which do you think is better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
i think Evil Dead 2 is better than Evil Dead, i dunno, i think Bruce plays Ash better in the second one. and the chainsaw on the arm is a classic, whadda you lot recon?

Evil Dead
The original............all around better movie.

1. It has a complete story.........it doesn't just pick up where the previous movie ends like ED2 does.....

2. It is purely a horror film......whereas ED2 mixes comedy and "splatstick" into the horror.

3. Ash's character is better. He is still the weak little college student who is scared to death when all of his friends get possesed and killed. In ED2 he gets a bit braver........I'm sorry......If I would have been in that situation you would have been able to notice the large lump in the seat of my pants the entire movie.

4. They had to change the story to ED1 in the little synopsis at the beginning. No sequel should ever rewrite the story to the original. I know, I know.......they didn't have the rights to use the footage and couldn't afford to reshoot it with all the actors because they had a tiny budget. Fine.....then don't put a recap at the beginning at all. No need to rehash the story. Surely the audience knows going into the film that this is not the beginning of the story....the movie is labeled as part 2.

tabby999
how could evil dead start of using the movie before it ? there WAS not movie befor it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.