I have seen it!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Falcon4ever
My buddy reels the films at the theater across the street from my work. Tonight we loaded up Monsters Inc. and the previews for Ice Age, E.T., Pet Pan Return to Never Land and of course Episode II. Let me just say this to everybody, "It was Sick!" Lucas is gonna have us on the ropes til the next one comes out. No spoilers here, just saying well worth the wait people. L8.

yerssot
come on! Tell me what was in it!

queeq
Sick? Is that a new expression for "great" these days?

Texas
I'm gonna see it tonightsmokin'

jedi212guy
Me too. It's gonna be sweet... On yeh.

Texas
Heres an Yahoo article about the trailer http://movies.yahoo.com/news/eo/20011102/100474403600.html

Winduski
I had a chance to see the trailer tonight ahead of "Monsters", which was a film I had planned to see anyway, so that worked out well. (I'm defending my thesis on Wednesday, so you may ask, "Why was I at the movies to start with?", to which I'll quickly answer "Pixar is far more enjoyable than gene expression." You can read my review of that film at www.sfu.ca/~manojb)

The trailer for Ep II was profoundly affecting. It really gave a sense of menace and eroticism, two things which this episode really needs. The quick snippets were a very a effective way of establishing the main themes of the film: a romance set against a growing feeling of discontent (look at the expression on Sam Jackson's face). If the movie is anything close to the trailer in terms of mood establishment, Uncle George may really be back in business.

cheers,
Winduski

Texas

Dim
Okay, I saw it twice tonight...and I thought it was great..definately a tease. Some of the shots that were really cool were the Shot of Kamino (rainy and stormy), Jango Fett flying up and away in the rain during the chase to some pillars, what looked to be Obi-Wan being suspended with his hands and feet bound by what looked to be force lightning (from what I could tell).

The one thing that my boyfriend and I did notice is the size of the transport ship that the clones are loading into. The ramp they walk up is huge....I would guess that it would around 30 ft across.. It was HUUUUUUUUGE..and really really tall.

Padme is only shown in the blue dress (not the white)and her kiss with Anakin looked pretty passionate. Yoda is looking really really good.. very stern. The shot they had of Mace made him look pensive(over his shoulder you see Padme and her entourage walking into the room).

Obi Wan had a blue lightsaber and Anakin had green.... I also noticed that in the shot of Slave 1 in the astro field it fired red shots.

There's also shots of 3P0 with his coverings, R2, Watto, clone kids learning..that sort of thing..

There were no shots of Palpatine or Dooku. Also no Owen or Beru or any of the other supporting characters.. No arena shots either.

The breathing is really prominant for most of the trailer but cut out near the end..it seemed to me to give a darker tone to the trailer..more so then if they had dialog.

The last thing I can think of is that it doesn't feel like episode one at all..much more moody...dark hall ways..Kamino and Coruscant were both dark and rainy. The only brightly light part was Tatooine and it seemed sad the way Anakin and Padme were hugging.

The audience went crazy..loved it.

Ratcat
*SULKS*

sad wink

mah
split opinions here i see, i'll just have to wait 'til monday to see it, then.

Dim
Yeah, I'm suprised that Tex didn't like it..I didn't hear nary a boo at the theater.

queeq
Tex didn't seem to like it as a trailer.... but it WAS a TEASER trailer.... So you were right Tex, it was meant to be a teaser trailer.

Dim
He doesn't like being teasedlaughing out loud

queeq
Not by GL, but maybe by you. wink

Dim
Okay, but then I can't tease you..roll eyes (sarcastic)

jedi212guy
I loved it. I really hope that there will be another teaser trailer, becuase that one was a little short. I loved the picture of Kamino, and I think that OB1 had enery binders of some sort on his hands and feet. I guess that's the only way to restrain a Jedi Master. Yoda looked like the pimp-daddy. It was very cool. You can go to www.episode-x.com if you want to see some blurry pictures of the trailer.big grin

finti
Clonetrooper assault ship(if it is the assault ship) looks way bigger than I thought

Texas
Yeah, I still dont like it. TPM had way more action. They mood of this trailer was really different. No happy SW music, very dreary and moody. The best scenes were with Obi One suspended in this blue light and when he was flying through Couriscant. It was too short. I hope the longer trailer shows more stuffroll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
and now you desperatly wants to see the movie...

King Jedi
If you think that then the teaser trailer has done it's job. It's designed to make you want to see more. smile

queeq
OKay, TPM can have the better teaser, this'd just be the better movie. wink

ToMacco
Okay, I saw it too.

When 20th Century Fox flashed on the screen, I thought "oh here it comes". Then the Lucas logo, then the breathing.

My heart beated hard, and I didn't blink. I was facinated with every small glimps of what I saw. Then it was over. And I thought "Wow, did I just see that?"

I didn't think I was excited to see Attack of the Clones, now I know I am.smokin'

queeq
Good.

Now, did you tape it so IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII could see it, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

jedi212guy
Remember Queeq, this is only the 1st teaser trailer. I am going to guess what is coming Nov 9th. I don't think it will be something exclusive. That would be unfair to all of us who don't have DVD players. I think it will be an early preview of the 2nd teaser trailer about Anakin and Padme. The rest of us will be able to see it with Harry Potter on the 16th.

ToMacco
Are they really going to show the EII teaser on MOnday?

Texas
This is all somewhat confusing, nothing like what GL did for TPM. Then he just had 1 trailer, they played it at the movies, and on TV the same day, now with AOTC we have a teaser trailer on the 2nd, something happening on the 9th, and a longer trailer with Harry Potter out later this month. The LF marketing department must be working overtime or somethingconfused

jedi212guy
The more the merrier.big grin

King Jedi
Is it confirmed that it will be on Harry Potter?

queeq
I think the trailer out on November 9 for DVD owners is just nice and dandy. Here's hoping. evil face evil face

Texas
Dont you mean DVD ROM owners?evil face smokin' cool smokin'

ToMacco
If that is an exclusive DVD trailer, I'm gonna fly to Lucas' house and smack him real good!

Then fly around the world, and smack all of you!eek!

yerssot
there will be ways....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.