A Haunting We Will Go...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vim
(moved and continued)
A Haunting We Will Go...
I had been told the house was haunted, and a few people had confirmed it but me and my friends didn't care, we were going to get to the bottom of it. Literally the bottom, the large house, had two floors, and a basement, and an attic. We had been told that the floors and attic had been searched, but the basement was the worst, no one could stay down there, they were frightened our of their minds. A couple we had visited at the mental hospital had actually lived there for a few weeks, but went crazy. So me and my buds decided what the hell, lets go what's going down at this crazy house.

"So, Wes," my closest friend Zack said, "What do you think?"
I stopped, we had walked down winding dirt road, and now we confronted with the monstrous house.
"Well," I grinned, looked the house over, and turned back to face all my friends, "I think we should all just stay together, and get to the basement and check out whats down there, no need to linger about. Besides," I looked back at Zack, his half-eyed gaze, he was waiting for something sarcastic to come out of my mouth, "If we die, we'll be in good company."
That seemed to lighten the mood. Zack stayed beside me as we marched up the six steps to the porch. There were two windows on each side of the rather small door, when compared to the rest of the house. My friend Don ran up to my other side, "Sorry, guys, I had to convince my girlfriend that I wasn't really going to a strip club."
"Its alright man," we shook hands, "Glad you could make it though."
"Here we go," I reached for doorknob, and turned back to check our numbers.
Zack was on my right, Don on my left, Jason, Ben and CJ all cousins, were directly behind me. The door creaked open, as I stepped in, the moldy dusty smell nearly overwhelmed me, but it was tolerable after a few seconds, I stepped into the large "greeting room", as I was told it had been called. The house was huge, but not really a mansion.
"Booo, he, he he hahahaha," Don howled, trying to be scary, and funny at the same time, it worked, the rest of us cracked a small laugh. It was getting dark, I pulled my small, yet powerful flashlight out. I flicked it on and turned to the right, Zack was already inspecting the floor.
"Whatcha got over there, Z?"
"Well, I noticed this hole," he was shining his flashlight down into small hole in the floor, "And if we could see the basement from here, I thought it would help, give us a sneak peek, you know?"
I had noticed Don turning to the doorway on the left, and heard him as he said "Guys, come look at this!"
His voice echoed through empty house, and the rest hurried over. He was shining his light into an upper corner.
"Watch," He whispered, he moved the light away, and form appeared to fill up the corner, the rest of our lights gave enough light, but it wasn't direct. Then he moved his beam back toward the corner, and there was nothing there.
"That's strange," but it wasn't anything to get my nerves going. I stepped closer to the window, looking up at the corner, "Turn your lights off."
Everyone did so, wanting to see what I had up my sleeve, I pulled a ball of string out of one of my cargo pockets. From dimming light outside everyone could still see what I was doing. I tossed up at the darkened form in the corner. I timed it so that as the ball hit the corner I would shine my light there. I timed it very well, as the ball hit the wall, I shined my light at it. The ball appeared to stick in the corner of the walls and ceiling.
"And that is even more strange," I said.

Vim
Just then everyone shone their lights up there, amazed by the events.
"How in the world...?" Jason, my blonde headed buddy asked.
Everyone continued to stare, trying to think of some explanation.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boxed2.gif
"What kind of string was that?" Ben asked, he was always from inquisitive, quiet, and very intelligent.
"What do you mean?" finally taking my eyes away and actually looking at him, "It's string nothing special."
I looked back to the corner, nothing moved, but I could a scratching sound, it seemed to resonate from the corner.
"You guys hear that?" CJ asked.
We all agreed that we could hear the noise, "Is it coming from the corner?" Don asked.
"It sounds like it," I answered.
A loud, yet muffled thump was heard behind us, we all turned and shone our lights in the general direction.
I quickly looked around, mecool , Zackhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/george.gif , Jasonhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/fullmop.gif , CJhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/jester.gif , Ben http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/geek.gif and Donhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/jockey.gif . We were all accounted for, "I didn't hear anyone else come in..." I paused, and we began to walk slowly to the door to the next room. I made a glance toward the room where we all came in, "Hello?"
"What's he doing?" Ben asked his cousin CJ. CJ just shrugged, Don had overheard, "Hey man, you're not scared? Chickening out on us huh?"
I made my way back into the center of the room, I shined my light outside, then back toward where Zack had found a hole in the floor. I was startled to see dust or fog rising out of it.
"Come check this out," I said, in monotone voice.
The other guys could see the dust/fog rising as well, and hurried into the room.
"It wasn't doing that before," Zack said. confused

Vim
"I can't really see anything," I said as I peered into the small hole.
"Flashlight!" Don said, nearly hitting me with his flashlight!
I flicked the light on and shone it into the hole... I could see a faint outline of a body! I gasped and lurched backwards away from the hole.
Several outcries from my friends, "Hey! What the?" "What was it?" "What happened?" "What did you see?" Then CJ was heard much louder, as everyone had stopped, "Was it dead?!"
I stood up, horrified, then angry, "Yes, freakazoid, yes actually yes, I saw a dead bod--!"
Then coughing came from the hole, and we all rushed back to it!
I yelled down the hole, "Hey! Is someone down there?"
Another loud cough, and weakened voice was heard, "Yeah! It's me!"
"Me?? Who the hell is me?" Don yelled.
"It's me, Lance!" The voice was much clearer. We all looked at each other, then back at the hole.
"Lance? What in god's name are you doing in the basement of real haunted house?"
"Well, I knew you guys were coming, so I went on ahead to scare you," He takes a few breaths, and with the light shining on him, he begins to stand up, "But I fell."
"You mean...?" Ben began, and Jason finished, "Through this little hole!?"
"No! I mean..." He paused, "Well, yeah I guess I did?"
"This is getting really weird guys," Zack stated the obvious.
"Are you hurt?" I asked.
"Just a few cuts and bruises, I'll be alright," Lance replied.
"Jesus, you look pretty damn far away," Don said.
Just then the floor creaked, I somehow knew what was going to happen next! The floor caved in and the six of us fell. With about four loud thuds, and two at the same time, the ground had broken our fall.
Lance stood in the center of the circle of bodies, "Well, now you know how far."
Lance was more muscular than Ben, but pretty much the same height. Don was my size a bit more bulky and more muscle. Jason was pretty much my same size, CJ was my height, but more wiry. Zack was the big guy, he was six foot and was hefty, but he moved like a cat.

Captain REX
Wow, and update! stick out tongue

Looks good Vim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.