How old is Alfred?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SilverFighter
I think he might be 70 years old at least. He is healthy and rarely get's sick or tired in both the comic books and the movies. Whatcha all think his age is?

Ryshtyanna
I think Alfred is a 10-year-old boy trapped in the body of a 200-year-old man.

Okay, but seriously, I keep seeing Alfred as one of those stuffy old farts who refuse to let a petty thing like old age prevent him from going into a pine box.

Maybe Alfred was borrowed from the Addaams Family? He was replaced by Lurch when Alfred decided to take advantage of his Freedom 55 package. Then, when retirement got too boring, he got back into the butler business and that's how he came to run Wayne Manor.

SilverFighter
laughing out loud

Jade_Eyes
Alfred served in her Majesty's Secret Air Service in WWII. He would have to be in his late early to mid 80s

MaverickIce
He's ageless.

Lord Soth
really old, that's all we really know

Jade_Eyes
I know for a fact that read in one of the comics years ago a reference by Alfred to his old connections at MI-6 from the WWII

Herr Logan
He's eternally middle-aged. 40-60. Something like that. MaverickIce is right, he is ageless.
And don't let me catch any of you speaking ill of Alfred Pennyworth again!! Ignorant heathens... Don't you know a TRUE hero when you see him!?

WindDancer
I think that Alfred might seen ageless is because some of you are thinkin of the Alfred in Batman series from the WB. The Alfred in the movies seems old. The Alfred in the comic books looks ageless because he is a healthy, and appears to be in normal shape.

Herr Logan
The animated series was largely influenced by the movies. Alfred in the comics looks like Alfred in the cartoon, but with dark hair. Because Michael Gough was so wretchedly old (but not any less an Alfred), they compromised in the series and made Alfred's hair grey/white.

WindDancer
What about the old Alfred from the Batman series with Adam West? I'm not sure if that idea of that Alfred was influence by the comics of that era. Whatcha think?

mindbugaling

Herr Logan
Absolutely. Alfred, as well as everyone else on that show was taken right from the comics of the current and the previous decade. Alfred was a bumbling detective wannabe who eventually knew Batgirl's identity when the Dynamic Duo didn't. It was a horrid presentation of Batman, but completely faithful for the times. People shouldn't dis the show for what it was, but they shouldn't let it significantly influence future movies or other media.

WindDancer
My old thread. love

I'm just bumping this thread because I think I'd figure Alfred's age. If I'm correct he has a daughter which is about 40 years old. So I'm thinking she was conceived somewhere around the 60's. That means he was prolly somwhere around 24 years old when his daughter was born. So, I'm taking a blind shot at this....

..Alfred must be 64 year old. So I'm guessing that in his early 30's he began working for Thomas Wayne. And at the age of 35 he looked after a young Bruce.......Hmmm, what do you guys think?

shaber
Was he in issue one? If so then he is 66 and has always been an old man.

WindDancer
No, he was introduce much later. Not sure what issue...but I think it was in Detective Comics.

Batman Wins
Nice ****ing Batman Avatar Wind.

WindDancer
Thank you. happy

Mainstream
I'm guessing 65-70

Kieralinn
Originally posted by Mainstream
I'm guessing 65-70

I would agree with that. Everyone thinks my mother is about 55-59 and she will be 70 this year! Some people just don't look as old as they are...Dick Clark was a good example of that..though he is starting to look as old as he is now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.