USH'S MATRIX GAME: SECOND ASSIGNMENT: 'Ghost Hunt'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
FULL ASSIGNMENT DETAILS

Assignment Name: Ghost Hunt.

Objective: To locate Captain Jericho and the rest of the crew of the Bounty.

Details: A vitally important Zion operation was recently compromised in action and the team involved was lucky to escape without casaulties. The failure of this mission has de-railed our current counter-strategy against the machines and ruined monts of surveillance work.

The failure of the mission was caused by the unforseeable presence of another team of Rebels- that of Captain Jericho and his team from the Bounty. THis team was attempting the same objective in competition to our own and this clash alerted the system to our presence.

That Jericho's team was there without permission is not the most unsual thing. That they are there at all, considering that the Bounty was destroyed with all hands six months ago, most certainly is.

Jericho was one of our most senior and valued Captains and his team- Medea, Tyr, Loomis and his first officer Khali- constituted an elite operations force, perhaps our best. Their loss was a serious blow to our struggle. Now this simple tragedy has turned into a deep mystery. Either Jericho and his crew are not dead, or something extremely odd is going on.

Either way, that this situation has already casued the failure of one of our vital missions demonstrates that accurate information about this situation is essential- one way or another, something like this must not happen again.

Your mission is simply to locate Jericho and his team. After that, the situation must be analyzed- if they can be negotiated with and an answer found do so. Should they prove hostile, however, the Council agrees that termination of this problem is preferable to leaving it be for the dubious and uncertain benefits of finding out what has happened. The safety of operations launched from Zion comes before answers- but get answers of you can.

COMMENTS- by Locke

"This situation has created an inevitable amount of speculation and wild theory, You know my opinions on such things. I know the Matrix is an odd place but I will not accept extreme suggestions of answers unless they are backed by solid evidence.

"We have two main options. The first is that Jericho is not dead, and that by extension that the Bounty has not been destroyed. This certainly fits the facts we have before us. Unfortunately, this question raises more problems than it answers.

"Why would Jericho fake the death of his ship and crew? What could he- and they- possibly gain from it? How was he capable of doing so? The destruction of the Bounty was confirmed by the Hammer at the time. They found its wreckage and the shells of Sentinels killed with an EMP blast during a chase. Our analysts suggest that faking of such a situation is possible, but doing it without genuinely alerting the machines would render it ludicrous.

"The questions get still worse the more we look at this situation. Where are his crew getting food and water from? Where is his ship getting power from? All of our ships have to regularly return to Zion for recharge. It is one of our greatest liabilities that we have been unable to remove. We would be interested in knowing an alternative.

"Perhaps most galling of all- if this is the given situation, how could they stay alive without regular intelligence updates from Zion and other ships? How do they evade sentinels? Most critically of all- how can they have found a broadcast point that is not only safe from Sentinel activity, but that we in Zion do not know the existence of either?

"From what we know, these problems are insoluble. However, the alternative is, if anything, worse.

"The alternative is that the Bounty was indeed destroyed, yet Jericho and his team are still there. One such option involves these not being the people we once knew, but simulations of them in the MAtrix using their RSIs. Intelligence can think of no possible benefit this would bring the Machines or why they would be doing what they seemed to be doing when observed- this included trying to steal information from the system and mtaking aggressive action against an Agent.

"Another option involves Jericho's crew somehow being still alive in the Matrix after physical death. I would remind people that this is impossible for two reasons. First, without your brain you have no mind and cannot survive in or out the Matrix. Secondly, alive or not, without somewhere to broadcast into the Matrix from, you cannot exist within it. You cannot become 'trapped' in there, by any means.

"Other equally objectionable scenarios exist. It seems we have a choice between many impossibles. It is for exactly this reason that we are sending you on this mission. It is my recommendation that you assume Jericho and his ship are indeed still intact and find out why this is possible, rather than assuming the even more ludicrous other options. Some of you may not agree- as I say, I will want evidence before I believe different.

"Because of the extreme mystery surrounding this situation, and that we have no clues or starting points, I have agreed with the recommendation from Captains Dallas and Marduk about how to start.

"You shall consult the Oracle."

SPECIAL RULES:

Normal Mission: This is a normal mission. There are no special rules. You must obey bulk and weight rules as normal. I wouldn't normally bother saying this, but this is the first normal misison you have had!

ESTIMATED DANGER LEVEL: Medium. Which means they have no idea; Matrix life can be dangerous but you are not going to attack a System base, or something.

TIPS:

As you may have noted, this is not a specific situation but a general 'thing' during which 'other things' will develop. So be ready for all possibilities.

Listen to what the Oracle says. And if you think that is a 'duh'... there IS reason for me to say that.

You are not limited- save by Bulk and Weight- about what weapons you can take, so make sure you are covered for all eventualities you want to be able to deal with.

ROLES:

None. However, you may wish to designate people to do the talking, or have people with pre-assigned roles (e.g. 'Burn, you stand at the back and shoot the crap out of anything hostile that comes my way"wink as time goes by.

If you have any questions, ask me.

