Who Thinks Doc.oct Sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vagelis
WHO THINKS DOC.OCK. SUCKS I PERSONLY DO

Vagelis
ME ME I THINK HE SUCKS AND HE IS ANNOYING

stinkfist462
me

Zephonim
I think Doc Ock is awesome, not only the character that is he, but also the story of his origins.

Eidolon
I don't mind Dr. Ock, but I gotta say the "I'm a scientist who had a accident and now I'm evil" villians are over used.

Zephonim
What other villans hasd that kind of story?

Mr Parker
I agree,he's my 2nd favorite villian after Green Goblin.

Scythe
I think the Green Goblin used that in the movie.

buffymitch
I don't know the character yet( i still have to do some research) bur=tin the trailer he looks really cool and mean. I bet he can put uo a great fight

ruby
i only like unfathambly strong characters like galactus etc

so its predictable that i hate him

Zephonim
I think he will be great in the movie. SPidey will have to be wicked fast and agile to dodge all his arms.

Spiderman
I thought it didnt look to bad.

Lag
I like Dr. Octopus. I thought it was cool how his arms were as fast as Spider-man so Spider-man had somebody to compete with. They always had good battles, fun to see. The movie oughta great.

ragesRemorse
doc ock is spidey's greatest, and most challenging foe. For that fact alone i can't NOT like the man

Zephonim
I wouldn't say he is his greates foe. Venom has a leg up on all th others for the way he knew who SPidey was and how he would always be hanging around his house and family. Plus the fact that his Spider-sense didn't work with him didn't help.

DarkCrawler

kofmaster
im not a big fan of doc ock but he looks pritty kool in the new movie but i still say that venom rules over all the spidy villians

Lag
Didn't Doc Ock and Aunt May almost get married or something like that? I agree with the looks he never looked the coolest, but he looks really cool in the movie. It's the one time I agree with a costume change.

Hypester
Doc Ock has definitely sucked in the past... but in Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, he does NOT suck, not even a little bit...

klipso
if im correct in the books doc. ock was the first bad guy spiderman fought. (after the one who killed uncle ben) and was his biggest enemy

i liked the 90's cartoon of spiderman ...
marry jane dies in the show then she comes back, and you find out the one that came back was a clone, then they move on to the last episodes

if the go along with the comics the hob goblin should be harry osborne

venomfan
im not a big fan of doc ock but he looks pritty kool in the new movie but i still say that venom rules over all the spidy villians

kofmaster knows whats up!!!

Zephonim
Venom is the most badass by far, but something about Spider-Man villans is that they all have great stories to go along with their powers. If they don't hate Spidey they hate Parker. He knows all of them or they know him.

MovieKiller
Doc Ock is one of the greatest villains in the SpiderMan world. I like him but I still say that Venom & Carnage can beat him. cool smokin'

Lord Shadow Z
Doc Ock can't be worse than what they did to the Green Goblin (I mean that was kiddies stuff) but he's not better than Venom and Carnage, not by a long shot.

DarkCrawler
But Green Goblin killed Gwen Stacy AND he also knows who Spiderman really is.

Mr Parker
Yeah DarkCrawler is correct.Green Goblin is spideys greatest enemy,thats why he's my favorite.

Zephonim
The Goblin is most assuradly one of the best villans in the Spidey universe, but there are plenty of other great characters too. I know I've said it before, but the best part of the Spider-Man villans is how great their stories are not just their powers. Venom is awesome not just because of how cool the symbiote is but because of how they got together and how much they hate Spidey together.
Doc Ock in this movie will be badass. Not only does he look cool, but I have read somewhere that he blames Parker for what happened to him, so he not only hates Spidey, but he hates Parker too. That's knida like how it was in the Fox cartoon.

DarkCrawler
Info of Doc Ock:
Name: Otto Gunther Octavius

ID: Publicly known, formerly known as the Master Planner.

Relatives: Torbert, Father (Deceased)...Mary, Mother (Deceased)...Elias Hargrove, Cousin

Affiliates: Member of the Sinister Six I & II...Employer of the Master Planner's Henchmen.

