Precautions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
In horror films, you'll all have noticed that those in the path of the monsters are very gormless, often allowing avoidable evils to become overwhelming (very realistic).

Do you think that such movies as Villageof the Damned and Nightmare on Elm Street Three: Dream Warriors, are advocating tighter conrol upon possible dangers?

In both films it should have been obvious that the monsters would be such from their conception. The obvious thing to do would have been to force the mothers to miscarry.

Do you think that the films advocate more ruthless prevention of "avoidable evils?"

shaber
Obviously Jason Voorhees and Mike Myers are inevitable by this logic. That is what makes it hard to dislike them as characters. Freddy Krugar is something to loathe entirely as sensible people would have killed is fathers straight away (all one hundred of them!) and not locked them up like animals.

My brother threw a cushion at me when we were watching Village of the Damned - I kept advising the characters to destroy the space spawn, while it was in foetal stage, or infantile stage. big grin

Lord Soth
It's not really the point, the point of horror movies is that people die, and it's funny how stupid they are

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.