Fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Mercenary
I think Anakin should fly to different planets in a fighter like Luke did in ESB and RJ

theEviljedi
Do you mean different fighters?

Ratcat
No, I know what he means.

In ESB Luke flue from Hoth to Dagobah then to Bespin.
In ROTJ he flew from Tatooine to Dagobah to the fleet.

It would be cool to see Anakin "galavanting" around the gallaxy in his fighter.

queeq
Well, we need to see him flying around for sure. Even battle in space, maybe. For me personally, I don't think his pilot activities in TPM should earn him the credit "a great pilot".

queeq out

Ratcat
No, just an extremely lucky one...

I think to be considered "A great pilot2 he needs to be seen to fly well in battle. Just flying from planet to planet would be alike a "great bus driver!"

Darth Daft
In ROTJ Obi-Wan said to Luke, "when I first met your father he was ALREADY a great pilot."
Hmmmm, ok maybe Anakin had rode podracers by the time he first met Obi-Wan but then I don't think Obi-Wan knew this and even so, that doesn't make him a great pilot just because he won a podrace match.
Any thoughts on this?

Ratcat
You know, I was thinking that as I posted my previous reply. But then we know OB1 has a knack of presenting the facts "from a certain point of view."

Darth Daft
Heh heh, yeah I guess GL is pretty lucky he put the "from a certain point of view" line in there. It gave him a chance to change a few facts that Obi-Wan had said.

Ratcat
Indeed, it has certainly given him some nice easy backdoors out of plot problems.

Back on the original subject, I hope we see Anakin doing some real kick-ass flying though.

Darth Daft
I'm sure he will, but one thing I want to know is, during the final battle of Episode 3 will he be on the Republic or the Empire's side? I'm presuming he'll be on the Empire's side and so he could actually win the battle for them, bringing an end to the Republic.

Jedi Mercenary
But Ani might have been able to fly a Skyhopper

Ratcat
I dunno, where would he have gotten a skyhopper?

queeq
Maybe Skyhoppers hadn't even been built then.

And I think OB1 might have been referring to Ani flying the Naboo Fighter and blowing up the control ship. But still, that is not enough for us. That 'already a great pilot' clealry refers to a heroic pilot career which started at an early age. But Anakin somehow was so much connected to piloting that even Luke's uncle didn't hide the fact from him that his father was a pilot. Be it that he said Anakin was a pilot on a space freighter.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Ya know, that last bit you said made me think of something. Do you think that in some point during the next 2 films Anakin will indeed have some sort of a job/mission on a spice freighter and that is what makes Owen say what he does. I know it's unlikely, but I like the idea of a huge robotic-vehicle similar to an AT-AT hovering across a red hot spice-filled world.

queeq
Sounds cool. But I doubt something will be used to show off Anakin's piloting skills. A fighter will do just that. But then again, we know so little. It might happen.
I think Owen just made that up because it's just a very boring version of the truth. OB1 has his ways of telling the truth, so does Owen.

queeq out

Ratcat
At the end of the day they were all trying to protect Luke and influence him in different ways that they thought were best.

Who knows what would have happened if R2 had not been able to run off.

Jedi Mercenary
again I must ask, what are you talking about RC??

Ratcat
OK, words of less than one syllable.

queeg commented on the different versions of events told to Luke by Owen and Ben. I merely pointed out that each was trying to do what was best for the boy.

Merc, why are you continually gioving attitude like that?

Anyway, back to the topic.

My point about R2 being that if he hadn't ran off from the homestead, Luke may never have met OB1, the message may never have been played and the fate of the galaxy would have been drastically changed.

Darth Daft
Yeah but I guess there's just a ton of things like that trigger large events that then lead to even larger events. What if the Rebel Cruiser had escaped the Empire at the beginning. Leia would have had no reason to use R2 to go down to Tatooine and Luke would never have gotten involved in the huge upcoming wars.

Ratcat
Would havbe worked out well for OB1 though, he would have gone on to live out the rest of his life hopefully.

