Little Hints from X2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rwendelin
We all know X3 is going to be about the Phoenix. But at the scene with the dam when Stryker is all tied up with chains against the dam and he says "Someday Wolverine someone's going to finish what I've started someday!" And how he says Wolverine was a failed experiment and all. What if someone captured Wolverine and experimented on him again and gave him claws in his feet and some other stuff. And the Phoenix could be bad and he could make them fight each other or have wolverine be tested on the Sentinals. Don't jump all over me when you read this. I know that some of you don't want the next film to be focused on Wolverine, I know I want X3 to be focused on the other characters a little bit too. But this is just a thought. Not something that is going to happen. Just a thought. Its like the way they did it in the first movie and how prof. x was playing chess with magneto and they were talking about an attack on the masion. It would be weird if they followed the line and that Stryker said to Wolvie and did the Phoenix thing too.
Tell me what you think.

G.P
*jumps over Rwendelin* (No, I'm just kidding)

Yeah why not, but the Wolverine part seems a little bit weird to me...

rwendelin
lol big grin Yeah it does I know. But I think it would be cool to see Wolverine and Cyclops team up and fight the Dark Phoenix or just Cyclops (which they might do that) or just Wolverine (might possiblity but Cyclops might just fight her.) But it would be cool just to see Cyclops and Wolverine fight against her.

Blind-Enemy
i think what stryker meant when he said "Someday Wolverine someone's going to finish what I've started someday!" he was refering to the deletion of the mutant race and not a further experiments with wolverine

shadowy_blue
Yep. And that's where the Sentinel Program enters. big grin Hopefully. smile

And about what Stryker said, "You...are just a failed...experiment", I think he's just provoking Wolverine and he's still hesitant to tell him who he really was while in that state (tied in a chain with Wolvie ready to kill him and all)

ab012f9448
I think rwendelin got a few of those ideas from X men evolution.

G.P
like the claws in the feet, for example... whistle

Martya
i just hope for more Pyro!!! lol... I'm crazy!!

rwendelin
I haven't watched x-men: evolution in a longggggggggg time. I don't know how i thought all this up. I must of gotten bored in history class. but i do like the idea of cyclops and wolverine teaming up to fight the dark phoenix. oh well

krypto
i think they should leave wolverine alone he is just fine the way he is and that is all.

He can still whip ass the way he is and he needs no changes whatsoever
like rwendelin said like the claws out of the feet and stuff that is pretty gay.

Kes
Here is some cool trivi I've read in movie-mistakes:

Bobby's brother has a flaming-bird symbol on his shirt - Phoenix reference.
When Jean and Storm are in the church, and Nightcrawler is lying down, watch very closely for the back of Jean's leather coat. We catch a brief glimpse of it - a bird that looks remarkably like a Phoenix. (Can someone confirm this please)
Something about Bond movies. Both Famke Janssen and Alan Cumming were bad guys in "Goldeneye", while Halle Berry was a Bond girl in "Die Another Day".
When Kelly Hu first read script for the role of Lady Deathstrike, she was told that her character's name was Anne Reynolds. Brian Singer used this technique for every role, to prevent information leaking out on which characters were to be in this film.
Obviously Jean has new powers is X2 and Cylops mentions Liberty Island to her in the museum scene. Now watching the Liberty Island scene again in X-Men 1 when Wolverine is trying to slice up Magneto's machine, you'll notice two things. 1. There is some sort of firey substance around Wolverine's hand. Possibly Jean helping him and not realising? 2. When the machine has been destroyed, Jean looks shocked/surprised at something. Possibly the display of power, or maybe the radiation having an effect on her?
(I've mention this one before, it really does look like it all starts there.)
In the scene just after Pyro has attacked the cops at Iceman's house and Jean & Storm have come to save them (Woverine, Pyro, Rouge and Iceman) if you look at the cop car on the left side of the screen, after Iceman looks back to see his family, the word 'police' is blackened exept for the letters 'ice'. (Can somebody confirm this?)

THis is it for today.