I have a question for you. You cannot ALL go to see the Oracle- you would not fit., Therefore I want an Oracle visting 'team' of a number you think is appropriate. You can argue that out amongst yourselves.

Fire
Walks over towards the Shez.
"I'm ready to go"
when I see Ariadne I ask her:"Do you know how Dallas actualy made captain?"

Ushgarak
About the Oracle

Some work has alreayd been done in the Zion thread about who goes and who does not. Here are some tips from me.

- There will be no fighting going on whilst visiting the Oracle. SO you do not need to make a tacitcal plan

- I would say about six people going to see her is a reasonable max

- There should be at least one representative from each ship

- At least one Veteran would be nice. Not necessary but it tracks well.

- Not everyone who goes will actually be spoken to by the Oracle, I am afraid.

- This is a REALLY obscure thing but it represents some pre-knowledge from me... if you are worried about making it up to people feeling left out whilst the others consult the Oracle, then for a more even distribution of players throughout this Assignment then it might help if players who carry guns go see her. Again, that is just a suggestion, not a necessity, and it quite obscure.

- Celsius HAS to go, as we will see in a mo.

JediHDM
ok, if we break up the guns and MA, and then break up the vets, i see this...

I Mors Rade Burn Virus Celsius Cloud
II Fire Ares Heff Castor San Coeus

Team I is Oracles, II is in a cafe across the street

EDIT: I changed this to reflect Ush's commentary...

Ushgarak
Aboard the Shez...

Gleaming new engines in place, the Shez glides towards its download position.

"Well, you guys had better make up your mind who wants to go..." says Dallas.

Ariadne talks to you quietly, Fire.

"What, as in yuo are wangering if he won it in a competition, or something?" she says, smiling. "Send in ten tokens and become a Captain? Heh... no, he was commissioned by the Council. He had a good record."

-

The crew of the Percy...

As before, you are already in the Matrix. Marduk has returned half his crew to their observation duty, but the other half are on this mission, under Celsius (though again, the Assignment as a whole remains a Shez operation).

For this specific part, he has sent Celsius and whatever other Percy people post for this first part.

Celsius, your orders are simple. You are to go to the Oracle's apartment, and find out if it is all clear for the Shez crew to come make their rendezvous.

(again, we'll do loadout for you all a bit later)

Right now, Celsius, you are at the intercom on the outside of the apartment building, needing to buzz in.

JediHDM
*I walk up behind Fire and Ariadne* "How much longer till we get there? And where is the Percy crew right now? How they doing?"

Fire
Whispers back:"What do you mean had a good record?"

"good but I'd change Castor or Rade by Ares or Burn"

Fire
"Percy crew prolly is already with the oracle, or close to it, and I have no idea how long it is till we reach broadcast depth"

Ushgarak
Ariadne shrugs.

"Successful missions, I guess," she says. "We're waiting for a call from the Percy to move in."

Vincent Rendar
Castor had a bag full of his things. He placed the bag in his room on the ship and walked to the main deck to see Ariadne speaking.

He nodded to her and looked around at the improvements to the craft.

"She looks good, you do good work." Castor seldomly said anything, esspecially compliment wise so it was definately a sincere gesture.

Ushgarak
You've already left, Castor.

Vincent Rendar
(I understand that a certain amount fo vets have to go, and that celcius has to go but why the rest of the people are only gun experts is beyond me?)

Ushgarak
I know.

tptmanno1
"you wanna buzz in or shall I"
(do i get to describe my car now, do i , huh, do i?? cmon let me!!)

Bespin Bart
(As first mate on the Shez, I should like to see the Oracle.)

"I should know, Fire, I was once a Captain. Didn't end well, as you all know, but I was at one point..." Mors says, overhearing the conversation. "Anyway, we should probably get this over with. Captain Jericho was a friend of mine, and why the hell his crew is in the Matrix if he's supposed to be dead is beyond me. Thank god we have the Oracle..."

Mors rubs the hilt of the katana at his belt. His veteran's item, he had found it on the surface somewhere near what had once been Tokyo. It has how people easily recognized him.

"Ariadne, what do you think of this? This whole...ghost hunt..."

General Zink
"I should like to see the Oracle, but if you prefer it, I'll drive instead," Heph offers. "Wherever you think I am most useful."

JediHDM
Mors and Celsius get Oracle priviledges by default...other than that, it is up for grabs, and, although i would love to see the Oracle, it is not necessary for me too, if there is someone else...

SpikeSpiegel
"Are you OK man?" Cloud asks Celsius, "You almost died before. We can't lose the Percy's first mate now can we?"

Kosta
"I'll be fine, Cloud, thankyou. Keep yourself focused on the mission at hand."
*I straighten up my long leather trench coat, and push the buzzer*.....

(Carrying Light Machine Pistol: Ingrams Mac 10. with 4 clips. Sunnies. Cell phone.)

Dexx
(well..you're not IN the amtrix yet)

so...guess you're gonna have to flip a coin about those who see the oracle, ush..

