Best swordfight scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beaujay1
The Best swordfight scene is...

Anyone?

I loved the part w/ Will and Jack in Pirates of the Caribbean, up on the rafters, AWESOME!!!!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

wicker_man
The one between Gustav Graves and James Bond in Die Another Day, excellent.

beaujay1
hmmm, i cant remeber, but im sure its good, ill hav to check itsmile

SaTsuJiN
Crouching tiger , hidden dragon had some really nice swordfight scenes. The restaurant fight, a few with Mu Bai and the final one with Jen Yu and Shu Lien

Darth Revan
I have a few--the lightsaber duel in SW ESB between Luke and Vader. Also one in this really old, really corny swashbuckling movie I saw. I forget what the movie was called but the duel was the longest in movie history--something like 6 and a half minutes. Apparently the new SW movie is going to have a longer one though. Also, even though the movie in general sucked, I liked the Dooku/Yoda duel in AOTC.

VengeanceGOD
Dooku/Yoda was cool, but not the best. IMO that's probably the first swordfight in The Princess Bride.

movie_freak
I agree too Dooku & Yoda fight was cool.
Does the Chateu(sp) in Reloaded count?

BOPRecruit 16
captian jack sparrow vs. will turner
aragorn vs. orcs

Kes
Any lightsaber fight.
The swordfight in Kill Bill.
The swordfight in Die another day is cool too.
The Mummy returns, Evy vs the mummy's "troops"

SilverFighter
Here is a short list of my most favorite sword fights:

Liam Nesson vs. Tim Roth (Rob Roy)
The Bride vs. O-Ren and the crazy 88 (Kill Bill)
William Wallace vs. The English (Braveheart)
Conan vs. the Barbarians (Conan the Destroyer)
Luke vs. Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
Aragorn vs. the Orcs (LOTR The two towers)

madsci
maybe not the best of all, but the best for me

the princess bride (wesley vs. inigo montoya) - simply for the banter between the two characters

the empire strikes back (luke vs. vader) - the colors in the carbonite freezing chamber (blue, orange and black together rule!), the intimidating/condescending banter, and finally, the revelation at the end.

the phantom menace (darth maul vs. qui gon/obi wan) - darth maul is such a bad ass villain. especially when obi wan goes aggro on him at the end though, look at the expression on his face.

madsci

Lady Ellie
Yoda and Dooku. I didn't expect that little guy could fight like that. Looked really cool!!
And Aragorn vs orcs was also hot! rock

Myth
KILL BILL!

Lord Soth
Yoda, Anakin + Obi-Wan/Dooku
Aragorn/Orcs
Blade/Deacon Frost

Pirate_Girly
my fave sword fighting scene is the one between Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, in POTC.

Lord Soth
That too. And Jack Sparrow/Barbossa

forumcrew
its pathetic that pirates of the caribbean is mentioned here... the last samurai has some good ones and um.. kill bill and some old movies

johnnys#1 fan
will turner and Jack sparrow I'll think of more later

bLooMiLiCioUs
i think the POTC one was cool even tho it's not as intense as some others
*goes of to think*

plenTpak52
What kind of question is that? How many movies have you seen, anyway. I'm assuming not too many considering every time a fight question comes up you have to start talking about the Matrix. Dude, the fight scene in Reloaded sucked! Half of it was CG when only about 5 seconds of it really needed to be. Even the real parts were still terribly choreographed.

BOPRecruit 16
i bet the stuff in the last samurai is going to be great! out this friday!

Lord Soth
It's gonna be sweet

alic88
cant wait

forumcrew
it is great and puts potc crap to shame.

i saw a sneak of samurai.. it is absolutely brilliant.. an amazing epic

Sugar Kane
Two favourites...

Inigo Montoya Vs The Man in Black-- The Princess Bride

Jack Sparrow Vs Will Turner-- POTC:TCOTBP (!) big grin

These scenes have great, inventive and exciting swordplay, but also great sparky dialogue. Brilliant!

Daedalus
Obi-Wan\Qui-gon vs Darth Maul I reckon it was well choreographed.

Vim
um... the Sword fighting scene in Matrix Reloaded, none of it was done with CG, you must be thinking of when Neo fought the hundred smiths, a lot of it was done with CG. Once Neo gets the sais, it is a very well done fight scene, one of the best i've seen. The Musketeer had some pretty awesome sword fighting!!