Kes
In the scene just after Pyro has attacked the cops at Iceman's house and Jean & Storm have come to save them (Woverine, Pyro, Rouge and Iceman) if you look at the cop car on the left side of the screen, after Iceman looks back to see his family, the word 'police' is blackened exept for the letters 'ice'. (Can somebody confirm this?)
Found it wink lol somebody posted in the iceman pics thread stick out tongue

rwendelin
Kes I can confirm that the Phoenix on the back of Jean's coat is the Phoenix rising and I think the ice thing on the police car was just a simple mistake that they didn't catch. You'll hear about the Phoenix rising thing on the dvd.

hpxmenlotrnerd
these are really good theories!!! i luv the idea of cyclops and wolverine fighting dark phoenix its so ironical yet....right..idk?

stinkfist462
i wanna see magneto take out wolvies adamantium so he uses bone.....

izzygirlxp
They're already filming X3 as my friend tells me, I have a picture from the filming in progress...

shadowy_blue
uuuhhhh...that's just a photo manipulation, hon. wink X3 doesn't even have a script yet. They're not even in production, nothing is even confirmed yet, so it's impossible that they're already filming. wink

And yes, it's confirmed that the back of Jean's coat has a "Phoenix" image on it. It was confirmed by their costume designer in the DVD. big grin

izzygirlxp
What no way? It looks so totally real!

DarkRoan
wow!! ya'll amaze me...tell me more, I never catch stuff like that, I guess my mind's a bit slow...tell me more!! And I'm definately gonna look for the Phoenix on Jean's jacket!! hehehe, now I'm gonna tell my friends this and seem like the "smart one" lol

izzygirlxp
Pheonix was on her jacket? *grabs DVD* I'll get back to you tommarow ^^

shadowy_blue
The casting crew were also confused. The screenwriters (Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris) have already decided that they will use Lady Deathstrike as Stryker's right hand villain. However, Chris Claremont also wrote a book called "God Loves, Man Kills" where Stryker's right hand villain was called Anne Reynolds. So when the casting crew called for auditions, they told Kelly that she will play a certain "Anne Reynolds". They just later on knew about Dan and Michael's plan for the character so they've also later on told Kelly that she is actually playing Yuriko Oyama AKA Lady Deathstrike, also a mutant. After that particular occurrence did Bryan and the crew began to be so tight about the character. They don't want it to be leaked out so early.

Nah..I don't think so. Jean's "Phoenix" power inside her was just triggered by Magneto's machine (this is already confirmed by Bryan Singer) but I don't think that she was THAT strong already. No Phoenix manifesting yet. It just all started after the Liberty Island incident.

Yep. That's it exactly.

Bryan already confirmed it.

"After this big Liberty Island scene stopped the master plan of Magneto's, and its cuts to her and there's something's gone on there. It's not for everyone one to notice really, except for us, and it builds subsequently to the second film."

VallejoKid707
does anyone have a pic of jean of that?

shadowy_blue
Here you go.

http://www.angelfire.com/rings/kitiara/6.jpg

Paola
great shadowy!!!! you rule!!!!

Kes
Yep. That's it exactly.

Bryan already confirmed it.

"After this big Liberty Island scene stopped the master plan of Magneto's, and its cuts to her and there's something's gone on there. It's not for everyone one to notice really, except for us, and it builds subsequently to the second film."
I noticed big grin And I mentioned it before, I didnt know Singer had confirmed it.

Kes
These are more obvious:
In the scene where Mystique is going through the files on Lady Deathstrike's computer to find the guard's profiles, one of the guards is director Bryan Singer (he's listed as "Singer, B"wink.
The X-Men graphic novel, "God Loves, Man Kills" (some of the plot for the movie X2) the mutant hater's name is William Stryker, the same name as the militant mutant hater in the movie.If you look at Bobby's bedroom in the scene where he and Rogue kiss, you'll see that he has several snowboarding posters on his wall and skis in the corner against the wall - all connecting to his icy abilities.
When we see Magneto for the first time in his plastic prison, the music that is playing in the background is the same classical piece that plays in Hannibal Lecter's cell in Silence of the Lambs.
Magneto's line 'When will these people learn to fly?' is a reference to the fact that Rogue and Storm can both fly in the comics.
In the first scene where we see Stryker, where he is fingering the stab mark on the President's desk, he appears to have on a ring with the Hellfire Club's (from the comics) trident symbol.
In the museum scene, Siryn (the screaming red-haired girl) is wearing a yellow t-shirt with an orange and black striped letter "x", which resembles the "wings"/cape on her comic costume.
When 'Senator Kelly', William Stryker, and President McKenna are talking in the oval office, they are each wearing an American flag pin.
There is a sign outside of Magneto's prison, in the metal detector room, which describes the prisoner and the secure environment. At the end of the sign it reads "Do not taunt inmate. Do not feed sweets."
When Stryker enters the code to enter Cerebro 2, listen carefully - it's the 5 note sequence from "Close Encounter of the Third Kind".
When the soldiers first enter the mansion, and the little kid who doesn't sleep goes to investigate - listen to the commentary on the nature documentary he's watching - it fits with events quite nicely for a while, along the lines of "With the mother away, the children are left defenseless..." It goes a bit awry once it starts with "the centipede is deadly", but you get the idea.

