Donnie Darko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
After the first time I watched the film, I was both bored and confused, and vowed never to go anywhere near the film again. However, after I came onto the computer to try and understand the film better, I discovered all of the positive feedback that the film received. So I figured that maybe I missed something that everybody else saw, and I decided to watch the film again concentrating on what I had learned off the computer. It was like a completely different experience. It is now one of my all time favorite films, and I have seen it many times now. The acting, music, and original take on time travel really makes the film enjoyable to me. The film is definately not for everyone. But if you have the time and patience to try and understand what the film means, then you might enjoy it more.

My advice to anyone who hated the film the first time around, is to try listening to the commentary on the DVD or going to one of the numerous Donnie Darko websites. It may help you to see the film in a much different light.

silver_tears
I have seen it and liked the darkness about it!
However there is a movie forum to discuss this in wink

ash007
opps sorry guys

BackFire
It's one of the finest films of the past few years, truley a unique film unlike anything else ever made.

Tex
Havin't seen it, but will, hear good things.

Darth Revan
I've seen it I thought it was a little weird but the concept is kind of cool once you think about it. The part at the end where he kills himself to save all the people that died and his would-be gf goes by on her bike and doesn't even know him is mainly what I'm talking about. Speaking of time travel, has anyone besides me seen the Langoliers? Very interesting take on time travel, if you liked Donnie Darko you'd probably like it. The actors are really annoying though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.