anakins father in AOTC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
im sure you guys have discussed this before, but it just occurred to me the other day that we will probably find out who anakins father is in episode ii, or atleast something in the manner of darth vader telling luke he was h is father in episode v. i was thinking that in the long scheme of things, it would work out well if palpatine WAS in fact anakins father. think of the final battle in the throne room on the death star in episode vi, three generations of skywalkers battling it out. it would seem to wrap up the whole saga niceley. i was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the matter.

BIGsef

jedi212guy
It would be interesting, but I doubt GL will do that. I think he will focus more on the Shmi's death and such...

bigsef2
i think GL will focus alot on that, but i was just watching the dvd the other day, and the whole thing with qui-gon and shmi talking about how anakin had no father, that is a loose thread that needs to be tied in the saga. at some point we are going to either find out his father was a real person, or was conceived by the force, like qui- gon thought. since we know anakin is not going to be the one to bring balance, and that luke is, it would seem that anakin is not the skywalker to be conceived by the force. my theory right now is that leah is padme and anakins true child, and that luke was somehow the one conceived by the force, possibly to bring balance, but righting the wrongs his 'father' committed. what do you think?

yerssot
lots of stuff to say:

Anakin did brought balance to the force: there were 10 000 Jedis. After he turned there were only 2: OB1 and Yoda, than Luke and Yoda. And there were only 2 Dark ones: The Emperor and Vader.
That's balance, I think.

That Anakin doesn't has a father is normal. It indicates that he is special. He is not like everyone else... he is the chosen one

King Jedi
We still don't know what "balance" means in TPM. It doesn't have to mean an equal number of Jedi and Sith.

But no I don't think Palpatine is Anakins father.

yerssot
why drop his son in a stupid sandplanet?

btw: the story about the balance has been discussed and Ush had a complete story wich was I think very very close to the truth.

GL said that there are two colors: white and black, when there is no balance everything will become grey...

King Jedi
We still don't know what that really means though.

Dim
I personally think we need to forget that there's anything strange about Anakin's birth because I don't think we're ever going to find out anything more than what we already know.

Ushgarak
yerssot- the balance thing is NOT numbers. By wiping out the Jedi the Sith unbalanced the natural force. It won;t be full re-balanced until the Jedi are restored.

So says GL.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.