Vampiree
DO NOT FEED SWEETS !!!!!! ROTFL!!!!! OMG I'M GONNA DIE FROM HAPPINESS!!!!! TEEHEEHEEHEE!!!!!

Eidolon
When Stryker says "Someday someone will finish what I've started" I think it could refer to the sentilal program (killing all mutants) and maby it could mean bring in Sinister in X3/X4 (to continue testing on mutants)?

Eidolon
Also when Xavior is looking out the window looking sad and then suddenly smiles and seems happy, does anyone think that means something (possible Jean communicating to him that she's alive)?

Vampiree
yeah, when he did that i was almost sure that jean's just in front of the mansion wavin to him big grin

Vampiree
yeah, when he did that i was almost sure that jean's just in front of the mansion wavin to him big grin falala i posted the same thing by mistake! embarrasment sorry big grin

GAMBIT N' ROGUE
Kes the pheonix on Jean's coat is a symbol of pheonix rising but...its not really a pheonix is pheonix wings (watch the special edition disc 2)

GAMBIT N' ROGUE
ya i like how they hint that Gambit is in X3

when mystique is in the files she stops on Lebuea, Remy AKA Gambit (ur sad if u didnt no that)

GAMBIT N' ROGUE
omg do ya'll get the special edition dvd and watch it they tell you he senses Jeans "hibernation"

Dark_Psylocke
I heard X3 will be based on Days of Future Past

shadowy_blue
Nothing is confirmed yet. All just rumors. And just because Gambit's name was in X2 doesn't mean that he will be in X3.

shadowy_blue
He was also in the actual guard area in Magneto's prison. He was the one that rolled Xavier into the containment room with Cyclops, before Laurio took over. wink

shadowy_blue
I came across the Filmography of David Kaye, who does Xavier's voice in Evolution, and I saw that one of his credits is 'TV Host' in X2. Now I watched the movie again, and as much as I wanted to believe that he was the TV host/interviewer of Dr. McCoy at the bar scene, I don't think it was him. Even though he could do dozens of voices, the voice was pretty far from what I could identify from him.

But I heard one. The scene where Wolverine woke up from his nightmare and on his way on the rec room. While he was walking on the hallway, we can overhear the TV and there was someone reporting/saying something like,

"And some of the tourists in the White House during the intact, (?) are still being held for questioning."

Now that was the closest voice that I heard that possibly came from David Kaye. And yeah, I'm almost sure it was indeed him. Maybe he was uncredited because the line was too short and we didn't even see the TV while he was speaking.

And while we're at this, Chiarra Zanni who did Evo Jubilee's voice also had a cameo in X2. She was the tourist guide at the White House at the beginning reciting some of Lincoln's lines, "We are not enemies but friends...we must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break the bonds of our affection."

And I think we all know that the guy who voiced Beast in the X-MEN Animated Series (David Buza I think) made an appearance in the first X-men movie, as Rogue's truck driver.

This is very cool. Now we know that not all the people who make random appearances in the X-Movies are not just "extras" per se. Now I have to look in case there are more. eek!

Vampiree
shadowy, i think you should change you nick to: One Walking Encyclopiedia of the X-men big grin how would that be in short? owex? ehehehehehe big grin you rule shadowy big grin

Paola
yeah that's right!!! GO shadowy!!!!

Vampiree
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

shadowy_blue
embarrasment Thanks you guys! big grin

Vampiree
big grin

Kes
Well now I have a DVD player but no x-men DVD!
Cant find it anywhere!