Lord Soth
All lightsaber fights (Star Wars)
All orc fights (LotR)

plenTpak52
Yea I was refferring to the scene all the Smiths. I don't recall any awesome sword scenes in Reloaded, but if you want to see an awesome sword fight, go see Kill Bill.

Which reminds me, I forgot to say that my favorite sword fight by FAR is in Kill Bill. The Bride vs. the Crazy 88's at the House of Blue Leaves.

beaujay1
oh yea, jack w/ barbissa, that was awesome w/ the moonlight and all eek! eek!

beaujay1
^ barbossa! yeah the last samuri looks awesome

kalantiaw
the last samurai's fight scenes are f***ing awesome... every last one of them... the yoda/ dooku was tight... the o- ren ishii/ black mamba was a hell of a cat fight... the darth maul/ obi wan & qui gon is kick ass... the jame bond/ gustave grave... the legolas fight scenes in lotr, though he uses more of the bow, he is bad a$$ with those pair of elven knives man...

Lord Soth
^yeah, Leggy was incredible w/ the knives. Haldir was pretty awesome w/ his sword too

king_arthur
The Musketeer got some of the fastest and most intense sword fighting ever. The swordfight in the ladder room between D'Artagnan and Febre was "totally awesome". Even though the movie sucked, I still enjoyed the action scenes.

In Shanghai Knights, the swordfight secnes were amazing. Aidan Gillen handled those swords VERY well. It was interesting to see Jackie Chan being beaten.

jaden101
the highlander scenes

gentmax
The fight scenes from "Hero" with Jet Li.

Hector and Achilles was pretty cool.

Imperial_Samura
Hmm. Many of the combat scenes from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon were good, as were scenes from Hero and House of Flying Daggers.

The Fight between The Bride and the Crazy 88 (and Gogo) as well as Oren Ishi was very good.

The ones from Gladiator and The Last Samurai.

Oh and scenes from the Star Wars series and LOTR's.

I loved the final confrontation between Barbossa and Sparrow in POTC. Also the last battle between Batman and Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins. Probably more, but can't think of them at the moment, still those are some movies with sword fights that I thought were quite good.

newmmz
the most recent Die Neiblungen had the most inovative sword play Ive seen. One light saber duel is as boring as the next.

Murray
A few. . .

The first confrontation between Will Turner and Jack Sparrow (POTC).

The final battle with the original Musketeers in Man in the Iron Mask.

LOTR didn't really have sword fights, but battles. Legolas had the best moments, being the best warrior in the film, and all.

KILL BILL VOL. 1- HOLY SH*T!!!!!!

DeVi| D0do
Princess Bride! Woo!

SaTsuJiN
I loved how artful the swordfight scenes in "Hero" played out.. every aspect of it was eye catching

belbel300
um, in Pirates of the Caribbean, they are well corriagraphed

el barto_1
many of you will likely hate me for this but my favorite is brad pitt vs. eric bana in troj

belbel300
nooooooooo, no offence, but troy was rubbish

jacobo0o
HERO was the best sword fight ever!!!( jet li)
and then there is the:
star war classic vadar vs. luke in rotj
kill bill
shanghai knight was pretty tight at the end with jackie chan
scorpian king was alright with the rock
and lot more......................

§P0oONY
Got to be

The Bride vs. O-Ren Ishii, Gogo Yubari and the Crazy 88 from Kill Bill Vol.1

I recently purchased the uncut version from Japan. The fight scene is even better in colour...

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Princess Bride! Woo!

yes

Others:

Hector vs Achilles in Troy

Anakin vs Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul in Phantom Menace

Jack Sparrow vs. Will Turner in Pirates of the Carribean

Morlow
Qui Gon/Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul

el barto_1
Originally posted by belbel300
nooooooooo, no offence, but troy was rubbish

i know troy was rubbish but that swordfight was very very well koreografed my favorite

ThePhantomsKiss
Ugh..Hard one,it's between The Pirates of the Carribean or Dungeons and Dragons for me

belbel300
mm

lordofwar
How could everyone forget Mask of Zorro.

Altar[1stONE]
Hope this counts, the many sword fights in Final Fantasy 7 advent children. Specifically Cloud Vs Sephiroth.

papabeard
Not strictly swords, but the knife fight between Uma Thurman and Vivica Fox in Kill Bill 1.

Mandorallen
Equillibrium
SW ep. 3
Starwars ep. 6: vader vs. luke
Kill Bill
Rob roy
Highlander

remy_17
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
Dooku/Yoda was cool, but not the best. IMO that's probably the first swordfight in The Princess Bride.

Princess Bride! very good pick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.