Vigo outed from the closet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jackb
Did anyone else catch that part on the extended DVD footage when they were interviewing Merry's character and he was talking about Vigo's encounter with one of the extras on the set? He said that Vigo was hitting on a rider of rohan who was dressed up like a man, but found out later that it was a woman.

I'm not trying to troll here, this is something that is on the ext DVD footage, if you care to go and find it.

Is Vigo a flamer?

jackb
I'm talking about the Two Towers ext DVD here. Vigo makes the remark about how he could point out some of the odd characteristics about the guy who plays Merry, but it's obvious from his reaction that he is totally busted. Meanwhile Merry is cracking up trying to tell the story.

Dejio
It was a joke. Dominic Monaghan was only teasing Viggo Mortensen. And Viggo was just 'riding in' on the joke. Nothing to be alarmed here. End of topic.

jackb
Hey don't defend the guy if it's true. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Dominic later added Viggo would kick his ass for saying that.

Maybe I'm wrong. But you got to admit Viggo already has one strike against him for being blatantly liberal.

Did he go to school at Berkeley by any chance?

Sifer
Who gives a ****?

sauron
if hes gay hes gay so what

ian mckellen is gay, did it effect his acting in any way

and anyway, not long till anyman turns gay with that bloody nancy elf lurking around

Aurora
It was only a joke. Probally and inside joke between the two of them. If it is true, so what. But personally I think that Dom was just joking. laughing

Aurora
By the way I was heartbroken to hear about Ian, he is so cute. Now I have no chance.

turin
i think you misunderstood it (or i did) vigo was hitting on one of them (he knew it was a woman) and merry made fun of him cause she had a beard. vigo was married and has kids. i didnt know he was a big liberal though. i saw that he fished and that doesnt seem like a very liberal hobbie.

eldarion
I agree with Turin, I think you misunderstood him. But it was a pretty funny scene on the EE! Merry, what a joker. love

jackb
Maybe it was joke, but Viggo didn't seem to be laughing it off like it was just Dom being Dom. He actually looked rather pained to talk about the incident.

Being married doesn't matter anyway. Elton John and Rock Hudson were both married to women at one point.

I don't really care what his SO is, but it does ruin the movie magic to find out the lead characters are gay. I'll never be able to watch X-Men with the same enjoyment again. Magneto is queer? Jesus Joseph and Mary. Everything I've been lead to believe is a lie.

Aurora
He was ACTING. He wasn't upset. He was hiding a smile, watch him.

VengeanceGOD
Why on EARTH would that affect your enjoyment of the movie? So Ian's gay. He still does a damn good job with Magneto and Gandalf, and came up with one of the funniest scenes in X-2 BECAUSE he's gay. (The whole "have you tried not being a mutant?" scene.) Argh. Homophobia makes me so angry.

sauron
i know, but still so what if ians gay, and if viggo wasnt laughing its because he prob knew this joke would escalate and some idioy like you would start telling people he is gay, and so what if people are gay how does that stop your enjoyment of the film

some of the best celebs are gay

graham norton
elton john
george micheal
(the late great) freddie mercury
ian mckellen

and so on, i (L) all them people sp do NOT grief them

Aurora
I agree..... Some of my best friends that were in the plays that I did were gay. I loved them just the same!!!

jackb
No hey that's cool. if you're into that whole gay lifestyle I don't want to stop you from enjoying that sort of thing.

Get married, adopt kids, raise them all gay. Go to rainbow coalition gatherings.

Great. Really. I feel good about this.

But wouldn't homophobia be the fear of gay people? I just said it detracts from the character's likeability. Am I not allowed to express that attitude in the public anymore? What are you some kind of fascist?

Aurora
That is just wrong. I refuse to let myself be goaded into a argument about this. I belive that it is wrong to judge someone by their sexual pref. and those who do are narrowminded. It in NO way detracts from the actors preformance or the person themselves. I respect Ian as a wonderful actor and him being gay does not enter into the equation at all. If Viggo (or any actor for that account) were to "come out" It would not be my place to judge them!

pinksuezo
"not long till anyman turns gay with that bloody nancy elf lurking around"

lol why hasnt this thread been blocked already?

sauron
i also feel no need to argue, so i instead will have a discussioin

no i am not a facist, i accept peoples opinions but not one as narrowmindedly immature as yours, i do not see how an actors sexuality effects their performance, answer, it does not

and two, i am not gay, i do not indulge in the homosexual lifestyle, and if you think all gay men join rainbow coalition gatherings then i think you are a sick despicaple character,

so please, just apologise as you are in the wrong this time, and if you choose to do so this may end here and the thread can be closed, if not then, so be it

jackb
Who is judging anyone??? I just said I didn't like it as well.

Gosh.

