What DON'T you want to see in Episode 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
I'm not sure if this topic has already been made, but I couldn't see it anywhere, so I think I'm alright. I'm making it in contrast to Rimmer's "What 10 Things I want to see in Episode 2" topic.

I don't want to see:

Jar Jar. I don't want him to just disappear forever, but I don't want him to be in Episode 2 as much as he was in TPM. He is not an important character, so he should only be used at cheery moments and seeing as the prequel trilogy is getting darker there should be less of those.

High Technology. Although there is only 20 years difference between Episode 2 and ANH, I don't want there to be any technology that betters that of the OT. Some rumours have suggested the destruction of Naboo, but I want the destruction of planets to be a new thing in ANH, something that has never been done before until the Deathstar destroys Alderaan. And hopefully this cloning technology shouldn't be too far-fetched either. Why wasn't it seen in the OT?

Too much love. Okay, this is meant to be a love story and it will certainly have more romance than any of the other Star Wars movies, but still I don't want it to waste loads of time where we could be seeing some cool battles and lightsabre duels instead of dull romance that takes away the sci-fi element of the film.

Han Solo and Chewbacca. I really don't want to see Han Solo as a Correllian kid or Chewbacca on Kashyyyk like some speculation has suggested. The two smugglers were perfectly introduced in ANH and should have no connections with the adventures of Anakin Skywalker or the young Obi-Wan.

The Millenium Falcon. There have been many rumours of a return of the Millenium Falcon, but I would much rather it didn't. Its a ship used by the OT team: Luke, Han, Chewie and Leia and should not be used by Anakin and his friends or any other Prequel characters for that matter.

That's all for now. Any other ideas from you guys?

Darth Heinous
Master Qui-Gon Jinn NOT appering as a ghost/spirit.

Jar Jar Binks NOT getting killed.

Boba Fett being character being redone. He is cool enough as he is.

Mace Windu being this "invincible" lightsaber fighter that all you Qui-Gon bashers say he is.

Anakin Skywalker killing Darth Tyrannus. Ben should kill Darth Tyrannus.

Shmi Skywalker getting killed. Though most of us are cetain she will get killed.

Ben NOT being involved in a love "triangle" with Anakin and Padme/Amidala

The Falcon appearing. It's been around FAR too much.

No TIE fighters

No Victory I Class Star Destroyers

No Captain Tarkin

NO Nemodian slugs. They were funny to watch as they kept screwing up and Sidious/Palpatine kept getting angrier at them.

Darth Daft
I agree with most of those, Heinous. Here are some more. I don't want to see:

Stormtroopers. They don't seem like they would work very well in the PT and although it is likely that they are the clones made by Palpatine, I don't want them to appear until the very end of Episode 3.

EU characters. I know many people will disagree with me on this, but I really don't want to see characters such as Admiral Thrawn, Joruus C'Baoth or any other EU characters appear in Episode 2. I want to see more original characters from the big man himself and no time wasted on lazy appearences by characters that should only appear in the books.

Too much repetition. Although I like Lucas using repetition to show the connections between Anakin and Luke, I don't want him to just keep using the same ideas when he could be coming up with original plot twists to surprise us all A LOT.

Jedi Mercenary
I most certainly don't want to see:

A love triangle

Darth Rage

some crazy new type of lightsaber(curved, axe, anything)

That lightsaber color code that they seem to have in every other movie

some sort of prophecy thing

Watto

droid soldiers(I know it has to be PG but come on)

a braveheart type battle with the jedi and mandalorians

Yoda fighting

and that wraps it up, I hope none of these things actually get in the film

Darth Daft
It seems at least one of us is going to be disappointed with Episode 2, JM, coz most of the things you put I DO want to see in Episode 2. Especially Yoda fighting! I know it might look silly, but still I really want to see him in action.
I agree about the lightsabres though. I don't want them to go over the top.
But I would like the new Sith Lord/Dark Jedi to have two lightsabres. That would make some really cool lightsabre duels, as Anakin (or whoever is fighting the Sith Lord) will have to fend off the Sith's attacks with their single lightsabre.

Jedi Mercenary
may the best man win.

Jedimaster3838
1. Jar Jar, I know he'll be there, but I just hope he is not in it much. He didn't ruin TPM, but he sure came pretty close.