Who senses her hibernation?

There are lots of names there. That doesnt mean all of them will be in X3.

X-WOMen
Anyone know how Stryker would even know all of them in the first place?

Paola
maybe he got the files from Cerebro?

shadowy_blue
Nah..it wasn't because of Cerebro. He already had all those names before even having the Cerebro. I think it's just that all those mutants in the list are the "exposed" mutants per se. Maybe they were caught using their powers and are now under Stryker's surveillance.

shadowy_blue
I'm just glad that we saw those mutants in the list. At least even though we may *never* see all of them personally using their powers, at least we know that they exist in the movie verse. At least we know that Gambit and Omega Red exists, that Project: Wideawake is at the works and there really is a Muir Island. Those alone just makes me giddy. big grin

shadowy_blue
These are all the mutants in the list, there may be other ones but this are all I could figure out in the DVD big grin

Allerdyce, John - Pyro
Aquilla, Amara - Magma (though she's Allison Crestmere in the comics)
Blaire, Allison - Dazzler
Blevins, Sally - Skids
Braddock, Elizabeth - Psylocke
Callasantos, Maria - Feral
Cassidy (2) - Sean Cassidy (Banshee) and Thomas Samuel Eamon Cassidy (Black Tom)
Cheny, Lila - no codename (teleporter)
Creed,Victor - Sabretooth
DaCosta, Roberto - Sunspot
Dane, Lorna - Polaris
Drake, Robert - Iceman
Dukes, Fred - The Blob
Espinosa, Angello - Skin
Gibney, Kyle - Wildchild
Guthrie (2) - Samuel Guthrie (Cannonball) and Paige Guthrie (Husk)
Harada, Keniucho - Silver Samurai
Kane, Garrison - Weapon X
LeBeau, Remy - Gambit
Lensherr, Eric M. - Magneto
Madd!cks, Arthur - Artie
Madrox, Jamie - Multiple Man
Mahn, Xi'an Coy - Karma
Maximoff (2) - Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) and Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch)
McTaggart, Kevin - Proteus
Moonstar, Danielle - Moonstar (formerly Mirage)
Munroe, Ororo - Storm

Tabitha Smith (Boom Boom/Meltdown), Danger Room, Weapon X, The Brotherhood, and Zero Tolerance are also there other than the ones that we know already. big grin

Vampiree
YAY! the encyclopedia spoke! darn... i didn't know there were so many on the list... i just noticed lebeau and the maximoffs

jpafspec
with all this talk about jean/ pheonix i'm suprised no one metioned the most obvious clue where you see "something" resembling a bird on fire over the lake in the last shot of the film!!! yes

Vampiree
darn... i saw x2 only once inn the cinema and i can't remember that sad *sigh* gonna get it from the-thing-from-which-you-can-download-files-that-we're-not-talkin-bout-right-now

azurefalconchan
wow i didnt realised....also they mention beast a little bit in the movie^^

Kes
jpafspec> I just thought that was kinda obvious lol

azure>When do they mention Beast.

rwendelin
Hey I just got done watching the cmmentaries of X2 and they said that they would like to add in Beast, Angel, and Gambit. I give some of the Xkids a little more screen time. I think, if you watch the commentary with some of the producers and screenwriters, that they are going to continue the love triangle between Logan, Jean, and Scott because they said it goes and works well with the Phoenix story. They also said they want to put some pressure on with Bobby and Rogue's relationship with Gambit and Pyro.

Paola
the Phoenix story means more screentime for my Cyke and...... yes yes..... you're right...... Wolverine

Kes
Sounds cool. But Wolvie kinda gave up at the end of X2 saying Jean had picked Scott.

Vampiree
*sigh* that whole jean-wolvie-scott triangle made me tired already... i don't want more movies about it...

rwendelin
yeah true it is getting kinda of boring but for me it makes the movie that much more interesting.

Baradok
i think Wolvy just gets a girlfriend (Mariko) and they leave the Jean Scott thing out of it because now that shes pheonix Jean and Scott have like multiple babies and every Jean and Scott are different... hope i didnt confuse my self or others

thorncrawler
on the television in the bar there is an interview with Dr hank McCoy, hosted but Sebastien Shaw!!!

Kes
Oh...I thought you meant the characters mentioned him lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.