A true matrix riddle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

So am I in the Matrix right now? If I jumped off my balcony can I fly? Where can I find an agent? What is the meaning of the Taste Wheat poster in the subway in Revolutions?

dave123
this forum has really gone down hill sad

Ahnold
"The newbies are everywhere, all around us, even now in this very room. You can see them when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television. You can feel them when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes."

Sorry - I know this anti-newb attitude isn't like me at all - but even I have limits.

My apologies to 42212 - nothing personal.

The Omega
42212> No. No. Nowhere. There is none.

If you want to start a discussion on whether or not we are in A or THE virtual world Matrix, it has been discussed countless times. If you even consider jumping from a balcony I suggest you seek some help.

Ahnold
God, I hope that he was only jk...

The Omega
Ahnold> So do I. However, from past experience, there is no guarantee. Unfortunately.

JediHDM
wow...thats kinda scary...

DanZeke25
very

hotsauce6548
this will be closed now

closing-closed

hotsauce6548
nah im jus kiddin

MC Mike
Jedi> kinda scary? More like terrifying........ and confusing as hell as to "why?".

mailedbypostman
You need some help 42212. Do not, i repeat, do NOT jump off that balcony. If you NEED to believe in the matrix so much, then i must remind you that you need to be UNPLUGGED to learn how to do that.

The One Himself
Remember: Even The One failed in his 1st jump!!! So do not try somethng stupid like that!

Daedalus
I had to quote that Ahnold 'cos I found it hillarious, oh yeah.....don't jump of that balcony, don't go around looking for guys donning suits and sunglasses.

Daedalus' tip of the day - Don't try to dodge bullets. It doesn't work, believe me.

sith_darth_jay
42212>the anwers for your questions:

1. No
2. Yes, like a cow flies, you will too (i don't think you're seriusly think you can, right?)
3. in the matrix an reloaded dvd, in the internet, everywhere... (not in real life though)
4 Dunno

Ice_Lightningo3
42212....ITS A FREAKIN MOVIE...YOU CRAZY DUTCH BASTARD...no offence to anyone dutch btw...I luv u guys..you have the land of chocolate...mmmm....chocolate...

awoken
Actually in the AniMatrix, Kid jumped off a building and died, but was woken up that way.

I wonder if anyone/how many people were actually mest up enough to believe that and tried it?

Did they wake up?

NO!

Ice_Lightningo3
Lets search the net lol...I'm sure there have been a few

mors823
Let's play a liitle mind game. Let's assume that the Matrix is real (or something like it). Therfore, the movie the Matrix was created or aloowed to be created by the machines in order to make us believe that it is not possible. I mean whoever believes that things in movies are real (unless it's based on a true story) is an idoit. Ergo, people who realize that this world is false will be shunned (like right now) by the community and no one will believe them. Ergo, the machines are using reverse phyc agianst us and the Matrix really is real.
Anybody who believes what I just said needs a CAT scan and should take the blue pill.

MC Mike
huh I like purple pills.

Happy Dance

Yeah... I get it. I already thought that but didn't want to be shunned, as you call it. So I gave into the will of the machines...

The Omega
Everyone> Okay, no making FUN of 42212, please.
Maybe he/she was just trying to start a debate, and got off on a completely wrong track.

42212> IF you do not seriously THINK the Matrix is real, please post again, and try to explain what it is you'd like to debate. Your post does, unfortunately, come across as if you THINK the Matrix IS real...

Basically, I just wanted to bring up the point that we consider those individuals who believe they are trapped in a 'virtual world' to be incoherent or essentially insane. There is no way to know what is 'real' and what is virtual or conceived. What is beyond this world, if anything, is unknown. Thus, we are all ****ed and stuck where we're stuck. I am OK.

awoken
the only one here mest up is omega. Give me a break. Your acting like this person I talk to on the other end of the computer is real. Posh. Only a program my dear silly girl.

JediHDM
um...i don't know what to say to that remark...

Mordecai
What is awoken on about??

Is he/she implying that The Omega is a program or that we are all programs or what??

*hasn't read the rest of the thread*

blink

JediHDM
i have no idea, which is why i don't know how to respond to that...

Lag
Originally posted by MC Mike
huh I like purple pills.

I never thought of mixing medication.....hhmmmm the possibilities smokin' rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Daedalus
I know it is extremely unlikely the Matrix isn't real (I don't think it is personally) but think about how ignorant we all sound, do any of you know 100% that we aren't living in a computer program, no, its like saying Earth is the only planet with intelligent life on it.

Mordecai
Everyone has their own beliefs.
These beliefs cannot be argued.

Because of "how do you know?" questions, if anyone questions any belief and has no evidence to back it up its always the "how do you know?" but in turn how does the one with the belief in question know in the first place, its belief, discussing it is useless, its a sub-concious matter.

JediHDM
blink

THISISNOTREAL2
come on guys, its a freaking movie! made by two brothers who are smarter than they should be! its a movie based on what would be a comic book! please people you are the only realatively sane people i know! wink

(I come from a WIERD family)

Agent
my family is pretty goofy, too.

Ok, movie or not. I don't believe the Matrix is real (not like in the movie, anyway) because if it was real we might have had better lives and the world that would then be pulled over eyes would also seem better...which of course it isn't....we suck...we are unable to look after our planet.

But even if we lived in a Matrix - like in the movie -we wouldn't know about it. The machines would just rewrite the code or eliminate the entities who think it up.

mors823
The truth is that we will nevr know if the Matrix is real or not. It's like the question "is there really a god". You won't really know until you're dead. You wont; really know if there is a Matrix unless some gets unplugged, or sees someone take over another body like an agent. That reminds me, the last 5 days are a blur to me; it's like someone took over my body. Red pill time!

The Omega

mors823
Sorry, I'm part athiest. Maybe ther is, maybe there isn't but i'll leave it at that. The point there are some things we believe aer true, but have no proof.

MSorter
I think it is safe to rule out that the Matrix is real (as seen in the movie anyway) because I think the agents would have noticed the blockbuster hit, and would have never let it been released.

Or maybe they did, and they came up with the sequels?

mors823
MSorter> You're walking on dangerour grounds. Insult the Matrix further and I will curse you for a 10000000000000 years! No, not really, that just sounds cool. Any way, it's phyc. Make the Matrix rejects look crazy and the 1% is dealt with.

MSorter
actually I enjoyed the sequels. Very much so infact. I just had a good line and I took it.

Mindmage
For the people who can't get enough of the "virtual" possiblities. Read a book called "The Caverns of Socrates". I don't remember the author's name but it is relavent to the discussion. It theorizes on the possibilites of what is "real", just like the Matrix movies. Just wanted everyone to know this theory has been debated since the time of Socrates.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.