2. Christor Lee as the next Sith, sorry to all you seniors out there, but he is too old. I just wouldn't believe that he could hold off Anakin and Obi-Wan

3. A love triangle. I think we all pretty much agree on this. It would be to corny and weird. Obi-Wan just doesn't seem like the type to fall in love.

4. Someone, besides Anakin killing the Jedi Council. I expect to see some Jedi die, but I hope Anakin kills the Council in EP 3.

5. A Superweapon. The Death Star should be the first.

6. Han Solo. He is one of my favorite characters, but Harrison Ford is Han Solo, and no kid should be given the awsome responsibility of replacing him, plus he's not that important.

7. A clone of a main character. I want to see clones, and hopefully the Stormtroopers are clones, but cloning a main character would be weird.

8. Another family plot twist. I want there to be a major surprise but I hope its not something like "Anakin, I am your father," Palpatine. Been there, done that.

9. Selbulba. He served his purpose in TPM. Watto we need just because of the whole slave thing, but not Selbulba.

10. A Star Destroyer. They should be seen in EP 3 showing the power of the Empire, seeing them as part of the Republic would just be weird.

Ratcat
A Death Star: far to early for that

A love triangle
- I don't want the Anakin/OB1 relationship to be broken due to
something more suited to Jerry Springer.

The Millenium
Falcon owned by Han Solos dad - Just too dumb.

Stormtrooper
just like ANH. They should be in an armour, if they exist, that
looks like it would develop into ANH style. (How many azrmy battle
uniforms look anything like they did in the 1970's?

Luke and Leia being born. Just too early.

An Anakin/
Jabba showdown. Just too convienent.

Darth Daft
I agree with you on the love triangle thing. Although it would
add on to Anakin's hate for his master I still don't want Obi-
Wan to have a love relationship with Amidala. Plus, there was
absolutely nothing between them in TPM, he didn't seem interested
in her at all and vice-verse. In fact, are there any bits where
Obi-Wan and the Queen both talk face-to-face?

Jedi Mercenary
Obi-Wan and Amidala?? Maybe, after ani goes DS

OneArmedWampa
no clones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am an actual biologist and i detest how hollywood hadles cloning. i don't think GL will be any better, so i hope it doesn't get a lot of screen time.

no falcon as a major part of the story. maybe in the background taking off from a space sport.

no more father/family bs. if anakins father is revealed, it better not be someone we already know. all the main characters form both trillogies do not need to be related. i'm just bitter because i've heard too many rumurs about everyone being some other main character's father, brother, mother, uncle, or whatever.

one last thing, scrap the kiddie characters. the droids pulled that off well enough in ep 4 and 5. sorry jar jar, but you need to be shelved. i have no problem with you being in the movie as long as screen time is short. hopefully this will happen, since the next 2 movies will be getting darker in nature with the destruction of the jedi and the rupublic.

Jedi Mercenary
I definately don't want to see the technology thing

Dim
You mean the cloning?...I think GL would do a good job with the cloning....I don't think we'll see nary a sheep laughing out loud

Darth Daft
Cloning doesn't bother me at all as long as it isn't too much of an importance in the storyline. I don't want the whole film to revolve around the technology, although I know it won't.

Dim
Yeah, they're not going to take alot of time to explain it...actually I bet they don't take any time to explain it...just to say that whoever is a clone..Does anyone really need more of an explanation than that...I want to know WHAT Palpatine is doing with the clones..not how he's creating them.

Darth Daft
Well I'm sure he can't recruit normal people to make an army to take over the galaxy because he could be betrayed and everyone would know of the Sith. I'm sure that's why he uses clones.

Jedi Mercenary
actually I was talking about how the prequels seem to have better technology than the OT

OneArmedWampa
i wan't refering to having detailed explanations of cloning technology. i just don't want gl to help perpetuate the circle of ignorance about cloning. i know star wars has futuistic technology, but cloning will not give you an instantaneous exact full grown anakin. his dna will be the same, but his pre and post natal develoment (depending on the environments) will change who he will become. i know this is being anal, but i'm a biologist and its one of my pet peves. i love star wars and jar jar is enough of an annoyance.

Ratcat
The scuttle buck is that we will see a much more elevated and responcible version of Jar Jar in Episode-II. Kinda Jar jar without the speed if you know what I mean.

Dim
That would be cool....I don't think anyone will come out of Ep2 hating Jar Jar...But everyone will hate some new character..that's the way it always goes.

theEviljedi
Who did people hate in the OT Dim?