But if Luke hadn't left Tatooine, he would not have destroyed the deathstar and the Empire would probably have gone on to greater and greater things. sad

Jedi Mercenary
I don't have an attitude, I just wanted to know what you were talking about

queeq
OK, we are talking about Anakin's pilot skills and how he will demonstrate to us what great pilot he is supposed to be. Will he do it in a new fighter, an existing one or in a different type of spaceship?

We were just talking about why Anakin must be a great pilot in the PT and then things started to wander off. Just like RC's R2.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Well let's wander back then.

Ah, here we are. There's a lot of rumours that Jedi have their own fighter ships that they use in battles and some of them use the Force to control them. I hope Anakin doesn't do this, but still, a Jedi ship could look pretty cool. I would imagine it not looking bulky and grey like some other ships. More sleek and organic-looking like the bongo.

Jedi Mercenary
there were jedi ships in tales of the jedi, they were called Star Sabers. they were controlled by flight sticks, not the force.

Darth Daft
Another reason why we may see Jedi flying their own ships is because Saessi Tiin, the Itkotchi Jedi Council Member is a proffesional pilot with great flying skills so he may certainly join Anakin in some space battles.

Jedi Mercenary
I doubt it, the possibilites of seeing a jedi council member besides mace, yoda, Ki-Adi have a major part is very slim

Mace23
Hey everyone it's been a while. My .02 about when Ben said when I met your father he was already a great pilot. When he first met Ani he had already won the pod race. Now some people may not consider racing a pod to qualify being a great "pilot" but it was stated in TPM that Ani was the only human who could do it. I think it may be that simple, at his young age he was still the only human who could manage to race and not kill himself.

As far as EII it's been rumored that the film will start off with a grand space battle on a scale larger than anything we have seen before. Possibly Anakin could be involved in this so that you get to see the older Anakin right at the beginning of the film. He could then display his extraordinary skill by killing a ridiculously large number of enemy fighters and/or pulling off a heroic feat to win the battle like Luke did in the OT.

Jedi Mercenary
where did you here this??

Mace23
I've seen it at several different sites. If I recall correctly the first place I saw it was Aint it cool news, but I have seen it at others such as TFN, Wattos Junkyard among others. This has been about a month ago though. I'll see if I can find you a link.

Jedi Mercenary
there's no need, thanks for the offer though

queeq
Hi Mace, good to have you back. That rumour is very unsubstatiated though. There is also rumour that it starts with a diplomatic mission by Senator Padme.

Anyway, we'll see. And we have to see somehow why Anakin is such a great pilot. I agree with what you said about the pod race, but the clue for Anakin's greatness in piloting lies not in "When I first met your father.." or in ".. a great pilot." It lies in the word "...already...". This means Anakin has a reputation of being a great pilot later in life. A reputation that started when Obi-Wan first met Anakin. He was probably referring to the Naboo space battle, though, since he never saw Anakin in action in his pod racer.

queeq out

Jedi Mercenary
Senator Padme??? I think Sio Bibble would be senator

queeq
Ah, you haven't heard yet. Padme is no longer Queen in Ep2, but she is a Senator now, going by the name of Padme. She dropped the name Amidala. It will be a nice parrallel with daughter Leia, I think.

There, you're up to date again.

queeq out

Jedi Mercenary
oh? And where did you here this??

Mace23
I have seen this at several sites myself including TFN Wattos Junkyard, Aldera, Episode-X, JediNet the list goes on and on. She won't be Queen Amidala anymore she will only be refered to as Padme. Here's the first link that I could think of for you.

aldera.net/theories_index.shtml

If your not familiar with Aldera.Net it's a great site with lots of Prequel news. This is a link to the Theories section so you will need to click on the picture of Amidala to get to the story and it's all the way at the bottom. This section covers quite a bit of rumors and theories regarding most of the characters in EII. It's some very interesting reading and well worth the time to check out all the sections.

Jedi Mercenary
What do a bunch of heads have to do with anything??