If I told you he had a habit of beating kittens with hammers I'd bet you'd think twice about him. Some things don't appeal to everyone, that's all.

sauron
yes i would think twice about him, for that is an act of animal cruelty, a crime, its wrong, being gay is not it is a lifestyle choice.

bLooMiLiCioUs
yes
besides i'm for sum reason allured by gay menwhistle not THAT way,duh - but sometimes,yeah - damn sum of the HOTTEST guys turn out to be gay sumtimessad

jackb
Sodomy is actually a crime in many states. That's why I drew that comparrison.

sauron
well anywhere that homosexuality is a crime in, is a disgrace, mandella got equal rights for blacks woman got the vote, but we cant accept homosexuals, what is happening to the world

bLooMiLiCioUs
*sigh* tell me abt it
sauron------->THANK you!!!

sauron
thank you for.....?

your very much welcome anyway big grin :P

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing
for coming to their defensewink

sauron
big grin welcome big grin

i love a good battle, i can relate basically anything that happens in my life to a scene from the silmarillion, i am so sad lol, oh well, im playing checkers on msn plus now, and i have forced my friend to change her name to fingol and i am morgoth lol

plus i think jack b has given up, we are undefeatable

sauron
thingol sorry,

jackb
No I havn't given up. My positions stands just as it is.

You want acceptance? Fine, accept them.

And accept the fact that I still won't like them.

Sifer
That is your opinion and it's completely acceptable because it is your entitlement. But it should be kept to yourself and not forced upon others (I don't know if you did because I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread as it was irrelevant).

sauron
i accept that, as your puny mind is too small to understand that not everyone thinks as you, if you continue that way

jackb
No but that's the problem. You seem to think it's I who should learn to think like you, whereas I say you can think whatever you want, and I'm free to think whatever I want.

Maybe you just havn't realized you're turing into a bloody liberal fascist who wants to tell me how to think.

sauron
well, how nice of you to lose your temper, now now, calm, breath, now get ready here we go

i accept that your opinion is your opinion and cannot be changed, no matter what i do i am just showing mine, as i do not find it appropriate that you say you cannot like a character as much because the actor is gay, and 2. this thread is called viggo outed from the closet, and the thread emoticon was sick < that litle guy which i myslef do not find appropriate as in my eyes it shows that you think this man being gay is a sick thought, you liked him before though didnt you, you werent puttin sick him up before, so you did it because you thought he was gay, in other words, simpler ones for the simple mind, you dislike them now as they are different, which i believe makes you a person who believes everyone should be the same and act like each other making *YOU* the facist,

thank you, goodnight,

(now you cannot tell me i didnt just cyberwhupp his ass big grin)

turin
wow what a touchy subject. i think Ian mckellen did an amazing job in both rolls. I am going to get in trouble here for saying this but i think homosexuality is a sin, but i am not someones judge and jury (judge not lest ye be judged) and i would never hold it against anyone, for everyone sins. I understand what jackb is saying, when i first found out he was gay it kind of stund me, but i figure he is a good person and an amazing actor. i could picture no one else as gandalf, and it taints his performance for me not in the least.

GABRIEL05
Congratulations. I do not seem to find you're anecdotes and quips amusing. laughing

jackb
No no no man, you're making a huge leap in logic there.

I don't believe anyone should act like me, and I don't endorse my behaviour for anyone to replicate, children or adult.

I do think being gay is a bit sick, and there are probably lots of people close to me that have skeletons in their closets that would make me think less of them if they chose to open the doors to their secrets.

But nobody is everr going to be totally honest with everything they've done in the world. Not you, not me, not anyone. Because doing so would alienate everyone. The truly honest man is a lonely man indeed.

The only ones who are being asked to put up with a ton of crap, and change their world views are people like me. I'm not asking any gay person to be less gay, or talk less about it. BUT, if the world opinion is that of disdain and hatred, it might make a person think twice about their decisions in life.

It's not fascism to stand up for what you beleive in.

Aurora
I promised myslef I would not post on this subject again, but I really must. I agree with turin competely, I do not think that homosexuality is unsinful, but who are we to judge every person's born right of choice. I think that it is very neanderthal of u to post this topic in the first place. You did not post this for gaining support in your belife because God knows there are not many who are as narrowminded as u. You posted this to get attention and to stir u trouble. Well congradulations, u certainly know how to be a menece.

People like u are the ppl who make harmless ppl look bad. The rotten egg that spoils the entire carton. I wonder if u are as "Christ like" as u try to give the impression. Because if u are so great as to condem others, I have a few favors. My car needs new tires, would u be kind enough to blink those on over for me?

turin
i think people are being a little harsh on jackb. reading his last post he makes a lot of sense in regards to skeletons and such and he aknowledges that people probably shouldnt share his stance, but he shouldnt be condemned for his beliefs just like people shouldnt be condemned for being gay, especially since i get the feeling a little more was read into it then he said. remember this is about the great movies that PJ made based on Tolkiens world and we all have that incommon.

bLooMiLiCioUs
sauron------>you totally did!!!
and i dun think being gay or lesbian is a sin cuz t's THAT person's preference

VengeanceGOD
Oh my dear lord, the ignorance of some people. You talk about homosexuality being a sin, so let's talk about that. It's mentioned as not being allowed once in the Bible, and that passage has nothing to do with sin. It's mentioned because, at the time it was written, the focus was on survival. Homosexuality was a luxury that they couldn't afford, because they needed more children. Does that make it a sin? No, especially in our current society.

