Should the OTF be moderatored?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Watcha thunk?

dave123
just some LIGHT moderation

lil bitchiness
Maybe it should....less work for global mods i suppose..

silver_tears
I dont think it should just occasionally big grin

Bhang
I am for a free state, but it does get crazy in here from time to time

burlyman
yeah some light moderation by a global...

lil thinks KMC needs an art forum

yerssot
yeah! moderation is needed, cause some threads are just ... not PG-13 and should be moderated

but of course, it's OTF, so a strict moderation is not really necessary

lil bitchiness
LOL...thanks burly! Thank you very much!! big grin

Veralidaine
only a bit, after al, OFT is all about what u wanna say, its all bout opinions...............

burlyman
what happened to friend44 (goat lover) anway

lil bitchiness
Yeah...im with the light moderation....some threads do cross the line...

badkittykitty
I say some lite moderation..like when all those 'do you like me?' threads were around they could have been merged laughing out loud

yerssot
after cola light and a light beer,
they bring use now ... mod light,
the moderation for the OTF

lil bitchiness
or closed roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
deletion would be nice too wink

silver_tears
The thing is the global mods do the light moderation so I dont think we need a mod just for the otf big grin

Raz
I left those threads as I didn't expect them to live that long.

dave123
i think we should just have 2 light mods, one for the European times to delete extreme threads, and an American/other for the rest of the time

BackFire
The JC mods can handle it I think.

burlyman
im on for all those times anway shifty

lil bitchiness
And they didnt....but some of them just cram the whole thing...

Like ''i hate such and such threads'' should be delited...

Raz
We won't be having any specific moderator assigned to either of the social forums. It shall be handled by the global mods and myself.

silver_tears
Thats good then big grin

yerssot
that's not the question BF wink

it's about, should it be moderatored or not stick out tongue

sheri
jus some light mod. it would be eaiser and jus the ones that make u cringe or that is full of bad words

i have no clue wot the otf is

lil bitchiness
I think you are doing a well job now....

You do get informed when there is a thread that ''has crossed the line''.....

BackFire
Oh, my bad.

Well, only if a thread is going way beyond the bounds of acceptability.

Raz
Yes thanks to all the people that report posts! thumb up

yerssot
sorry, the "one time in your life"-opportunity to be a smart-ass wink

FallingBlue
when things like "do you like me? im an insecure freak" spamming happens, yah it should be moderated

Tired Hiker
I think it would be in everyone's best interest if I were to be the OTF mod. It's like my dream in life! big grin It's pretty much all I got going for me these days. wink

silver_tears
laughing out loud *votes for TH* whistle

bLooMiLiCioUs
votes for TH toobig grinbig grin

Tired Hiker
I vote for me too! laughing out loud

reptally
I am totally against prohibition in any form. I firmly believe that if a parent does not want their children viewing certain material then they should personally monitor the internet usage by said children. I have three children ranging in age from 5yrs. - 15yrs. and as a concerned parent, I watch what they watch.

Neo_Version 7
Are you actually g0nna take the results of the votes under consideration, dude?!

reptally
as far as "in the best interest of all concerned", let's decide if we really know what is best for ourselves first befor we try to discern what is best for others.

Tired Hiker
Sorry, I was just having some fun. sad *goes to the corner and dwindles in embarassment from the forum mom*

silver_tears
Twiddles eek! laughing out loud

Neo_Version 7
forum mom. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Thats too funny TH!!!

Tired Hiker
Where did she come from all the sudden?

silver_tears
who me huh Ive been here all along stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
No reptally the forum mom?

silver_tears
Oh dont know stick out tongue

Neo_Version 7
She stinks. Maybe she's Raz's mom or s0mething.

Tired Hiker
No, Raz would have a really cool mom. I just wish reptally would post more often so we could get to know her.

Tired Hiker
I bet she's hot. But probably married.

Neo_Version 7
What is it with you, TH?! Well, if she's married...

silver_tears
laughing out loud TH are we feeling playful tonight wink
With all the ladies after you whistle

LarryTheArch
ST hates me...

