Choice, do you think we really possess it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Socrates
At one point in time in my youth, I used to think we had choice in life, that we were in control of our own destiny. However, as I get older and study life, my own in fact, I am starting to believe in the preordained, everything has already been planned out for each of us.

Or from what I saw on here today b/c I don't come here often, that we have already made all of our choices, now we must understand why we did. Which makes more sense of this naggin feeling in me, the question is always why. Why do we just accept "human nature", instead of trying to understand it and go beyond it, e.g it is human nature to get jealous if your loved one is flirting with another, yet if you understand that its human nature, why can't you over it come it? I am not saying you don't personally, b/c I try to everytime I realize I am acting out of human nature.

But back to my topic- choice. My analogy I've come up with life is it's like the picture books where they say, if you want to see the ending go this route turn to page 11 instead of 6 or vice versa, that's life right there, we do have the power of choice, but just enough to make us feel like we have choice when in reality, it ulitmately leads to the same ending for each of us, whatever our ending is meant to be.

So do you feel that we are in control of our destiny or is that a false assumption? I say that it's the latter.

mors823
hate to break it to you, but there is already a thread in this. sad . Actually there's more after searching, but here's the most pop on. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15977&highlight=choice
Post your ideas there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.