Carrie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
I love the movie "Carrie". I tend to like the original version better than the remake, and I thought part 2 was awful.

What is your opinion of this movie?

If you are a fan of it, what are some of your favorite parts of the film? Is there anything that you wish was done differently?

Dogbert
2 was bad. didn't sum guys penis get shot off with a harpoon gun or summin like that? when you do summin like that in a HORROR film, there is summin wrong.

Pirate_Girly
I liked Carrie 2 lol, but Carrie1 definatly was good =)

EOWYN3
Carrie was fantastic!

Carrie 2 was atrocious!

Evil Dead
Carrie is great.........never bothere to watch the remake, pointless.

The Rage wasn't all that bad when you consider the company it kept........it was better than alot of it's contemporaries like I Still Know What You did Last Summer, Scream 2, Scream 3, Urban Legend.....all that crap.

BidMyBlood2Run
laughing out loud

bLooMiLiCioUs
carrie was GREAT!!!!i mean with a writer like stephen kingwink
the second one made me feel sick.waste of time.

heatherfeather7
I think that the original was the best one made. Nobody could have played that part like Sissy Spacek.

Evil Dead
Did you know that the role was originally intended for Carrie Fisher of Star Wars fame? She refused to do the nude scenes so they had to go with Sissy Spacek.............imagine Carrie Fisher in that role, would have been a completely different movie.

heatherfeather7
Evil Dead, I never knew that and you are right it would not have been quite the same.

Evil Dead
<-------- Encyclopedia of useless information.

lil bitchiness
Carrie 2 wasnt a remake, it was a second movie, sort of speak! And oh yeah, it just sucked with passion that did!

I think original Carrie was awsome, then end scene, where that girl is visiting her grave in a dream, i know ive seen it millions of times, but it suprises me every time i watch it....maybe because it hasnt got that stupid build up music...

heatherfeather7
Okay, so there's the original Carrie, Carrie 2 The Rage, and a remake of the original Carrie. Okay, I read the book (it has been a while), and if I'm not mistaken the remake has taken the liberty of putting in Sue Snell helping Carrie get away and the end....alive. I may be a little off, but I do believe that Carrie did not get out like she did in the remake, in the book. Technically speaking I think the original followed the story more closely (plus it's just better anyway). And what was the deal in the remake with Carrie having spasms everytime she uses her power? I liked how they did in the original, the wide-eyed stare with the sudden blurt of violin. Plus, does anybody know, did they actually use pig blood, or did they use that red corn syrupy stuff they used in Cujo? I guess they probably wouldn't have used real pig blood.

lil bitchiness
I am not aware of any other Carrie movies apart from Carrie the original and Carrie 2 the rage or whatever...blink

samhain
I didn't think Urban legend 2 was that bad. Not scary but entertaining and a damn sight better than the original rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Evil Dead
lil bitchiness.............

there is indeed the original Carrie, The Rage : Carrie part 2, and a Carrie remake. They did it back in 2002 I'm not sure which but it was either a television remake (like they did with The Shining) or a direct to video release. Next time you are at your video store, it'll probably jump out at you now that you know about it. Hell, my video store doesn't even have the og Carrie dvd.........all they have is the remake, it has a half white/half black box with Carrie standing in the center covered in blood.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005K3NR.01._PE10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Original Carrie

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0792842960.01._PE10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif
Carrie 2

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009QG7O.01._PE15_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Carrie Remake

lil bitchiness
Was the remake any good?!

Striel
It wasn't bad.

Asami
I didn't like the remake, probably because I'm biased, the original was great. The remake was a bit toooooo... Teenie bopper-ish for my liking, it was actually screened on skyone recently.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.