Kosta
(Oh were not? :s sorry. BLAH! well. I'll keep that post for when we are)

Okies

EDITED!

"I'll be fine, Cloud." *I rub my still slightly bruised abdomen* "We have to focus on what we must do. Doubt will only get us in to more trouble."

Captain REX
(Actually, Celsius is, Dexx. He's making sure the way to the Oracle is clear.)

JediHDM
Celsius IS in the matrix, as specified by Ush in his post...and WE have to decide who goes, it's not up to Ush...

Fire
well let's do this thing

Celsius, Mors, Burn, Hep, Rade and San go

everyone ok with that? (just made this from the top of my head)

Vincent Rendar
Sounds okay to me.

Ushgarak
Celsius, the buzzer is answered by the Oracle's assistant, as seen in M1. When you explain who you are, she tells you to come on up. You leave Cloud (and possibly Virus if she plays) outside to look out for the others, bringing San with you.

Not for the first time, you wander why the Oracle lives in such austere surroundings. The journey up through the building is dark and gloomy. Still, soon enough, you are at the familar corridor that leads to the door to the Oracle's apartment.

At which point, Celsius and San, you hear footsteps behind you. You are being followed.

Ushgarak
BTW, in the Oracle sequence to follow, if people not there want to give 'hints' to the people who are there about what they think should be said, feel free. I would hate for the others to feel totally shut out.

Dexx
ahem...where am i right now?

JediHDM
you are on the Shez, waiting for us to get to broadcast depth and await confirmation from Celsius that the coast is clear...

tptmanno1
"Shh, were being followed, Im gonna find out who it is."
(Im assuning i have my deagle cuz i never go in to the matrix without it)
*i drop into a dark corner and draw my deagel*

Captain REX
Burn, you AREN'T in the Matrix, only Celsius and San. We're on the Shez! *smacks forehead*

tptmanno1
dammit
*smacks rex's head too*
sorry embarrasment

JediHDM
ok, let me say this...there are only three, perhaps four people in the Matrix right now...Celsius, San, Cloud, and perhaps Virus, if shes playing...everyone else is on the Shez, waiting for confirmation...

Captain REX
Indeedy-do.

Ushgarak
!

Where's Celsius? He's normally posted in the evening (his morning) by now! Darn it... I'll give it a little bit.

Yup, Percy only in the Matrix right now.

tptmanno1
ok you confused me there for a while

Ushgarak
He'd better be on soon! Tell you what, as you are all preparing to enter anyway, we can do Loadout now.

Ushgarak
Loadout

You are in a pure white room surrounded by vast amounts of weaponry. Welcome to the Loading Programme!

Here you may chose what you are, will be, or have taken into the Matrix whilst on Assignment

When you load up for this misison, you must worry about two things

1. How much you can hide (Bulk)
2. How much you can physically carry (Weight)

Everything you carry with you has a weight and bulk rating. If you go over weight, you start losing skill and speed. If you go over bulk, the fact that you are carrying fourteen tons of arteillery with you may be noticed. If you are under bulk then your weapons will not be spotted except in a detailed search or security scanner (like those at the airport).

The maximum amount of bulk you can carry is 14 points worth. This assumes you are wearing one of those huge trenchcoats. If you are not carrying much, you can chose to wear something slimmer. Trinity, for example, wears an outfit that cannot conceal a damn thing...

Do remember, though, that you only need to worry about bulk IF YOU INTEND TO CONCEAL THE OBJECT!

Here is the amount of Weight you can carry:
Strength 3: 9 points
Strength 4: 11 points
Strength 5: 13 points.

Remember you must take account of these two seperate numbers

Here are the bulk/weight numbers:

General

Shades: 0/0
Watch: 0/0
Wallet: 0/0
Mobile Phone: 0/0
Clip (pistol): 1/.5 (Glock 18- 2/1)
Clip (SMG): 2/1 (Ingrams- 1.5/1)
Clip (assault rifle/shotgun/sniper rifle): 3/2

Advanced Lightning Reload reduces the bulk of clips by .5.

Guns- with magazine loaded

Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol: 2/2
Glock 17: 3/2
Glock 18: 5/3
Sig-Saur P229: 4/4
.50 AE Desert Eagle: 5/4
Ingrams Mac 10: 4/3
HK MP5K: 6/5
Dlask Tactical Entry Shotgun: 9/6
HK MP5: 9/6
M16 Assault Rifle: 12/6
HK PSG-1: 12/8

Weaponry

Knife: 2/1
Nunchukas: 3/2
Staff: 12/4
Small staff (walking stick): 8/4
Spear: 15/4
Sword: 10/4
Axe: 9/5
Exotic (sais, hook swords etc.): 4/4
Throwing Knife: 2/1
Throwing Star: 1/.5

Ushgarak
Much as I hate to re-write continuity...

Cloud, you are now going to be waiting outside the Oracle's door rather than her building now. In which case, though you won;t be seeing her, you WILL be with Celsius and San in the corridor outside her apartment. So you too hear the footsteps behind you...

