Tripoli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Anyone have any news about this movie??

I found this eek!

Crowe Out, Keanu in Tripoli
Whoa, I'm like overthrowing Libya.

November 17, 2003 - Variety breaks the news that Best Actor-winner Russell Crowe will not be reteaming with Gladiator director Ridley Scott for the historical epic Tripoli. Keanu Reeves has been tapped to replace him. No word yet on whether Ben Kingsley is still onboard to co-star.

Although the trade paper didn't specify why Crowe dropped out, it's most likely due to the impending birth of his first child and the actor's desire to take time off to be with his family.

Unfortunately, Tripoli has hit another roadblock despite the casting of Reeves. 20th Century Fox has reportedly put the pic into turnaround, "and now co-financing companies are kicking the tires." Could The Matrix Revolutions' poor second weekend at the box office be giving the powers-that-be cold feet?

If the pic is picked up by another studio, Tripoli could be Reeves' next project after Constantine. He would star as William Eaton in the William Monahan-scripted story of how Eaton "joined forces with an exiled king to overthrow the corrupt ruler of what is now Libya."

Omg that's so wicked!!!

silver_tears
anyone sad

Discos
sounds interesting, this is the first I hear.

But what do you mean it hit a roadblock? are other companies trying to over-buy the rights to the film or the rights to Keanu?

Discos - Confused as always

silver_tears
lol I dont know either it was a news article on a keanu fan site huh
im interested but i want more info yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.