Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

odin
seeing the spot for Batman 5 brought something back to my attention..

I love Jack Nicolson... don't get me wrong. But I think he never should have played the Joker. Someone thinner, more psycho looking.... personally.. I think Steve Buscemi would have made an awsome Joker.

and in the following 2...... (II and III)they should have kept it more gothic. not so...... ehh... I don't know....

what you think?

Ryshtyanna
I was disappointed in all the Batman movies. In my opinion, each one missed their mark when it came to telling the story behind this caped crusader. Then again, I always feel the movie version of anything is never quite as good as the books.

In all honesty, I think Jim Carey would have made an excellent Joker. Okay, so he was the Riddler, but I think Jim Carey would have done the Joker role extremely well. As mentioned, someone thinner than Jack Nicholson and more diabolical looking would have been the better ticket.

Remember Mask? Can you imagine if someone like Jim Carey played the Joker? Oh, that would have been something.

A character like the Joker should have been played by someone who could pull off that rubber-faced look. Of all the comics I've read where Joker has been part of the storyline, I kept visualizing this crazed maniac as someone with multiple faces upon each new mood or scheme.

If not Jim Carey, then my next pick would be James Woods. Okay, he doesn't do the rubber-faced look like Jim does, but have you seen how diabolical this guy can look? This is someone who is capable of pulling off multiple personalities, which I believe is what sums up the Joker. Also, James' physique would have matched Joker's. This guy would have made an awesome Joker if he was given the chance.

shaber
Nicholson can cackle and he has an abnormally wide mouth! Both essential for the Joker!

I think Jim Carrey would have been interesting in the role though...

Lord Soth
While Jack Nicholson didn't fit the bill physically, he was perfect personality wise. The complete randomness and audacity of his actions, and his nonchalant reaction to everything cracks me up every time

GABRIEL05
I love the first batman. "party man...you ever seeeeeeeen"

Lord Soth
"You're insane!"
"Aw, come on, I thought I was Pisces."

batmanrules
even though jack nicholson was probably as good as it gets, i think that andrew coening would give an evenly good proformance

Lord Shadow Z
I watched the first Batman film last night and I just found Jack Nicholson utterly annoying as the joker. I think he went to far with the laughing and insanely made set pieces.

Lord Soth
That's the point, he's supposed to go too far

venomfan
you could hire the joker himself to play him in a movie...but jack can do it better,hes the greatest. steve is also awsome but he looks nothing at all like the joker.

kalantiaw
steve buscemi would be better as scare crow or the mad hatter...

Lord Soth
Yeah, Buscemi would make a great Scarecrow

Darth Jello
there is only one joker:

MARK HAMILL

juggernaut26
i completely agree with you they never captured the coolness of batman or his battle against evil they made the later ones little kids movies while the first i still think was the best (and the hottest woman i might add).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.