Who is the most fascinating, mysterious character in the HP books so far?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

heatherfeather7
Who does everyone think is the most fascinating and mysterious character in the books so far? Someone who maybe we don't know much about yet, but you're just SURE they have some big secrets or just really interesting things about them that haven't come out yet. Happy Dance

lord voldemort
IN BOOK 7 IT IS THE DARK LORDS SON WHICH IS NAMED AFTER THE DARK LORDS NAME VOLDEMORT THE 2ND HE IS POWERFUL AS HARRY AND MORE THAN HIS FATHER THEY SAY THAT HE CAN DEPATE INSIDE HOGWARTS AND OH YEAH HE IS THE ONE THAT MANAGES TO KILL DUMBULDORE AND THEY SAY THAT THE STORY WILL CONTINUE WHEN HARRY IS AN ADULT THATS WHAT I HAVE HEARD OF JKR AMBITION

Linkalicious
where do you hear this nonsense? I'd love to know your source...And I think so far the most interesting person is Snape. Who knows why he went from bad to good? who knows how he got involved with L. Voldy in the first place? Who knows what he's going to do in future books? Did he really have a humungous crush on Lily Evans? If he did, what did he do about it? If he confessed is undying love to her, did she shut him down? What are his parents like? What's the real reason why Dumbledore won't let him be the DADA teacher? I'm sure i could think of more but first i'd like to see someone answer those questions accurately.

Kristina
SNAPE!!!!! No doubt!

Maikahyandowen
Harry's dad. JKR hasn't said much about him.

Linkalicious
that woulda been the 2nd person i put... I wanna know if James has any relation to Godoric Gryffindor and what he did for a living. I'm not 100% sure, but isn't James a pureblood? What did he end up doing to get Lily to like him? What was his relationship with his dad like? tons and tons of answerless questions about James. I hope that JK devotes atleast a whole chapter to James Potter, maybe like Dumbledore tells Harry a story about James in his office.

bLooMiLiCioUs
totally snape.and harry's parents.

Kristina
Maybe Harry's mother but I think we already know a lot about Harry's dad.

Linkalicious
what do we know about Harry's dad? that he played quidditch and he was head boy...wow what a great biography

StrgzrCndyPixie
luna i meen cum on its gotta b

DarkRoan
I agree, Luna Lovegood is so unique and strange, there has to be more to her...JK led us on a bit and I hope she follows up!

heatherfeather7
I agree about there being more to Luna than has been given away so far. I also think there is still much to learn about Snape.

Linkalicious
i didn't say Luna because we learned a decent amount about her for 1 book. We know her dad works for the quibler and that she has seen death before. And for those people who read carefully you can also see several hints that Luna has a crush on Harry. I chose Snape and James because we've known about them for that past 5 books, but we really don't know that much about them. And i don't think that Luna is that strange, she's probably just very misunderstood.

Schizo_n_me
I think its the familiar looking bartender dude...he INTRIGUES me.... What the f**k? yes

airangel429
The familiar looking bartender looks like Dumbledore and on a site I found that most think he is Dumbledore's brother who we have heard of who was in the Order back in the day!! YES HE TOO IS VERY STRANGE AND INTRIGUING........

Also...Snape, Lily, Petunia(i think she acts one way and feels another) and Dumbledore himself! Dobby too!

heatherfeather7
I think you may be onto something with the Petunia thing. Because of what she did in OotP I think there may be something come to light about her in the next 2 books.

StrgzrCndyPixie
petunia of course wat a dumass i am da yeah i agree petunia and luna

Maikahyandowen
i wanna know why lily fell in love with james. from what harry saw happening between the two, it's amazing they got married.

Aimz Radcliffe
I think Luna is..!!

airangel429
Yeah...I was kinda wondering myself how Lily and James did eventually end up together...........I am hoping we find all of that out in the next book.

Heck the whole book is intriguing..... she never really tells us ENOUGH about anyone except for Harry, the Weasleys and we keep finding out more about Neville. Hermoine...well she comes from muggle parents...

Also........... that mark evans kid is intriguing...I wanna know if he really is going to be related to Lily.

bLooMiLiCioUs
oh yeah how cld i 4get petunia!!

Maikahyandowen
what about that giant hagrid brought back? whatever happened to him?
" haggy! hermy, where haggy?"

heatherfeather7
The giant Hagrid brought back was Grawp who happens to be his brother (since they had the same giant mother). I''m sure there will be more dealing with him in the 6th book.

bLooMiLiCioUs
but he dun really fit the mysterious auralaughing out loud

Maikahyandowen
no, i guess not. dumbledore, kind of. allways seems like he knows more than he's telling.

Ariadne
Dumbledore is pretty mysterious being as wise as he is, but Luna's pretty out there as well.

frootlooplucy
James was head boy?? Where did it say that?

I found Sirius intriguing *sniffle* but apart from that I think Harry's parents, Luna, Dumbledore, the bartender, Snape (especially him).
And in book 5 Ginny really surprised me, she was so much more outgoing and... she seemed to be more of a main character *hinthint*

Camellia
Firenze and the other centaurs....

Aimz Radcliffe
but Luna seems to be hiding something..i think she will b a main character...mayb voldermort related?? roll eyes (sarcastic) :cureous:

Mirage
Dumbledore (why does he always smile when you hear something about Voldemort? What's with that?), Luna (She's there for a reason, but what?) and Petunia (She knows something, she isn't as muggle as we all make out i think!)!!!