Neo_Version 7
ST stills loves me...

Tired Hiker
Maybe I need to be slapped is all.

Kosta
Mod it when stupid threads come up.

Tired Hiker
Well said.

Fire
most ppl still seem to want this section moderatored

Tired Hiker
That's because they are worried as to what may escalate from such atrocity.

Fire
I think the placed should be moderatored, but by a lose hand moderator.

Kosta
Like TH stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
Yes!

Neo_Version 7
The board should be moderated by Two Guys and a Monkey. That way, its fun for us, but bad for them.

Specially noobs. they suck!

Tired Hiker
That's funny. Buts youz alwayz gotz to be good to the noobz. They are the future, Charles!!!

Treehuggerjanie
I think there should be a tiny bit of moderating going on seen as there are some younger kids on here. I think more important is making sure that us members dont post anything that needs to be moderated in the first place!

must_kill_Santa
only things that people complain about

yerssot
24 pro modding, 13 against ... quite clear now wink

Matrix_man
i think the global mods keep this forum under control just fine the way it is....we dont really need an official moderator..

yerssot
they just mod it if it's getting way too out of line

Matrix_man
yep, and i dont see the rules being broken very often so a seperate mod for OTF would really be redundant as most global mods post around here anyways

Corlindel
run free or tiny moderator. I think it woks fine smile

JKozzy
Raz does a good job getting rid of obscure threads, I think the only thing that should've been done was close those stupid DO YOU LIKE ME threads. So, yeah, no mod for OTF.

silver_tears
miffed wrongo stick out tongue

silver_tears
And I still think that the global mods do a fine job. Ush is here quite often watching over.

Matrix_man
yes Razmataz too

Fire
problem with this place is is that is A: GIGANTIC, B: EXTREMELY ACTIVE, so I think to be sure that this place runs clean it needs a seperate mod

Galaxian
It's good the way it is, for as long as I've seen it! smile

Dexx
moderated?...awh...a moderator would need a pay check to keep this thing clean erm
But seriously....a mod should delete about 60...no....make that 95 % of the threads

diegocala
I think the mods now do a fine job, this place would be hard to mod all the time. It was started as an "anything goes" fourm.
But it does get out of hand sometimes!

I think if we all just report any problems, we can call it "Group Modding"?

It's early for me! stick out tongue

wicker_man
I think some light moderating would not go a-miss particuarly as KMC is increasing in popularity.

The Force
let it run... free!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave123
as free as the wind blows

diegocala
As free as I feel without undies!

Neo_Version 7
Oh so silver, you're saying you did love me?!

yerssot
djee, people; the point is not if there should be a new mod assigned to the OTF, the point is if the OTF should be moderated at all or not!

diegocala
laughing out loud

Neo_Version 7
Let the OTF run free!!!!!!!!!!!

Run, OTF, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Vader
Leave it as it is. Its off-topic, discuss anything you want means discuss anything you want, so there's no point in moderating it. Its a cool forum to be in, so dont mess up with a guy who has the power to delete anything you say, because you are meant to talk about anything you want

The Force
indeed yes

yerssot
there ARE rules, this server is in texas and we need to respect their rules or get shut down, simple idea huh?

The Force
well it's just one room

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)
what part of "shutting down" don't you get?

"please don't shut it down mister policeman, it was just one room that broke the law"

The Force
ugh stupid policemen stick out tongue oh well, yerss ya got a point yes

Fire
I don't see why everyone in here, or atleast most of you, fear that a OTF moderator will abuse his "power"

mechmoggy
I pity the poor sod who gets this place to mod full time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
I agree messed

Fire
here here mechy we should look for someone with no social life what so ever

maybe MAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!

dave123
lol, theres loads of crap to filter out here

yerssot
mah has a life, the traitor! sad

well, you feel sorry for him mech?
why not get you to do it then? then you won't feel sorry big grin

The Force
yes i'd make it a living hell evil face wink

lil bitchiness
There is a lot of uneccessary stuff all over this thread....confused its taking up space...

