Vaders Voice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
If James Earl Jones was'nt around originally, is there any other actor who's voice would be ideal for Vader?

VengeanceGOD
Christopher Lambert maybe?

amity75
Ironically, Christopher Lee would have been good.

Ahnold
Urkle laughing

Darth Jello
Cal Dod, the guy that voiced wolverine on the old x-men show

mephistodesigns
Michael Clark Duncan.

Lyn
That's a great idea mephisto!!

But, JEJ cannot be replaced...

amity75
Vin Diesel!

mephistodesigns
if it could reach you, i would hurt you.

VengeanceGOD
You'd have to get in line.

Darth Jello
new opinion, the optimistic answer is C. Martin Croker. the realistic opinion is NO!

mephistodesigns
Vengeance-LOL! good i'm not the only one!

Maikahyandowen
can't do any better than JEJ. although, if you could find another dude with a deep voice and an awsome brittish accent, he'd work too.

mephistodesigns
JEJ didn't have a brittish accent.
And you're absolutely right, there is nobody who can beat that. I watched ANH last night and started thinking about how different his voice is in ANH from the other two, I hope they take that into consideration when Burtt filters JEJ's voice for III.

Maikahyandowen
never said he did. it would just be an added bonus.

mephistodesigns
ah. i suppose. but there's already so many in SW...

VengeanceGOD
But it's Star Wars! All bad guys MUST be British!

Darth Jello
again, if itcomes down to no JEJ, C. Martin Croker would be the man for the job

Maikahyandowen
yeah.. they do have a tendency to make all the bad guys brittish. but that's a good thing.

mephistodesigns
I'm especially fond of General Veers and (in Vader voice pointing menacingly) ADMIRAL Piett

I really hope they do something with those scary advisors the emperor had in ROJ, like some screen time in 3. they're just sorta useless at the moment...

Darth Jello
Lucas promised to back in the 80's, then again he also promised to use the falcon and han solo, and to reveal Palpatine's relation to Beru Lars. I can tellyou that you'll at least be 1/8th happy

Maikahyandowen
only 1/8? pity. brittish accents are the best for bad guys. especially one who's got a cool mask.

Vader
My voice is ok. Thanks for caring.

RobBo
Ian McDiamid would be excellent but maybe that would be too confusing!

Darth Jello
well, i've got a pretty good range, if i didn't have a sore throat and had a steady supply of nitrous I could probably mimic JEJ perfectly

Maikahyandowen
good idea Jello. we'll send a petition to George Lucas to let you do something.

Darth Jello
if that could ever happen, I would bug him incessantly about the archival edition (which apparantly will happen) and about using AAD sound in all the movies. then I'd bug williams about mixing and drum miking and certain musical cues, i'd be a real pain in hte ass

amity75
Sorry everyone but Supershadows already promised me that he'll get Lucas to let ME voice vader in the DVD original trilogy.

RobBo
Sir Anthony Hopkins.

"Space, agent Skywalker, is what I have instead of a view."

Maikahyandowen
maybe the guy who played Sauruman could do it. he's got a pretty nice evil guy voice.

Ushgarak
He is kinda already used...

Maikahyandowen
picky picky picky............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.