Enemies: Spider-Man, Daredevil, Captain America, Punisher, Fantastic Four, Ironman, Hammerhead, The Owl, Captain Power, Fusion II

Powers: Four Mentally-controlled electrically powered, telescoping, titanium steel tentacles attached to a stainless steel harness which Otto wears on his body. Each tentacle has 3 single-jointed pinchers. Able to move at 90 feet per second, with his harness, Otto also possesses superhuman strength...He is also the worlds leading authority on Nuclear Radiation and is a bona-fide genius. Octavius also has employed an armored body suit that enables him to breathe underwater.

Origin: Otto Octavius was a brilliant atomic researcher and scientist who designed a body harness with four artificial tentacle-like arms were attached. He used the harness to aid him in working on dangerous experiments at a safe distance. After a freak laboratory accident, radio-active liquids exploded which bombarded Octavius with radiation and bonded the harness to his skin and nervous system. He also received brain damage from the accident causing him to become criminally insane and the legend of Doctor Octopus is born!

Spider-Man Fear Rating: 10 (out of 10)

Mr Parker
Not me,he is my 2nd favorite villian.

Herr Logan
He didn't blame Parker in the cartoon. He blamed Felicia Hardy's mother for the accident. He kidnapped Aunt May and blackmailed Parker only because he knew that would get him Spider-Man, and because he's a nasty son of a *****.

DarkCrawler, not all of that info is current and accurate. Doc Ock does not have superhuman strength independent of his robotic limbs. He's as mortal as we.
The accident did change his brain, but it didn't cause him to become criminally insane. He was an ******* before, and now he's an ******* who can throw cars and break down walls. That change doesn't require insanity.
Also, the Doc Ock in the comics has reinforced one set of arms with adamantium.

Ock
Doc Ock is Spider-mans greatest villain IMO.

Herr Logan
Anyone with a middle name like "Gunther" has to be up for some kind of villainy award.

Tell me, people: was that quip worthy of Spider-Man or not?

kal-el
Not sure about worthy enough for spidey, he's as funny as it gets,but very worthy indeed!! laughing

Herr Logan
I just got the new Spectacular Spider-Man, and Spidey not only busts out the wise-cracks and insults on Octavius, he beats him bloody until Doc Ock asks him nicely not to kill him. Quite a packed issue.

kal-el
I'd better get that, sounds topnotch!

Herr Logan
One other thing: Carnage is not better than Doc Ock. Just because he's more deadly and violent, that doesn't not make him a better character. I like Cletus Kasady as a character, and they've done some good stories with him, but he is basically the Joker with superpowers. He worships chaos and sadism. That's great, but it's simplistic and that means he's not any more than an equal for Octavius. Doctor Octopus is more complicated and there is more room for exploration. Even though he is not subtle, he is more subtle than Carnage. Carnage comes in when they want to raise the body count and make Spider-Man comics more violent. Doc Ock has a brilliant mind and it takes more effort to write for him. I like Carnage, but don't be a child and start worshiping whoever has the most bodies under his belt.

Cyclops
This is obviously more based around movie Spider-Man, so here I go...

Dr. Octopus is an incredible villian. One of my favs. All of Spider-Man's villians are awesome. He is not the average criminal because of his knowledge of various technologies and scientific.... stuff. He is not the average villian because he basically wants revenge on those who have stolen his technology or stood in his way of progress.

Granted, there are 'cooler' villians, ie Venom, Carnage, Shocker, but they need to develope a premise on which Spidey is going to grow into the hero he becomes.

MarkofKaine
Actually the first villian Spider-Man fought after the man who killed Uncle Ben was The Vulture. And also Harry Osborne was not the Hob Goblin. He was the 2nd incarnation of the Green Goblin. Besides Norman and Harry, Barton Hamilton who was Harry's psychiatrist and Phil Urich nephew to Newspaperman Ben Urich have also taken on the guise of the Green Goblin. Although Phil tried to use it to become a super hero.
The Hob Goblin was Rodrick Kingsley, Lefty Donovan, Ned Leeds, and Jason Macendale.
And I personally think Doc Ock rocks. He's one of the coolest Spider-Man villians out there. Not just brute strength wise but in the fact that he uses his scientific knowledge to try and out think Spider-Man.

Herr Logan
Actually, the first villain Spider-Man fought after the man who killed Uncle Ben was the Chameleon. You got the Green Goblin and Hobgoblin info correct, though. cool

Ock
Doc Ock is number 1 to me.Although Goblin is pretty cool too. big grin

MarkofKaine
Chameleon? I heard that at one point but I know that The Vulture was the first super villian he photographed so I just assumed that he was his first fight too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.