Feeling Strangely Fine (Outsiders>Drama/Romance)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16

Captain REX
Good job. smile

BOPRecruit 16
~what do you think? will a story sound better in pov or in third person coming from steve's writing? i just can't decide!~

Captain REX
Well, I prefer third person, though I suppose it might be easier to write the story I'm currently writing in first...

BOPRecruit 16
~yeah, third person sounds better/easier for me. used to it. pov's....eh...i guess not.~

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16

MaverickIce
Pretty good, I read the Outsiders book before looking at Feeling Strangely Fine, I thought it was needing a spin-off. I appluad your efforts.

Could you put more focus on Soda though, I think their friendship wasn't a focused on enough in the Outsiders.

BOPRecruit 16
sup iceman!

thanks for taking the time to read and review my story! *hug* compliments are always appreciated.

don't worry, i'll have sodapop in there. he's going to have a somewhat larger role than the other guys in the gang. i don't have a clear cut plan of how what's soda's place in throughout the whole story. he's going to be in chapter two a little than later on he'll have more. i was thinking of doing a holiday chapter, so i may deal with soda there more. a couple of days ago, i came up with an idea that i may add a little bit of a love triangle. where steve is getting to know and become friends with alyssa, not quite sure on his feelings for her. then soda gets to know her too and develops a bit of a crush on her, secretly. shall i on with that? well, let me know what you think!

later, Sodapop Allerdyce

note (to everyone): that spoiler above, don't read it unless you really want to hear what i got instore. if you want to be surprised at every new post of the story, then don't read it. some of that spoiler, the ideas are not sure. so don't get your hopes up if it is or isn't in the story after all.

Laviera_j
Hey BOp, nice work. Cool to carry on the fiction. I like it alot.

xxx

BOPRecruit 16
laviera_j: thanks for the r/r! it's not a carry on fic. just letting people post their reviews. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! *hugs*

airangel429
Good story BOP!

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16
Author's Note: Slangology > "What's your damage?" > is the same as/means "What's your problem?"

Laviera_j
It is good, and I like the love triangle view. Looks good in terms of staying true to the original too - I haven't seen much of the hair coming that I remember from the book though. I can remember only bits, and the structure of the language though.

But it is good to read. xxx *hugs!*

BOPRecruit 16
thanks for the wonderful review lava *hugs* since i love the book so much, i try my best to stay true to it. since they are greasers and worry about getting their hair messed up and keeping it that way, i thought i should bring up the point that they comb it alot. kind of like a habit that the greasers did in "Grease" and the movie version of outsiders, a bit. i have read tons of outsiders fanfiction at ff.net, so that helped me study the characters and the language structures. i've got to make sure that they swear, crack jokes, use slang, and do all the mannerisms they have in the book, movie, etc. basically, that had been research and fun. helps me add/built more character to them in my story. some of the elements of the characters that you didnt' get to see in the book and movie, since it's limited from ponyboy's view of things, i decided and had to play up some of their character. plus, add a few things that not all see. makes the story more interesting, no? (i hope reading all those romance and drama fics from other categories have or are going to help me with the material later on in the story! esp. how the relationship, love, and emotions flow.) so, i'll try to update soon! *hugs*

later,

Sodapop Allerdyce

Laviera_j
I am glad that you liked my review, I was worried that you may not like me asking questions.

It is nice to see such good work carried on. You know the author was only 13 when she write The Outsiders. It is quite impressive.

I will try to comment in as much detail as I can, as I like to read your work and tell you what I think.

Look forward to the new addition. Let me know when you have finished the next part!

xxx

*hugs!*

BOPRecruit 16
i don't mind answering questions! sometimes it does give nice insight to my work and bounce off ideas at times.

lava, she was 16 when she wrote the book not 13 silly! *bonks lava on the head* laughing

i'll try my best to update often and keep my readers informed and fully updated! ^.~ *hugs*

later,

sodapop allerdyce

p/s - to the other readers, sorry that this post isn't a story update!

airangel429
And then........... big grin I still like it! big grin Good Job!

BOPRecruit 16
any comments or suggestions anyone?

airangel429
{Its been a LONG time since I read the outsiders..so i'd have to read the book again to give you pointers}

ElmStreetFan01
cool story.

BOPRecruit 16

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.