You say you don't judge people, and yet you call homosexuality "sick." Being a tad hypocritical there? You know what really is sick? Judging someone based on something you know nothing about. If you're not them, if you're not friends with someone who is gay, then you have absolutely no right to judge.

Fascism? Fascism is all about surpressing things you don't understand. That's what YOU'RE doing. We're fighting back because the opinions you express are incredibly ignorant. Do you have a right to them? Of course, but we would be remiss if we didn't try to change them. It is the duty of every living person on this planet to treat everyone else with respect. If you don't, then you're not following the Christian faith.

And finally, it's absolutely rediculous to say that Ian being gay affects his performance at all. It may effect how you view his performance, but that's a problem with you being ignorant and close-minded, not with Ian being gay. Once you can accept that, and try to change, you'll have grown up a lot.

Aurora
Couldn't have put it better myself. *bows*

bLooMiLiCioUs
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pray.gif

VengeanceGOD
Haha. Thanks guys.

bLooMiLiCioUs
big grinbig grin

jackb
Oh my dear lord, the ignorance of some people. You talk about homosexuality being a sin, so let's talk about that. It's mentioned as not being allowed once in the Bible, and that passage has nothing to do with sin. It's mentioned because, at the time it was written, the focus was on survival. Homosexuality was a luxury that they couldn't afford, because they needed more children. Does that make it a sin? No, especially in our current society.

I could care less if anything think homosexuality is a sin. I'm not a Christian and don't plan on ever being one. I think homosexuality is sick.

You say you don't judge people, and yet you call homosexuality "sick." Being a tad hypocritical there?

Just judging the act, not the person. Just like courts judge the act, not the person. That's why you do time for your crime you've being accused of, and not all the crimes you've ever commited in your life.

Fascism? Fascism is all about surpressing things you don't understand. That's what YOU'RE doing.... If you don't, then you're not following the Christian faith.

I'm not supressing anyone. I don't stalk anyone, I don't intimidate anyone, I don't oppress anyone. Gays are free to be gay and free to be hated. Trust me when I say I couldn't care less about the warwongering, giberish believing Christian faith. Exactly what part of Christ are you eating anyway? The lips? The nipples? I think cannabilism is sick too.

And finally, it's absolutely rediculous to say that Ian being gay affects his performance at all.

I said it effected his likability, not his performance.

Aurora
Hummm,,, maybe I can't read but if I am not mistaken u said it ruins the movie magic. IMO the movie magic is made by the preformance not the actors sexual pref. Yet now u say it has nothing to do with the movie, it effects his likeability.

Next time u try to back out of the fire YOU CREATED gracefully, remember that we can read.... and reread your previous posts. Admit u were wrong on that account if u are gonna change your views.

jackb
Of course the MM. The "movie magic" being the character. It's Aaragorn for crying out loud! From now on when people announce Viggo Mortenson it's going to be "from the Lord of the Rings". I don't know about you but I was about 8 years old when I read the Hobbit and the LOTR. You know, before they invented a little thing called Dungeons and Dragons? This trilogy means alot to die hard fans.

This isn't some third rate Hollywood B movie nobody will ever remember. The characters and the people who portray them make the movie. Do you think Rebel Without A Cause would have been so successful had it not been for Dean's rebellious behavior offstage?

Which sort of makes me wonder why the chose Peter Jackson to do this at all. Gee, you've done a couple of crappy horror movies, nobody has ever heard of you, how would you like to do The Lord Of The Rings now? Makes no sense. I would have rather have seen someone with a name do this, like Lucas or Spielberg.

But I'm glad you can read. That's quite an accomplisment coming from someone browsing the internet.

Izz
Let's stop this. It's going nowhere and we will never agree anyway, we're just starting to curse at eachother. We know most of us don't agree with jackb's vision on homosexuality, and that jackb will not change his opinion. Jackb's just kicking at everything so let's not trouble everyone with that.

VengeanceGOD
As much as I hate to agree with you and stop this, you're right. Some people will always be ignorant bigots.

bLooMiLiCioUs
agreed.ppl's opinions just can't be changed.

Aurora
I give. It's over.

sauron
well, i agree, it should end here,

until the next time..........

fini
*fini claps for VengenceGod*.............i could not have put it better.........

glad to know you're living in the 21th century............unlike a lot who still reside in the 18th or older

jackb
Oh geez. You all know you love old 5th century Middle Earth. I don't recall reading about any gays in Tolkiens world. In fact Tolkien himself was a devout Catholic. DEVOUT Catholic. To believe in the story you have to believe in the author.

Whatever. You're giving up. Typical.

Enjoy your 21st Century PC liberalist America. I think I'll stick to Middle Earth, where girls are girls and men are men.

sauron
if you stick to middle earth you will become overly obsessed seriously

and erm, just because a book has no gays doesnt mean a thing

mah
We don't allow prejudice of any kind here; which includes any gay-bashing. And this is hardly the place for such debates in any case.

Closiing.

Aurora
Don't let him win sauron, just let him have his way. He is just an annoyance. laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.