Jeepers Creepers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Pap pap pap pap pap pap and indeed pap. Here's why: -

1) A scooby doo type villian
2) No real plot
3) No scary bits
4) Sudden ending that (for the love of god) leaves it open for a 2nd film

DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH. sad

HavocHound
sad

Oh, and I was hoping that 'Jeepers Creepers' would represent the revival of the American horror film, going back to the roots so to speak. But typically, I was let down. Ever since 'Scream' and even before, the American horror film has been in an ever-steeper plunging decline. It started before 'Scream' but 'Scream' was one of the first of the ultra-lame flicks which lampoon their own genre. I hated it and all it's shlock franchise replicants! Give me Hitchcock! Give me Romero! Give me Raimi! And Lucio Fulci too (although I'm not as big a fan of his work as I am of Raimi's).

mechmoggy
I quite enjoyed "Scream", the ending was a bit naff and the sequals weren't up to much, but generally I thought the first was quite cool.cool

yerssot
did they do the dog with cgi?

HavocHound
Oh, it's okay if you like that stuff. I'm just saying that it doesn't represent the ambience of true timeless horror. I'll still check out 'Jeepers Creepers' just to see it for myself. It's just that - from the previews - I gathered that it was a "campfire" style story with a decent monster antagonist.

ToMacco
They don't make good horror films anymore. Nowadays, filmakers think the movie gets better with more blood and big boobs. And most of the public is stupid enough to go see that crap.

mechmoggy
If you see it HH just be prepared for the sudden ending, I thought there was at least another half hour left! sad

ToMacco
Better yet, HH, just don't see it!big grin

HavocHound
I like Scooby-Doo. big grin

ToMacco
Scooby-Doo rules! My buddies and I always watch that Saturday mornings on the Cartoon Network when we're hungover. I love it!

mechmoggy
Whooah, don't get me wrong. I'm not Scooby-bashing, I love that cartoon (until Scrappy came along and ruined it that is), my point is that the villian's are just not scary are they?

yerssot
what's wrong with Scrappy?

HavocHound
I knew you weren't bashing Scooby-Doo. I was just saying...

mechmoggy
Scrappy showed signs of being terribly jelous of Scooby and that's why he had to be all loud and the centre of attention all the time. (I may be over analysing here) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.