Jedimaster3838
One word:Ewoks. I was also not a big fan of Ackbar or Piett.

Darth Daft
I liked Piett although I don't think he'll return for Episode 2. And as for Admiral Ackbar I agree that he wasn't the greatest Star Wars character although I still think it would be nice to see him with a small role in the film.

Ratcat
I think we should see a whole lot more of the Mon Callimari species.

Do not want to see any more ET's.

Darth Daft
Me neither and if I see even one Ewok I will explode with hate, anger and suffering.

Jedi Mercenary
I think we should see the planet Mon Calamari, delicious waters flowing on oceans of coral, with floating cities, mmmmmmmm... Oh how I wish!!

Darth Daft
Yeah at least that would mean one new terrain we haven't seen yet. And it could make some good tie-ins with the OT.

Ratcat
Merc, isn't that off topic and should be in the "Things I want to see in Episode-II"? laughing out loud

More things I don't want to see:

Darth Maul - He's dead Dammit!!!
A prototype Vader suit
The funeral of Panaka - He was bad, so let's just forget him.

Darth Daft
I agree with you about Maul. As much as I liked his character I don't want to see him Episode 2.

I also don't want to see many of the planets from the OT. Yavin 4, Hoth, Bespin and Endor are not needed at all.

Gundark
We had a child Rodian in ep1. No child Wookiees, Toydarians, Hutts or any other baby aliens. Gack ! sick

No triangles of any kind...love, family, political, whatever.

Keep the technology low...I thought the helmets the Naboo pilots used in ep1 were appropriately primitive compared to the OT stuff. I know this is a minor detail, but it really jumped out at me when I saw the movie. Showing the construction of partially completed or prototype hardware from OT is okay, but don't go overboard. No half-completed death stars.

More of Palpatine's deceit and corruption in more detail. I want more of his devious plans revealed. His conversations with Maul in ep1 were too short and choppy.

No happy ending. No midi-chlorian soup. No Jar Jar stepping in Bantha poodoo again. I could go on and on here, but there's some basics.

Jedimaster3838
I agree Gundark, no more happy endings. I am pretty sure EP III will end bad, but they could make EP II end good with possibly the wedding of Anakin and Padme.

Ratcat
I half agree, half don't on the Episode-III ending thing. I think it will be a dark ending but with a very positive feel to it. After all, we know good will prevail eventually...

Dim
I'll be happy as long as I don't see something I shave my legs with everyday..

Ratcat
Sounds like a cue for a worst Star Wars prop thread.

Try using wax, that hurts!!!!

Gundark
Try using your saber. Now THAT would hurt. rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
But would it hurt more when you tried to shave with it or as you learnt to walk on two cauterized stumps?

Dim
Well, that's just a lovely lovely thought...sick

Gundark
You need to have a pretty steady hand. stick out tongue

Ratcat
Dim, do I detect a weak stomach?

Dim
Yep...You should see my reaction to blood, one whiff (seeing it doesn't bother me)and I'm on the floor.

Ratcat
What about the taste? Ratcat opens his mouth to reveal 2 large fangs evil face

Gundark
Gundark runs to get the garlic and holy water. stick out tongue

Boshuda
I wouldn't like to think that George Lucas would put these into Episode 2 (I hated him bringing the Death star back in ROJ...I grew into the idea eventually!)....

Neimodians (although too much was made of them last time for them to be dropped..shame... they reminded me of the guy from our local chinese take away, with how they spoke)

Battle Droids (excellent for Ep1, but we need to see severed flesh now...if only!)

Jabba.. unless he's doing something more exciting than blobbing about (the fat boy is too big for his boots..if he could wear 'em....Is it just me or did Jabba appear fatter in Ep1 than he did in ANH?)

Extended slushy scenes... unless they really move the plot along.

Boba Fett without his helmet..although this may be the case..shucks!

Han Solo or Chewbacca as young things...(Luke or Leia for that matter!)

Jar Jar being the same as he was in Ep1..he needs to develop more...be more accountable for his actions like those around him..I think I'm hoping for too much here!

Any actors with a cringe inducing Australian, G'dday accent..I love all Australians really its just that the dialect is awfull..sorry guys, but we dont want StarWars sounding like Home and Away in space!!(Please George overdub them all)..LOL

The list could go on..and probably will at a later date....

Ratcat
Pray, do continue.

Though me thinks you're not leaving much to include.smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.