Kosta
(Okies sorry folks)

*I hear footsteps behind us. Stop in my traks. Unholster my gun as quickly as I can annd turn around pointing it at whoever is there.*

Ushgarak
Celsus, you spin, guns out.

You catch sight, at the corner of the corridor, of a tall man with long dark hair- VERY long hair, fringed at the front, that seems to cover much of his face so you can see little of him.

But even as you look, he is darting away, around the corner and out of your sight. You hear his footsteps receding and a door opening.

JediHDM
okie, i got:

Cell
Wallet
Watch
Shades
My Katana 10/4
beretta 2/2
and two clips 2/1

for a total of 14/7

Kosta
*I holster my gun, and dial Finn.*

"Info on the tall Hairy man thats been following us along the corridor. Keep on the line and tell me what he does.*

*I keep my phone out and llisten for any updates from Finn and continue along the corridor.*

Ushgarak
"Operator," says Finn, when you call him. You describe your request.

"Hang on..." he says, You hear him tapping out commands on his keyboard as he turns to look at your situation.

"Err... who do you mean, again?" he asks.

Noted, Coeus...

Kosta
"The man at the nd of this halway, he was following me. He took off around the corneer. Tall, sskinny, hairy man. Who is he?"

Ushgarak
You hear Finn tapping away a bit more.

"I'm sorry," he says. "But I'm not reading anything like that."

The footsteps stopped after you heard the door open and close, Celsius.

Kosta
"Damnit. I dont want any goddanm thing screw this one up for us. Plese keep you eye out for a man with long black hair covering his face. He didnt look to friendly"
*I hang up and Dial Ariadne*

"Weve hit a slight snag. I was being followedd, Nothing that ruin the mission SO far, but it mmeans we may have to set up more people as security. Tell Fire when u get the chance. Howewver small a snag, its still a snag, and I dont want to take any chances."

Ushgarak
"Huh?" says Ariadne. "Hold on..." you hear her talking in the background.

Dallas comes on the line.

"What yoo talking 'bout, boy?" he asks. "Followed by what? And how? Inside or outisde? Did you let whoever it is come in through the door after you? If yes, you must be brain dead, if no, how did it get there? Is it safe for us there or not? If you don't know, find out! You see anything, Ariadne?"

"Nothing," she says.

"Celsius, are you feeling ok?" asks Dallas.

Kosta
damnit *I think to myself*

"Nothing major at this point captain, just need to keep ann eye out, can never be too safe."

*I put the phone away and walk towards the door.*

Ushgarak
The door long haired guy headed for, or the Oracle's door?

Kosta
(I think I'll check this one out)

The long haired guy

Ushgarak
That door is just around th corner.

It is very quiet around here as you walk- your footsteps the only noise. The door is an apartment door. As you put a hand on it, it has not been closed properly and it swings open into darkness...

Kosta
*I look around for a light switch.*

(Shoulda brought a flashlight sad)

Ushgarak
After a few seconds of fumbling, you find the switch, and the light comes on.

!

There's no-one in here. Just a blank, bare room.

No... there is something... uhhh... looks like a small puddle of black... sludge

Errr... you've never seen anything like this before.

Kosta
*I examine it closer, but dont touch it*

*Dial up Finn again.*

"I'm in an empty room. Theres a puddle of sludge on the floor, can you tell me what it may be?"

Ushgarak
"Errr..." says Finn. "That, my friend, is sludge."

Kosta
"No kidding." I say in a sarcastic tone. "Well, I want YOU to do me a favor, it sounds ridiculous, but youll have to trust me. Keep a close eye on this "Sludge" for me."

*I walk out of te room, and head towards the Oracles door*

JediHDM
*Coeus listens to Dallas' side of the conversation, even more puzzled by every passing word. Dallas hangs up* "Uh, sir...what was that about?"

Ushgarak
-----

(On board the Percy)

"Marduk?" calls out Finn. "Celsius is telling me to watch sludge for him, so he is."

There is a pause.

"Check his neural-kinetics are ok, will you?" asks Marduk...

----

Ok, Celsius, somewhat more ruffled than you had planned, you knock on the Oracle's door.

And you are met by that same woman, the Oracle's assistant, from M1 again. She smiles, and asks you to come in. She makes some small talk, asking how you are, and so on.

Ushgarak
"Oh, just Celsius babbling about something," says Dallas. "I bet he still calls in safe."

Kosta
"Just DO it Finn, dont be a smarass, I'm fine. You may even thank me later."
-------------------------

"I'm fine. And Yourself?"

"May I see her please?"

Ushgarak
(Finn was not on the line to you at that time)

-

"Well," she says. "I am afraid the Oracle is not here right now. She has things to do. But she'll be here for your friends, that is all fine. She is ready to talk about your problem."

That's all you need, Celsius.

Kosta
*I dial Finn*

"All clear. And Finn.......please, do this for me. Keep a close eye on that sludge. I'm asking you as a friend, dont tell Marduk."

Ushgarak
"Don't tell Marduk, have you lost it, Celsius? He wants to know everything that's going on. Look, I have no idea who you saw or what that sludge is. But I'll keep an eye on things as always."

