The Matrix: The 7th or 3rd Version?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistique
There are currently 2 points of view on this topic:

1. Architect: The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art - flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another - an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche.....blah blah blah

This gives us the view that there have only been 3 matrix 'versions' and within the 3rd version, we have had 7 'anomalys'. This would mean the black cat at the end of Revolutions was a sign that people could be freed, and therefore the Matrix was NOT reloaded.

2. The other theory is that every time a 'one' reaches the source, the matrix is reloaded, and that this time, the matrix was reloaded with a change, therefore bringing on the black cat.

Architect: The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the 6th version.

The architect's speech makes us think both ways, maybe if he hadn't 'counted from the emergence of one integral anomaly' then it might just make sense.

I don't really know much on the topic, so if I've said anything wrongly, sorry....

The Unknown
There have been three types of the Matrix. The first two failed, but the third was a success. There have been six versions of the third Matrix.

Mistique
Thats what I thought too, but this guy said it couldn't be possible because a version would have to be an entirly different thing together, but thats completely irrelevent (spelling)

The Unknown
Yeah, it's irrevelant. Like AOL. There are 9 versions (6.0, 7.0, etc.). It's the same program, just upgraded. The Matrix has had three different types. The successful one has had 6 versions.

The Omega
Look at it this way:
The Architect's first try, perfect, sublime: Matrix 1.0. Fails.
The Architect's second try, based on human history: Matrix 2.0. Again fails.
Oracles finds a solution, 99 % of the testsubjects accept the program: Matrix 3.0. The First One appears.
Matrix 3.1. Second One.
Matrix 3.4. Fifth One
Matrix 3.5 Sixth One (Neo).
This way of counting isn't "official", but just one that makes it a little easier to keep track of the different Matrices.

But since the Architect has tried to eradicate the anomaly, it's conceivable that not every Matrix 3 is exactly like the one before it.

The One Himself
Speculating....
First Matrix = Alpha
Second = Beta
Matrix 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 1.3, 1.4, 1.5

Our heroes were living in Matrix 1.5 Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

mook
6 versions overall

ShOota
OK!

there is only 1 thing i dont understand about the Matrix!!

who and what are the 99 % of the testsubjects!?! Are they humans?!

Ok, and even if they are why would 99% of them wanna be in some little tube all there life in some Fake dream world?!

And why was they asked to take the matrix?!

JediHDM
yes, they were humans, but it wasn't a choice they were given...it means that 99% OF THE HUMANS IN the simulation accepted the programming when it incorporated choice into the equation, even if they did not know they were given the choice. the other 1% did not accept this as real, they accounted for the anomaly...

ShOota
ok...hmmm

So when did this all happen as the Humans were fighting the machines??

99% OF THE HUMANS IN the simulation accepted the programming when it incorporated choice into the equation......

What does all that mean?!?! When did they choose and how?

was everyone all caught by the machines and all asked?

JediHDM
no, this was after the first two versions...

ShOota
ok...

99% OF THE HUMANS IN the simulation accepted the programming when it incorporated choice into the equation......

What does all that mean?!?! When did they choose and how?

was everyone all caught by the machines and all asked?

so in the matrix did the announce it over the whole world or summing in a loud voice??? saying who wants to be a part ????

and the people who didnt accept it what happened too them?? get flushed like neo did and stay alive?

The Unknown
They are given a choice, though subconsciously, and 99% of the people subconsciously accept the Matrix.

ShOota
sorry guys if this is annoying you.........

They are given a choice, though subconsciously, and 99% of the people subconsciously accept the Matrix

Why would they want to accept it??

Its crappy, all always dreaming and the machinse are killing you slowly..

Please can you experts explane in a easy way, like telling me how they voted.

The Omega
ShOota> Some people are willing to accept or believe ANYTHING, even the most preposterous of lies. So 99 % of the pod-humans accept the Matrix program without further question.

Voted? What ARE you talking about? There was no voting.
Humans were, against their will, plugged into the Matrix program. The first two versions of said program failed. The third version worked, but ONLY because the humans were given a choice, even if they were only aware of this at a near subconcious level.
The remaining 1 % are like Neo at the beginning of M1. Searching, looking, KNOWING that there is something wrong with "the world".

If you can't understand this, frankly, I can't help you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.