Mace23
They are links to different theories about those characters. If you click on the picture of Amidala it takes you to her section, Boba Fetts picture takes you to his section and so on.

Jedi Mercenary
oh....whoops

queeq
Thanks, Mace. Can we appoint you as official site librarian?

And Jedi Mercenary, check out the sites Mace mentioned and check out the TF.N site from time to time. They have great spies informing them.

queeq out

Ratcat
Also, the domain senatorpadme.com or .net was registered by Lucasfilms back in August when all those other domains got registered.

Jedimaster3838
Also it says that Padme was elected Queen, meaning that she is like the president. Maybe her term ran up and so she just moved up in the political world.

Jedi Mercenary
back on topic, that pic of a ship entering hyperspace may be a fighter, maybe ani uses this

queeq
What pic? Did I miss something?

queeq out

Jedi Mercenary
The select pic that Raz enhanced, it's on the main page

Ratcat
If you turn that pic upside down, not only does the "hyperspace tunnel" look better but the shape of the ship resembl;es the old republic sahip seen at the beginning of TPM.

Jedi Mercenary
was it meant to be upside down??

queeq
You never know with these select pics. Remember the circular desert planet pic a couple of months ago? There was a way to straighten that thing out into a nice panorama shot of Tatooine. So why not?

queeq out

Ratcat
I dunno, but if you try it then it definately looks better and the shape does become something more recognisable.

queeq
I think it's a very plausible possibility. These select pics are not really meant to give us any clues. And if there are any clues, you really have to make an effort to find them. Usually that is.

queeq out

Ratcat
I'm waiting for a Shmi select. Maybe tonight huh?

Darth Daft
I can't remember if I've mentioned this, but the ship may have the spine hanging from its bottom because it is used to land in water and become a ship.

Dim
OH....that's a thought. Good one DD smile

Well, crap, it's just bad ol' Toonbuck...boy, she's ugly.
Hey queeqer...she's got not one...but THREE BEARDS...and she's bad...somethings wrong with the theory...

queeq
Don't worry about the theory. Excess is never good! The theory stands... FOREVER!

queeq out

Dim
Hmmmm, I hope your right....

queeq
I know I'm right. Is your beard still growing?

queeq out

Ratcat
OK, where does the reference toonbruck come from. There's nothing in the Insiders Guide apart from some words. Where can I find more pictures?

queeq
Errr... try the official site, and look in the character profiles.

queeq out

Dim
*scratches her chin*

eh, no, but my hair is...

queeq
You have been shaving again, huh?

queeq out

Dim
*sigh*

Yes...SAVE ME FROM THE BALD SIDE!!!! laughing out loud

queeq
If you stop shaving, you will. wink

queeq out

Dim
Even my legs? eek!

Ratcat
queeq, I did but couldn't find anything there.

<Ratcat hangs his head in shame, realising he's not the Star Wars fan he thought he was.>

queeq
Until we ever get to meet,Dim, yes even your legs. laughing out loud

And RC, that's allright. There, there, you are the SW fan you always thought you were. But Toonbruck was in TPM I heard, so she is canon.

queeq out

Dim
Actually I believe she was cut from the movie...but she is in the Episode 1 Book (or so I've been told)

And I absolutely refuse to not shave my legs....I won't like looking like a wookie!

Ratcat
Oh I figured that, I just couldn't find any pictorial references to her. She's in the Insiders guide but no picture.

Jedi Mercenary
please close this topic

Ratcat
Merc, I'm gonna say it cos no one else will. Quite whining!

Jedi Mercenary
sorry, I'm in alot of pain right now, and I have nothing else to do. Trust me, you would whine if you were in my place too. Close this topic!!

Dim
Merc, I'm not closing this topic, end of story.

queeq
It is now OUR topic. We hijacked it and now we enjoy it.

So Dim, your hair grows very fast that you look like a wookiee in no time. I'd like to see that pic. eek!

queeq out

Dim
Nope...I'm not going to let anyone take a picture of me if I've got big wookiee legs...not enough money in this world...

oh who am I kidding stick out tongue

Merc, I'm deleting your posts for a reason...if you keep posting meaningless posts I'm going to delete them.