Fire
hehe

DeNiro
the only real reason this forum would need a mod is to stop fights between members that have happened here. close some threads like the ones that arent pg-13 like the sex threads. and to stop repetative threads such as the "do u like me threads" but other then that the otf really doesnt need a mod but it would be nice to have someone close the really pointles threads to stop more traffic in here or what ever u call it

The Force
and that's what the poll is for big grin

DeNiro
But really the forum has done just fine without a mod but Raz is in here usally to stop ne thing that needs to be delt with.

yerssot
and THAT is moderating

Captain REX
My finger slipped and I clicked "Yes"... whistle

I think I'd go with "Only the ones that make you cringe".

There are some things that shouldn't be open, such as all those pointless threads where you try to make others laugh.

badkittykitty
but I think if there was a mod here (or more jcers)maybe he could stop doing all the work and have a little fun him self...

Captain REX
I remember Linds wanted to try and mod once...where is Linds?

badkittykitty
she's working now I think

Captain REX
Oh poop...

DeNiro
If ne one should get the modding job it should be yerssot. He has been here a long time and is a good poster and a vauled member not to mention everyone liks him so i think he would make a good mod

Captain REX
If you ask him if he's a person, he says he's a program designed by Raz to post on KMC. Programs can't be mods. stick out tongue

JK, yeah, he should do SOMETHING.

Fire
lol smile
yerss modding OTF that would end badly

Captain REX
Most likely. Waffles all over the place.

DeNiro
yerssot fooled me so bad saying that he was a computer programm i posted a thread called yerssot man or machine and he still said he was a machine and i was confused beyond belife till someone set me straight and told me he was just messing with me i am a big idiot for falling for that :whacko:

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Fire
yea De. but yerss is pretty convincing

badkittykitty
well when I seen his first waffle toss...I knew...the little stinker

Fire
hehe

DeNiro
He is great but also very sneeky laughing out loud

Captain REX
laughing out loud

silver_tears
thats bad why stick out tongue

Kosta
I think this place needs to be moderated. Somw threas get wAAAAAAY out of hand, and the JC mods have a lot of crap to keep up with as it is. And this being a high traffic are will double their work.

LindsIsTightK
Yeah I'm working, but I only work 20 - 30 hours a week so I still have a lot of free time to spend here with you guys smile.

The OTF got way out of hand, even for me, the retired OTF queen, maybe if it was moderated I would come back and hang out more, but for now I tend to just lurk.

silver_tears
shiftyninja lurking eh linds

LindsIsTightK
Me and BKK are partners in crime cool We just go around stalking everyone shifty

silver_tears
anyone in particular linds shifty

LindsIsTightK
Mostly just people who have the potential to be Eminem/TheOne, BlueAngel, Sheri, gangstaoy, rabbit..............

silver_tears
long list then.......where do you find the time laughing out loud

DeNiro
she works in mysterious ways ninja

Tired Hiker
I think there should be a different mod every day controlling the OTF, just for kicks . . . a randomly selected member each day. And you have the option to not allow the moderator to mod you.

LindsIsTightK
I'm sure Preston roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

badkittykitty
lol allways!!

well there were plenty here today!

silver_tears
Yea like what was it 5, 6 *loses count* stick out tongue

badkittykitty
wow it was nuts that i know for sure!!

lil bitchiness
What was all that about today...crazy...needs moderating i think...

badkittykitty
theres not much that can be done about someone arguing with them selves though

VallejoKid707
it should be lightly moderated. mods should just close pointless crap people make.

Pablo G
No, Raz let it be unrated, but yeah close threads that are made to insult other members.

Neo_Version 7
I like TH's idea on the random member mod. really cool!

Tired Hiker
Hey what happened here earlier that everyone is talking about? I'm too lazy to go search. Did rabbit go off on another classic identity tangent?

bLooMiLiCioUs
whatever he said

yerssot
never knew I would be the one to say this ... but can this one stay ontopic?

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing

Greek_girl
naw cool as it is!!!

Raz
The voting has now closed.

Thanks for everyones input.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.