the World Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I know most of you don't give a rat crap about sports, but last night in New York it was Game 3 of the baseball World Series. Our president was there, he threw out the first pitch, and stayed for the entire game.

The Taliban didn't cause the chaos that they wanted.

Ushgarak
You know this is just asking for a lot of comments about the title 'World' series, aren't you?

ToMacco
No. Major League Baseball has the best baseball players in the world. No other team in the world could beat the winner.

I started this thread, because I think it's great that our President went to this game. He's assuring the American people that it's safe to go out and live your normal life.

Ushgarak
It's still asking for comments. It is a very odd definition of 'world'.

Anyway, happy that it all went well.

Raz
Thats great to hear, To.

Just a quick question....who else in the *world* also plays in the *world* series? wink

Ushgarak
Told you...

ToMacco
Like I said, Major League baseball has ALL nationalities. All the teams have American sites, but a lot of the world doesn't care about baseball. And those who do, try to make it to the majors.

Raz
I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself big grin

ToMacco
. . . what a smart ass! smile

Ushgarak
Exactly. Most of the world doesn't care about baseball, which is why it is rather breathtaking that you call it the 'World' series. I don't remember American Football loudly trumpeting it's 'world' status.

Tradition dictates that 'world' games are played between differing countries. Baseball is the one curious exception...

ToMacco
Well, I like baseball. I didn't name the world series. That was done like, 100 years ago.

I just wanted to point out that our pres was there, with no bullet proof vest or anything. It was really cool to see him there.

Ushgarak
I'm sure it was.

mah
it's kind of strange that while bush was out there showing americans that it is safe, vice-president dick chaney went to a secret place again, to secure himself.

Texas
Dick Cheney used to live 8 minutes from my house big grin

Ushgarak
You know that's inviting lots of 'No wonder he went to live in a bunker' comments, don;t you?

Texas
laughing out loud

finti
Two texans in the WH, man its scary.

sand person no. 10
i watched the mets play baseball on the 3rd of july this year. although i'm a football (soccer) fan i really enjoyed the game. you could drink (even underage) and the end was quite tense. then because i turned 21 on the 4th of july i proceeded to get served in a bar by persauding the barman that because i was 21 in england at the time it would be alright to serve me boose at 11 o'clock that night. I left there at 1, went to a bar, left there at 3:30, got lost in new york in the rain and got back to my hotel room at about 5:30. excellent. got up at nine and then proceeded to walk around newyork with my head somewhere between hell and the road, no sleep, hungover and trying to talk to my parents, excellent (mr burns voice).

JediOasis
All I know is that I hope the Diamondbacks win. I hate the Yankees almost as much as I hate Michael Jordan and Duke.

ToMacco
JO, yeah. I don't hate the Yankees, I just like to see someone different win each year (unless it was the Minnesota Twins smile )

I am rooting for the Diamondbacks, too. As for Michael Jordan: buddy, know when to quit! You're 38 years old, and he's trying to come back again. Step out of the game with some dignity for God's sake! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't care for college hoops, so I have no comment on Duke.

ToMacco
The damn Yankees are now up 3 games to 2. They have hit home runs in the bottem of the 9th with two outs for the second time in a row. That has never happend in World Series history.

Arizona will still wincool

yerssot
I....see.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
The series is tied, 3-3.

This is turning out to be the best series in years!

No one cares, do they?sad

Texas
ToMacco you must be on crack, today was game 7, Arizona won the World Series!rolling on floor laughing

finti
who cares

yerssot
apperantly only To

ToMacco
*ToMacco pulls out his 'Automatic ToMacco Smacker' he stole from yerssot. Sets it to 'everyone else'*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.