-

Ok, guys, we have the all clear! The Oracle visiting team from the Shez can head to her place now.

Evrryone will need to do their loadouts.

"Take them in, Mors..." says Dallas. "See what the lady has to say."

And you may all hook in!

Kosta
*I walk out in to the corridor and keep an eye ut till the Shez crew arrives.*

JediHDM
*turns to crew* "You heard the Cap'n, set 'em up!!"
*I turn back around and help people get into their seats before i sit down and jack in, opening my eyes in the Loadout program, then open my cell and dial Ariadne* "All set, Ariadne. ready when you are, and, tell Cap'n not to feel too bad, this should be clean cut in and out, not too difficult"

Ushgarak
You've done it so many times, Coeus. But this time, when the spike goes into the back of your neck and the real world jolts away to nothing, it feels very significant...

Something big is up. You guess you knew it already. There's no simple answer to this one.

Anyway, yes, loadouts from others, then?

JediHDM
*Putting away my cell, i turn to the others in the Loadout Programme*
"Ok, everything that has happened in the last few days is making me very uneasy, so, everyone, if you could, max out, please. I don't want to lose anyone this time, like we almost lost Celsius last time...The Oracle is going to tell us something, and whether it is what we want to hear or not is not the question, however, let us get this over and get outta the Matrix as quickly as possible, hmm?"

tptmanno1
ok
all the free stuff
my specialty "No Refunds" deagle with my "Courtesy of" bullets and 2 extra clips
a mp5 and 1 clip

and...
im driving this time, cuz i feel like it thats why, and i whant huge amounts of weaponry!

ok i want a 69 mustang fastback, with hood scoop, red racing stripes, V8
AND, in the glove compartment i want 2 extra "special" deagles with 6 "Special" clips,
In the trunk 3 mp5's 2 m16's and a Dlosk, with 8 SMG clips and 3 dlosk clips
im not getting caught off guard this mission!,
o and 2 spare tires

EDIT: add the sniper and 2 clips to the arsenal in the trunk, with 3 kantanas, for the vets, 2 regular knives and 4 throwing

JediHDM
um, are we even gonna NEED a car for this? and i think that, if someone is gonna be driving, he would stay outside, with the car, rather than with the Oracle, in case we need to make a quick getaway...

Kosta
Wow. Sure you dont want some mortars? Although, arm yourselves. This ain gonna be a walk in hte park, especially with that weirdo I saw in the corridor.

Captain REX
Ares settles into his chair and waits for Ariande to jack him in. In the Construct, he grabs his things, already wearing his usual.

Neo-style Shades
Rolex Watch
Wallet with $300
Mobile Phone
Ingrams Mac 10: 3
4 Spare Mac 10 Clips: 4
.50 AE Desert Eagle: 4

"Alright, send me in, Ariadne..." Ares says on his mobile phone.

Bespin Bart
(We'll always need a car. I think that should be our default. Either Burn's '69 Mustang with extra guns or Ares' Yukon XL with extra guns.)

"Try not to max out too much though. Lest the system picks up a large concentration of guns nuts." He chuckles and grins.

He grabs a katana from a rack, unsheathing it. "Perfect..." he says, rubbing a finger on the flat side of the blade. He then gets on the cell phone.

"Ariadne, specialize this for me, will you? Carve 'Mors' in small, stylish prints on both sides, and make the grip fit for my big hands..."

Mors pulls on his black trench coat and slides on his reflective glasses.

Clip-On Shades
Mobile Phone
Katana: 4
Exotic - Butterfly Sword: 4

"Plug me..."

General Zink
Heph slips on his usual red clothing, the bandana and trench coat going on last.

Seraph Shades
Mobile Phone
2 Knives: 2
Small Staff: 4

"Ready!"

SpikeSpiegel
Shades
Mobile Phone
Watch
2x Berretta 92FS 4/4
2x Pistol clips 2/1
That'll do for me, unless yo have some knuckle dusters?

Kosta
(Lets get this show on the road.)

Ushgarak
You can have knuckle dusters. They wouldn't actually DO anything, but they can add to your style.

Ok, Celsius, Mors, Burn, Heph, Rade and San, you are up. Celsius, you go down and the the others into the main building, and the six of you head back up, with nothing at all freaky happening on the way.

The Oracle's assistant smiles again as she lets you all in. Again, she asks you all how you are, and how things have been lately.

"Why don't you all take a seat for a few moments?" she asks. You are in the Oracle's lounge, it is pretty quiet, no-one else around right now, although you can hear some bustling noises from the Kitchen.

Dexx
cell phone
wallet
mp5 (+1 spare clip)
katana

Rade prefers to stand up.

Ushgarak
She smiles.

"Well, that's your choice," she says. "Please excuse me." She heads into the kitchen.

Ushgarak
Ok, now you can all hate me...

Whilst this part of the story is going on, you can all be marvelling at the new 1.3 version Download rules, contained in this new thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t20902.html

Differences are small but significant. Most of you don't have to worry.