Ratcat
OK, I have a question for Dim.

Why are you posting at 2am in the morning. Up at 7, still posting 19 hours later. Do you ever sleep?

queeq
Yeah, Dim. I noticed that too. What's your excuse? Out for a promotion on the board?

queeq out

Ratcat
What to queeq? Dim is already a Mod and on the JCM.

Dim
I sleep...just not through the night smile I always wake up once or twice a night so I just check and see what you guys are up too. Just because I wuv you. big grin

queeq
Oooooooooooh, she wuvs meeeee.....

Well, I don't know, RC. Maybe she could promote to Supermod, Admin or Mistress.

queeq out

Ratcat
Dim, you luv queeq. I'd just like to say I'm heartbroken.

<Ratcat picks up his saber and places the hilt against his chest. Slowly he depresses the ignite button... Moments later his lifeless corpse falls to the floor as his saber clatters away into the corner.>

queeq
*queeq starts inflating RC*

Come on, old man. You can have her. I already have a woman, that's enough troubles for me, thank you. Besides, she said she loved ALL the guys here. That's part of the reason why YOU can have her. wink

queeq out

Ratcat
I don't think my wife would be too please, more's the pity. wink

queeq
The fact that your heartbroken over a cybergirl should be enough to displease your wife, methinks.

queeq out

Ratcat
Leave me alone, I'm dead.

Dimmmmmmmm! He's picking on my dead body. sad

queeq
You sound alive to me. So stop whining or I'll kick you really hard to see if you're truly dead. Your "Dimmmmmmm" sounds like "Mommmmmy".

queeq out

Ratcat
I was strong with the force OK!

"Now get your butt to Idaho and find Dimmy, the Jedi Master who instructed me."

rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Cybergirl?...but I thought I was a real, live girl! I'm getting a complex....eep.

queeq, quit picking on RC, he's sensitive..

queeq
Picking? I just revived him from the dead! That's just about the best I could in a situation like that. And look, he's all happy and rolling about.

OK, so you're real. You posted a pic so I guess that might be you in real life. But I doubt RC could say such things to you if he met you "life" and his wife was around. eek!

queeq out

Dim
Okay fine...thank you for reviving RC queeq...:rollseyes

What do you think he'd say to me?..Do you think he'd wink at me? wink laughing out loud

queeq
Maybe. But between you and me, I think he'd be a little too shy and too loyal to his wife to do that. wink

queeq out

Ratcat
Hmmmmm, don't know me to well.

Hey Dim... wink

Dim
See, he'd do it...but he'd do it in such a way that his wife would know he's joking...wink

Ratcat
<Ratcat throws himself at the feet of Dim and proclaims his undieing luv> wink

Dim
*old priest from the Princess bride voice*

Truuuuu Wuv...laughing out loud

You seem to have a thing for my feet RC wink

Ratcat
He he, I wrote "wuv" as well then changed it cos I thought I'd just get accused of making typing mistakes. (like I *ever* do that)

BTW, never seen you feet so I couldn't comment.

queeq
Would you two love birds take all that hanky-panky somewhere in the back, please.

*closes eyes in dispair*

So RC, would you let your wife read all that what you just wrote down?

queeq out

Ratcat
Yep, trust me she's proably worse than me anyway!

Dim
Hey, it's not my fault he's got a foot fetish! stick out tongue

Ratcat
But not the middle toe. laughing out loud

queeq
Dim, you could wear some shoes (closed shoes!) to keep poor RC from giving in to his desires.

queeq out

Dim
But...how is he going to see my toes if I cover them???
laughing out loud

Ratcat
Maybe they will be stocking covered. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
They are supposed to be covered, Dim!!!!

*sigh - do I have to spell it out to them*

queeq out

Ratcat
Merc, go home!

queeq, I have nothing more to say on the subject.

Dim
Okay okay...they're covered..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.