Luna150
This is to do with snape never getting DADA. Perhaps because snape was once obbsessed with the dark arts dumbledore doesn't want him to become obbsessed with it again. Or simple it would be too much bother to put snape as dada teacher then get a new potion master. Snape is most mysterious i think but luna is the coolest

Maikahyandowen
luna's rather........odd. but she hangs about harry and co. too much not to be important.

punkyhermy
Lily Evans and Sirius Black!until now...

danis4ever
What do you mean by that?

Elondra
James wasn't the Head Boy it was Lupin.

Elondra
I think Snape and Lily Potter.I really wanna know why Voldemort didn't wanna kill Lily.

danis4ever
Maybe he had a crush on her before! joke....

kiyana_ayame
Where does it say that? Lupin was a prefect in the 5th book and as far as i can remember none of the books said anything about Lupin being Head Boy. I can't really remember but didn't Hagrid say something in the first book about James bein Head Boy? I haven't read the first book in ages but i'm sure its there.

Joy2dWorld
oY! if we're talking about most mysterious, then it has to be ELOISE MIDGEN!!!

Will they ever show her in the movie, I wonder..

If there's only one thing I dont like in JKR's books, its her use of a girl as a reference to someone really ugly-- the pimply one. But I cant be too hard on JK coz she really needed something "dreadful" yet easy to identify with, to compare it with, I just wish it wasnt any human character.. well, she's got a chance to make Midgen appear prettier in her remaining 2 books.. maybe even make Ron notice her, that would be soooo nice!

furious_socks
ddddd

furious_socks
hagrids mum and dad.. now umm... lets see... hagrids dad is a very short man and his mums pure giant. sooo am i the only person who thinks they might have trouble..... in bed

danis4ever
No, you look abosolutely terrific...! And i envied that blonde hair of yours! Mine's black... boring isn't?

Joy2dWorld
OMG! you're gorgeous!

how can you say you're ugly? if you were, then I dont know what I'd be! messed

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" - i know this came from a movie, which one is it?.. er.. aha! i got it, Wesley Snipes said it in Blade 2 (eww! that movie! sorry.. embarrasment) but originally, i think its from The Godfather smile

furious_socks
yeah its also innnn cruel intentions aww i luv dat movvie!! lol i want black hair mines so ordinary but im not alloud to colour it black. and i like dah word gorgeous even though i dont think i am that... i have pretty bad self esteem anyway yes yes yes

furious_socks
hey i wanna play LUNA LOVEGOOD yaY!

Linkalicious
whew...i thought i was the only one that commented her on how she looked. atleast there are people that agree with me. but it gets better...she's funny too

furious_socks
where did your meeting go pacha?

Trickster
Sirius is the most interesting character. If he's properly dead I'll be pissed! I think the most interesting relationship has to be the group of Sirius, James, Lupin and Peter(and Lily). And why they hate Snape so much I know the reason they SAY is cos of the whomping willow thing, but there had to be a reason before that. It's obvious Snape fancied Lily, but I don't know why Sirius hated him. Maybe cos of loyalty to James

furious_socks
dey hate him coz he is a slimey lil git big grin

saying snape fancied lilly is the same as saying draco has da hot 4 hemione and i dun think he duz

dey both call pfffft mudblood thing

Trickster
Snapes got nought against mudbloods.

I think he joined Voldy was cos of his hatred for James, Sirius etc...

Laviera_j
And also because of his shitfaced parents - i am soooo sorry for the language, but it makes me so mad that he went through that and then at school too mad

- Im not a nutter by the way! LOL! laughing

PrefectRonnykin
Ron is the most mysterious LOL i think it would have to be dumbledor

PrefectRonnykin
perfect evadence for hp/hg shipper oy thank you sooo much never noticed that thank you x100000

General_Kaiden
I have to admit, even though I despise him, he is the most interesting character, for the uninitiated, he is Harry Potter's 'Gollum'

megajoint
luna and maybe her father in the future
or
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Stumister
I think Mr Weasley is the most Unique person in the books!!!!!!!

His fasination (sp!!) with muggles is so funny!!! Who has a collection of batteries?????? big grin

angiethedragon
I think the most fasinating character is Dumbledore and Harrys parents, I have a strange feeling that Dumbledore could be a direct decendant of Merlin OR he might be Merlin himself i mean he has lived a long time (i know that kinda sounded far fetched) but maybe that's why voldemort is afraid of him because dumbledore is related to merlin in some way It's possible isn't it

pixie1
that would fit into the thery of the time turner and voldy being salz slythrin

angiethedragon
I don't think voldemort is salazar slytherin because we know more about voldemorts past than we do Dumbledore's

angiethedragon
we know that voldemort started life as a baby but how do we know that Dumbledore isn't merlin and didn't use a time turner to travel to the future. or you know that familiar man in the bar what if that is a much younger Dumbledore? maybe he knows more than he lets on

pixie1
the thory got around all of that it is on one of the other threads but im not sure witch one
but he maybe murlin

angiethedragon
He really seems to be exactly like merlin

hhhhr
are we talking about the merlin ambrosius (Myrddin emrys)?

Trickster
Ergh. I really hope Dumbledore is not Merlin, and Voldy is not Salazar. That would suck.

angiethedragon
well of course voldy is not salazar but i think it'd be cool if dumbledore turned out to be related somehow to merlin

angiethedragon
and something tells me that harry might be related to gryffindor, i doubt he'd have gotten that sword if he wasn't

Trickster
I think he got his sword cos he is A Gryffindor, as in their house, and Gryffindor protects it's students...

Trickster
Plus I really hope Dumbledore isn't Merlin, sure he might be related, and that's fine - I just don't like all these Time Turner theories!

hhhhr
ok who is merlin here??????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.