But the Naturals, I am afraid, will have to change their loadouts. Well, Cloud doesn't have to, but I think he should.

Note that this new thread also summarises what you are carrying!

Some probems with that- Burn, Rade and Ares all went over their bulk maximums and would blatantly look as if they are carrying weapons. I therefore only took partial amounts of your requested loadouts (and Burn, your MP5 turned into an MP5K.)

If you wish to make changes- or even risk staying over bulk- please tell me.

Fire
*Takes out his Silver Katana, and a loaded Ingram*
Always useful to have a back up piece

Ushgarak
Ok, loaded.

A lot of people going for back-up guns, I see? I hope it's not too many after I hinted about a better distribution would result if those carrying guns went to see the Oracle.

Vincent Rendar
(hey Ush Im a bit late for the load out? hope not. I have to fix some stuff with ym DL...ugh....andyways once I've reworked my stats ill post my load out)

Ushgarak
No, don't worry, no-one is too late to change stuff yet. I'll tell you when the very last chance is.

SpikeSpiegel
Me carrying guns is useful for if anyone runs out I can throw them my gun

Ushgarak
Oh, I took yuor guns out, Cloud.

It really does spoil a Martial Artist's elan if he carries a lot of firepower as well... and I don't think the othjers are short of it.

SpikeSpiegel
OK, maybe take my sword

JediHDM
Ush> You saying that those not going to see the Oracle shouldn't carry a piece as backup, just in case?

Vincent Rendar
Hmm,

Shades, Phone, Watch, Wallet
Two Barretta's (4 Clips)

Good?

Ushgarak
Jedi- nononono.

What I said was that for a more even distribution of who gets to do what in this Assignment, it may help if people who DO carry guns go to see the Oracle.

None of this is THAT important, I just don't want anyone to feel left out by things as they develop.

Looks good to me, Castor... and sword it is, Cloud!

JediHDM
ok, thats what i thought, but the way you said it was confusing me...but i'm better now.

Ushgarak
Ah, well, what I have been ruminating about since is that a lot of the people who DIDN'T go are now carrying back-up guns. Nvm me...

Ushgarak
Ok! Let's get this show on the road!

The Oracle's assistant returns to the Oracle's living room.

"The Oracle sends her apologies," she says, "but since the discovery of Neo, things have been growing increasingly busy and dangerous for her of late. She has not been able to be available for consultations as much as she used to be. She may even have to spend some time... away, before long.

"Even now, she is still very busy indeed. She does think this is something worth talking to you all about... but whilst she sends her fondest regards to you all, some of what she has to say today is not for you all. You are not all walking the same Path."

She stops for a few moments, and then speaks again.

"Celsius. Hephaestus. Rade. The Oracle will see you now."

Vincent Rendar
(Where are us non-oracle-consulting people at? are we in the apartment too just waiting...i remmeber something about a cafe across the street? are we there?)

Ushgarak
Yup, that is as good a place as any.

Aside from doing your loadouts and downloads... err, which people seemed to do faster than I thought... as I said before, feel free to advise the others on what to say oir do, even though only the 3 people actually there can, in the end, ask the questions.

Also feel free to make comment, and speculate, etc. What the Oracle says is information available to all of you, so you can all make use of it.

I'll try not to make it last too long.

SpikeSpiegel
"I'll have a pepsi free (I think that's what they're called in the US...)" Cloud asks the waitress.

Dexx
rade slowly steps into the oracle's room

i'll change my load out soon as i check things a bit

Vincent Rendar
(Its just a Pepsi Cloud. Nothings free.. Heh.)

Castor sat across from Cloud.

"I'll have Sprite please, and a bagel w/ cream cheese."

As the waitress walks away.

"You know Cloud, even if this isnt the real deal...its sure is better than the rations we get on the Shez eh?"

SpikeSpiegel
(I'm on the percy, and I meant the diet ones)

"Yeah, that stuff makes me feel a bit sick."

JediHDM
*I turn to the waitress* "Forgive my forward friend, he meant nothing by it. I'll have the Cafe Latte and the news, if you please" *As i hand her enough money to cover the drinks and leave a nice tip*

Ushgarak
Rade, right now, you can sum up the Oracle's Kitchen in one word.

Bags. Bags and bags and bags. And then, just when an observer might be lured into thinking that that must be it, more bags.

Brown paper bags are lined all over the place- on the table, the selves, the floor. Little channels between the bags provide the only space to move.

You peer into a bag. Groceries.

The Oracle has been shopping.

In the middle of the table, just visible, is a small portable colour television, currently playing a popular soap opera.

"I'm not just a crazy, Loretta!" a straight-faced actor says from the tv. "I'm a crazy with a gun!" The music reaches a climax.

"Hearts of our Minds... will return after these messages!"

Bustling around on the other side of the Kitchen is the Oracle- the orignal Gloria Foster one, of course. She seems to be checking each bag in turn, looking concerned.

"Oh dear," says. "This is very bad." She sighs. "Where DID I put the apples? I'm so sure I saw them just a moment ago..."

