star Wars is, after all, just a movie!!!

HavocHound
Jar Jar is a digital cartoon. So what?! If you never watched cartoons at some point in your life, there's something wrong with you.

Jar Jar strikes me as more of a Looney Toon than a Disney character. Every toon fan knows Warner Brothers kicks Disney's prissy face ta Hell. After Walt died, Disney became a training camp for enviro-commies, globalists, and jack-booted government thug-supporters. Everything had to have some kind of hidden propaganda message. Disney isn't the one one, either.

Ferngully and Captain Planet are two examples of what I'm talking about. Batty was alright, even if Robin Williams is a communist system-lacky. Captain Planet has no redeeming qualities whatsoever except that some of the villians were at least quasi-creative. When I was younger, back when that crap show was on, I actually rooted for the villians. And another thing, it promotes false religion with Gaia, the Spirit of the Earth, making weak-minded kids believe the god of the universe is a black woman.

Look what political-correctness has done to the world. Thanks to the social institution of indoctrination and conditioning, Jar Jar is seen as a racist figure, which he isn't. Some system-lackies have even suggested that all the Gungans, along with other Star Wars aliens, are racist figures. If this is true (and this is hypothetical), and the Gungans really do represent Black people, then what about Jar Jar? He was banished from his own kind after all. He wasn't just banished from Otoh Gunga, he was banished from Gungankind, declared "not a true Gungan." So then, he has no kind. Therefore, he couldn't possibly represent Black people or any other race of people. Jar Jar represents the quintessential outsider - the social pariah.

yerssot
Rat, I'm not saying that it didn't grow up with me, I was just saying that I don't like Jar Jar because he was mend to be funny, and in my opinion he is definitely NOT and therefor I don't like him because he tries to be funny (well GL made him that way)

Ratcat
That is a very fair comment.

If people can recognise what GL was trying to achive byt feel he failed then I can respect that.

What I can't respect is those who say that Jar-Jar had no place in Star Wars when clearly he did.

The character was there is achieve certain things, link up the Jedi with the Gungans, Link up the Naboo with the Gungans. This he did.

Not liking him because of the way he acted is a reasonable thing, but those who say he was worthless to the plot just don't get the story.

I applaud you evaluation Yerssot, it goes a long way to proving that you DID understand.smile

finti
What Yerssot said, he totally failed to be funny.

yerssot
Like finti said in another thread: Belgium boy aint that smart

I don't have anything against the acting style of Ahmed Best, or the language.
If you leave the "'funny"' stuff out of it, Jar Jar is just an ordinary character that is digitally created.
Why don't people react the same way on Watto? Because he plays an ordinary role, and he does it whitout the 'funny' stuff

finti
big grin big grin

yerssot
look who's talking...

I think being clumsy was for the antis the main reason and for the pro's also...

Texas
Maybe if it wasn't so hard to understand what Jar Jar was saying, and maybe if he wasn't so un-funny and annoying, he would of been a more likeable character. I think GL screenplay had a big part in making Jar Jar unfunny.

mah
most of us agree that he has grown on us, and that he sometimes even makes us laugh a bit, but while i understand that he is a part of the story and must be in episode 2, i'm hoping that he won't be one of the main characters, popping up in every scene.

Texas
*singing happily and clapping hands*
he wont, he wont, he wont........he wont, he wont, he wont......smile

mah
*jumps up on the table, praises the lord, starts singing old spiritual anthems*

no really, i don't have anything big agains jar jar, i just think that TPM should be his only big appearance.

King Jedi
I don't want to see him back as mich either even though I really liked him. He's served his purpose.

yerssot
he has an important role in EpII... small but important

finti
as a corpse I hopeevil face

yerssot
representative of the Gungan people in the Imperial Senate

finti
Still time to end up as a corpse thoughevil face

HavocHound
"Everything had to have some kind of hidden propaganda message. Disney isn't the one one, either."

There should have been an "only" in there between "the" and "one" but I'm sure you already figured that out.

ToMacco
I don't like Jar Jar, and I don't hate him.

But he certainly doesn't deserve this kind of time to be talked about.

King Jedi
There is a new topic on him every week!sad

HavocHound
In that case, turn that frown upside-down! smile

King Jedi
When you've been here as long as me you'll get fed up talking about him as well.sad

Ushgarak
Ok, I'm closing this because it's clearly a bit of a lame duck right now. Maybe a later time would be better for more Jar-Jar discussion, but I suspect otherwise...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.