Cypher and Smith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Virus2nd
So do you think you can actually be re-entered in to the martix, like Cypher wanted or do you think Smith was lying to get what he wanted.

burlyman
you just jack yourself in, or get jacked in, thats how to enter the matrix

Sifer
He means Re-Inserted, as in being put back into a pod. Yes it is definately possible because they do it to Neo at the end of the Revolutions. Why? I hear you ask. Because he had a 'choice'.

audioheem
Uh... they do?

Sifer
Yes, what the hell do you think all of the wires coming from the floor are? Tentacles? Happy Dance

JediHDM
yeah, but i think, what he asks is, would they? would they actually put you back in, or would they just kill you?

Sifer
No, they would give them what they want, because they asked.

The Unknown
And the machines are never shown to lie. They'd probably give Cypher what he wanted.

mailedbypostman
Machines aren't your classic bad guys who lie all the time.Most machines can't see"choice" so lying AND promising is beyond them.Hm..We could start a thread on whether machines lie or don't lie.

dragonpisces272
yep, machines certainly do not have choice and what they do is supposedly "right". Not unless their too cheap and just kill him...no! That's a waste of a good battery...but they still have fields of human batteries. Hmm...

ch0g0nda
They'd have put him back in if he would have lived.

The arch at the end of revo, when asked if he'd keep his word said "what do you think I am? human."

He'd have gone back into the gooey sleep...

dragonpisces272
true yes

mook
we know they can change the matrix (after the black cat in m1) so they could reinsert cypher and change it so hes the "important actor"...

ShOota
Originally posted by audioheem
Uh... they do? [/QUO

uhh thwy were the machines wires what went into Neos body for the Anti Virus, they were coming off him

The Unknown
They do? I think they go into him. Do you have a clip of it or anything?

JediHDM
the wires come out of the floor, go into Neo, then, after Neo has destroyed Smith (not antivirus) the wires/cords go back INTO the floor

ShOota
yes that was what i was on about, when he was going away from the screen for the last time all the wired got disconnected from him

Sifer
Yes, that is what I said - why is it being repeated?

The Omega

JKozzy
Ah! I was about to ask the same question, but being a considerate forum member, I searched first! yes
Basically, it was a "what if" I think, Omega. Would Smith have really given Cypher whatever he wanted? Or would he have killed him along with the rest of the Neb? When he says "We must continue as planned; deploy the sentinels.", was that always planned? If so, that would seem that Smith was lying to Cypher... anyone else have any ideas?

audioheem
So he wasn't reinserted, coz he wasn't put back into a pod; he was just jacked in.

godfather

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.