JediHDM
note: How come i have the nagging feeling that this is gonna turn real ugly real quick...?

Ushgarak
Heh... no, seriously, it's fine. Have I entirely lost the faith of all of you? Oh, poor poor Ush...

JediHDM
um, no, but if the Oracle cannot find her Apples, then something must be up...

SpikeSpiegel
Couldn't she just see the future of her finding her apples and go and get that bag? stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Oh, if you mean you are suggesting things for people to ask her, feel free...

JediHDM
uh, are you talking to me...? cause that question was directed at you...but we could ask the Oracle that as well!

Ushgarak
What I mean is, if people are worried about that sort of thing, they can ask her! Well, Celsius, Rade and Heph can, anyway.

BTW, I dunno if you have worked out the logic if why those three were the ones chosen, though it is not hard. But Heph and Rade will get the most personal development here, as Celsius is lacking a final Oracle Prophecy.

Cloud- yes she could. Unless she didn't understand why she did the thing that made her unable to find them. But that is getting a mite intellectual for this stage of things...

JediHDM
If i had to guess...

All three are in the Philosophy 'Path'
There is one of each of the three 'tiers' of character types

Ushgarak
It is indeed that they are all on the Philosophy Path. That they are one of each template is mere pleasing coincidence.

JediHDM
wow...coincidence, huh...we all know what...*whispers so Dallas cannot hear him* Morpheus...*voice resumes intensity* would say about coincedence...yes

Ushgarak
It is a good job that Dallas wasn't there for that bit of the films.

----

(if the Shez had gone instead of the Logos...)

"Quit blabbering, Morph! Dallas doesn't need providence!

Now, I have to blow something up, right? Oooh, leave that to me, boy..."

He'd probably also make some comment to Neo about making sure he was ready in time.

"Because Dallas doesn't hang around!"

-----

Dexx
Rade takes a quick peek into the bags nearest to him..for her apples

Ushgarak
Hmm, this one appears to be sugar bags and eggs.

"Oh, don't worry yourself about it," says the Oracle. "I know you aren't going to find them..."

Dexx
Rade stops
"but you don;t know who will and when.."

Ushgarak
She makes a dismissive gesture. "I am sure I'll find them sooner or later," she says. "I find you always find these things in the end. Normally in the last place you look but that gets a bit twisty with me."

She pulls up a chair and sits.

"So. What have we here? How are things with you, Rade?"

General Zink
Heph stands by. He gives Mors a quick glance, and then turns back to the Oracle. He bows respectively.

"The Oracle..." he says as he bows. He smiles. "I see you've been...erm...shopping..."

Ushgarak
(Mors isn't in the room with with you)

"Well, we all have to live!" she says. "Even me. And you, Hephaestus? Been up to much? Keeping that temper of yours under control, I hope..."

Trinity_Matrix
(ahh I'm sorry guys!!! Our phone went out Monday and didn't get working until yesterday, so that meant no internet...but anyway! I'm here now ^_^)

San's Loadout: 2 Glock 18s and 4 clips plus all the free stuff...my usual, heh.

(by the way...tonight I'm gonna try and help my brother figure out the downloads, so before the night is over we may have another character...and he read through the first mission thread so he knows precisely what can happen when stuff goes wrong in here...^_^)

General Zink
(Right, it was a glimpse as Heph left him)

"Er...yeah..." Heph said, slightly embarrased. "I've been keeping my cool. I'm sure you know about that incident at the train station. I kept my cool a bit."

"Other than that, not much. Recently began working on using knives and a staff..."

Ushgarak
Excellent- your brother can be sent by Marduk to help you out, San. And what do you know, I guessed your loadout already! Yay!

-

The Oracle smiles.

"I hope that goes well for you," she says. "Like I told you when we first met, you are bound for a difficult time one day. You still need to learn a lot to make sure you get that right. Well... maybe all this is a good time to learn some things. And talking of this... " She fakes a sigh, of false depression, "somehow I doubt you've come to see me just to talk... I know you people, you ALWAYS want something from me..." She smiles. She never minds. You think she loves it, on some level.

"So then. Here we are. I can't find my apples, that's my problem. I understand you have problems too. Well, we're both here, I've talked about mine... why don't you tell me about yours?"

Captain REX
(Burn, I think we need a bigger car...)

(Hummer perhaps? All of us aren't going to fit in a Fastback...)

General Zink
"Yeah, we do have a bit of a problem. You are right about that."

"I'm sure you are aware that one of our ships, the Bounty, was destroyed six months ago. Belonged to Captain Jericho. That is a problem in itself, but there's more to it..."

"During our run at the train station when we tried to get the device that carried an important code from the Machines, we found that there was another group going after the same thing. We discovered that the group belonged to Captain Jericho, but they are supposed to be dead!"

"Specifically we spotted their gunner, Loomis, and another, Medea..."

Ushgarak
(it was an airport, btw; just the airport had a Light Railway system)

"Yes, I know," says the Oracle. "I remember all those people too. Especially Jericho; I always knew he would go far. A very clever man, Jericho.

"And you think I can help you sort things out, is that it?"

Fire
you THINK that car might be too small, if we fit 4 ppl and our equipment in that thing, it'll crack
we CERTAINLY need a bigger car, if we need a car

General Zink
"Yes, that is what the Council was hoping. Especially Captain Dallas and Captain Marduk, since the crew messed up our mission. We nearly lost Celsius to gunfire and Mors fought an Agent..." Heph says.

"But it is strange, that the crew is dead but they are showing up in the Matrix. I am very curious myself..."

Ushgarak
"Well, it is good that you are curious, Hephaestus. This is something worth being curious about. Of course, if you look at the amoint of reasons why it is you here and not another crew... well..." she smiles again.

(You guys may want to think on that)

"Well, I shall help you all I can, of course. Ask away. What do you want to know?"

Bespin Bart
Mors sighs. He had really been hoping to see the Oracle again. He sits down, resting his head in his hands.

(Any of those spoon-benders around? big grin )

General Zink
Heph nods as she talks.

"Well, how about this question? How come they are in the Matrix, but they are supposedly dead?"

Ushgarak
Don't worry, Mors- your Path will have its moments too.

"Ah," says the Oracle. "I could answer that straight out but it wouldn't be helpful. 'Supposedly' is such a difficult term. I am sure you have thought of many reasons that it could be so. So what you are asking me really is... what happened to Jericho and his crew? And his ship? Am I right?"

Trinity_Matrix
"What's up, Mors?" San asked. "Hoping that this won't turn out like our last mission?"

(lol...yeah, are any of those spoon-benders around? hee!)

Ushgarak
Heh- nah, sorry. As I said, it is very bare out there.

General Zink
"Indeed. The Bounty was blown up and completely shattered. The Mjolnir checked it out."

Trinity_Matrix
(oh well, too bad...)

Ushgarak
The Oracle smiles.

"Well now, Heph," she says. "That one is easily dealt with. Ah! Look what I found!" she says. She reaches into a bag and pulls out an apple. She then throws it to you.

"What have I found there, Heph?"

General Zink
"Um...apples?" Heph says, confused.

Ushgarak
She still has that friendly smile.

"But have I, Heph? Have I really? Or do I just think I have? Truth is, I've never seen an apple in my entire life. At least, I have never seen what you would call an apple, grown on a tree or, where you come from, in hydroponics bays. I call this an apple because that is what I am used to calling it. But it's just a programme. To me, it's not really any different from this table. Still," she says, pulling out another and taking a bite. "I DO like the taste..."

"That looks like an apple but it isn't. That's deception, it's all around us. And deception is at the heart of all this. See, I can only tell you one of two things. Either the Bounty was destroyed and Jericho is dead, just as you heard. In which case, those people you saw at the airport are a deception. Either that, or Jericho and his crew didn't die. In which case, something you thought you knew about the situation is a deception. And that could be anything. Even the destruction of the Bounty. One way or another, you have to accept that something you thought was so, is not.

"So, you want to know what part was lie, and which part was truth, yes? And so then there would be no more 'supposed' about it, I suppose..."

Fire
nice touch

General Zink
"I fell for it again..." Heph chuckles. "Yes, I do seem to have trouble remembering that this isn't real..."

"But yes, parting the lies from the truth would help."

Ushgarak
She nods.

"You have a friend who needs to bear that in mind very much," she says. "But you don't need to worry. You just need to watch your temper!

"And as for lies and truth..." she pauses to light a cigarette. "I'm sorry, Hephaestus, I have been playing a game with you. I'm not going to tell you what happened to Jericho and the Bounty." She takes a drag. "And I am sure that will invite more questions..."

General Zink
"Oh..." Heph sighs, looking down at the ground, and then up. Why can't this be simple, WHY? he asks himself.

"Well, how do you suppose we find out the answer?"

Ushgarak
One thing you know about the Oracle, Heph- straight answers are NOT her style!

"The answer to what?" she asks.

General Zink
"The answer to our problem..." Heph says. WHYYYYYYYYY!?!?

Trinity_Matrix
(come on, you know the Oracle never gives straight answers! ^_^)

Ushgarak
Oh, she is enjoying this...

"Your problem about not knowing what happened to Jericho and his ship?" she asks.

General Zink
"Yep..." Heph starts rocking back and forth on his feet, shifting his weight. "That would be our problem..."

Ushgarak
"Ah, you see," she says, "that is why I am not going to tell you. You see," she continues, gesturing at you with her cigarette, "that's not really what you have come here to learn. You THINK you have, but you have not."

Vincent Rendar
Castor enjoys his sprite and bagel.

(Hey Hep, you might want to ask her about how the Jericho (dead or alive) found out about our little operation. If they are dead theres no way the could have know right? Or maybe if they're alive how did they find out w/ having any contact with Zion.)

Trinity_Matrix
(yeah, that'd prolly be a good idea...)

General Zink
"Oh really?" Heph says, clearly irritated. "Well then..."

"How about this question? If Jericho is dead or alive, we don't know, how did his crew know about the USB device? The Percy discovered it."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>